Which system are you buying this holiday season?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xFL4WL3SSx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xFL4WL3SSx
Member since 2009 • 1018 Posts
Personaly, I'll probebly get both X1 and the PS4, because I know I'll have them for the next 8 years or so, I think it's worth it, what about you guys?!?
micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

PC and probably a PS4. I just can't bring myself to pick up an Xboxone, even if I got one for free I'd probably sell it because spending any money on it would just be condoning Microsofts business practices.

Abagnam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Abagnam
Member since 2013 • 122 Posts
I wont buy anyone of these.... Maybe a Wii-U because i dont have it yet, but it depends on the games that nintendo will show at E3
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I do not like Kinect at all.

I like to trade games with friends and family

I dont care about the NFL

I dont have cable television ( or want it )

I occassionally game in places with no broadband internet connections

I like to sell my used games on craigslist or ebay

I want the strongest most advanced console for the next generation

...so i think i will be getting a PS4.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#5 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
A PS4 if anything
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
0% for XBOX One!!!! ROFLMAO!!! And this is the 360 forum. Wow.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Honestly the more I see of the X1 the less I'm upset by things. I'm hoping they just did a bad job of explaining everything. I am hopeful for more stuff from Rare.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
0% for XBOX One!!!! ROFLMAO!!! And this is the 360 forum. Wow.Sonny360Elite
is it really that surprising?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Sony are doing a worldwide launch (only took them 19 years...) so I think PS4 this year or early 2014. Xbox One later.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

With both consoles being AMD PC's; I have a feeling that PC is the way to go from here on out. However, I'll likely buy a console 1 or 3 years after their release, depending on console exclusives. And it will most likely be a japanese console, because generally japanese developers don't  focus on PC gaming, and rarely bother with PC ports.

MikeMasonUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MikeMasonUK
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
My cousin who's like a brother to me lives in Wales. So I don't get to see him often. We buy the same games to play over XBOX live. There's many games that only one of us is interested in playing. These are the games we swap/lend to each other. Microsoft/developers are not losing any money from us. They are gaining money from us. Example: My cousin was talking about the new Saints Row game coming out soon. He bought Saints Row: The Third when it first came out and loved it. I didn't want to play it. He finally convinced me to try it. He posted it to me a couple of months ago. I got bored and started playing it two weeks ago. Within a week I completed it and absolutely loved it. We have both pre-ordered Saints Row 4 on amazon. I would have never played Saints Row: The Third or pre-ordered Saints Row 4 if my cousin wouldn't have lent me the game to play. The games I lend to family and friends are games they never would have played or bought anyway. Many times it's led to one of us changing our opinions on a certain game or genre and then pre-ordering the next in the series. I've owned 3 XBOX 360's. I will be buying a PS4 if they don't mess around with the used games market.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Threesixtyci

Saint Row's the 3rd complete with DLC's went for about 9 bucks on Steam about a month back. You can't resell or lend games via Steam, either. But look at what it did to the cost of that game when it goes on sale via. Steam. Now imagine instead of lending you that game, your cousin just bought it for you and gifted it to you. Insert the rest of your story, here.

How much was that postage, anyways?

Currently 13 bucks on Amazon... (need steam account to play)

From Steam discription The Full Package comes with:

Includes 18 items: Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row The Third - Genkibowl VII, Saints Row: The Third - Gangstas in Space, Saints Row: The Third - The Trouble with Clones DLC, Saints Row: The Third - FUNTIME! Pack, Saints Row: The Third Z Style Pack, Saints Row: The Third Explosive Combat Pack, Saints Row: The Third Shark Attack Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Money Shot Pack, Saints Row: The Third Invincible Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Penthouse Pack, Saints Row: The Third Witches & Wieners Pack, Saints Row: The Third Warrior Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Nyte Blayde Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Special Ops Vehicle Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Horror Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Genki Girl Pack, Saints Row: The Third Season Pass DLC Pack

Anyway the point is that by removing pre-owned game completely out of the picture, developers can then give huge deals on the game, via direct sales.

MikeMasonUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MikeMasonUK
Postage was £1.10 I think. About $1.65.
MikeMasonUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MikeMasonUK
Anyway the point is that by removing pre-owned game completely out of the picture, developers can then give huge deals on the game, via direct sales.Threesixtyci
Not necessarily. It gives them a total monopoly and never trust capitalism.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Threesixtyci

Not necessarily. It gives them a total monopoly and never trust capitalism.MikeMasonUK
Doesn't stop Steam from doing it.

And your logic backs up the same idea... Sell a game for cheap and reap the benefits on the next rendition via pre-orders.

MikeMasonUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MikeMasonUK
Steam could be "doing it" to compete against the current used games market. Think about it logically. Why are Microsoft changing the way used games work? Do you think it's to benefit the consumer or themselves? Microsoft are doing this to generate more cash for themselves. They get their money from the consumer (us). The more money Mircrosoft make. The less money us as consumers have. It's simple economics.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
I PS4 if it's the right price.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
PS4 and waiting a year or so for X1, that is if I agree with MS's policies.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#20 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

Videodogg
This by a landslide.... anyone who doesn't want this is a blind fanboy or just isn't a gamer.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#21 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
PS4 and waiting a year or so for X1, that is if I agree with MS's policies. Heil68
why support anything that ms does? You really don't need halo...there is so many better games out there. The PS4/PC/VITA/3ds combo is the way to go!
xFL4WL3SSx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xFL4WL3SSx
Member since 2009 • 1018 Posts
Out of 23 votes, 15 are buying PS4 and only 3 are buying X1, wow I'm so surprised, and all this because Microsoft didn't show enough games at their event? you guys realize that E3 is coming up and that's the reason MS didn't show the complete list of games for the X1.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
PS4.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Legolas_Katarn

Out of 23 votes, 15 are buying PS4 and only 3 are buying X1, wow I'm so surprised, and all this because Microsoft didn't show enough games at their event? you guys realize that E3 is coming up and that's the reason MS didn't show the complete list of games for the X1.xFL4WL3SSx

What does that have to do with anything? The PS4 hasn't shown anything interesting game wise either.

Ryu_Katamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ryu_Katamari
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts
PS4, and not just bc of all the bad press its been getting, I genuinely just miss the Playstation exclusives. I own a 360 rite now, and zero regrets, I play games with it everyday and I love it. But Playstation in general has always had better games. What would I be missing out on? I'm not a big Gears of War guy, I love Halo but I'm kinda growin out of it, I love Forza but PS4 will have tonsa driving games too. I don't believe every single X1 rumor, I'm sure some of its bullshit, but the whole console just feels like its gonna be more hassle then its worth, that ill wind up just buying all my games for the PS4 anyways and using the X1 as a paperweight.
Ryu_Katamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ryu_Katamari
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts
I disagree, I think their game trailors look excellent. Not every single game is my style per say, but the games look amazing.
sapphire54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sapphire54
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

I'm definately getting the PS4. I don't think this gen will last 8 years...I think tech will catch in a few years where 8 Gib isn't good enough.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#28 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Neither. PS4 is dodging many questions about their system's setup as well, so people who are automatically saying Sony will be better are in for a surprise I imagine. 

Both will be compromised compared to what we've been used to.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

PS4 1st this time dont like the look or sound of the XBoxONE. If price is right i might get it at Lunch. I mean Launch. Either that or non depending what features the PS4 got or not got and stick with my PC.

I no both are focusing on different things like the XboxOne is focusing on Entertainment TV which there is crap all on any way and the PS 4 is focusing on social networking but at least the social networking is something to do with games.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

With both consoles being AMD PC's; I have a feeling that PC is the way to go from here on out. However, I'll likely buy a console 1 or 3 years after their release, depending on console exclusives. And it will most likely be a japanese console, because generally japanese developers don't  focus on PC gaming, and rarely bother with PC ports.

Threesixtyci
neither are a traditional AMD PC.... both have highly modified processors, and highly modified GPUs....sooooo, your assumption literally has zero validity. while the x86 framework goes a long way to help developers, neither system is even remotely close to a traditional PC in terms of hardware. you are going to see the same sort of relationship between console games and PC games as you do right now... nothing will change.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Geminon

[QUOTE="xFL4WL3SSx"]Out of 23 votes, 15 are buying PS4 and only 3 are buying X1, wow I'm so surprised, and all this because Microsoft didn't show enough games at their event? you guys realize that E3 is coming up and that's the reason MS didn't show the complete list of games for the X1.Legolas_Katarn

What does that have to do with anything? The PS4 hasn't shown anything interesting game wise either.

the only game they really showed was killzone... and while nice, i dont think it really blew anyones mind. the reason people are so PS4 focused right now is because Sony has made it clear to fans that they are trying to keep gamers in mind.... where as MS has made it clear to fans that they couldnt give 2 wet ****s about gamers.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
The people have spoken! Up yours Microsoft! Anyone can tell from my Username and amount of time spent here that I've always been a big MS fan. Now I know much better and my experiences have served me well.
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Neither, sticking with my Wii U for the 8th gen. Going to be far to many games to play on it by the holiday season.

RandoIphF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RandoIphF
Member since 2013 • 271 Posts
Anyway the point is that by removing pre-owned game completely out of the picture, developers can then give huge deals on the game, via direct sales.Threesixtyci
You will not see Steam like prices on XBL.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Geminon

Neither, sticking with my Wii U for the 8th gen. Going to be far to many games to play on it by the holiday season.

Master_Of_Fools
lolwut.... almost every major developer has abandoned the system, and nintendo is slower than Duke Nukem Forever at releasing first party games these days....
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#36 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

Geminon

lolwut.... almost every major developer has abandoned the system, and nintendo is slower than Duke Nukem Forever at releasing first party games these days....

While the WiiU is doing poorly, they have the core Mario/Legend of Zelda fanbase that will support the system (in large numbers, too) when those games release. While Sony an Microsoft constantly try and one-up each other and make their respective consoles better than the other, Nintendo flies under the radar and only needs to wait until those exclusive games release. Nintendo's strategy almost makes sense, if you think about it enough. Almost...

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Legolas_Katarn

While Sony an Microsoft constantly try and one-up each other and make their respective consoles better than the other

Looks like that might have changed
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
will wait for E3 before finalizing my decision.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

Midnightshade29

This by a landslide.... anyone who doesn't want this is a blind fanboy or just isn't a gamer.

Or a person who enjoys things that you don't enjoy?

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Geminon

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

bonesawisready5

main issue is... Sony hasnt announced anything about their used games strategy aside from "PS4 wont block used games". their strategy could very well be the same as microsoft's.... then where will people be?
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"] This by a landslide.... anyone who doesn't want this is a blind fanboy or just isn't a gamer.Geminon

main issue is... Sony hasnt announced anything about their used games strategy aside from "PS4 wont block used games". their strategy could very well be the same as microsoft's.... then where will people be?

..except that Sony has said that PS4 wont require online connections to function. That one simple thing will make a huge difference regarding used games.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Geminon
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

Videodogg

..except that Sony has said that PS4 wont require online connections to function. That one simple thing will make a huge difference regarding used games.

no, they said it will not require an always on connection. the XBOX One does not ALWAYS need to be online either. Sony is just being coy with its answers...MS clearly was not and look what it got them. wait until E3. im guessing Sony is going to be running the same strategy as MS. i cannot see how MS could do what they are doing without having Sony on board, as well as the entire development community. guess we will have to wait and see
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
PS4
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#46 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Honestly, right now I am planning on just getting the PS4 for now. I was hoping that the new Microsoft system would be something that would make be say "Day 1 purchase" but from what they showed at the reveal, the system looks like it's not targeted for gamers. I mean, having my system cut on because I tell it to has nothing to do with next gen.....REALLY! Now, the PS4 kicked off their reveal showing us games, giving us some insight of the system & speaking to us like gamers. I will have to wait & see what Microsoft brings out at E3.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#47 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Also, you should've added a "Wait until E3 is over to make a decision"poll.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#48 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Not sure, will decide after seeing more games and annoucements at E3. Truthfully, I'm leaning towards PC honestly right now. I want to go Xbox, I loved the last 2 and I love the exclusives they have, but haven't convienced me yet.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#49 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Im going to wait till the systems actually have a decent amount of good games.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

PS4