This topic is locked from further discussion.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Hi people,

Just got myself a new 360 on order (after being without one for 4 years now), along with Forza 4 and Horizon.

I am also wanting to buy a Halo game to go with as wanting to get into the series (never owned a Halo game before), but which Halo game would people recommend I start with if I can only buy one?

4 is looking the best to me, but how important is the events and story prior to 4?

My decision will be based entirely on Single player/split screen only, as I wil not be getting XBOX Live at all.

Which Halo game should I get?

Thanks people

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts
You can get the whole collection for about $150 if you can drop that then get them all.
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

If you can only buy one get Halo 4. I've owned them all and 4 is definitely the best in the series. Plus it will have the most vibrant online community for a long time.

FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

If you are only concerned with single player, I would probably start with Combat Evolved. You can get the remake pretty cheap. Then work your way up from there. Halo 4 is a stand alone title, and the start of a new trilogy, but there are going to be some things you won't understand/appreciate unless you start at the beginning.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Halo 4. It starts off a new story so you won't be asking too many questions. Though, FadeToBlack makes a good point on understanding and appreciating Halo 4 from playing the prior games in the series. Hell, playing Halo 4 might make you want the other Halo games to piece the story together.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts
I would recommend Halo 4. The story mode doesn't really rely much on previous games, so you'll fit right in. Halo Combat Evolved is where it all began, if you opt not to get Halo 4 then definitely get CE. The remake is very nice, you'd probably want to get that instead of the original.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inggrish

You can get the whole collection for about $150 if you can drop that then get them all.Kjranu

Unfortunately I just do not have that sort of money. Right now I can only really afford one. In the future I intend to get most of them if I enjoy the one I do buy enough

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 inggrish

Halo 4. It starts off a new story so you won't be asking too many questions. Though, FadeToBlack makes a good point on understanding and appreciating Halo 4 from playing the prior games in the series. Hell, playing Halo 4 might make you want the other Halo games to piece the story together. RoslindaleOne

Thank you, appreciate the thoughts.

Thank you all for your suggestions, now torn between 4 and Anniversary