Well, im going back to gears 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 sk8erwarlock
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts

Well, after playing Gears 2 for the day, my friends are pretty much thinking of going back to Gears 1 becuase of how many MORE chainsaw noobs are in Gears 2 than 1[ not to say they're without them], the stupid smoke grenade, and how much more fair challenging Gears 1 is. I also like the Achievments in Number 1 better, now if you flame me for posting gears 2 as my GOTY, when i wrote it the problems of 2 really werent too noticable and now they are. If anyone wants to maybe play Gears 1 with me please send me and friend request. Gamertag is in my sig.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
I sold Gears of War 2 already. I liked the campaign/co op, but the multiplayer just pissed me off. I dont get upset over any other game, but Gears/Gears 2 just has a way of making me want to throw the game.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Well have fun, ill continue playing gears 2
sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sk8erwarlock

I sold Gears of War 2 already. I liked the campaign/co op, but the multiplayer just pissed me off. I dont get upset over any other game, but Gears/Gears 2 just has a way of making me want to throw the game. Morning_Revival

I underdstand where your coming from, but it's still very satisfy for me to just shotty guys to pieces

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
Im gonna stick with Gears 2.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts

[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"]I sold Gears of War 2 already. I liked the campaign/co op, but the multiplayer just pissed me off. I dont get upset over any other game, but Gears/Gears 2 just has a way of making me want to throw the game. sk8erwarlock

I underdstand where your coming from, but it's still very satisfy for me to just shotty guys to pieces

No argument there haha, but I prefer to do it in Fear xP
ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
single player was great, online horrible
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
single player was great, online horriblencderek
I was wondering, is the single player is good enough to warrant the 60 dollars. I'd like to buy the game but I've heard the single-player wasn't that great and I don't bother with the multiplayer.
wavey_gravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 wavey_gravey
Member since 2007 • 11155 Posts
[QUOTE="ncderek"]single player was great, online horribleCanvas_Of_Flesh
I was wondering, is the single player is good enough to warrant the 60 dollars. I'd like to buy the game but I've heard the single-player wasn't that great and I don't bother with the multiplayer.

I really enjoyed the single player campaign. Thought it was quite exhilirating in places.
JGINQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JGINQ
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

Not sure if I understand where you're coming from with this chainsaw rant man.. it's a valid attack and it wouldn't make a difference if you're playing Gears 1 or 2.

If a guy get's close enough to chainsaw you, either he pulled it off on his own or you let him.

silver6bullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 silver6bullet
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts
The chainsaw is overpowered. No weapon can counter it (stopping power). Advice: Don't rush in and get pulled in by it. It's that simple. RUN!!!!
ihaveabu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ihaveabu
Member since 2003 • 849 Posts
lol the chainsaw difference in gow1 and 2 was that in gow1 u had to hold the b button longer for the chainsaw to work. if that feels imbalaced, go mash the b button faster. all these 12 and 13 year olds complain bout how much online sucks, but that's only cuz it's not as easy to play as say halo 3. gow1 and 2 are both shotty fests, and i didn't have a problem w/ either, even before the massive gow2 patch. the only thing w/ gow2 is it's occasional slow matchup speed. takes 5-10 min. but it doesn't happen often
sugrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 sugrim
Member since 2004 • 880 Posts
Well i find it a very good game surpassing part 1 in many different aspects if u dont like it thats ur problem i know many ppl who are going to be playing this all the way untill part 3 or maybe even beyond ????@@#$$$
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#14 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

I initially quit playing the game because of how ridiculously glitchy it was. I even vowed not to play it till a patch was applied. But by the time the patch came around no one on my friendlist was even playing it any more.

I played it, it seems for the most part fixed. However, smoke grenades anoy the hell out of me and with no one to play it with but it's terrible, terrible community(much worse than even Call of Duty), I don't see myself playing it anymore after this sweepstakes thats running ends.

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#15 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
I no longer own Gears 1.. but I think the online of both of them kinda sucked... but I think I like Gears 2 better in the long run... even the achievements are well thought out
PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
[QUOTE="ihaveabu"] the only thing w/ gow2 is it's occasional slow matchup speed. takes 5-10 min. but it doesn't happen often

5-10 min? i have a 20mb dl/20mb ul speed and no NAT warnings and I STILL take 15+ minutes per matchmaking
Enman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Enman1
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

Not sure if I understand where you're coming from with this chainsaw rant man.. it's a valid attack and it wouldn't make a difference if you're playing Gears 1 or 2.

If a guy get's close enough to chainsaw you, either he pulled it off on his own or you let him.

JGINQ
This
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

ok first off, if you get killled by a chainsaw, theres no way the guy is a noob, that means instead of running you stood there and let him chainsaw you,

god, its like i hear these noob rants both in halo 3 and gears..:|

Kalthecgos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kalthecgos
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="ncderek"]single player was great, online horribleCanvas_Of_Flesh

rent.
makhlouta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 makhlouta
Member since 2005 • 97 Posts

I dont' get it!

i mean multiplyer is kidna important but OMG the single player mode is absolutly amazing!

why do u guys give os much importance for multiplayer gaming? i mean look at the bright side this game was made essentially ( as most games) to play the story!!!!!!!

i know poeple who don't even finish a gaem and start playing on live...wht's with that?

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
I love both games, but prefer the multiplayer in Gears of War over Gears of War 2
vmfstorm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 vmfstorm1
Member since 2005 • 300 Posts
Yeah really, kinda agree that online multiplayer shouldn't really matter. Back in the day you actually had to have FRIENDS, a MULTI-TAP and a game that was able to support more than one player on the same system. It's getting ridiculous that there is absolutely nothing save from Tony Hawk, Skate and sport games taht have a great co-op/local multiplayer. GOW 2 had horde and a great campaign, why should it matter if multiplayer is lacking in some area. And also keep in mind that most gamers are cheap little 12 yewar olds that just love sniping and using cheap weapons to make them look better.
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
Gears 1 has all the same issues as Gears 2, the whole problem is that Epic never bothered to fix them.....plus they just patched Gears 2 and itis running a lot more smoothly now. But, hey, if you want to play an older game with all the same problems go for it.
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
Yeah really, kinda agree that online multiplayer shouldn't really matter. Back in the day you actually had to have FRIENDS, a MULTI-TAP and a game that was able to support more than one player on the same system. It's getting ridiculous that there is absolutely nothing save from Tony Hawk, Skate and sport games taht have a great co-op/local multiplayer. GOW 2 had horde and a great campaign, why should it matter if multiplayer is lacking in some area. And also keep in mind that most gamers are cheap little 12 yewar olds that just love sniping and using cheap weapons to make them look better.vmfstorm1
Wow, man, this is one of the most bitter posts I have seen for a while. I have FRIENDS, as you put it, but I still enjoy playing with my Xbox friends online when I have time at home. It's really no different to me than talking to a friend on the phone as I do something, so I fail to see the issue. And not all gamers are 12 year olds.... that is about the most inaccurate thing I have ever heard. Most gamers are between 20-25. If you don't believe me look up the data yourself. I am 22, in college, married, and with a job. I am about as far from a "cheap 12 year old" as you can get, and I routinely play with people who are 35 and over. So please keep the broad, generalizing judgements to yourself. Oh, and you weren't the first one to say "If you want peace, prepare for war", so take the me off of your sig and replace it with Vegetius.
phlynhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 phlynhy
Member since 2004 • 790 Posts
I am right there with you man. Gears 2 is just wretched. Horrid horrible bad. It pains me because Gears 1 is one of my all time cherished games.
sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sk8erwarlock
Wait, a couple posts above this said that 12 and 13 years only complain bout gears becuase its harder than halo, thats not what im saying, im going to gears 1 becuase of how much more balanced the game feels and how the people are a bit more challenging in the good way, take for example the smoke grenade does that stupid stun thing which feels really cheap and and they raised the boom shot to 3 shots instead of leaving it at 2. Im not bashing on Gears 2 in anyway people, its still a very good game with a great campaign and good multiplayer, im just saying im going back to gears 1 because i think its more balanced [multiplayer is where im coming at]
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
They were very relevant when the game was released, it's unbalanced all around.
yayyfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yayyfood
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts
yea thats why me and my friends went back to gears 1. gears 2 is just a rush to see who can get that 2 piece in first. im almost positive people melee more than they shoot. and for all those who say that 2 piece is a valid way to get kills, youre the ones who are keeping gears from being fun. all the 2 piece does is make the gameplay as repetitive as a broken record.
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#29 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts

ok first off, if you get killled by a chainsaw, theres no way the guy is a noob, that means instead of running you stood there and let him chainsaw you,

mlbslugger86
no, it means he was shooting him in the face and it did nothing because the designers at Epic are morons
RD1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RD1109
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
I like Gears Of War 2, but I effin' LOVED Gears Of War 1. I think they're both great games, but I'd have to say Gears 1 KILLS Gears 2.
RD1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RD1109
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="mlbslugger86"]

RebornInFlames

no, it means he was shooting him in the face and it did nothing because the designers at Epic are morons

HAHAHAHAHA EXACTLY!