What do games mean to you?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Paramore289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Paramore289
Member since 2008 • 389 Posts

Basically are they just a past-time for when your bored. A chill out method for you after a hard days work? You simply will make time to play your games since you consider yourself a gamer.

To me, I've gamed since I was about 5 years old and used various consoles. I will make sure that I've played my xbox at least once in the day, normally in the morning or later at night if I'm busy during the day. I will go out my way to try and get the most from my games as well so that my moneys not just gone down the drain.

Thats just me though, I wanna know what you people think as well.

spirit_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 spirit_777
Member since 2010 • 116 Posts

i play games for fun, like some people watch tv or play sport. Ive been playing games since my youth and sometimes its nice to play a game to experience what it would be like to be a hero ect...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

They mean a whole lot. Games are a great way to enjoy yourself and have great fun. It's also sweet when you invite friends over and have a game night, really is a blast. The games that really stand out are the ones that really draw you into their stories and engage the player into it's universe. As the previous poster also said, its just something we enjoy doing, it's like a hobby.

killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

my life

Big-Shamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Big-Shamrock
Member since 2010 • 688 Posts
They're a game.
Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

For fun or a challenge.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

there an addiction

luc11044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 luc11044
Member since 2004 • 4606 Posts

Games keep me out of trouble... :) Some people golf, watch sports ormovies, play cards, go out drinking in bars...I like to play games. It's my favorite thing to do...by far.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Games keep me out of trouble... :) Some people golf, watch sports ormovies, play cards, go out drinking in bars...I like to play games. It's my favorite thing to do...by far.

luc11044
do all of those things, except drinking is just for weekends :) its been tough to fit gaming in, havent had as much time for it as i would have liked, but thats life, its all about adapting and taking care of the things that MUST be done first
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Gamer!!!

i play video games because i want to have fun T baging noobs!

if i'm not watching a good ass movie that can hold me for more then 20 min's i'm playing, if i'm not laying in bed i'm playing if i'm not wokring i'm playing if i'm not on the computer im playing

idk how else put it

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Just a hobby. 2hours/day is enough. Real life already consumes all my time.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Their my second favorite hobby and I play daily although I am starting to get a little bored.

erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 erickb1983
Member since 2010 • 315 Posts

always played games since i was 5 year old and dont really see myself stopping anytime soon

Brother_Tevis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Brother_Tevis
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts

They're life-savers.

killbillc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killbillc12
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
a way to spent my free time
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Some people draw/paint/sculpt, some people play an instrument, I play video games.

Paramore289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Paramore289
Member since 2008 • 389 Posts

They're life-savers.

Brother_Tevis
May I ask how?! This has to be the oddest response to this question ever! lol
agentdandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 agentdandb
Member since 2006 • 5891 Posts

Video games is my fave past time. I use it also to escape the world, to get away from my problems. I also use it to distract me from my problems.

I've been playing video games since I was 3 years old, back in 1997. Now I am 16. Games are a BIG part of my life. And will always stay like that. I play at least 2 hours a night.

cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

I consider myself a hardcore gamer. All this means to me is that gaming is my #1 hobby. I invest a lot in gaming. Both time and money. And I spend a lot of time discussuing and researching games.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
It gives me an escape from reality. Whatever problems are going on in my life, I know that when I play a game I become someone important who has a solution to a seemingly impossible problem.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

A release from reality for the most part. It's become part of the day to just act as a muse and get away from life.

The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

All good answers thus far.

For me its to relax after a days work and unwind. Roughly about an hour or so a day keeps the crazy away I say. Its also how I like to spend some of my free time. I have been playing since I was about 5 years old which is also when I beat the first Legend of Zelda, after that I was hooked.

I have been playing ever since, and will be playing as long as I have thumbs and consciousness, because even if the games of the future end up being terrible, we'll always have the classics.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
They mean a lot to me. Its everything from simple enjoyment to stress relief. I'm a real gamer... Hate casuals. You don't have to waste your life in front of the boob tube to be a real gamer IMO you just need a love for it. Its the same infatuation "True Car Guys" have with automobiles. It's an art & science to them, and thats how I look at gaming... @TC, good topic.
rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rawrB
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

do all of those things, except drinking is just for weekends :) its been tough to fit gaming in, havent had as much time for it as i would have liked, but thats life, its all about adapting and taking care of the things that MUST be done first

no offence dude but it says your gamerscore on your sig... 50 k ? cant be that hard lol

and for me its a social thing in the weeknights for me and my friends after work, just chill an chat and shoot stuff up. and on sundays we tend to play all day due to the night before and too hung over to do anything gaming is awsome cure lol younger gamers will soon see ha

dissembled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dissembled
Member since 2003 • 357 Posts

I see games as an art form. Art allows the expression of people's own interpretations of reality and even abstract worlds and the like. Viewing art for me is an unorthodox method of getting inside people's heads. Same with games.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
A means of an escape (from reality) temporarily. A hobby. A serious hobby.. lol
Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

I use it as a way to kill time if I don't have anything important to do.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="luc11044"]

very true...whenever i get a chance to play games i do so
lakersfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lakersfan576
Member since 2010 • 70 Posts

Gaming is one of my passions and just relaxes me. I love it and do not plan on quitting anytime soon.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

If I couldn't unwind at the end of the day and light up a fat ass bong and play L4D2 or MW2 I would probably kill someone.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

They mean everything to me.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

Just like how some people Read Books , Watch Tv i like to play a good Game Get lost in the story and all that fun stuff .

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] do all of those things, except drinking is just for weekends :) its been tough to fit gaming in, havent had as much time for it as i would have liked, but thats life, its all about adapting and taking care of the things that MUST be done firstrawrB

no offence dude but it says your gamerscore on your sig... 50 k ? cant be that hard lol

and for me its a social thing in the weeknights for me and my friends after work, just chill an chat and shoot stuff up. and on sundays we tend to play all day due to the night before and too hung over to do anything gaming is awsome cure lol younger gamers will soon see ha

havent played my 360 in two weeks, also have had my 360 for over 4 years. 50K over 4 years is 12500 per year, which is about 1K per month. Not ridiculously hard to finish 1 game per month

Brother_Tevis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Brother_Tevis
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts

[QUOTE="Brother_Tevis"]

They're life-savers.

Paramore289

May I ask how?! This has to be the oddest response to this question ever! lol

Just entirely literally, like, I would not be alive right now if it weren't for them. I had no other hobby or medium of escape/connection growing up. Without games, I wouldn't have any friends, I would have never been with any girls. I probably wouldn't even talk to girls. I would be lonely, bored and pathetic. And moreover, dead.

Milad360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Milad360
Member since 2010 • 93 Posts
i want to forget my real life even for 2 hours!!!!!
Loudli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Loudli
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

hobby/stress relieiver/funnnnnn!...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

If I couldn't unwind at the end of the day and light up a fat ass bong and play L4D2 or MW2 I would probably kill someone.

Headpopper333

Haha i lol'd. Best response so far :D

kellydee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kellydee
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
Yeah, I've been playing games since I was little.They kinda consumed all my other hobbies. I can not imagine not playing them now, they kinda have just became part of my life.
MystikRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MystikRex
Member since 2010 • 324 Posts
I play video games for the enjoyment, fun and escapism you just don't get from any other form of media. It's a hobby but it's been a hobby since I was very young. I don't take things seriously and can't stand it when people do and have to prove themselves in a game. Just play the damn thing and have fun, who cares about being top of a leaderboard.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#40 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

The buzzer rings...I open my eyes and...oh crap...I am running late for work. Get up, brush teeth, get dresses and rush out the door. Oh man, i forgot something. Rush back in the apartment. I cant see anything in the darkness (after all it is 5.30 am) , stepped on my dog a couple of time (what is she doing on the floor anyway, damn it) but i am looking for my PSP bag with the handheld and Fifa 10 in it. I cant leave without it, what the heck am i going to do in my break?

Finally, locate the carrying case. Rush out the door, get in my car and turn on the radio. Switch to "CD" and what is playing. Oh yeah, Silent Hill Origins Soundtrack CD. Nice way to start a day of work..."IS IT LONELY WHERE YOU ARE....."

Driving, driving, driving..

Got to work, login to my PC, work for an hour, oh wait i forgot something again...Damn you Bethesda and your addicting Fallout 3....Login to Gamespot's account...Turn my head left then right, nobody is watching. YESSSS. Let's post a bit....Post Post Post...Crap, somebody is coming...Minimize Gamespot's website quick....Nobody saw anything. As far as my boss is concerned i am working, writing code and fixing problems...Yeah right, it think about Morrigan at this moment...Man she's got beautiful eyes...

There you go again...It is 12 pm, lunch break. More of a Fifa 10 break for me. I go outside, hide in my car and play Fifa 10 for an hour. Go back to work or should i say posting on Gamespot...

Ok, it is 3pm...Finally, time to abandon this "Godforsaken Hellhole" and travel to Ferelden. Man, Don't i feel like Two-Face? Half a day - a white-collar hard worker and blogger, and the rest of the day - well, whatever the heck i want. An elf in Ferelden or a bad-a** in the Wasteland, anything i want...

"Gamer...gamer never changes"

Back to reality:

Well if this does not answer the question about what video games mean to me then i guess you did not read it thoroughly.

Deccode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Deccode
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
F.U.N.
HitmanHugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HitmanHugh
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts

Video games are my love affair.

JW-toch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JW-toch
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

Entertainment.

DeadSarow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 DeadSarow
Member since 2009 • 493 Posts

Video Games have been a staple in my life. Since I was two years of age, video games swarmed my thoughts. I may not be old, but I have fond moments playing the Atari and the NES. Once the N64 came out, I was hooked. I played Legend of Zelda OoT, Super Smash Bros., Diddy Kong Racing... Video Games got me through a tough day, gave me relaxation, and above all, gave me fun. I have memories of playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on my Gamecube, and playing Halo: Combat Evolved on my Xbox, then Skate. on my Xbox 360. I still am making memories. So, Video Games are an integral part to my life, and I wouldn't be the same person if they were never invented. LONG LIVE THE AGE OF VIDEO GAMES!

kinectionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kinectionz
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts
Good question. It gives me a good way to relax after a long day, or just to unwind if im stressed out for any reason at all. If you are playing a good game, you don't have to think about or pay attention to real life problems or stresses so much, which is definitely nice.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

they're fun thats why i'm a gamer.

Hackers90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hackers90
Member since 2009 • 939 Posts

The buzzer rings...I open my eyes and...oh crap...I am running late for work. Get up, brush teeth, get dresses and rush out the door. Oh man, i forgot something. Rush back in the apartment. I cant see anything in the darkness (after all it is 5.30 am) , stepped on my dog a couple of time (what is she doing on the floor anyway, damn it) but i am looking for my PSP bag with the handheld and Fifa 10 in it. I cant leave without it, what the heck am i going to do in my break?

Finally, locate the carrying case. Rush out the door, get in my car and turn on the radio. Switch to "CD" and what is playing. Oh yeah, Silent Hill Origins Soundtrack CD. Nice way to start a day of work..."IS IT LONELY WHERE YOU ARE....."

Driving, driving, driving..

Got to work, login to my PC, work for an hour, oh wait i forgot something again...Damn you Bethesda and your addicting Fallout 3....Login to Gamespot's account...Turn my head left then right, nobody is watching. YESSSS. Let's post a bit....Post Post Post...Crap, somebody is coming...Minimize Gamespot's website quick....Nobody saw anything. As far as my boss is concerned i am working, writing code and fixing problems...Yeah right, it think about Morrigan at this moment...Man she's got beautiful eyes...

There you go again...It is 12 pm, lunch break. More of a Fifa 10 break for me. I go outside, hide in my car and play Fifa 10 for an hour. Go back to work or should i say posting on Gamespot...

Ok, it is 3pm...Finally, time to abandon this "Godforsaken Hellhole" and travel to Ferelden. Man, Don't i feel like Two-Face? Half a day - a white-collar hard worker and blogger, and the rest of the day - well, whatever the heck i want. An elf in Ferelden or a bad-a** in the Wasteland, anything i want...

"Gamer...gamer never changes"

Back to reality:

Well if this does not answer the question about what video games mean to me then i guess you did not read it thoroughly.

EvilSelf
That was perhaps the most enjoyable and entertaining post I have ever viewed here on GS. :D
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

A think playing video games is a hobby to me.

Assassin_73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Assassin_73
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts

I played since 5,too and i wont stop that a day!Thats a real adiction 4 me and im in love with gaming,actually!!