Which Average Game of 2010 needs a Second Chance?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#1 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

These are not all tha bad, they just missed that something to make them great. Which games do you think need to be given the chance at a sequel because either you think the developers can do better with the feedback from the first?

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

These are not all tha bad, they just missed that something to make them great. Which games do you think need to be given the chance at a sequel because either you think the developers can do better with the feedback from the first?

realguitarhero5
Just to tell you Alan Wake isnt a bad game or a okay game its a great game..
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#3 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Alan Wake got crushed by the shadow of RDR. Had that not come out yet, it would have done a lot better.
Avatar image for Killmckillerkil
Killmckillerkil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Killmckillerkil
Member since 2010 • 443 Posts

realguitarhero5
apache air assault??? those games are set to fail they will get a second chance tho
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Alan Wake and Metro 2033 are great games. I supose Metro deserved a better reception
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
Alan Wake's not a bad game or a horrible game. Or even an average game. It's one of the best games released last year (and gen) and the only bad thing about it....it came out the same day as RDR
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

About Alan Wake.... I guess you're saying it needs a second chance?

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

About Alan Wake.... I guess you're saying it needs a second chance?

realguitarhero5

No, I think they're saying it shouldn't be on that list.

belliott1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 belliott1
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts
Metro 2033 didn't get a good reception because it's not made for a casual gamer. It's made for the hardcore gamer who wants a challenge.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]

Wolfetan

Just to tell you Alan Wake isnt a bad game or a okay game its a great game..

Agreed.

DonutNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DonutNerd
Member since 2011 • 173 Posts

Alan Wake was seriously underrated last year. I heard that it only sold around 500,000 copies worldwide. If it's true then it is quite sad, it was a great game which deserved a lot more recognition. I'm playing Bloodstone 007 at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it. Medal of Honor however was okay. The AI was dumb, the single player was too short and too easy and the multiplayer was weak.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

I hated you as soon as I saw Alan Wake listed as a "meh" game.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yup i agree with everyone else Alan wake was a great game and doesn't deserve to be on that list. Reason it didn't do that well is because of the current generation of gamers which is often referred to as the ADD generation. If there's not constant machine gun fire and explosions then it doesn't interest them. Now could it be better yes but so could all games. They only way it would get more attention is if the turned into a straight action game ala RE4/5.

xMarex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xMarex
Member since 2010 • 168 Posts
idk about everyone else, but I'm tired of FPSs ... I actually plan on getting Alan Wake soon, ad a dude in Gamestop said that Metro 2033 was really, really good.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts

As much as I liked Alan Wake (although the gameplay and level design could've used more variety), I would honestly prefer to see a sequel to Deadly Premonition instead.

There was something incredibly charming about that game that completely sucked me in, even if the phrase "completely sucked" could describe a lot of other things about the game. I think I ended up having more fun with it than I did with Alan Wake and Red Dead combined, so a sequel would be nice.

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Alan wake was way above Average to me.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
alan wake shouldn't be on this list, it isn't average, it was a great game
Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

Your list is not one of very good choices. Pretty bad poll imo. So... I will highlight some games that I feel actually do deserve a sequel.

Darksiders - I love Darksiders, and really enjoyed playing through the game (still have to finish the last few chapters). But it just felt like something was missing. For one thing, it felt a little bit too much like God of War. Don't get me wrong, I love God of War, and being able to play that style of game on 360 was AMAZING. But, it just felt TOO close for me. Also, some of the puzzles were frustratingly difficult. With shifting the beams of light in the last few chapters, it just gets really annoying. There are also other minor technical flaws, but I feel that given a sequel, Darksiders 2 could easily be a top 25 game of the year.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - This game was a step in the wrong direction. The original Force Unleashed was a much better game than its sequel. It was really unfortunate because I was really looking forward to this game this year, but it just fell short. Given that this was a sequel and it and was a step back kind of makes me weary of a TFU3, but I'd still give it a chance were it to be released.

Dante's Inferno - Again, this game just fell short. I really enjoyed it, but it just didn't seem finished. The Gamespot review called Dante's Inferno "Derivative" and that is exactly what it is. I would be interested to see where they would take a story for Dante's Inferno 2, but I would definitely like to see a sequel. I think that Visceral and EA could produce a really good sequel to this game.

Those were the first 3 that came to mind for me.

firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 firebolt53
Member since 2009 • 670 Posts
You missed out Alpha protocol, a game that got a luke warm reception at best but in actuality is absolutely superb.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts

Vanquish was commercially poor and mechanically fantastic. It's probably not getting a sequel, but I'd like one.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Metro 2033. They can fix a lot of the technical issues of the original and make gunplay/gameplay much better.
Nooberman2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nooberman2k
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts
Metro 2033. They can fix a lot of the technical issues of the original and make gunplay/gameplay much better.Elann2008
This for me. The atmosphere was spot on. Maybe a touch more variety in enemies too.
Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#24 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

I think Metro 2033 had alot going for it, but fell short in some regards. I want to read the book when it releases in english in a few months. But it was grim and had a good ambiance to it. It reminds me of Stalker on pc, its a good game but alot of people didnt like it for diff reasons.

Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

Castlevania: Lord of shadow was not only much better than a 7-8/10 but also is much deeper than any game in the genre

xXShortroundXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xXShortroundXx
Member since 2011 • 1807 Posts
None of those games. I think that developers really don't need to keep making unnesseary sequels. i.e Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 29121994
Member since 2008 • 1166 Posts

I voted metro 2033 but to be honest I would say that Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands and Aliens vs Predator definitely deserved another chance. They were both games that were largely underrated and a lot more fun than they were made out to be.

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

Alan Wake shouldn't be on that list.

I guess Dante's Inferno. I hated it because of how stupid it was in comparison to Inferno from The Divine Comedy. Should give it another chance, I guess.

hybrid7seven7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hybrid7seven7
Member since 2010 • 605 Posts

lol 0 votes or 0% for apache: air assault (which to be honest i had not even heard of)

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Alpha Protocol could be an excellent series if they improved on certain parts of it.
EverestMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EverestMan
Member since 2003 • 175 Posts

Metro 2033 and Alan Wake were fantastic games, not sure why you have them pegged as average.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I have still yet to play James Bond 007: Blood Stone, Metro 2033 and Alan Wake... so I can't comment on those. I also haven't played Apache: Air Assault and don't plan to really, as it doesn't interest me that much to be honest. But Medal Of Honor was a great game! Medal Of Honor's campaign was just as good as the Black Ops campaign, and the online was pretty good too, if a little bit more like Battlefield than Call of Duty at times. I would definately love to see a Medal of Honor sequel, and I think that more people should have gave it a chance, as it was fantastic. The multiplayer may not be as addictive as Call of Duty (and have nowhere near as many maps as a single CoD game), but it really was a lot of fun to play. It's a shame that not many people played it, really. I hope we do see a sequel though :). But to be honest, I'd prefer if Medal of Honor went back to it's WWII timeline. Too many companies are doing modern/vietnam these days (vietnam and modern feel similar for some reason). I miss my WWII... I can't even remember the last time a WWII FPS (or game in general) came out :(. I miss it that much that I am digging deep in the PS2's library for WWII FPS games, and so far I have found 2 that interest me (although I not get them just yet as I have so many games to play still).
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Alan Wake should have contended for game of the year if people had given it a chance instead of writing it off as a failure.

vonsvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vonsvin
Member since 2005 • 231 Posts

Alan Wake was meh, at best

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#35 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

As much as I liked Alan Wake (although the gameplay and level design could've used more variety), I would honestly prefer to see a sequel to Deadly Premonition instead.

There was something incredibly charming about that game that completely sucked me in, even if the phrase "completely sucked" could describe a lot of other things about the game. I think I ended up having more fun with it than I did with Alan Wake and Red Dead combined, so a sequel would be nice.

Planeforger

Very well described my feelings as well!

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#36 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Out of the games you have listed - Metro 2033 deserves it the most.

Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts

metro 2033

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts

You missed out Alpha protocol, a game that got a luke warm reception at best but in actuality is absolutely superb.firebolt53

Ooh yeah, that's another one that I'd forgotten about. With more polish and better AI, I could see a sequel becoming one of the best RPGs of this generation.

The first one was already a terrific RPG, with some of the best choices and consequences we've seen in a long while. It's just a shame that the game lost a lot of potential customers through its somewhat-clunky gameplay and presentation.

javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

Alan Wake was meh, at best

vonsvin
This
Jaguar_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Jaguar_Shade
Member since 2009 • 5822 Posts
Lost Planet 2 I found really enjoyable. I'd love to see an LP3.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Alan Wake was excellent but criminally underrated.Should not be on that list.

Haven't played any of the others but Metro would be the only one I'd have an interest in.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Games that got overlooked that I wish gamers would give a second chance

Snoopy Flying Ace was terrific, repetitive but terrific, and its online community is dead pretty much

Would love a Flying Ace 2, but this time with more content and at retail (for $39)

Other than that, I'd say Crackdown 2 is fun even if it doesn't live up to the first one

Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
Why is Alan Wake on that list? It was amazing! If only Remedy/MS hadn't been so foolish on the release date, they were competing with R*, a publisher that actually spent money on advertising.
jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

I actually just finished Alan Wake and its DLCs and I wouldn't just call it an average game. I haven't played any of the other ones, though I do have Metro 2033 already.

I voted for MOH, as I was really it was hoping it was going to do well but a mixture of reviews and DICE'sinvolvement inmultiplayerkilled any hope for it to me. I was hoping for a game more like MOHAA and SH but instead it disappointed. I'd like a return to WWII with the more arcade-y gameplay where you can just hop in a game, pick a weapon, and shoot people instead of dealing with theleveling up, perks, and unlocking weapons.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#45 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

Call Of Duty Four