Which IS the best...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

OK! I have been having tis argument with several people as to which is the best Call of Duty game on consoles? When you answer, please try and set aside things like glitchers, modders and hacks. I want you guys to answer this question based simply on gameplay, map structure, guns, perk balance and graphics.

The poll only lets me put in 5 games, so I left out CoD 3. Sorry if you like that one the best, but it always seems to be the least liked anyway.

WowManYourCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WowManYourCool
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
umm i voted mw2 only because out of all those games there, it was the only one i was litterally thinking about all day, even during school, i was sooo adicted its not funny. I reckon cod4 is a really good game although i was just never addicted to it. cod waw was alright, reach was bad and black ops is probably 2nd best in my opinion.
WowManYourCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WowManYourCool
umm i voted mw2 only because out of all those games there, it was the only one i was litterally thinking about all day, even during school, i was sooo adicted its not funny. I reckon cod4 is a really good game although i was just never addicted to it. cod waw was alright, reach was bad and black ops is probably 2nd best in my opinion. WowManYourCool
sorry i ment cod 2 instead of reach
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
[QUOTE="WowManYourCool"]umm i voted mw2 only because out of all those games there, it was the only one i was litterally thinking about all day, even during school, i was sooo adicted its not funny. I reckon cod4 is a really good game although i was just never addicted to it. cod waw was alright, reach was bad and black ops is probably 2nd best in my opinion. WowManYourCool
sorry i ment cod 2 instead of reach

Funny joke there slick. CoD 2 for the win.
holypro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 holypro
Member since 2009 • 275 Posts

call of duty 3 all the way

Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#6 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
COD4.
Obliabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#7 Obliabo
Member since 2008 • 268 Posts

This poll is quite interesting, as Black Ops seems to be losing right now ...

And I prefer MW2 by a long way. Fun, addictive, smooth and sharp looking game.

gooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gooter
Member since 2010 • 129 Posts

4 is the right answer

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

COD 4 hands down.

1. COD 4

2. Black Ops

3. COD 2

4. MW2

5. COD 3

6. WaW

Simple reasoning: COD 4 took Call of Duty to where it is today. It started perks and killstreaks, had little to no glitches, and simply could not be touched in terms of quality vs balance. Black Ops is next best, because despite its flaws, it's still better than MW2. I put COD 2 next, because while it didn't have the perks and killstreaks that are essential to COD today, it was still a good, balanced game with minimal glitches. MW2 goes next in line, because even though it was fairly unbalanced and had glitches, it was still better overall in comparison to COD 3 and WaW, both of which I didn't care for, at all. Call of Duty 3 felt like a cheap ripoff - Probably because it was the first COD title by Treyarch. And WaW was simply garbage, even though it had the perks and killstreaks. Garbage weapons, garbage hit detection, and under the map glitches that didn't get fixed for months, even though they were in the beta and they were told about them...yet the glitches still made it to the retail version? That's just shameful, Treyarch...

Note: I didn't consider the campaign in any of these rankings. This is for multiplayer only. When it comes to the campaigns, I really don't care. They're all sort of hit and miss.

BzTheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BzTheMan
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
CoD 4, the best.
kpei360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kpei360
lol i;ve actually played only black ops, mw2, and world at war but i think that either black ops or WaW is the best of the three mw2 - FRIGGIN NEWB TUBERS. WaW - GRA-PHIC but u can disable it, NAZI ZOMBIES black ops - good multiplayer, made by treyarch, NAZI ZOMBIES bungie > treyarch > infinity ward they should mix the three into like, uh--- tregie ward?
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

The poll does not lie. Call of Duty 4 kills the rest of the crap on that poll.

jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts

CoD4 all day.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

lol i;ve actually played only black ops, mw2, and world at war but i think that either black ops or WaW is the best of the three mw2 - FRIGGIN NEWB TUBERS. WaW - GRA-PHIC but u can disable it, NAZI ZOMBIES black ops - good multiplayer, made by treyarch, NAZI ZOMBIES bungie > treyarch > infinity ward they should mix the three into like, uh--- tregie ward?kpei360

Ah yes...you're one of those kids.

Jumped on the bandwagon AFTER the success of COD 4. So I'm sorry to say, but if you actually knew any better, you'd never say Treyarch > IW. In this case, you're TRULY ignorant to what you're saying. And I don't mean that in a bad way...You just have no basis for comparison. All the games you played are AFTER the peak of COD.

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

CoD 4.

Snavles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Snavles
Member since 2010 • 122 Posts

call of duty 3 all the way

holypro

Same here.. the later releases don't even come close

xFL4WL3SSx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xFL4WL3SSx
Member since 2009 • 1018 Posts

I had the best fun experience playing Call of Duty 2, good ol days of COD2, no hacks, no cheaters, no boosting, no streaks, just plain skills and fun timeson XBL,anyone agree?

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts

I had the best fun experience playing Call of Duty 2, good ol days of COD2, no hacks, no cheaters, no boosting, no streaks, just plain skills and fun timeson XBL,anyone agree?

xFL4WL3SSx
I do, best CoD in my opinion other than 4 which was pretty good too. CoD2 was way more about skill than any of the others though.