Why is Halo 3 so bad now?

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
I've played COD4 for like 6 months now as my online game. But now the achievements have come out and I was like great I can go back to Halo! But its pretty awful, I used to love it but this is terrible. I first noticed how it takes like 10 minutes to find a game and when you do, the search just restarts. I've probably played Halo in the past week for about 8 hours and I've probaly played around 12 games. I've been sitting here for literally 30 minutes waiting for a game. And why does your stupid NAT type have to be open? Every other games online functions better than Halo and my NAT is moderate for all those. Also when you do finally get into a game it's blurry and people quit and glitch and it lags extremely bad and your teamates kill you. I can't believe I played over 1000 games in the first couple months after it came out. Anyways I just wanted to ask if its any better when your NAT type is open? I've tried to change it but I don't know the password for my router controls.
CallT0Arms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CallT0Arms
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

erm

to open Your NAT your going to have to port forward :)

its pretty tedious but its worth it

just some help buddy

if you havent tamperd with your router

its

user:admin

password:password

Akatsuki_Gujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Akatsuki_Gujin
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Look, another person who hates Halo 3!!!! I gave up on that game too, and not just achievement wise. Campaign was dull as hell, multiplayer was dull as hell, and everytime I get into a game and it disconnects, I lose expereince, and it counts as a REAL MATCH!!!! This game is just horrible at multiplayer. Hell, Dead Rising's online play is much more better then this!!!

Honestly, just give up on this game, and sell it to get about $15 or something around that...

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
whoa press enter every now and then to make a paragraph or something....I haven't played Halo3 in a couple months now, so I don't know what the update is like, but an update that gave out new achievements, wouldn't make people kill you more or something silly like that.
diamond2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 diamond2d
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts

Look, another person who hates Halo 3!!!! I gave up on that game too, and not just achievement wise. Campaign was dull as hell, multiplayer was dull as hell, and everytime I get into a game and it disconnects, I lose expereince, and it counts as a REAL MATCH!!!! This game is just horrible at multiplayer. Hell, Dead Rising's online play is much more better then this!!!

Honestly, just give up on this game, and sell it to get about $15 or something around that...

Akatsuki_Gujin
LET ME GUESS! a CoD4 fan? DID U PLAY CoD's Campaign? NOW that was Dull! Halo rocks!
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
[QUOTE="Akatsuki_Gujin"]

diamond2d

LET ME GUESS! a CoD4 fan? DID U PLAY CoD's Campaign? NOW that was Dull! Halo rocks!

Please tell me you just posted that as a joke...It doesn't bother me that you like Halo better then COD4, it DOES bother me that you are going to use caps lock when its not needed, that you just sate something without giving any good reasons, and generally being a fanboy.

OneLessFinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OneLessFinger
Member since 2006 • 1121 Posts
The reason you have to have your NAT set to open is because its the only way to get full functionality out of xbox live, its not just halo, its recommend by EVERY game.... www.xbox.com/live (try reading a little) the reason its taking forever for you to find a game is because of your moderate NAT settings....
cadiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cadiu
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
What is NAT?
gophers1789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 gophers1789
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
How can you say that COD4 campaign was dull? It is the second best campaign mode IMO of any the shooting games for the xbox 360 Halo 3 is a close 3rd though but Gears of War is the best by far. i love Halo 3 and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to call COD4 campaign dull is just not true.
[QUOTE="Akatsuki_Gujin"]

diamond2d

mayforcebeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mayforcebeyou
Member since 2007 • 2703 Posts
that's because you get bored of it for playing too much
xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts

I went back for the same reason, and I'm loving it. I forgot how much fun Halo can be in short bursts. It's when you play it too much, or too little is when you get frusterated with it.

shickadance33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shickadance33
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts

Hello tards time to grow up Halo3 is good and so is CoD4 but both campains need work. halo 3 was a short campaign and in CoD4 it was mostly repeats of the same thing. take cover, dont get shot, kill these guys, hide in here, go to this place, BLAND MUCH.besides im a fan of both and know CoD4 is ok and halo 3 to, but when it comes to multiplayer halo 3 is the leading ame on xbox live.CATERBIRD

Well said CATEBIRD. seriously very well put.

bradocki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bradocki
Member since 2003 • 203 Posts

I don't like 1st person shooters, never did because i always need to know where my character is walking and stuff, otherwise i fall in places where i'm not suposed too, i'm sure it's just me. And that's why GEARS OF WAR rocks.

But for me Halo 3 was hyped all the way and it doesn't even look like a 360 game, i don't know where it went wrong because i didn't like the first two games anyways.

But i do think Halo fans deserved a better game, i hope Microsux make it up to you guys on the next one, but just to me that game SUCKS big time!!!

Akatsuki_Gujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Akatsuki_Gujin
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I'm not a CoD fanboy, more of a GoW person myself...
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
Wow, all those post, and maybe two answers that were actually relevant... way to go guys, real good... To the TC, as mentioned, you need to have an open NAT to get the most out of games on live. it will allow you faster (and stronger) connections, and will alleviate your problems with halo and finding games. However, Halo itself has been messed up, at least last night it was, thanks to the new "pre-update" microsoft released. My buddy and I were able to connect to a total of 3 games in an hour and a half last night. It seems everyone had a bad connection last night, at least everyone we tried. We tested by choosing to prefer players with strong connections. Out of nearly 1000 matches found, it wasn't able to connect to a single game. Put it back to allow any connections, and it allowed us to connect to the aforementioned games, albeit with a lot of lag and other oddities in tow. So, as an answer to your question, yes you should change your NAT to open (xbox.com, search for port forwarding), but it might not, at least at the current time, give you the answers you are looking for. Now, with that out of the way, to all the CoD4 vs. Halo fanboys, bugger off in a corner and die. Seriously, it's gotten old already. They're both great games, if you're too blind to see that then you really fit the fanboy category. If you simply don't like a game, then fine. But back it up with why you don't like it. Every argument needs solid reasoning, otherwise it's just pointless rambling.
-SPECTER-MIKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -SPECTER-MIKE
Member since 2008 • 576 Posts

I went back for the same reason, and I'm loving it. I forgot how much fun Halo can be in short bursts. It's when you play it too much, or too little is when you get frusterated with it.

xXHackettXx

Me too, I played halo non stop when it came out and then after like two months it was just so boring. Then my friend got it and I asked myself why did I stop playing this. And then the same thing happened, you got to switch it up.

The_Sand_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Sand_Man
Member since 2008 • 6788 Posts

What is NAT?cadiu

Network Adress Translation.

iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
I still really like HAlo 3
187Mobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 187Mobster
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts

the game is fun if u dont suck at it:P

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#22 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

lol dude nat gose4 on any where on xbox libve buddy kk bungie took the extra step to provide u the info if it was nt open

it dont have to be open but u will be limited to people on any game on xbox live

i suggest u call or have your parants call your internet provider and bring you a differnet router as yours is bad and junk it should be free they will charghe a servis fee for having to come which should be like 20 bucks

and if u dont know your password for your router then u need ask your parants for it if they dont know and your internet provider gave it to u it be really simple u can just call and they have it will aleast they should if u bought it your self call the support number and see what they can do if u dont know support number just google it

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Akatsuki_Gujin

lol aint my fualt your bad at the game and it aint my fualt your internet is bad so from that how is halo bad?

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

Akatsuki_Gujin
didn't know dead rising had multiplayer
gamer_10001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamer_10001
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts

I've played COD4 for like 6 months now as my online game. But now the achievements have come out and I was like great I can go back to Halo! But its pretty awful, I used to love it but this is terrible. I first noticed how it takes like 10 minutes to find a game and when you do, the search just restarts. I've probably played Halo in the past week for about 8 hours and I've probaly played around 12 games. I've been sitting here for literally 30 minutes waiting for a game. And why does your stupid NAT type have to be open? Every other games online functions better than Halo and my NAT is moderate for all those. Also when you do finally get into a game it's blurry and people quit and glitch and it lags extremely bad and your teamates kill you. I can't believe I played over 1000 games in the first couple months after it came out. Anyways I just wanted to ask if its any better when your NAT type is open? I've tried to change it but I don't know the password for my router controls.Conroi58

If you look very closely you may find your answer.

portforward.com It takes maybe 20 minutes to open you NAT.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
fanboy v fanboy, this will be a civil and fun thing to watch :roll:
GCN-beats-PS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GCN-beats-PS2
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts
halo 3 is fun except for ****heads online who will say the stupidest **** and over react like babies when you make one mistake the halo 3 comunity SUCKS
Meatloaf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Meatloaf2
Member since 2008 • 263 Posts
dude u don't think the game sucks i think that you suck no offense. i mean i did the same thing i stopped playing halo and started playing cod around april and then just 4 days ago went back to halo and i suck at it. The two games just require different skills. I wish there was a way to make my self better sometimes.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

Akatsuki_Gujin

if u get disconnected, thats probably ur connection not xbox's

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i havn't played that in forver.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Microsoft1234

187Mobster
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Hell, Dead Rising's online play is much more better then this!!!

Akatsuki_Gujin

Ahhhhhhhhh. =-0 Lol

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes it take me 5 mins to get a game in Halo 3
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Microsoft1234

yes it take me 5 mins to get a game in Halo 3naruto7777

honestly that happens to me very rarely, it takes me a little bit, but it also depends on your level and other things too, and the game type.

papercut18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 papercut18
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts

call of duty 4 is better

i played halo 3 when it came out then around january 08 i got call of duty 4 and relized y it was better nd call of duty wow is about to come out yes

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
My internet connection is normally top notch. However it does stink when others are lagging and they're impossible to shoot.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#37 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

[QUOTE="CATERBIRD"]Hello tards time to grow up Halo3 is good and so is CoD4 but both campains need work. halo 3 was a short campaign and in CoD4 it was mostly repeats of the same thing. take cover, dont get shot, kill these guys, hide in here, go to this place, BLAND MUCH.besides im a fan of both and know CoD4 is ok and halo 3 to, but when it comes to multiplayer halo 3 is the leading ame on xbox live.shickadance33

Well said CATEBIRD. seriously very well put.

you are joking shick the guy made a few mistakes for example COD4 had a fantastic SP halos was short and dull so if you think that was well put wow.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#38 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
[QUOTE="Akatsuki_Gujin"]

k2theswiss

lol aint my fualt your bad at the game and it aint my fualt your internet is bad so from that how is halo bad?

you need to go to school cause you can't spell and halo 3 is so easy my 4 year old cousin could beat you online.

Meatloaf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Meatloaf2
Member since 2008 • 263 Posts
i liked them both, but if i had to choose i would choose cod 4, both games took me about the same time to beat, halo was just a little more challenging. I would have chose halo 3, but they changed online to much; I mean the killing is a little faulty. Both games are very repetitive when it comes to online. Cod has presteige mode and halo just had a update that reseats exp and you play the same games over and over again. Both of them have useful dlc. The thing that made me choose cod is the community; right now there is alot of *** holes on halo 3. Still i like both of the games.
MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts
I played COD 4 for 6 months straight and never touched Halo 3, but now I am finding it a bit stale. Its not that COD 4 is bad, its just that after 6 months I just need a change and Halo 3 is still pretty good even after a year.
Xphirinon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Xphirinon
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts
now? it was terrible before. i hate all those damned little kids
padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts
Halo 3 is not bad... I like it... but there are a lot of people that hate it, i don't understand
Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Conroi58
[QUOTE="187Mobster"]

Microsoft1234

I bet I am a lot better than you. I'm a 47 in Slayer, 45 in Double team, 45 in lone wolves. And I have won 2/3 games with almost 700 ranked and a little less than 500 in social. And 90% of the games I've played so far in DLC Big team I am by far the best in the game.

[QUOTE="Akatsuki_Gujin"]

k2theswiss

It's because it only lags and glitches in Halo 3. Everyother online game I play is fine.

caperjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 caperjim
Member since 2005 • 59 Posts
I agree with how long it takes for a match. When you do find other players and the room is full, you still have to wait up to a minute for everyone to load the map. At one time i thought Halo had the best matchmaking of any game. Now after playing games like Battlefield and COD4, it seems very outdated.
Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Conroi58
It's a good game when it's working properly but when it's not then it is terrible. If everyone's connection is good and no one quits then it's fun.
j-killer-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 j-killer-316
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
why cant we live in a world were the cod4 fans just stop hating on halo. i never seen a halo fan in here ever post a topic saying cod4 sucks, thats because its a good game, both are. halo fans accept that so why cant you cod4 fans accept that too
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Microsoft1234
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="Akatsuki_Gujin"]

TX360

you need to go to school cause you can't spell and halo 3 is so easy my 4 year old cousin could beat you online.

easy? lmao go play cod or something............. get a 50 and start talking alright?

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Microsoft1234
[QUOTE="Microsoft1234"][QUOTE="187Mobster"]

Conroi58

I bet I am a lot better than you. I'm a 47 in Slayer, 45 in Double team, 45 in lone wolves. And I have won 2/3 games with almost 700 ranked and a little less than 500 in social. And 90% of the games I've played so far in DLC Big team I am by far the best in the game.

[QUOTE="Akatsuki_Gujin"]

k2theswiss

It's because it only lags and glitches in Halo 3. Everyother online game I play is fine.

social? i bet i could outbr u anyday, anyways im 48 in slayer (started playing mlg more im a 43) and won more then 2/3 my games btw 45 in doubles,ya bk

MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

I agree with how long it takes for a match. When you do find other players and the room is full, you still have to wait up to a minute for everyone to load the map. At one time i thought Halo had the best matchmaking of any game. Now after playing games like Battlefield and COD4, it seems very outdated. caperjim

The reason why it takes longer to find a game is because:

1. Ranks actually mean something in Halo 3 so you can't join games in progress

2. They try to match you with people of your same skill level.

So basically (online glitching and lagging aside) the extra time is there to ensure a greater quality match (skill wise). And I do find that it works, since I have had alot of close games on Halo 3 while on COD 4 most matches are blowouts. But since COD 4 doesn't have a true ranking system for skill, bad quality matches mean alot less than on Halo since you do earn experience regardless.

I think that both matchmaking systems correspond well to the game its for.