What. The. Frak. (500k Gamerscore)

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GFugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GFugue
Member since 2009 • 935 Posts

Could you be any more addicted?! That's the highest legitimate gamerscore I've ever seen.

Congratulations.

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

Meh, he likes getting achievements. Sure, in the end it doesn't really mean anything but neither does any other hobby. In the end it's just a way to have some fun. I guess some people are just more involved in their hobbies than others.

GFugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GFugue

Meh, he likes getting achievements. Sure, in the end it doesn't really mean anything but neither does any other hobby. In the end it's just a way to have some fun. I guess some people are just more involved in their hobbies than others.

DamianAlexander

No, you don't understand. I like getting achievements, Stallion? I don't even know a word to describe that.

And I have no intentions of getting a gamerscore that high.

DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DamianAlexander

[QUOTE="DamianAlexander"]

GFugue

No, you don't understand. I like getting achievements, Stallion? I don't even know a word to describe that.

There is always someone who likes/wants something more than you.

bitemeslippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 bitemeslippy
Member since 2005 • 1626 Posts

You've never checked out 1milliongamerscore.com before? Stallion seems like a good guy and I give him props for the dedication but he has played so many awful games I honestly have no idea how he does it to himself.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Well, you've gotta play pretty much all the games to get your score up that high. He must be a Gamefly member.
GFugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GFugue

Yup, I know. It's probably not even that fun anymore. I'd have problems with getting that much gamerscore because when I like a game, I play it a lot - like Oblivion, which, even after getting 1250 points in it, I did another 100h+ playthrough.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
What kinda job does he have to be able to afford that many games?
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Talk about dedication. But is it really worth it? He must have played a ton of crap games.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DJ_Magneto
What kinda job does he have to be able to afford that many games?codezer0
Like I said, he's probably a Gamefly member. Rents a game for the points then returns it for the next game.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#11 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
[QUOTE="codezer0"]What kinda job does he have to be able to afford that many games?DJ_Magneto
Like I said, he's probably a Gamefly member. Rents a game for the points then returns it for the next game.

It can't just be that. there aren't that many disc-based games to add up to a score like that. There has to be some XBLA games to pad up the number that high. Especially with how many there are where it would be impossible to get now on disc... particularly all those with online-only achievements. And I'm pretty sure he also has never touched FF XI, because that would require its own monthly fee and just about everything worth getting an achievement for in there would need you to grind your ass up to level 80 or so.
GFugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GFugue

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"][QUOTE="codezer0"]What kinda job does he have to be able to afford that many games?codezer0

It can't just be that. there aren't that many disc-based games to add up to a score like that. There has to be some XBLA games to pad up the number that high. Especially with how many there are where it would be impossible to get now on disc... particularly all those with online-only achievements. And I'm pretty sure he also has never touched FF XI, because that would require its own monthly fee and just about everything worth getting an achievement for in there would need you to grind your ass up to level 80 or so.

He buys a few arcade games, sure -- you don't need to be rich to get a bunch. Fifty bucks = 4k MSP. If you spend US$500,00 on arcade games you can probably get around 50k MSP (Promotions, etc.) and gamefly the rest. And you wouldn't believe the amount of obscure xbox 360 titles there are out there...

gc88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gc88
Member since 2009 • 713 Posts

How much time could you have to get that many achievements? Any person doing a 9 to 5 job couldn't have the time to get all that. That's insane

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJ_Magneto

How much time could you have to get that many achievements? Any person doing a 9 to 5 job couldn't have the time to get all that. That's insane

gc88
This probably is his job. From his blog, it sounds like he does nothing all through the day besides hunt down achievements.
HGAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 HGAT
Member since 2008 • 1366 Posts

When you say you have no intention on ever getting that gamer score dude, what happens if Microsoftand Sonyimport all our profiles next gen?

I know what you mean and I will probably never get that high either but I will be seriously peeved if either Microsoft or Sony don't import our gamer profiles next gen.

GFugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GFugue

When you say you have no intention on ever getting that gamer score dude, what happens if Microsoftand Sonyimport all our profiles next gen?

I know what you mean and I will probably never get that high either but I will be seriously peeved if either Microsoft or Sony don't import our gamer profiles next gen.

HGAT

They most likely will import the gamer profiles. The Xbox Live is already estabilished as a good service, why would they start over and make a new one when they can simply improve the current one to the new console?

But even if they went through another five generations of consoles, I don't see myself getting 500k Gamerscore.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#17 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
There have been a few articles about him. He's trying to get 1,000,000.
HGAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 HGAT
Member since 2008 • 1366 Posts

Yeah your right dude.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I feel bad for him.. seems like he's putting himself through this simply to show that he can. How could you ever enjoy gaming if it was your job to get up every morning and grind achievements all day every single day? I would get so sick of it to the point where I wasn't enjoying myself. This isn't gaming, this is a chore now for him.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DJ_Magneto
I feel bad for him.. seems like he's putting himself through this simply to show that he can. How could you ever enjoy gaming if it was your job to get up every morning and grind achievements all day every single day? I would get so sick of it to the point where I wasn't enjoying myself. This isn't gaming, this is a chore now for him.wwervin
Unless he has other people fill in for him occasionally. Maybe he isn't one guy.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="GFugue"]

DamianAlexander

That is incorrect sir.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#22 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

It would really suck for Stallion if microsoft decided to zap the GS for the next system...uggh

DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DamianAlexander

[QUOTE="GFugue"]

firefox59

That is incorrect sir.

How so?

Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#24 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
I've been following his blog for a while. He's very dedicated. Kudos to him.
radonblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#25 radonblue
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts
Wow that's crazy
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#26 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Wow. Some might say the guy has way too much free time on his hands. Does he have a job or school?

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
I didn't even know you could get 500k gamerscore :?
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
I feel like this guy doesnt play games for the enjoyment anymore but just plays anything and everything that comes out in an attempt to gain gamerscore. i feel like when you play bad movie tie ins, a bunch of japanese games, and kiddie games, of which comprise most of your list, all to 100%, it just convolutes everything else.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I feel like this guy doesnt play games for the enjoyment anymore but just plays anything and everything that comes out in an attempt to gain gamerscore. i feel like when you play bad movie tie ins, a bunch of japanese games, and kiddie games, of which comprise most of your list, all to 100%, it just convolutes everything else.mattg90520
It must be fun to him ask anyone that tries to go for all of the achievements. They enjoy it so he must just REALLY enjoy it.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

DamianAlexander

That is incorrect sir.

How so?

Just in general when it comes to personal things like a wife/girlfriend or even a dog. And for some people they'd give up anything for certain objects that aren't people. I just don't really like absolute statements like that, that's all.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

come on then, 1v1

[spoiler] :lol: jk [/spoiler]

R0NIIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 R0NIIN
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

500k....lol I'm struggling to reach 20k!

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"][QUOTE="codezer0"]What kinda job does he have to be able to afford that many games?codezer0

Sorry but you are wrong. There are over 600 disc based Xbox 360 games and that's not including the DLC most games get. Then there's over 150 arcade games.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I thought my gamerscore was too big...

DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DamianAlexander

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

That is incorrect sir.

firefox59

How so?

Just in general when it comes to personal things like a wife/girlfriend or even a dog. And for some people they'd give up anything for certain objects that aren't people. I just don't really like absolute statements like that, that's all.

Just because you don't like absolute statements doesn't make them false.

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#36 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

I'm impressed!! Got to give credit where credit is due!!!

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
ypure assuing he has a job....
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
What kinda job does he have that allows him to devote that much time to gaming?
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

I've seen people who had 100k gs back in late 07.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="DamianAlexander"]

How so?

DamianAlexander

Actually, yeah, and I gave examples. In the scientific world there is no such thing as an absolute statement.
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DamianAlexander

[QUOTE="firefox59"] Just in general when it comes to personal things like a wife/girlfriend or even a dog. And for some people they'd give up anything for certain objects that aren't people. I just don't really like absolute statements like that, that's all.firefox59

Actually, yeah, and I gave examples. In the scientific world there is no such thing as an absolute statement.

That's because none has ever been made. Also, scientifically we live in a universe of infinite randomness. So yes, that statement is true.

paradiggam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 paradiggam
Member since 2010 • 71 Posts

oh yeah, philosophy 101 solipsistic discussion! How about this one; nothing can be explained that can be eventually explained with enough time. You know, after everything, everyone dies, and no one can tell all the universes have ended infinite infinities ago. Oh sweet baby jesus, but then there are always ghosts, aren't there? Ghosts of universes, dimensions, existence!

I feel the same way as you guys feel about this achievement loser about the people that play competitive FPS 40-50 hours a week and then they say they enjoy it. They just get a weird geeky macho braggy thing when they kill noobs. Not that killing noobs is fun for them, because it has become boring for them for the past 1000 game play hours they've dedicated. No, even though they will never ever ever admit it to themselves or others or to their grandparents underwear, they do it because there is some social national male validation. You know american dream, work hard, succeed by dominating- like that dear Mexican dog whisperer would say-, imposing yourself and your will on people, killing everyone more than they kill you, kill everyone before they kill you and your kind ( drop atomic bombs (designed and engineered by Nazi "defectors") on a gay enola plane, to end a war that you've only been involved in for 10 minutes and have suffered the massive casualty of your ego in Pearl Harbor -such a dirty Japanese surprise trick, like Final Fantasy- but don't worry: "All the American people are good and decent people, hell everyone is a 9/11 fireman hogy hero!) meet the Kardashians, talk racist jive with Mel Gibson, hot knobs with Ann Coulter, Charlston Heston and Cheech Marin in a Hollywood party sponsored by Christopher Nolan, Michael Moore, Peter Jackson and Jackson Pollock's spirit that has been just recently resurrected by the ghost of john cassevete's frustration for the crap movies his son makes. (ya know "The notebook", for kids..you know!).

ALL OF THIS IS TRUE

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
im pretty sure he has been in the top 10 of gamerscore since the release of the 360...i think
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Whoa this guy is a loser! Yet here we all are on a social gaming forum talking about video games.
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Kudos to him then.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 firefox59

DamianAlexander

That's because none has ever been made. Also, scientifically we live in a universe of infinite randomness. So yes, that statement is true.

Ty for proving my point in your first sentence ;). And there will come a point when the universe reaches its limit and collapses in on itself, therefore it's not infinitely random. While entropy is random, nothing is infinite other than time itself.
billyd5301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 billyd5301
Member since 2008 • 1572 Posts

Sorry to be a hater here, but that is completely not awesome. Yeah, some of us played some games we aren't proud of in the early days of the 360. For me at least it was based on two things: A. I own a video game store and I limit myself to playing what I get traded in used or something I deemed worthy of buying new. And B. There weren't that many games in the early days. So yeah, I played Pimp My Ride, andgot my 100 points or whatever, then a decent game came out and I never touched that garbage again. If someone wants to play awful games like Over GFightersfor achievements, then I figure to each his own.

The true shame is that to have a gamerscore that big, you couldn't make me believe that he actually enjoys the GREAT games that are out there. There is no achievement for hitting prestige in MW2 with your friends. I am sure he doesn't take the time to actually explore the world of Fallout 3. The genius behind games like Deadly Premonition is totally lost on someone doing that as well. It's really just like rushing through every possible game to get the score in the cheapest possible way. There is no honor in that, and I'm sorry, but he can own every one of the games on his list personally, but I still wouldn't call him a gamer.

And as most of us early achievment hunters learned, MS doesn't care. I was in the top 20 for about the first year of 360 just due to having all of the games and playing them as they slowly came out. What I got for that was an Old Spice theme and the Contra Arcade game. So, yeah he can hit a million, but in the end all he really gets is 50 extra pounds of weight, 1/10 of his life down the toilet, and the fact that he missed some of the most in depth games to date because he wanted to beat them in a day.

Evolution-X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 Evolution-X0
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
I've been following his blog for a while. He's very dedicated. Kudos to him.Alex3796
got a link to his blog?
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="Alex3796"]I've been following his blog for a while. He's very dedicated. Kudos to him.Evolution-X0
got a link to his blog?

call me crazy, but what is the point of putting your gamertag in your sig if you have privacy settings enabled?
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts

Just in general when it comes to personal things like a wife/girlfriend or even a dog. And for some people they'd give up anything for certain objects that aren't people. I just don't really like absolute statements like that, that's all.firefox59

2+2 will always equal 4 that is an absolute therefore your statement is false. on topic though. i like achievements its a cheap thrill but no way in hell could i ever get 500k maybe if i never ever replayed a game ever. and ive achievement whored a few times really its the only way to get all 1000 points. also getting all 1000 feels like you finnally beat the game 100% but still that said 500k seriously WTH. step outside man.