Whats the Best RPG?

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

I never played Mass Effect but from what I know its has to be Fallout 3 or Bioshock great games that I never thought I would like but I tried them and fell in love

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

bioshock is an RPG since when?

i perfer oblivion over fallout 3 anyday:D

jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

Just got dragon age recently and that is a solid rpg on the 360, fallout 3 is good, but I would say either mass effect or fable for now

Mantorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mantorman
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts
I couldn't even play Fallout 3 for more than 6 hours. I just hated it. I'm not a Bethesda fan at all. As for Bioshock, great game. I wouldn't call it an RPG. There IS a line. Fable and Mass Effect are on that line, but they're still on the right side of it. Bioshock, on the other hand...eh...I really don't think so. Honestly, I still think that Dragon Age is the best RPG for the 360. I don't care what Gamespot says, it doesn't deserve to be a whole point lower than the PC version.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

Fable 2 and Fallout 3 have had the greatest impact this gen when you talk about RPG's. Oblivion is amazing too...it was before its time, if Oblivion came out today with updated graphics it would be a GOTY candidate.

My personal best is Mass Effect 2.

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Mass effect 2 is the best rpg out there.
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 x8VXU6

Just got dragon age recently and that is a solid rpg on the 360, fallout 3 is good, but I would say either mass effect or fable for now

jackelzx

Fable 2 was mad boring

Caduceus06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Caduceus06
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts

Best RPG on the 360?

Pretty good lists include Mass Effect 1 & 2, Lost Odyssey, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, and I would include the Diablo-esque Sacred 2 (one of my favorites).

Most of the critics have favored ME2, Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Tales of Vesperia, recently, which should cover most tastes out there.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

ESIV: Oblivion is my fave, but Fallout 3 is a very close second. Perhaps FFXIII might alter that, but we'll see.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DranzarTypeF

I just remembered Tales Of Vesperia...that game is the definition of an RPG its pretty amazing.

rickatick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rickatick
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

dragon age origins in my mind, i tried to like oblivion and fallout but they both bored me to death and didn't care for there combat systems

NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
u can find a lot of of good rpgs for xbox, best game imo are es IV oblivion, dragon age and me 1&2
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Let me contrast my opinions to this guy's opinions:

As for Bioshock, great game. I wouldn't call it an RPG. There IS a line. Fable and Mass Effect are on that line, but they're still on the right side of it. Bioshock, on the other hand...eh...I really don't think so.Mantorman

I agree. A number oftitles these days combine elements from RPGs and action games. Some lean more to one side or the other.

Honestly, I still think that Dragon Age is the best RPG for the 360. I don't care what Gamespot says, it doesn't deserve to be a whole point lower than the PC version.Mantorman

And I mostly agree again. Dragon Age is the best pure WRPG on the console. I do think it deserved to be harshly criticized in reviews for its presentation, however. The graphics in that game are inexcusable.

BdogTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BdogTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 675 Posts
fallout 3
akbar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 akbar13
Member since 2009 • 2186 Posts

Lol at Fallout 3 and Oblvion. Play a game with good stories and characters like DA:O or ME1/2. Or you can get Fallout 1/2 or Planescape: Torment

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

1. Dragon Age

2 . Tale of Vesperia

3. Mass Effect

4. Mass effect 2 ( Have not finished it yet about 30%)

5. Eternal Sonata

BUT.... Final Fantasy XIII will be out next week 3/09/2010 i would make that a Must buy for all RPG fans

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

Lol at Fallout 3 and Oblvion. Play a game with good stories and characters like DA:O or ME1/2. Or you can get Fallout 1/2 or Planescape: Torment

akbar13

Fallout 3 was boring excuse me thats Boring with a capital "B", Oblvion was ok i never finished it but it was the 1st Real RPG for the xbox 360 so pickings where slim.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="akbar13"]

lge777

Fallout 3 was boring excuse me thats Boring with a capital "B", Oblvion was ok i never finished it but it was the 1st Real RPG for the xbox 360 so pickings where slim.

How could you call FO3 boring but excuse Oblivion lol ?
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 x8VXU6

[QUOTE="akbar13"]

lge777

i love Fallout 3 but fable 2 put me to sleep no lie, its so damn boring I rather read a book about paint drying

BioFantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BioFantasy
Member since 2010 • 102 Posts

Tales of Vesperia

Dudewrsmygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dudewrsmygame
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Fable 2 has a lot of problems and certain customizable elements really sucked like changing furniture.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
definately oblivion, i love that fantasy setting
lukec221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lukec221
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts

If your looking for a Final Fantasy-esque RPG, Lost Odyssey is the way to go. Mass Effect is good too.

damn, how could I forget Oblivion? Definitely a great one. probably the best

DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts
Bioshock is not RPG. The best so far on the 360 for me is Lost Odyssey, Borderlands and Dragon Age
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DranzarTypeF
Bioshock is not RPG. The best so far on the 360 for me is Lost Odyssey, Borderlands and Dragon AgeDEATH775
Borderlands isn't an RPG either...it just has RPG elements like Bioshock or any other FPS looting game.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

If the time that it came out holds any weight than my vote goes to Oblivion, nothing else came close when that game was released. And that release was close to when i bought my 360 and was the second game a purchased, a week after i got the console. So the game holds some sentimental value too.

But yeah, Oblivion gets my vote.

DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DeadApeBladder
Member since 2009 • 692 Posts

WRPG- Mass Effect 2 and JRPG- Lost Odyssey.

Blargsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blargsman
Member since 2009 • 395 Posts

The fanboy in me wants to say Mass Effect 2... but traditional RPG-wise, I'd have to say Dragon Age: Origins.

drunkenyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 drunkenyak
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts

As much as I love Mass Effect 1 and 2, i'm going to have to go with Dragon Age. Found Oblivion kind of boring. Fallout 3 is fun but I havn't really gotten into it. Fable 2 was actualy kind of fun even though I didn't think I would like it, but it still doesn't compare. JRPG's put me to sleep these days unless the story is interesting enough to keep me going. Preordered the upcoming Final Fantasy because i've enjoyed all the other ones I played so far. Now I just wish for a Jade Empire 2.

jetslalom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jetslalom
Member since 2010 • 574 Posts

fable 2 for 360, demons souls for ps3, overall demons souls

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
well the mass effect series is brilliant.. but for a more pure rpg feel Lost odyssey, great game, most like a final fantasy as stated above. Eternal Sonata - this game seems kinda passed over by most, but it was one of the best rpg experiences out there. i'm actually playing tales of vesperia right now.. just about to end it, for content it's incredible, i'm almost 50 hours in and i'm not really doing side quests. Personally it's not a great game, at this point I just want to finish it but if it suits you more, damn its big! oblivion, fallout, and dragon age are all boring :( I really really tried with fallout, I played for like 12 hours and couldn't take it anymore.
Midders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Midders
Member since 2008 • 240 Posts

Oblivion.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

My favorite rpg games on the 360

• Mass Effect series
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Dragon Age
  • Oblivion
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
tales of vesperia and mass effect2 for 360 FF13 soon
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Tales of Vesperia. Wonderful game.

In terms of WRPGs I'm going with Mass Effect 1/2. Outstanding games as well.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="DEATH775"]Bioshock is not RPG. The best so far on the 360 for me is Lost Odyssey, Borderlands and Dragon AgeDranzarTypeF
Borderlands isn't an RPG either...it just has RPG elements like Bioshock or any other FPS looting game.

yeh, but in borderlands you get a skill tree and there are armour/weapon drops. Bioshock doesnt really have them
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DranzarTypeF
[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"][QUOTE="DEATH775"]Bioshock is not RPG. The best so far on the 360 for me is Lost Odyssey, Borderlands and Dragon Agechaoscougar1

yeh, but in borderlands you get a skill tree and there are armour/weapon drops. Bioshock doesnt really have them

True, but Bioshock does have weapon/ammo drops, no armor because there is no need for it.
MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

I absolutely loved Oblivion (90 hours), Fallout 3 (60 hours), Fable 2 (40 hours), and ME 1 & 2 (40 hours). I'm playing Dragon Age right now. I don't love the combat system, but the story is pretty amazing. It has me pretty hooked right now.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I have to admit I hate most RPGs being put out and the last traditional one I enjoyed was on the dreamcast(skies of arcadia). With that said I enjoyed Oblivion, but never continues to play it because it is just too big. I totally loved Fallout 3 but ended up with the same issue as Oblivion. If you consider Bio Shock an RPG and liked it then the most obvious suggestion is BioShock2,it is alittle cheesier than the original and much more action oriented, which actually ends up fun. I love Fable 2, as long as you do more than the main story there is tons to do. Most people liked Mass Effect and 2 but I don't. I kinda liked Eternal Sonata, it is alot better than expected. I use game fly and I'm still waiting for Dragon Age Origins, but I've heard nothing but good.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Definitely Mass Effect 1 & 2.

Fallout 3 is pretty boring, Fable 2 is ok, and I haven't tried Dragon Age properly yet.

HellishKratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HellishKratos
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

That's a hard one for me.

WRPGs- Dragon Age or Mass Effect 2

JRPGs- Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia

All of them are fantastic games.

LT-Voltaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LT-Voltaire
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

The best RPG out there. Well that depend on what you look for in an RPG. If you want a big open ended world where you can go any where and do anything than I would say Fallout 3 for the gamer that wants to blend FPS with RPG. If your taste is Big open worlds Etc but you like fantasy then id say Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. If your an old school RPG fan then try Star Ocean: Last Hope or Lost Odyssey. If you like Sci-Fy then try Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. There is no bad RPG just different tastes guys they all offer you the same basic thing which is to have you alternate ego do and say what you some sometimes cant and do things that in the real world would get you thrown in jail or killed.

Suicide-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Suicide-Panda
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

If your Counting JRPGs then i'll say Lost Odyssey, If not then probs Borderlands, If you can call it a RPG.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DranzarTypeF

I love how people are calling other peoples opinions boring games and THEN in the next breathe suggest a game that could also be considered boring lol.:P

EVERY SINGLE one of these RPG's mentioned can be considered boring in one way or another, its all just preference. A fair share of the games mentioned in this thread have had a GOTY edition, so its obvious that they have been critiqued by the industry and are generally good RPG's, so saying something sucks or is boring as if its a fact is unreasonable.

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#46 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

I guess its what you prefer. Sci-Fi or fantasy. If its Sci-fi then its Mass Effect, if its fantasy then its Dragon Age, hmmmm they're both Bioware. That in itself speaks volumes.Haven't played Fallout 3 or Final Fantasy XII yet but until I do Mass Effect wins.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#47 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Best rpgs this gen =

- The Witcher

- Dragon Age

- Risen

- Lost Odyssey

- Mass Effect2 (though I consider this half shooter and half rpg)

- Valkyria Chronicles

albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts
For me, Dragon Age and Oblivion. And since I have both consoles I have to honestly rate Demon's Souls as one of the best too, certainly the most unique.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DranzarTypeF

Best rpgs this gen =

- The Witcher

- Dragon Age

- Risen

- Lost Odyssey

- Mass Effect2 (though I consider this half shooter and half rpg)

- Valkyria Chronicles

kozzy1234
Really ? the best this gen ? surely this gen had more to offer than that.
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 x8VXU6

I love how people are calling other peoples opinions boring games and THEN in the next breathe suggest a game that could also be considered boring lol.:P

EVERY SINGLE one of these RPG's mentioned can be considered boring in one way or another, its all just preference. A fair share of the games mentioned in this thread have had a GOTY edition, so its obvious that they have been critiqued by the industry and are generally good RPG's, so saying something sucks or is boring as if its a fact is unreasonable.

DranzarTypeF

I know what u mean, like some ppl that Fallout 3 is boring but think Fable 2 is fun, I played Fable 2 and I was sleep in the first 30 minutes