Who did you start out as in Skyrim?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_dudeperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_dudeperson
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

I just need some suggestions on who to start out as in Skyrim? I haven't played many RPG's so I need some suggestions on what kind of class to start out as. An elf or what?

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Depends on what kind of play style you want to do. Warrior with heavy armor? Mage? Stealthy? Archer with light armor?
the_dudeperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_dudeperson

I want to be stealthy and be able to do some magic.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts

I would recomend Dark Elves. They are good at sneaking, and also are good with some magic.

the_dudeperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_dudeperson

thanks man. Alright seems like I will start my Skyrim coma tomorrow

Avatar image for blackspritegirl
blackspritegirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blackspritegirl
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Actually dude it doesnt actually matter much in the end. If I were you, i'd just pick the race you think looks the coolest to you and mold your character with your own playstyle. The bonus stats you get become irrelevant eventually as you level up more and are only really good for the first hour or so.
the_dudeperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_dudeperson

But does a certain race level up on certain charecteristcs faster or are they leveled up at the same rate?

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
I chose a Nord and I mainly use bow, one-handed swords and either a restoration spell in the other hand or a shield. I also wear light armor and have high sneak.
jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#9 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

I want to be stealthy and be able to do some magic.

the_dudeperson

That's what I've done. Mostly 'thiefy' skills and destruction magic, along with light armor and one-handed weapons are what I concentrate on rising.

Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#10 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
I chose a Nord and I mainly use bow, one-handed swords and either a restoration spell in the other hand or a shield. I also wear light armor and have high sneak.gamerfreak1991
This is essentially how I play. Rather than light armor and high sneak, I have really high heavy armor. I'm pretty much a warrior through and through.
Nick-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nick-42
Member since 2006 • 1786 Posts

I chose a Nord and I mainly use bow, one-handed swords and either a restoration spell in the other hand or a shield. I also wear light armor and have high sneak.gamerfreak1991

Whoa, we must be brothers.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

arigonian and a nord i use both level 30 play them the exact same no difference.it's prefence

RVD92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 RVD92
Member since 2011 • 166 Posts

I just need some suggestions on who to start out as in Skyrim? I haven't played many RPG's so I need some suggestions on what kind of class to start out as. An elf or what?

the_dudeperson

i played as a tank mage archer heheh just switched between what i needed

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I usually prefer mages in RPGs. It's so much fun to learn new abilities and destroy people with magic. I just started playing Dragon Age II and I'm loving the combat system.
FaithfulBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FaithfulBro
Member since 2011 • 119 Posts

I myself started out as a Breton, for two reasons. First, I love using Magicka, and Bretons are naturally skilled in the art. Second, in any game where you can completely customize your character (In games such as Mass Effect), I always like to make my in-game character resemble myself. That way, I feel like it's my own story that I'm shaping.

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

i use the argonians their my favorite race mainly because or disease resistance and water breathing. they make great assassins or at least for me they do

max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

i went as a male orc. ive been playing as a beserker with spells

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I am a female Redgaurd, 1 handed swords for dual wield, heavy armour, some points in block for when its needed and thats about it. I am going to put some points in Archery maybe soon to.
Avatar image for DonnaTwoPointOh
DonnaTwoPointOh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DonnaTwoPointOh
Member since 2011 • 59 Posts
I went with Imperial this time, since they're quite adept at both magic and combat.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
I figured id be Nord, bit u went Sneaky Destruction dark elf. Its funny, as they dont give a crap about religion in Skyrim or who rules the place. Staying in character FTW!
bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

Wow, am I the only one that went with wood elf? They get a big bonus to archery and also get a sneak bonus, so it was the perfect fit for my sneaky assassin character. I seriously don't think I've casted more than 5 spells in my 60+ hours of playing so far. I'm having way to much fun sneak sniping and slitting people's throats with my x30 sneak attack daggers.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

I went straight for Wood Elf mainly because of the resistances to Poison and Disease. Since in most games those are deadly. I also chose Wood Elf for the basis of an archer. I began my game hitting the first major plot point int he story then from there just roaming around casually till i got bored then continue the story. My main focus is stealth archery. 2x damage attacks with bow (3x now with perks) and not being seen ever. This playstyle is a little slower and less action but i love 1 shot kills. I also really love stealing and lockpicking in this game, so i do that at every chance which goes well with the stealth build im after.

I wanted to try to play without saving and reloading, say on a pickpocket or lockpick fail, but i couldn't being myself to it. Im playing 100% safe.

Goj1ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Goj1ra
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts

Honestly it doesn't care which race you pick. You can essentially mold any type of character with any race. Mainly pick the race that closely resembles the type of facial characteristics your character would have and then go from there.

ZachMasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZachMasta
Member since 2010 • 579 Posts

I use a breton that specializes in single handed weaponry, conjuration, heavy armor, and alteration. I own other warriors with my sheer offense of conjured swords and heavy armor, I own archers with my heavy armor, and I own mages with my mage protection and sheer offense. ^^

On my second account I chose an Argonian specializing in archery, sneak, alchemy, and two handed weaponry. 300hp, 100 mp and stamina. Poisoned and enchanted ebony bow, then if they still aren't dead, I break out a poisoned war axe to finish them off easily. Various potions give me a bunch of boosts and keep me alive.

sambo2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 sambo2011
Member since 2006 • 411 Posts

I chose Wood elf and mainly use bow n' arrow and a bit two handed sword.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'm playing as a Nord with the ability to use a bow rather well for distance shots, and some magic. I'm using light armor right now, and I mainly fight with a two handed axe or one handed soul stealing mace and shield. So an all around jack of all trades with some good lock picking skills.

Stuffed_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Stuffed_Monkey
Member since 2007 • 1436 Posts

I picked to be a Dark Elf. I basically wear light armour, one handed weapon, and usually conjure various creatures to help me with my tasks.

Mega_Hurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mega_Hurt
Im a khajiit named Charlie Sheen. I got that Tiger blood son.
DozerJCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DozerJCD
i got a sin/ranger type khajit that casts some spells and makes dragonscale armor he lvl 54 :) couldn't stop playing for a bit lol
warj87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 warj87
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts
I am a khajitt I thought that they would be the best for sneak and still use some magic. While still being a bit of a warrior.