Why does Halo appeal to so many people?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

Now look here, ive never been a hardcore Halo fan, then again I never caught the trend with the first xbox. Ive played 3 and enjoyed it but dont have a hardcore obession about it. But still I would like some honest answers as to why Halo apeals to you as well as so many people. Is it the characters? Plot? Gameplay? graphcs? Perhaps something else? Im not trying to start a COD vs Halo debate so please take that somewhere else :oops: So yea, does Halo appeal to you and why?

monkeysrule16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 monkeysrule16
Member since 2008 • 1209 Posts
the only reason it appeals to me is because my friend got me hooked when i was like 9 or 10. i like the graphics, the gameplay, and the characters. it is just satisfying to beat down a grunt with a mele shot.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
because halo 1 was good it has had a high fanboy base ever since.
Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ayessua
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

It's a mainstream title. I don't like it either, but since it's so mainstream allot of people like it. Which is the purpose of a mainstream title, to get allot of people interested in general. Plus, playing the hero who can be definitively recognized and is called nothing short of a real hero, allot of people get interested from the start.

Oh, and before I get flamed; just because I called Halo mainstream and said I didn't like it doesn't make it bad. Mainstream =/= bad. Gears of War is mainstream as well but I like that title. There is nothing wrong with liking mainstream. To be honest, there probably would be something wrong with you if you didn't like any mainstream titles.

Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts

Now look here, ive never been a hardcore Halo fan, then again I never caught the trend with the first xbox. Ive played 3 and enjoyed it but dont have a hardcore obession about it. But still I would like some honest answers as to why Halo apeals to you as well as so many people. Is it the characters? Plot? Gameplay? graphcs? Perhaps something else? Im not trying to start a COD vs Halo debate so please take that somewhere else :oops: So yea, does Halo appeal to you and why?

ImSwordMan

Yes, it, sort of, does. It provides you with enjoyment! :)

jlm13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jlm13
Member since 2002 • 762 Posts

I never played halo 1 or 2 but Halo 3 is just so fun. I guess the story was good and it was fun to get thru.

I think the thing I like so much about the multiplayer is there is go much variety. I mean there is vehicles, big hammers and swords then you have the forge feature and create you own game type.

I guess it does so many things well and a few things perfectly and the game just comes together into a nice total package.

R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts
i've liked Halo since the first one for the original XBOX because it was something way different back then, and i loved that it had co-op too, but i love it because it let's me have fun and it does so many things right in the games it's as simple as that for me:)
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
The game is very easy to pick up and play and have fun.
marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

Because of clever marketing.

pepperman33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 pepperman33
Member since 2005 • 494 Posts

I had Halo 1 on PC, and i loved the series ever since then
I think it appeals to people outside those who usually play games, simply because it's got a good plot, characters you can relate to, and also its a bit tongue in cheek. It never takes itself to seriously, and theres little jokes in it, like the grunts screaming things and such.

It's just fun!

Hulkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Hulkness
Member since 2008 • 1271 Posts
Its the funnest game with friends. The story is great and master chief is awsome. The gameplay is amazing and very competetive. I just love it.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
The art style is unique and beautiful. The story is entertaining. The MP is fun and has so many variants. Save videos are fun to watch with friends. It's just plain ole' fun! It's too bad people want to find flaws in Halo and say it's overrated. They are missing out on some good times.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
The gameplay is simple; the story if freaking awesome.. and I personaly got hooked by the music. I love the music in the Halo games!
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

The gameplay is simple; the story if freaking awesome.. and I personaly got hooked by the music. I love the music in the Halo games!sinistergoggles

Agreed. Shame on me for not mentioning how awesome and epic the music is!

Ed_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ed_The_Great
Member since 2008 • 193 Posts
I feel the same about it as you do.I enjoyed it when i played but don't obsess over it.Only reason that i had chance to play Halo 3 it's that it came with my Xbox,otherwise i wouldn't even care to try.
sawdanjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 sawdanjon
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Mostly because of online multiplayer. It is way better with that than alot of games, and also the title is widely recognized so people buy it. GUN was an awesome game and no one got into it because it didn't get alot of publicity.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
for me, it's just the combination of everything. how the game plays, how it looks and sounds, all the crazy action, i just think it's done realy well, and i enjoy the kind of experience it provides.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I played Halo 1 when it first came out and I had an awesome time. Ever since then I've been a fan of Master Chief.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Because it's a good game. Nuff said.
Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts

its just overhyped so people think its the best...its a good game...multiplayer is fun with your friends but i find there are way too many 12 year olds playin it..and plus the story sucks

co op is good, its just a good standard shooter game

i prefer gears but i still play halo from time to time....the new maps they just put out are pretty good, especially for free i wont never pay for them

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
Because Halo: CE innovated every damn aspect of console FPS, and Halo 2 was the first FPS with online play on consoles if i remember correctly, and finally Halo 3 was the evolution of H2, so thats why, though, i do think its a little overated like Bioshock and Mass Effetc.
DragoDracini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DragoDracini
Member since 2005 • 509 Posts
In my opiniln, it's the multiplayer. The multiplayer has ALWAYS been awesome to play with friends. Halo is all about multiplayer. And the single player is fun too. Just mostly the multiplayer.
Mcp_ring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mcp_ring
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Because I have the best time on Halo 3 with friends whether it be Ranked, Social, Custom, Forge, or Campaign games
So overall it's great to play with friends;)
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

It's a mainstream title. I don't like it either, but since it's so mainstream allot of people like it. Which is the purpose of a mainstream title, to get allot of people interested in general. Ayessua

You think it's "mainstream" because of it's title? Sorry friend but things dont just start off as mainstream. If that were true everybody would be playing LOST or CSI the game. No, it became mainstream because of how popular it's become over the past several years and it's popular because, yeah you guessed it, it's an amazing and well designed game.

As for me I love Halo because it was the first game that I truly had fun playing and the first where I was actually interested in the story and characters. Probably because they felt so familiar (i.e. space marines, aliens, etc.).

Ted_Bundy000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ted_Bundy000
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts
Its a very easy online multiplayer. Anyone can be good at the game.
optik121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 optik121
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
yeah, they make it easy to find players, and jump into the game really fast. plus its nice and satisfying to get a triple kill on a warthog with a plasma pistol and some nades :D the games nice and balanced. id say its the quick and dirty version of team work that you get in tom clancy's amazing games.
Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts

[QUOTE="sinistergoggles"]The gameplay is simple; the story if freaking awesome.. and I personaly got hooked by the music. I love the music in the Halo games!RoslindaleOne

Agreed. Shame on me for not mentioning how awesome and epic the music is!

I agree. :)

MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#29 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts
ive loved halo since the first one came out when i was a freshman in highschool. They are easy to pick up and play, with an interesting story/universe, amazing music, and likeable characters. Im by no means obsessed with the game but its still one of my favorite franchises.
ragincoley86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ragincoley86
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts
The music is pretty good. You can have guest online, its fast paced, simple and fun.
jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts

Because it's a solid shooter with good music,story,graphics,controls,multiplayer. It has everything that a good shooter should. It is well balanced and has an overall epic feel to it. Normally I would be the first to flame Halo, but I have started to enjoy it over the last few weeks. When it first came out on the original xbox I thought it was crap. I thought it moved to slow for a fps(I was used to Quake 3 Arena). Everyone says that Halo 1 was the best, however I think that Halo 3 is where it's at. If you asked me a month ago I would have said that COD4 is better, but now Halo3 is in the Tray, And it might not come out for a whlie. XOXOXOXOXOX ;)

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
Simple and easy to play. Good story storyline, good timing.
crzyguy4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 crzyguy4242
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
because halo sucks and so does the masterchief. Halo3 gives the red rings of death, even cortana got the red rings in halo3 thats why she was going crazy. people only play it because they are just so lame and losers that they wanna be the materchief......I cant wait to see how many losers are gonna get pised off at me for this and no im not a wii or ps3fanboy.
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaforbe
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts

for me, it's just the combination of everything. how the game plays, how it looks and sounds, all the crazy action, i just think it's done realy well, and i enjoy the kind of experience it provides.wreak

I agree with this man.

diamond2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 diamond2d
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts
Because it's a good game. Nuff said.capthavic
Well said. I can't understand why people dont like Halo:s it great. I do admit though i did get it for multiplayer:p
cecx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#36 cecx
Member since 2004 • 10568 Posts
I think it's just a really solid and fun-to-play FPS that involves tactics / skill (although I'm not a big fan of beatdowns...especially when they "leap" across the screen to you)
fallenlasciel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fallenlasciel
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
Its a great game... besides that it is a combination of all those things that have already been said. but the Multiplayer Online is what keeps people coming back to it. Especially if ur good, and a team player then you can get alot of friends on it and a fun time. Plus it is freakin addictive. The people who dont like it must suck (no personal offense people)
liojager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 liojager
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts

cause halo 2 was so great and revolutionary

halo 3 isnt that much better than halo 2 but people want the newest thing so it sold ....the only real problem i have with halo 3 is they should bring the halo2 maps to halo 3 cuz halo 2 maps were alot better

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
It has a lot of variety.
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#40 MrYates808
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
I have fathomed this question a long time! But it really boils down to TIMING is everything...Halo was the first of its kind, so to speak, it had a story and some good gameplay and became a instant hit for Xbox owners....They grabbed ahold of this title and have stuck by it, and you can't blame them. I was late to the craze and got Halo 3 only to realize that if it was a stand alone title its appeal would be nothing, I did not like the game nor did the story intrest me, but there have been folks following it since the begininng and will swear by it.....I am the same way with MGS, I loved the first one and stuck with them even when 2 & 3 were very subpar in comparison to other games out there....But I had a internal tie to the series and overlooked its short comings...Much Like Halo fans
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

[QUOTE="Ayessua"] It's a mainstream title. I don't like it either, but since it's so mainstream allot of people like it. Which is the purpose of a mainstream title, to get allot of people interested in general. MentatAssassin

You think it's "mainstream" because of it's title? Sorry friend but things dont just start off as mainstream. If that were true everybody would be playing LOST or CSI the game. No, it became mainstream because of how popular it's become over the past several years and it's popular because, yeah you guessed it, it's an amazing and well designed game.

As for me I love Halo because it was the first game that I truly had fun playing and the first where I was actually interested in the story and characters. Probably because they felt so familiar (i.e. space marines, aliens, etc.).

Excellent post. Sums up my feelings on the game as well.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheGreatGuero
Member since 2004 • 651 Posts
It's a solid game with smart controls, a cool setting, and it's just a whole lot of fun to play.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11996 Posts
It is an excellent shooter with beautiful graphics and an epic storyline.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Im having alot of fun with it. very balanced MP, balanced maps, skill levels/ranks actually do matter. Im not saying its the best game ever, but its very fun to play with friends. lots of customizations in maps, gametypes. great overall package and very much worth my money
smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 smarb001
Member since 2005 • 2325 Posts
Simply because it is FUN, unlike most games I can think of, you can just pick it up and play online and have fun, or invite some friends over and play some splitscreen insanity, then watching the match in Theather and picking out all the great moments... its a fun, social game, not the bestest EVAR!, but still great. And I can't stress enough that the thing that got me hooked on Halo was the fact that is was fun ever since the first game. Alot of games aren't supposed to be stressful ordeal, you're meant to enjoy yourself. Thats part of the reason I never play on the hardest difficulty of a game, its not enjoyable in the least and makes me want to throw my controller at the TV :) (like GRAW :P )
Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts
The game is very easy to pick up and play and have fun. Deihmos
Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Firex777x
The game is very easy to pick up and play and have fun. Deihmos
Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Firex777x

Sorry for Double post

:[

IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 IppotheFighter
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
The kids love it.Such a simple average game.
Rampage31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rampage31
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

my friend convinced me to buy halo 3 i bought it a week before CoD4 came out i played it for that week. then CoD4 came o i havent played halo 3 since. I think halo appeals mostly to the younger kids.