Where is all the CoD5 Hype!?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RaseshX
Member since 2008 • 404 Posts

seriously, CoD 5 is coming out in just more than a month.. I see no hype, i understand Fable ll is coming out etc, but surely CoD5 deserves some credit!

Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
"Some where over the rainbow... Way up high..."

Jk, I'm hyped for it, but I think everyone who is hyped for it, is busy playing 4 till WaW hits.
RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RaseshX
Member since 2008 • 404 Posts
"Some where over the rainbow... Way up high..."

Jk, I'm hyped for it, but I think everyone who is hyped for it, is busy playing 4 till WaW hits.Alan1187
haha probley, but im still a believer CoD5 will top 4.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

Okay here is my input on this game.

SO before Call of Duty 4, there was nothing but people saying they are tired of WWII games...and now that Call of Duty 5 is coming out, and people are soooo excited about it.

But about the hype, i am still the guy who is bored of WWII games.

lahdeedah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 lahdeedah
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts
I'm really sick of these WWII games. They're getting so old with screaming germans or japanese. The guns aren't getting any new. I think they should of stuck with the iraq war or futuristic like WWIII or something like that.
Bloodymassacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Bloodymassacre
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts
Who knows? :P I'm excited for it, even if it's WWII, I think it looks awesome :D
Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts
I prefer the lack of hype. That way, if it turns out good, it will be a pleasant surprise, and if it turns out to be a dud, then there is no loss :)
JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts
meh, it doesnt really impress me. Its the same old shooter and until treyarch can show me they can make games as good as infiniti ward I'm going to get excited about any of their projects.
slipknot86_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slipknot86_1
Member since 2003 • 216 Posts
i agree, i've had enough of the WWII games as well, and with all the other games coming out and i still have not gotten bored with COD4 yet.... im gonna be too busy as it is no matter how high of rating's it gets
TheWampaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheWampaKing
Member since 2008 • 278 Posts

Go to CoDHQ.com

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
doesnt look as interesting as COD4.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I think hype ruins games and usually games don't live up to the hype. GTA IV being a perfect example. While it got a 10 for being perfect for it's prime(as of now), I still think it could had been better. Lots of people hyped Halo 3 and look what happened, we got lots of Halo 3 sucks threads on here because it didn't live up to the hype.

You guys can hype this game all you want, but don't be surprised if it didn't live up to it.

WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts
i cant wait till it is launched...I loved cod3...I picked up brothers in arms and just was not what i expected...I was hopping it was like Cod3....but i think it will kick major A $$..
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

It's Call of Duty 5, set in WWII. The hype isn't around because it's going through the same thing as the NBA/NFL/MLB games are going through... we know what to expect in the game before we even buy it, so there is nothing to be surprised or excited about.

There are much bigger games that are going the distance to be different(even though most of these new games are sequels) and most smart gamers who don't have alot of money aren't going to get hype for Call of Duty 5 just because it's a new installment into the series. They know it's a World War II game and been through that era many many times before in other games.

I'll be busy playing Mortal Kombat vs DC, Gears 2, Mega Man 9(already own), Prince of Persia, Banjo-Kazooie, Sonic Unleashed, and Left 4 Dead come this November...

Xtix123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xtix123
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts

I think hype ruins games and usually games don't live up to the hype. GTA IV being a perfect example. While it got a 10 for being perfect for it's prime(as of now), I still think it could had been better. Lots of people hyped Halo 3 and look what happened, we got lots of Halo 3 sucks threads on here because it didn't live up to the hype.

You guys can hype this game all you want, but don't be surprised if it didn't live up to it.

mitu123

Actually Halo 3 was a way better game then COD 4 (which sucks) and GTA 4 (I actually love this game) combine and plus, it was a major improvement to the other Halo's (which are good) with it's Forge, Theaters, Good storyline, good campaign (4 player CO-OP FTW), File share, Costum games, Matchmaking (wich ranks, Yeah), But the problem in the game is the Community, It's the worst community on earth but yeah It's good to play with friends so that you could have fun rather then bash it, But theres a mute option that could help you out). Anyway Halo 3 was a really great game compare to other games but hey it's my opinion and hopefully you could help me out in Perfect Dark Zero's campaign mode one day.

Anyway COD 5 looks like it's going to be a way better game then COD 4 (Which again sucks, Stupid fanboys trying to protect this game), I mean seriously what's so addicted in COD 4? The multiplayer? Well just to be honest it's the most boring multiplayer game in the world and i don't care if you guys are going to bash it because this game Sucks and it's so damn boring. The single player is pretty darn good but no way near as good as the other COD's since it was so dang short but still awesome. Anyway COD 5 (which known as COD World at War) is going to be the best COD game in date and who cares it's going back to WW2 because it's going to be so dang good that it's going to rape COD 4 you stupid Fanboys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rated R Superstar Edge is the best in WWE and he could own anyone.

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
I'm hyped for it.
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
nowhere because it will suck.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Xtix123

Actually Halo 3 was a way better game then COD 4 (which sucks) and GTA 4 (I actually love this game) combine and plus, it was a major improvement to the other Halo's (which are good) with it's Forge, Theaters, Good storyline, good campaign (4 player CO-OP FTW), File share, Costum games, Matchmaking (wich ranks, Yeah), But the problem in the game is the Community, It's the worst community on earth but yeah It's good to play with friends so that you could have fun rather then bash it, But theres a mute option that could help you out). Anyway Halo 3 was a really great game compare to other games but hey it's my opinion and hopefully you could help me out in Perfect Dark Zero's campaign mode one day.

Anyway COD 5 looks like it's going to be a way better game then COD 4 (Which again sucks, Stupid fanboys trying to protect this game), I mean seriously what's so addicted in COD 4? The multiplayer? Well just to be honest it's the most boring multiplayer game in the world and i don't care if you guys are going to bash it because this game Sucks and it's so damn boring. The single player is pretty darn good but no way near as good as the other COD's since it was so dang short but still awesome. Anyway COD 5 (which known as COD World at War) is going to be the best COD game in date and who cares it's going back to WW2 because it's going to be so dang good that it's going to rape COD 4 you stupid Fanboys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rated R Superstar Edge is the best in WWE and he could own anyone.

Which mission in PDZ again, plus I need to renew my subscription, and I don't have any money right now. I heard Halo 3 is great, but haven't you read the Halo 3 sucks threads last week?
Bloodymassacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bloodymassacre
Hm such a lovely thread, ay? :P This was for...people who are interested in the game yeah? So people that don't like it...why exactly are you clicking on this? Hmmm...?
Tundrawarlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Tundrawarlord
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts

[QUOTE="Alan1187"]"Some where over the rainbow... Way up high..."

Jk, I'm hyped for it, but I think everyone who is hyped for it, is busy playing 4 till WaW hits.RaseshX
haha probley, but im still a believer CoD5 will top 4.

There will be a lot of chodes who think theyl be playing cod 4 for ever but they will end up getting cod waw eventualy.

bassoldier4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bassoldier4
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
Lack of hype is because COD5 is being developed by Treyarch not infinity ward (creator of COD4)
s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
Some ppl are really tired of ww2 games (not me). Plus, the game is being developed by treyarch, as you probably already know, and there for ppl don't really know what to expect. Cod three blows! but this game looks ok, but we need more than a couple of good videos to change our minds about treyarch. I believe that he game will be great but not all others are like me.
s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
Some ppl are really tired of ww2 games (not me). Plus, the game is being developed by treyarch, as you probably already know, and there for ppl don't really know what to expect. Cod three blows! but this game looks ok, but we need more than a couple of good videos to change our minds about treyarch. I believe that he game will be great but not all others are like me.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11998 Posts

The hype is right here, man.

As long as you feel it, it does exist.

Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

Some ppl are really tired of ww2 games (not me). Plus, the game is being developed by treyarch, as you probably already know, and there for ppl don't really know what to expect. Cod three blows! but this game looks ok, but we need more than a couple of good videos to change our minds about treyarch. I believe that he game will be great but not all others are like me.s2i2p2i2o

For me, those videos came. Watch the HD co-op videos on Gametrailers if you havent :)

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
I'm sure it will be a very fun game, but it doesn't look like it will bring anything new to the series and there's plenty of more ambitious games coming out soon. If they released it in July I would've eaten it up but now I've got plenty of more exciting games to spend my money on.
LiquidEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LiquidEffect
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts
I hate people who say I am tired of WW2 games I mean WTF. Like are you tired of space games are you tired of FPS's people sound dumb when they say that like wow BE QUITE
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10544 Posts

I hate people who say I am tired of WW2 games I mean WTF. Like are you tired of space games are you tired of FPS's people sound dumb when they say that like wow BE QUITELiquidEffect

brilliant :lol:

wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
Who knows? :P I'm excited for it, even if it's WWII, I think it looks awesome :DBloodymassacre
same with me dont know why people dont want WWII
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

[QUOTE="Bloodymassacre"]Who knows? :P I'm excited for it, even if it's WWII, I think it looks awesome :Dwwedx

lame. Im pretty sure many will continue to play cod4 and ignoring this one.

Bloodymassacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bloodymassacre

[QUOTE="wwedx"][QUOTE="Bloodymassacre"]Who knows? :P I'm excited for it, even if it's WWII, I think it looks awesome :DTjeremiah1988

Well that's just dandy. You let them play COD4 and we'll play COD5...deal yah?

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#33 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts
This game is gonna be frickin awesome but I'am probably gonna till next year because I'am still playing CoD 4 and I'am getting Fallout 3 on release date so my second game might be Fable 2 in the highly unlikeley event that I dislike Fallout 3.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KamikazeDonut

I hate people who say I am tired of WW2 games I mean WTF. Like are you tired of space games are you tired of FPS's people sound dumb when they say that like wow BE QUITELiquidEffect

exactly hell I'am surprised people are'nt tired of crappy modern games Army of Two, Conflict Desert Storm, Soldier of Fortune Conflict Denied Ops etc.

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nicknees93

[QUOTE="wwedx"][QUOTE="Bloodymassacre"]Who knows? :P I'm excited for it, even if it's WWII, I think it looks awesome :DTjeremiah1988

i dont even play cod 4 that much.
wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]

[QUOTE="wwedx"][QUOTE="Bloodymassacre"]Who knows? :P I'm excited for it, even if it's WWII, I think it looks awesome :Dnicknees93

i dont even play cod 4 that much.

whats ur main game?
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nicknees93

[QUOTE="LiquidEffect"]I hate people who say I am tired of WW2 games I mean WTF. Like are you tired of space games are you tired of FPS's people sound dumb when they say that like wow BE QUITEKamikazeDonut

exactly hell I'am surprised people are'nt tired of crappy modern games Army of Two, Conflict Desert Storm, Soldier of Fortune Conflict Denied Ops etc.

rash generlazition first of all. second, i'm tired of world war 2 because i think the guns are boring now, the story is pretty much the same each time, and its just an overall depressing time. i like newer modern things. anything good suits me, but now that story is being incorporated even more into games, there are other options. Seriously, world war two is just played out.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
I'm fresh out of hype, burning it all up in the games pictured below.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KamikazeDonut
[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"]

[QUOTE="LiquidEffect"]I hate people who say I am tired of WW2 games I mean WTF. Like are you tired of space games are you tired of FPS's people sound dumb when they say that like wow BE QUITEnicknees93

rash generlazition first of all. second, i'm tired of world war 2 because i think the guns are boring now, the story is pretty much the same each time, and its just an overall depressing time. i like newer modern things. anything good suits me, but now that story is being incorporated even more into games, there are other options. Seriously, world war two is just played out.

yeah because fighting terroists is so orignial, also there are upgrades you can apply to the weapons as well as you lvl while you are entitled to your opinion I can't help but feel that people are being biased and already assuming it's gonna suck just because it 's a WWII shooter and saying it sucjs just because the game sucks.

All I'am saying is at least give the game a chance and see how it all turns out when the dust clears.

LiquidEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LiquidEffect
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts
[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"]

[QUOTE="LiquidEffect"]I hate people who say I am tired of WW2 games I mean WTF. Like are you tired of space games are you tired of FPS's people sound dumb when they say that like wow BE QUITEnicknees93

So Modern war is a happy place were there are not head being cut off no one being tortured. Also saying the story is played out is dumb. I mean yeah there are a lot of ww2 games that are mediocre and have a **** story but I mean the COD series didn't make WW2 sound boring. Oh and the thing is the war accounts in the game are historic they are not story's like some developer makes in the office

progrmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 progrmr
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts

Actually Halo 3 was a way better game then COD 4 (which sucks) ...Xtix123

Your opinion FTMFL!
thumbsdown01x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thumbsdown01x
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts

mitu123

You are wrong, about hype ruining games. Halo 3 is bashed because it causes reactions. Ninja Gaiden 2 was hyped more than Halo 3. More so, that the developers themselves claimed that companies would lose hope, and give up when they see the game. That was Itagaki's reason for not showing screenshots.

Guess what? The game wasn't recieved as well as expected, but bashing the game caused little response. What's the most popular Japanese cartoon you can think of at this time? Why is it such a coincidence that there are so many trolls AGAINST that show? I doubt it is the only cartoon they hate, but their bashing causes the most spark.

Call of Duty 5 could be extremely hyped, and ignored if it gets 4.0 ratings. HOWEVER, if Call of Duty 5 had a league of hardcore fans that'd cause 10 page arguments, then it'd be bashed. Don't believe me? Check youtube. The TV show with the highest ratings and loyal fans get bombarded with "this sucks" comments. That is why there were so many GTA sucks comments even before the game was released, because it was the talk then. So yes, Call of Duty 5 could be hyped... the bashing done by trolls depends exclusively on the commotion caused. That is why, Wii isn't bashed so much by PS3 fans... as opposed to 360 bashing.

thumbsdown01x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thumbsdown01x
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts
[QUOTE="Xtix123"]

Actually Halo 3 was a way better game then COD 4 (which sucks) ...progrmr

Your opinion FTMFL!

See? Call of Duty 4 bashing barely cauees spark. Halo 3 bashing causes instant 6-page flamewars, that is why trolls abuse the fact that they can't get punched in the face from behind their computer.

When a guy "trolled" a baseball game recently, I thought the angry girl running him over with her car was a bit harsh. But trolls are such worthless scumbag, that they deserve it.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Well Im not getting too excited over it. Hopefully Treyarch can shut up the IW fanboys but as of now they have legit reasons.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I never hype games but i'm somewhat interested in it. Though multiplayer games aren't really that high on my list. Looks great so i'll buy it eventually.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
WWII is boring
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
no where its made by the same ppl who destroyed cod3 plus it takes place in the out played WWII era
Goron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Goron24
Member since 2005 • 1043 Posts
treyarch hasnt shown they deserve the hype imo, COD3 didnt live up to one or two
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

thumbsdown01x

You are wrong, about hype ruining games. Halo 3 is bashed because it causes reactions. Ninja Gaiden 2 was hyped more than Halo 3. More so, that the developers themselves claimed that companies would lose hope, and give up when they see the game. That was Itagaki's reason for not showing screenshots.

Guess what? The game wasn't recieved as well as expected, but bashing the game caused little response. What's the most popular Japanese cartoon you can think of at this time? Why is it such a coincidence that there are so many trolls AGAINST that show? I doubt it is the only cartoon they hate, but their bashing causes the most spark.

Call of Duty 5 could be extremely hyped, and ignored if it gets 4.0 ratings. HOWEVER, if Call of Duty 5 had a league of hardcore fans that'd cause 10 page arguments, then it'd be bashed. Don't believe me? Check youtube. The TV show with the highest ratings and loyal fans get bombarded with "this sucks" comments. That is why there were so many GTA sucks comments even before the game was released, because it was the talk then. So yes, Call of Duty 5 could be hyped... the bashing done by trolls depends exclusively on the commotion caused. That is why, Wii isn't bashed so much by PS3 fans... as opposed to 360 bashing.

Hype doesn't ruin games? What, Halo 3 was bashed (mainly)because it didn't live up to the hype, since I haven't played that game yet, I can't say it's good or bad. Yeah, Ninja Gaiden 2 wasn't that good, as for popular Japanese cartoon, would that be Naruto?

I'm still not hyping COD 5, these are the same guys who made COD 3, which was a little inferior to both COD 2 and COD 4 IMO. Nice post as always.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KamikazeDonut

treyarch hasnt shown they deserve the hype imo, COD3 didnt live up to one or two Goron24

Dude they only had 11 months to make CoD3 how is that fair!?