What makes fallout 3 so good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

I have never played the earlier ones and i havent played this one yet but im starting to think of buying it everybody i know is recommending it to me but the thing thats stoping me is that the fact that it is an RPG I love certain RPGs like turn based RPGs I enjoy but what makes this RPG so good?

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

It was made by bethesda.lol. but it has a really fun environment to explore.tons of missions and a great storyline.

petros753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 petros753
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts

It will. Become your favorite game.

LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
its only RPG in the way that you can upgrade certain aspects of your character...i.e. strength, intelligence, and numerous skills...it really is an amazing game all around!!! TONS and TONS of hours of playing
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
They definitely acheived their goal of making you feel like you're living in a post apocolyptic wasteland. And if you get into all of the side plots, and decide to really explore the different areas in depth and make them safe again, then the game can last for hundreds of hours. Oh, and I would recommend only playing at night, while you're alone and in the dark. I play it this way, and it's downright scary IMO...
Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts

It will. Become your favorite game.

petros753
This.
hawksie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hawksie
Member since 2008 • 188 Posts
Do you also like FPS? If you do, then it's a safe bet you will enjoy Fallout 3.
MFmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 MFmotion
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts
Great Storyline, awesome music, FPS & RPG... love it. Just play and you'll see. _.-_
triptiger94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 triptiger94
Member since 2009 • 259 Posts

personally didnt like it but there is another rpg borderlands coming out in ocober i think....it looks kinda cool i will problably pick it up....4 player co-op 2

Slashfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Slashfan10
Member since 2008 • 1242 Posts

I like turn based RPG's too, and what appealed to me with this is the VATS system for combat. It makes it fun for me because I am not very good at shooters.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts
I picked it up when it was released and had fun with it for awhile but eventually became bored and sold it. I then kept hearing about all the great aspects of it that I missed so I figured I'd buy it again for cheap and try it again, with no change. I love RPGs as well, but for some reason fallout 3 wasn't a big deal to me. I did love oblivion though, so if u haven't played that, I recommend it!
TheGabe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheGabe101
Member since 2003 • 4154 Posts

Fallout is an exceptionally atmospheric game with a good amount of missions and interesting sidestories. I quickly grew bored of it after the main quest was completed and ended up trading in, but I regret the move somewhat with the heaps of DLC out. I'll pick it up again for cheap.

However, it seems to be somewhat of a love/hate game. I know numerous people who loved Oblivion and hated Fallout, and I attribute this to two thing. One is the gloomy setting, which can make it difficult to play at times in comparison to Oblivions fantasy setting, which is my setting of choice for RPGs. Two is a bit of a feeling of linearity as compared to Oblivion, but I know that this has likely changed due to all the DLC, and Mothership Zeta looks awesome. I also didn't like the character customization as much as Bethseda's past games, but thats not to say its still not very good.

And this is all in comparison to Oblivion, which I feel paled GREATLY in comparison to Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. If you have a PC, I'm tellin ya, thats the game to pick up. It has not aged one bit and has 3x the depth of Fallout 3 and Oblivion combined.

However, I still reccomend FO, its one of the best RPGs of this RPG-weak gen.

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

it's fun as hell to explore. it's mysterious. it has a ton of replay value. best weapons in a game, ever.

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

I picked it up when it was released and had fun with it for awhile but eventually became bored and sold it. I then kept hearing about all the great aspects of it that I missed so I figured I'd buy it again for cheap and try it again, with no change. I love RPGs as well, but for some reason fallout 3 wasn't a big deal to me. I did love oblivion though, so if u haven't played that, I recommend it!topher78714

fallout 3 rapes oblivion every night.

_Doomsayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 _Doomsayer_
Member since 2008 • 18616 Posts
For me, it's the atmosphere. It reminded me so much of The Road.
hawksie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hawksie
Member since 2008 • 188 Posts
Fallout 3 > Oblivion IMO.
_Doomsayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 _Doomsayer_
Member since 2008 • 18616 Posts

[QUOTE="LessThanMike"]its only RPG in the way that you can upgrade certain aspects of your character...i.e. strength, intelligence, and numerous skills...it really is an amazing game all around!!! TONS and TONS of hours of playing mimic-Denmark

I guees you havent played Vampire Bloodlines?

Ah, Bloodlines. One of my favorites.
ShadowedSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShadowedSight
Member since 2008 • 1902 Posts

I think just the face that the eniviroment changes is good enough for me.

For instance all of the sudden mercenaries pop out and try to Rocket Launch me.

And it just has so much stuff to explore and do.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I have never played the earlier ones and i havent played this one yet but im starting to think of buying it everybody i know is recommending it to me but the thing thats stoping me is that the fact that it is an RPG I love certain RPGs like turn based RPGs I enjoy but what makes this RPG so good?

DavidRswii
Lol, another one of these topics? People like different games, why is that so hard to understand?
Televisionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Televisionary
Member since 2007 • 178 Posts

It's probably the most atmospheric game of all time. It provides hours upon hours of gameplay and storyline advancement. Missions galore, with a strong element of open-world gameplay. The game area itself is huge.