why do CoD fanboys think cod takes skill?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 akdiuuuryttt
Member since 2005 • 2854 Posts

its so casualized and any noob can get 1.0+ just by camping and its so easy to get a kill.. i still like the game but cmon, games that take skill are like gears and halo because theres more teamwork and you have to AIM not just a quick swipe

also the CoD fanboys think any game that takes more then 5shots to the body is dumb but it just means they cant aim for ****

Lythiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lythiris
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

If it didn't take skill, everyone would be good at it. Not everyone is good at it.

akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 akdiuuuryttt

ok it takes a skill i guess but the skill gap is very very small

i could hop on MoH and be good in a few minutes just like BC2

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

It does to an extent. It would take a lot more skill if GLs and RPGs were taken out or nerfed in some way though. And the answer is becuase they're fanboys. Fanboys will always defend their game to the death.

Shoot2kill1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shoot2kill1989
Member since 2009 • 4015 Posts

I think it takes a certain amount of skill but it has more to with your reflexes and reaction time

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

akdiuuuryttt

You just ended your own thread. COD takes a skill.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

I was going to agree with you, until you said Gears and Halo take skill. The only FPS I can think of that actually requires skill is Counter Strike.

killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts
yes i think u need a little skill in playing mw2 but ones u start playing it becomes easy but thats not that case with bad campany 2 . In bad camoany 2 u need to use ur brains all the time and think tactically
Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

We all have our favourite FPS games, and those are the ones we'll champion. No matter the game, it requires a form of familiarity and expertise to excel. If you feel like calling that 'skill', fine. If you want to call it 'n00bish camping', go ahead.

If a tactic works, it is valid, and therefore inherently skillful. Unless a game is utterly broken/imbalanced (which CoD, even though I dislike it, is not), skill is involved. If I play Soulcalibur III and get beaten by a button masher, I obviously have zero skill at the game. I'd better shut up about how horrible Kilik is and now much I hate people who pole-spam, and go learn how to use Astaroth or Ivy or another longer-range character correctly as a counter. If I'm playing StarCraft and get murdered by an early Reaver drop, it's my own fault for being stupid enough to not have scouted my enemy's expansions and then built air.

If I bash my opponent as a n00b, and blame the game for making me lose, it only reflects poorly onto myself. More so than if I just gg'd and left the lobby.

Man up. I probably hate CoD as much as you, but it's a shiny, well-made and addictive shooter. Let its fans enjoy their favourite big-boy game without antagonizing them, yeah? /hypocrisy

KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

Depends on who you're playing. If you're in Deathmatch against goons with those ninja knife things then you won't get far, but play Demolition/Domination against people who don't work together and you'll beat them easily.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

>Refering only to kills

try playing dom, or demolition It takes the same skill as any other game. Only difference is thanks to publicity, there are a lot of casuals playing the new CoD, but you just wrote off the entire franchise for an opinion which you have most likely based off only your experiance with the more recent games.

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

akdiuuuryttt

As far as the aiming goes, MW2 has sticky aiming and aim assist. I think any game requires skill to a degree, maybe it comes from knowing the maps, your reaction time to being able to shoot a tube over a building from spawn and getting a tripple kill. Annoying as hell, but I do believe there is some kinda skill involved as much as I hate to say it.

And you believe you can hop in BC2 and be good in a few minutes? No way lol

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
[QUOTE="akdiuuuryttt"]

You're contradicting the title of your topic. Now you're saying it does take skill. Which is it? :-)
atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

i think cod1&2 took alot more skill than mw1&mw2. i think they made these games more open for casual players. i use 2 get alot of hate for being really good at cod1&2 and also moh allied assault. my only prob with mw2 is spawn campers& the knife guy who knife you from 10 feet away and you drop even tho you not even by them. i wish i could find a good mp game nowadays with no perks just you youre gun and the iron sights!! i dont hate on the new way of cod im just an old school mp which is now a dying breed.

This_iz_exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 This_iz_exile
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Personally, I'm of the view that, yes, it does take some skill to an extent, and there are many skilled players out there. Just with the game having as many online players as it does, it's obvious that it is also saturated with "n00bs". When we get tubed from the other side of the map, or some guy has commando on and fancies stabbing the air, but somehow gets you, or my personal hatred, someone decides to use a javelin on none other than scrapyard. Well, them 3 really grind my gears. It gets me to the stage where I just cannot be bothered with the game on the whole, I think far too many people abuse the perks to an extent, but then the flipside of the argument could well be; "You could use this loadout too, the perks are there" so, it's just an ever flipping coin. I would much rather play Halo, I just seem to get more enjoyment out of that particular franchise, but that's just my 2 cents.
middle-earth88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 middle-earth88
Member since 2006 • 1262 Posts

It takes skill /end of thread.

Hepemania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Hepemania
Member since 2010 • 517 Posts

Because CoD takes skills perhaps? Well atleast on some games...

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

I just like playing it, I don't care if it takes skill or not...

TOC48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 TOC48
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

its so casualized and any noob can get 1.0+ just by camping and its so easy to get a kill.. i still like the game but cmon, games that take skill are like gears and halo because theres more teamwork and you have to AIM not just a quick swipe

also the CoD fanboys think any game that takes more then 5shots to the body is dumb but it just means they cant aim for ****

akdiuuuryttt
Every game made takes skill to get good at. I actually enjoy all three titles and am great at all three. (Cod 4, halo 3, and Gears 1(gears 2 sucked at launch)) And I consider Call of duty 4 the best multiplayer of the three with Gears a very close second.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
So glad the TC decided to come back and defend his statement....
xx360shotsxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xx360shotsxx
Member since 2010 • 155 Posts

COD does require skill but not the same kinda skill that you need in games like halo where u cant die from a few shots.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

I'm a huge cod4 fanboy (my favorite game of all time) and I agree that there isn't much skill involved. Just be in the right place at the right time and you win.

ArtemisAnimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 ArtemisAnimus
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

I'm a huge cod4 fanboy (my favorite game of all time) and I agree that there isn't much skill involved. Just be in the right place at the right time and you win.

RobboElRobbo

I personally think the skill part comes into play when you know WHERE to be at the right time to get the kills. Any fool can run around the map like a headless chicken and get a pretty terrible K/D ratio (like I tend to do), and any fool can sit in a corner and camp and get a much better K/D ratio. Neither of those two things really take skill - it takes reaction time.

Knowing which routes to take, and knowing exactly where the enemy might be - now that is a skill of foresight that I don't possess. Still, I enjoy playing whatever my K/D :p

hornster67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hornster67
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

Because in real lifeit doesnt take like 5 shots to body to kill some1 now does it ? and You think quicksoping someone miles away after 360ing while they are shooting u doesnt take skill? cmon man it might not be the best game but parts of it take skill....

GT:iChunKiie

xx360shotsxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xx360shotsxx
[QUOTE="hornster67"]

Because in real lifeit doesnt take like 5 shots to body to kill some1 now does it ? and You think quicksoping someone miles away after 360ing while they are shooting u doesnt take skill? cmon man it might not be the best game but parts of it take skill....

GT:iChunKiie

yea but COD isn't real life now is it. and why would u do a full 360 spin to shoot someone lol
kong_sevixnine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 kong_sevixnine
Member since 2008 • 940 Posts

I was going to agree with you, until you said Gears and Halo take skill. The only FPS I can think of that actually requires skill is Counter Strike.

agpickle
Halo takes waaaay more skill than Counter Strike. 2 FPS which requires skill are Unreal Tournament Quake
xx360shotsxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xx360shotsxx
[QUOTE="kong_sevixnine"][QUOTE="agpickle"]

Halo takes waaaay more skill than Counter Strike. 2 FPS which requires skill are Unreal Tournament Quake

halo requires more skill than counter-strike, thats a negative CS requires alot of skill
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
CoD fanboys are the best. In addition to thinking that more than 3 bullets in YOUR LEG should be a kill, the complain about no kill streaks, maps being too big on BFBC2. It`s hilarious seeing them trying to snipe in BFBC2, not only do they sit far, far back, they think just because the bullet has drop (GRAVITY) and they bullet doesn`t pierce the skull RIGHT AWAY as if by teleportation, it`s unrealistic :? But then I guess these are the same guys, who pay $60 every year for the same game and in addition to that, spend around $30 paying for maps for a game that they won`t be playing next year
xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

ok sorry but...Halo takes skill? That just killed me LOL

halo takes skill, you have just made my day :D

xx360shotsxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xx360shotsxx
[QUOTE="xboxmad12"]

yea it really does though. ask around and see for yourself
ArtemisAnimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 ArtemisAnimus
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

CoD fanboys are the best. In addition to thinking that more than 3 bullets in YOUR LEG should be a kill, the complain about no kill streaks, maps being too big on BFBC2. It`s hilarious seeing them trying to snipe in BFBC2, not only do they sit far, far back, they think just because the bullet has drop (GRAVITY) and they bullet doesn`t pierce the skull RIGHT AWAY as if by teleportation, it`s unrealistic :? But then I guess these are the same guys, who pay $60 every year for the same game and in addition to that, spend around $30 paying for maps for a game that they won`t be playing next year93soccer

Some people like both games. they offer slightly different things. For me, CoD is more arcade. BFBC2 is more tactical. Both are played slightly differently, and both can be enjoyed just as much :P

kong_sevixnine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kong_sevixnine
Member since 2008 • 940 Posts
[QUOTE="xx360shotsxx"][QUOTE="kong_sevixnine"][QUOTE="agpickle"]

halo requires more skill than counter-strike, thats a negative CS requires alot of skill

Maybe halo doesn't REQUIRE skill (depending on who you play with) its just that how does CS itself need skill?
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

How the hell does Halo not take skill? The game is built around skill. Alright, if it doesn't take skill, by that logic you should be able to face off a team of MLGers and manage 10 or so kills since if the game doesn't take skill, it shouldn't matter who you're facing. You'd lose... pathetically.

Buttmonkey9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Buttmonkey9000
Member since 2005 • 2875 Posts

If it didn't take skill, everyone would be good at it. Not everyone is good at it.

Lythiris

That's true.

I've quit playing MW2 now anyway - some guy accused me of using a modded controller when I was using the FAL because I was allegedly 'firing too quickly with a bolt-action weapon.' I think that he'd never even used the FAL and got it confused with the Intervention (somehow!?).
Anyway, his idiocy left a sour taste in my mouth as I was completely innocent and I refuse to play MW2 again.:evil:

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

[QUOTE="Lythiris"]

Buttmonkey9000

That's true.

I've quit playing MW2 now anyway - some guy accused me of using a modded controller when I was using the FAL because I was allegedly 'firing too quickly with a bolt-action weapon.' I think that he'd never even used the FAL and got it confused with the Intervention (somehow!?).
Anyway, his idiocy left a sour taste in my mouth as I was completely innocent and I refuse to play MW2 again.:evil:

Wait, you let one guy prevent you from playing a game ever again...

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

xboxmad12

Halo is one of the hardest Shooters ive personally played love it enjoy it . ive came from a Quake , Unreal and Counterstrike back ground and Halo is up there in the skill department . Controls easy to get used to hard to master .

Cod does actually have easy gameplay considering one shot kill you have to be on your toes but anyone can get good my friends Dad plays who never gamed in his life is Better than most people i see at the game so if he can play anyone can COD is cool But halo and other shooters in general the classics take way more skill . CS FTW!!!

JU5T1N-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JU5T1N-
Member since 2010 • 135 Posts
Halo DOES take skill, my brothers a pro, and we play together online occasionally and I try my hardest and get like a -4 and he wins every round with like a +7 Kd...But he sucks at COD
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

That's why I quickscope, makes it more difficult. And listening to little kids screaming and claiming you have an Aimbot is priceless :)

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

If the game didnt take skill my wife could pick up the game and get some kills but she cant even use the controller right. So in turn just using the controller alone takes some sort of skill. Let alone aiming perfectly and killing someone before they kill you.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

It takes some skill, no one is saying it takes a great level of skill.

Basically, if you can consistently get to 5 kills in a row, you're probably good. After 7 kills, the heli could just be helping you.

mutatedmonkeyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mutatedmonkeyz
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Fanboys will be fanboys. I personally don't think it takes that much skill but surely every game takes skill to be good at although it's one of the be pick up and play games on the 360, that's why so many people like it.
goneja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 goneja1
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
It does take some skill. One shot from almost any gun can kill you so staying alive and playing smart takes skill. BUT any moron can get lucky with a noobtube, and get a care package that gives helicopter or some **** Take out the kill streaks and the game would take even more skill.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
it does take skill just alot less than other shooters. (namely halo and battlefield)
pablohammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pablohammy
Member since 2009 • 488 Posts

You need to be good intill you have danger close, commando pro, and one man army.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

[QUOTE="xx360shotsxx"][QUOTE="kong_sevixnine"] Halo takes waaaay more skill than Counter Strike. 2 FPS which requires skill are Unreal Tournament Quakekong_sevixnine

Maybe halo doesn't REQUIRE skill (depending on who you play with) its just that how does CS itself need skill?

You need to take things slow, check corners and account for recoil. In CS if you ran down a hallway, shooting at someone down the hall, you would die in less than a second. In Halo you can do that with no consequences.

ShinUrien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShinUrien
Member since 2010 • 46 Posts

agpickle

Halo does take skill.

Everygame takes skill, some just have larger skill gaps. The difference between a CoD pro and a CoD noob isn't that big, the difference between a Quake pro and a Quake noob is huge.

Avatar image for CongressManStan
CongressManStan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CongressManStan
Member since 2010 • 918 Posts
Who cares if they think it takes skill. It's there game and let them think what they want. It's not hurting anyone.
akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 akdiuuuryttt

ok what i meant is that kids at highschool think they are so freaking legit with there CoD skills like it has a huge skillgap. ANY noob can get the easiest freakin kills in the world because all you have to do is be in a better spot where the guy cant see you and your guaranteed a kill. the only skill is knoweldge of maps and a bit of reaction times

i dont even like gears and that games takes ALOT more skill then MW2 and maybe blackops by the looks :( also im not even that competative but if the game has no skill it gets dull and boring because after a few years it will get boring! (minus singleplayer games or non versus)

i even hate mlg and stuff but if you honestly think halo takes no skill you deffinatly have not played it long enogh because you probaly only played with the crappy AR against low level noobs. so if dont even like Halo dont say it takes skill because you know nothing about it

so this isnt really bias because i love both CoD and Halo series!