What was your first addiction game?

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

For me it was Monster Rancher 2, Man I loved that game.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
[QUOTE="kevy619"]

[QUOTE="bulmung1"]socom 2 ftw i played that game so much that i would buy new games and then return them because i would never get around to play them i had over 1000 hours on my butter stick name and and about 300 hours on my captain name i will always say socom 2 was the greatest game of all time DeltoidRecon

Socom? Where are all these socom fans coming from? There are much better games...

Well to be honest, Socom pretty much paved the way for online gaming (seeing that it was the first online shooter for consoles that actually worked at the time), so its really not a like Halo is to Xbox as Socom is to Playstation, but more of the stepping stone for what future online shooters should be. Socom imo was near perfect despite the hackers and absence of friends lists and such. It actually made its gamers more of a community without these features because clan members would set up times to all play together and what server to get in. I knew some people who would actually share cell numbers with clan members who've they never met, but play with for such a long time that they were practically best friends and of course there was always xfire/aim/yahoo/etc.

As any Socom gamer will tell you, Socom was never about fancy graphics (GRAW) or high tech gadgets (RSV), but it was always about out smarting your opponent with the limited resources (no maps and no laser designation devices) that was at hand. So I don't care if you hate Sony with every fiber of your bone, you need to experience a ground breaking game.

Whew sorry bout the long post I just felt like I just had to pay my respects to the game that started my life as a online gamer and sadly a hardcore gamer at that :D hehe.

I actually still play Socom 1 from time to time and I'm still loving it more than RSV or GRAW2 and Socom 2-3.

*Please take note that I'm saying that Socom games are l337 over all other games, I was just expressing my opinion about a game that I felt influenced my life (if I never played Socom I wouldn't be interested in videogames/airsoft/military based stuff). Remember theres a reason why I don't play Socom 1-3 as much anymore..

I was playing Unreal Tournament at the time, lol. I like the Halo/Unreal Tournament style of multiplayer. Rainbow 6 is good, but it isnt what I want in a game. Earlier i said my first addictive game was Ninja Gaiden, come to think of it NHL '94 on the genesis was the first game I was really addicted too.

dasanbei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 dasanbei
Member since 2004 • 59 Posts
You got that right. Socom 1 & 2 were the best games ever back in the day...that's what started it off for me as well. We'll see how Socom: Confrontation fares off on the PS3...Not to hate on the 360 or anything...the upcoming lineup for 360 will make me want to drop out of school...forever.
blindsight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 blindsight4
Member since 2005 • 109 Posts
Star Craft...i mean come on people, when people have died playing this game you know there's a lot of addiction involved.
55centv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 55centv2
Member since 2004 • 287 Posts
super mario 64
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

Star Craft...i mean come on people, when people have died playing this game you know there's a lot of addiction involved.blindsight4

StarCraft was the first true killer app. Haha, drum roll please.

Avatar image for stewiegriffin20
stewiegriffin20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107 stewiegriffin20
Member since 2005 • 253 Posts

[QUOTE="DeltoidRecon"]Socom: US Navy Seals for the PS2. Man those were good times..JMart0492

Hug me brother! Definitly Socom or Socom 2 for me.

dude i lost so much of my life to that game

Avatar image for stewiegriffin20
stewiegriffin20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#108 stewiegriffin20
Member since 2005 • 253 Posts

socom 2 ftw i played that game so much that i would buy new games and then return them because i would never get around to play them i had over 1000 hours on my butter stick name and and about 300 hours on my captain name i will always say socom 2 was the greatest game of all time bulmung1

lol my name was Escapie 12339 got down to 155 as a captain was in the Jewish School Boys Clan, funny name, ranked 55 in the world at one point

Avatar image for RollingZeppelin
RollingZeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 RollingZeppelin
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts
Morrowind stole my life.