Which game to get: Godfather 2, Ninja Blade, or Assault on Dark Athena?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SteelWingKnight
SteelWingKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SteelWingKnight
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts

well, today is April 7, and 3 games that I all want to get are coming out today... Godfather II, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, and Ninja Blade. Im thinking of going and getting one of these on Thursday, but i dont which one... I want all of them These are like the first 2009 releases Im actually excited for apart from Wheelman (little short, but I enjoyed it).But for now, I can get just one, and Im really bad with decisions. So dont tell me "whichever one you want" as thats what I cant decide. I dont really care for what has long term replayabilit or online multiplayer.

Im a big Vin Diesel fan, hes my favorite actor, i really like the Riddick movies and i enjoyed his other game, Wheelman, but I kinda didnt like the demo for Dark Athena. It was a little too dark and "what the hell am I supposed to do here?" And the achievement list is one of the worst ive seen... (Hey, when im really undecided between games, that becomes a factor)

Im also a huge ninja fan, im not much into the hack'n'slash/beat em up type games like Ninja Blade but the demo... That was something else, probably the best demo ive EVER played. Thing is, im not sure if its worth $60/$70 whatever it is now, considering that Ninja GAiden 2 is half that price now...

With the Godfather, I cant say ive seen the movie, but im a big strategy game fan, sounds like a very unique combo of strategy/crime action (a la Vice City Stories?) and its been getting good reviews...

So umm yea, thanks for the input?

MOD edit - Please use the recommendation thread at the top of the board for questions like these. - Hungry_bunny

War_Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 War_Prodigy
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts
Well, Gadfather 2 sounded pretty terrible from reviews. I was thinking about getting it but it sounds terrible.
cRaZyGaMeR22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cRaZyGaMeR22
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts
Definitlely not Godfather, if you look at it, its just another Scarface and grand theft auto game....no interest. Ninja Blade looks kind of cool, probably only for the graphics though, it just feels like one of those "they should make a movie about this" game. I think i would go with Riddick just cause A. its a first person shooter, gotta love those, B. its a quick playing game, not like the story but quick like Gears Of War and Unreal Tournament. So gotta go with Riddick
Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

Well reviews for GF2 are pretty mediocre across the board so you might want to be cautious and just rent that furhter down the line. As for Ninja Blade, from what I played of the demo the game was just plain terrible and you can pick up Ninja Gaiden 2 which is both better and cheaper. Therefore, my vote goes for Dark Athena, the demo of which I enjoyed and if the Riddick title on xbox was anything to go by this game will be well worth the purchase.

bcjkdem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bcjkdem
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

Riddick

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

I say Riddick, it really comes with two games in one. Escape from Butcher Bay and Dark Athena. Plus some multiplayer... Ninja Blade the demo is on marketplace if you want to try it. It is not as BA as Ninja Gaiden but it has some good graphics and it incorporates the sceen button smashing like RE5 did which is not bad, just some people don't like it. The Godfather 2 just looks poor from the game play video.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Probably none of them, save your money because they all seem like failures.
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts

Save your money and wait for a better game to be released.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

dark athena for sure its two games in one plus an alright online mode the original riddck game is a classic its a def must if you havent played it before

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Probably none of them, save your money because they all seem like failures.gamer082009

how could you say riddick a faliure you should go play it yourself the games amazing.

DSandPSP_owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DSandPSP_owner
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
hahaha...wow...there should be a "none" option...yet you bought wheelman so i'll stay out of it...these games are probably just your style...
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
nija blade demo was pretty bad gf2 ehhh, Riddick was sweet on the xbox i hear the new won is awesome
brokenfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 brokenfetus
Member since 2004 • 422 Posts

Probably none of them, save your money because they all seem like failures.gamer082009

Took the words right outta my mouth.

oscar_mateo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 oscar_mateo
Member since 2008 • 692 Posts
Well, Gadfather 2 sounded pretty terrible from reviews. I was thinking about getting it but it sounds terrible.War_Prodigy
I was thinking on getting it too but looks bad.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
get riddick the guy is kool, and the game looks great, also what kind of name is Ken for a ninja? lame lol
-Decimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Decimal
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Personally, i would buy The Godfather, IRN Rating: 7.7, just because i liked the first one so much. I've heard the game is very restriced and the main chance in the game is just the way you can see all your businesses as the Don - but that wont stop me from buying it :)
ihaveabu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ihaveabu
Member since 2003 • 849 Posts
if u have to get one of them, get riddick. otherwise, rent riddick. especially if you're already played butcher bay. multiplayer looks pretty bland
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Well, Gadfather 2 sounded pretty terrible from reviews. I was thinking about getting it but it sounds terrible.War_Prodigy

It actually has pretty mixed reviews. I'm still getting it though because i know what games i enjoy. Heck i enjoyed Too human and look at how many people hated it lol.

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#19 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

None of those for me. I thought Ninja Blade would be cool but looks kind of disappointing. Maybe when the price drops. Never played the Godfather but heard it was good. I liked The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay on the first Xbox but going to wait on the new one until a price drop unless it gets incredible reviews.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
I could not answer your survey because you left out "none of the above", sorry. There are too many good games coming out to waste money on any of those.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="War_Prodigy"]Well, Gadfather 2 sounded pretty terrible from reviews. I was thinking about getting it but it sounds terrible.craigalan23

It actually has pretty mixed reviews. I'm still getting it though because i know what games i enjoy. Heck i enjoyed Too human and look at how many people hated it lol.

Yea and you can NOW buy that game for $15 bucks!
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="War_Prodigy"]Well, Gadfather 2 sounded pretty terrible from reviews. I was thinking about getting it but it sounds terrible.HilbillyRokstar

Why wait when i can get The Godfather 2 for $30?

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="craigalan23"]

craigalan23

If you can get it for half price then get it. Best Buy and Gamestop list it for $60, and my Gamerush said it is $35 trade in (US).

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"] Yea and you can NOW buy that game for $15 bucks!HilbillyRokstar

If you can get it for half price then get it. Best Buy and Gamestop list it for $60, and my Gamerush said it is $35 trade in (US).

It's a great sale at Toys R us. Buy one get one half off on a lot of great titles. Also that is pretty good news i think i'm going to buy a third game and then sell the fourth one on Ebay for a profit.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HilbillyRokstar

It is a "buy 1 get 1 1/2 off" sale. That means the game are $45 each, not $30. I would still consdider those more of a rental because I have a 22 dollar a month rental card.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 craigalan23

It is a "buy 1 get 1 1/2 off" sale. That means the game are $45 each, not $30. I would still consdider those more of a rental because I have a 22 dollar a month rental card.

HilbillyRokstar

Well i consider the first $60 and the second $30 but it really doesn't matter lol. That's pretty good and yeah The Godfather 2 isn't really that long but i'm a huge fan of the series and played the first a LOT. Plus the multiplayer looks addictive i got a few friends to buy the game and i can't wait to get my copy so i can execute them.

Jay2800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jay2800
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts

none. they're all crap!!!

celtic1962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 125

#28 celtic1962
Member since 2004 • 13200 Posts

I'd go with Riddick. Ninja Blade looks like it could be fun but I don't see it as a $60 purchase and it will probably go down in $ soon. Not very interested in GF2 as I got bored with the original. If you haven't played Escape from Butcher Bay then it's a great deal as it is included with Dark Athena. If you have Butcher Bay then you might want to wait as i don't think Dark Athena by itself is worth a fullprice purchase

rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

I'm not sure why everybody else is bashing Ninja Blade, it's probably the best game of the bunch, followed very closely by Riddick.

SonicPwnsAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SonicPwnsAll
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

im getting ninja blade and riddick but if you had to choose one i would go for riddick since your getting 2 games in one.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

What he said ;)

hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts

Get Riddick, Ninja Blade gameplay looks repetitive and poor.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

I say none of them but if I had to choose one of them it would be ninja blade cuz GF2 got a 4.5/10 and Dark Athena aint really all that hot to me it sux.:D

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

yeah but do wat this guy said

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

If you haven't played the first riddick, then I'd definitely go with that... Godfather 2 just looks terrible in videos, and I personally had no fun with Ninja Blade and I really liked Ninja Gaiden... so NG would be the better pick...

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Come on, the first Riddick is one of the best FPS's ever...its been redone and you get the sequel on top of that! If the second is half as good as the first its worth it.
kubicek1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kubicek1994
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

Save your money, and get a game worth buying.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#39 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I'm enjoying the hell out of The Godfather 2 now, Gamespot's review is bogus. I got Riddick but haven't started on it yet.

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts
The Godfather II looks like it could have some interesting ideas, but I don't think enough to save it. Ninja Blade had a pretty fun demo, if you're into that style of gaming. The fighting seemed pretty well paced and interesting and the boss fight was fun, if a little too long in my opinion. If you've ever played Escape from Butchers Bay on the original Xbox, you'll understand how fun that game was, even though I'm not a Vin Diesel fan at all. Out of all three options, I would say Riddick because this new one takes what the original one had and improves on it a bit. The game play is just as fun and it's just an all-around cool game, though it was a tough decision between this and Ninja Blade.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Riddick--->Ninja Blade---->Godfather 2. Definitely get Riddick first.

mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mclakers
Member since 2003 • 456 Posts

save your money, i have godfather 2 and its ok but not 60 maybe 30 at most, and thats what i heard about ninja blade. so if you must buy a game go with ridick. atleast you know that the first game is good. hey the second part might be amazing!!!!

Wasup_Chuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 Wasup_Chuck
Member since 2006 • 260 Posts

riddick