Whats so great about CoD 4

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SilentAssasin67
SilentAssasin67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SilentAssasin67
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

I mean its insanely repetive and whoever sees who first wins. The survivalist is the most over-kill class ever. just sayin.

What do you think

CoD makes me:(

Tiki_Hemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tiki_Hemp
Member since 2009 • 313 Posts
are talkin' bout split screen boy? What makes it fun is the ppl you play w/. most of the time diff ppl use diff strat. and if they dont then you rack up kills cuz ya know where there at.(BAM) so yickety yickety, yackety yack
jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

Hm. To tell you the truth I dont know. I never got the hype that the CoD "juggernaut" has. I don't really like run'n'gun shooters so that may be why. I also don't see anything new that it really did "as you kill you will "rankup" and "unlock new weapons" ...oh thanks...not like i cant win with my starting gun.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#4 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I liked the gameplay. the graphics were rock solid and everything ran very well. never played online, but it was a great game :D
Avatar image for BloodFreezer456
BloodFreezer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BloodFreezer456
Member since 2008 • 180 Posts

NOTHING! people just love it because it was the first "great" Call of duty,COD World at war is better,don't get me wrong i love cod 4 but i can't understand why people love it so much more than cod waw

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Play the campaign, that's why it's so great.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e37a4b2098a6
deactivated-5e37a4b2098a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 deactivated-5e37a4b2098a6
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts

if you think "the survivalist" is the best class in cod4, then obviuously you havent played enough cod4 to like it. you get to create your own class with your own guns, perks, and attachments once you reach level 5 online, and strategy-wise, theres so much more to the game than whoever sees who first.

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jad206

Play the campaign, that's why it's so great.nate_c-12

Campaign < Multiplayer

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

never played onlineorb_03_2006
wtf

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

NOTHING! people just love it because it was the first "great" Call of duty,COD World at war is better,don't get me wrong i love cod 4 but i can't understand why people love it so much more than cod waw

BloodFreezer456
The first "great" CoD? Are you kidding me? The original CoD revolutionized the shooter genre and single-handedly killed the Medal of Honor franchise.
rustedMECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 rustedMECH
Member since 2006 • 910 Posts

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]never played onlineRobboElRobbo

wtf

Yeah really.

How can you own CoD4 and not play the multiplayer.

The multiplayer is probably the best I've seen on this system.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#12 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I think people mainly like it because it changed settings from World War II. Otherwise, it plays the same as any other CoD game which part of the reason why I didn't enjoy it so much.

Singleplayer is far too scripted and lacks any replay value and while the multiplayer is fun it's still your typical FPS multiplayer.

jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

i believe it is fun because it was the first big online shooter that had an in-depth ranking system. what was before cod4? gears? halo? yes halo had that, but it didn't really mean anything. this is so addicting because you have to keep playing just to get good guns/perks etc.. basically it gives you an incentive to keep playing other than the thrill of cappin' fools.

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jad206

i believe it is fun because it was the first big online shooter that had an in-depth ranking system. what was before cod4? gears? halo? yes halo had that, but it didn't really mean anything. this is so addicting because you have to keep playing just to get good guns/perks etc.. basically it gives you an incentive to keep playing other than the thrill of cappin' fools.

jlevin860

So why dont you go play a RPG with you want the thrill of "new weapons and skills"?

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

There is nothing great about CoD4, that's what.

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

One of the few times in a campaign where the final 'boss encounter' was a one shot, one kill that capped off a kick a$$ experience without the usual default big boss which is usually a lame helicopter (cough, cough BAD Co, cough). I know graphics aren't the end all criteria for a game, but it still looks amazing.

COD4_Shinedown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 COD4_Shinedown
Member since 2008 • 5673 Posts

BloodFreezer456

Because WaW's MP is annoying as hell. Dogs are incredibly annoying and tanks are a pain too. It doesn't work as well as COD4 IMO.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

BloodFreezer456

Its cause people were starting to get a bit tired with the whole world war 2 theme that COD always went for before. Nothing wrong with it but since the ww2 shooter market is crammed full of (mostly) good ww2 shooters, RTS games, flight sims etc a ww2 franchise changing to modern warfare was a breath of fresh air for most people :)

And besides singleplayer rocked :D

gamer_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 gamer_96
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

Great story,gameplay,graphics what do you want more?

Mark_the_Lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mark_the_Lie
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

The campaign is so epic.

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]never played onlineRobboElRobbo

wtf

I played online myself but got bored very quickly and stopped lol.

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

I mean its insanely repetive and whoever sees who first wins. The survivalist is the most over-kill class ever. just sayin.

What do you think

CoD makes me:(

SilentAssasin67

Yeah, buddy, that's generally how multiplayer FPS's work.

You should try and get online and try the multiplayer because it's deeper and more rewarding than just playing with the same preset classes over and over again. It's a solid FPS experience, and you should give it more of a chance.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

jlevin860
lol are u joking? how bout battlefield 2? as you rank up actual army ranks you get to unlock a single gun, and u cant get from the first to last rank in a day either ;)
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

to everyone who thinks cod4 is and modern warfare 2 will be just mediocre shooters, please stop making threads about it. we get it. you dont like the game. you dont need to make a thread to show how cool you are bc you dislike a popular game.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Everything is great about it.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

From a strictly multiplayer standpoint

Addicting - ranks keep you playing for your next unlock, or weapon skin... today this might seem a little old hat, but few games had actual rewarding rewards for playing.

Balanced - even at the lower levels you can do quiet good as long as your smart and skilled. Higher ranks just allow for more varried strategies not more powerful items. I wouldn't say the balance is perfect, but it's well thought out, and I don't feel screwed going back to the 1st rank for prestige.

depth - lots of weapons, and perks don't necessarily mean depth for a game. Most of the time you get a ton of users just using the same thing. Not really so in COD4. You see a lot of different players using different loadouts constantly. Also there's a ton of different multiplayer modes most of which are pretty popular.

EDIT:

Also I wanted to add some input on the first one to shoot wins comment. If you position yourself properly, and play smart this is rarely the case. Use cover, know your surroundings, and don't feel you need to run and gun all the time. I frequently get my kills from people that shoot at me first since I rarely know anybodies position until they shoot.

xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts

It's a good game.

MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

to everyone who thinks cod4 is and modern warfare 2 will be just mediocre shooters, please stop making threads about it. we get it. you dont like the game. you dont need to make a thread to show how cool you are bc you dislike a popular game.

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

x 1,000,000

How else are they going to show the world how edgy/emo they are?

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#29 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Singleplayer. Campaign. Easily the best in the Call of Duty series. I don't think I'd ever been so caught up and into a call of duty campaign like I was with this game. Just saying, 'yo. ;)
Urban_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Urban_Flow
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

Play the campaign, that's why it's so great.nate_c-12
Agreed. Multiplayer Was Fun...A little Repetitive But Fun At The End.Looking Forward To MW2.

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_

[QUOTE="_SOULtoSQUEEZE_"]

MCDogDoo

x 1,000,000

How else are they going to show the world how edgy/emo they are?

lol true.

kholdstare61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 kholdstare61
Member since 2006 • 944 Posts

What's so great about COD4? Its fun. Just like how Halo, CSS, Battlefield, and TF2 are fun. The gunplay is excellent, the leveling system is addicting, and it keeps making you come back for more.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I thought it was an all around great game. Nothing special but a very solid game that I enjoyed for around 200 hours.

ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts

Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts

What's so great about COD4? Its fun. Just like how Halo, CSS, Battlefield, and TF2 are fun. The gunplay is excellent, the leveling system is addicting, and it keeps making you come back for more.

kholdstare61

This is what I really wanted to say.

skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 skeeter1255
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

Whats so great about a whole bunch of other games....

You wanna know y its so great.. its because one ejoys playing it..

If you dont enjoy it, hey ok i wont blame you tahts your opinion but to me and others its a great FPS online.

SlipknotSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SlipknotSeven
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
The Xbox Live is part of the huge game play, I assume. The graphics, game play itself, the overall fun of the game is amazing. Especially if you can get some friends together. Or if you make a tournament, the game is insane. The campaign didn't seem to bad either, having played COD games for a while, this COD4 was very fun.
Tiki_Hemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tiki_Hemp
Member since 2009 • 313 Posts

I also like it because everyone dies...

BdogTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 BdogTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 675 Posts

[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"]

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]never played onlinerustedMECH

wtf

Yeah really.

How can you own CoD4 and not play the multiplayer.

The multiplayer is probably the best I've seen on this system.

well maybe some of us have crap internet
valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

Everything about COD4 is great.

kramerllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kramerllama
Whats good about it? Um...nothing. All it really had going was good lighting. SP was cliched and predictable...how anyone can think its better than Bioshock, Half Life, or various other FPS storylines is beyond me. And the MP was nothing new or innovative. Shallow gameplay, unbalanced perks/kill streaks, linear/unbalanced maps. No satisfaction in getting kills or ranking. The whole game SP and MP pretty much help play the game for you that any skill in the game is moot.
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

I say the best fps ever made. I think in my point of view. Awesome story. not to much of a fan on graphics just the game itself.

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Whats good about it? Um...nothing. All it really had going was good lighting. SP was cliched and predictable...how anyone can think its better than Bioshock, Half Life, or various other FPS storylines is beyond me. And the MP was nothing new or innovative. Shallow gameplay, unbalanced perks/kill streaks, linear/unbalanced maps. No satisfaction in getting kills or ranking. The whole game SP and MP pretty much help play the game for you that any skill in the game is moot.kramerllama

lol its easy to just say random negative things about any game. no satisfactioin in getting kills or ranking? lol what do you mean by that. how is any other game more satisfying in getting kills or ranking? its easy to see you just have a blind hatred for the game.

kramerllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kramerllama

[QUOTE="kramerllama"]Whats good about it? Um...nothing. All it really had going was good lighting. SP was cliched and predictable...how anyone can think its better than Bioshock, Half Life, or various other FPS storylines is beyond me. And the MP was nothing new or innovative. Shallow gameplay, unbalanced perks/kill streaks, linear/unbalanced maps. No satisfaction in getting kills or ranking. The whole game SP and MP pretty much help play the game for you that any skill in the game is moot._SOULtoSQUEEZE_

lol its easy to just say random negative things about any game. no satisfactioin in getting kills or ranking? lol what do you mean by that. how is any other game more satisfying in getting kills or ranking? its easy to see you just have a blind hatred for the game.

theres no challenge, getting a kill is easy and not really satisfactory. In other games such as Rainbow Six, and OFPDR getting a kill isnt really all that easy due to the cover system in Vegas, and the long distance battles in OFP, getting a kill in those games is a lot more satisfying, especially when those battles drag on and both of you are on the brink of dying. Or hiking all the way across the map to get that 1 kill. Not only that the ranking in both games are a lot harder than that in COD 4. Vegas starts to be excruciating after officer, and in OFP every kill = 1 XP, 50 XP = PFC, 150 XP = Cpl, and people who are sgt have like 2000+ kills. Something like that is satisfactory, not whats in COD
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_

[QUOTE="_SOULtoSQUEEZE_"]

[QUOTE="kramerllama"]Whats good about it? Um...nothing. All it really had going was good lighting. SP was cliched and predictable...how anyone can think its better than Bioshock, Half Life, or various other FPS storylines is beyond me. And the MP was nothing new or innovative. Shallow gameplay, unbalanced perks/kill streaks, linear/unbalanced maps. No satisfaction in getting kills or ranking. The whole game SP and MP pretty much help play the game for you that any skill in the game is moot.kramerllama

theres no challenge, getting a kill is easy and not really satisfactory. In other games such as Rainbow Six, and OFPDR getting a kill isnt really all that easy due to the cover system in Vegas, and the long distance battles in OFP, getting a kill in those games is a lot more satisfying, especially when those battles drag on and both of you are on the brink of dying. Or hiking all the way across the map to get that 1 kill. Not only that the ranking in both games are a lot harder than that in COD 4. Vegas starts to be excruciating after officer, and in OFP every kill = 1 XP, 50 XP = PFC, 150 XP = Cpl, and people who are sgt have like 2000+ kills. Something like that is satisfactory, not whats in COD

well then it sounds like you just like tactical shooters more than run n gun. and yes, the cod series isnt really about being very tactical. although the hardcore modes online you have to use more strategy thatn regular deathmatch games.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
while it does get very repetitive (unless u play search and destroy which i personally believe takes the most skill) , its a fun casual shooter , that comes down to who is more mentally aware, rather than shooting (one shot kill almost all the time doesn't take alot of effort in aiming).
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

Everything about COD4 is great except the campaign

valttu

fixed for the truth.

KzJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KzJoe
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

COD is great becuse u can no scope your friends in the face and then at school you can rub it in their face

Dafreewurld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50 Dafreewurld
Member since 2009 • 111 Posts

Great online play(though repetitive) and the first modern Call of Duty game.