up or down.....?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SHOEGOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SHOEGOO
Member since 2004 • 2752 Posts
in this artical...8Bit Joystick.com: Inside Source Reveal the Truth About Xbox 360 "Red Ring of Death" Failuresthe insider says its better to have your 360 vertical.more air ventalation,anyone confirm this or disprove it or have feedback?i ask because im wondering if i should bswitch to vertical?to prolong my 360's life expectinsy.
silentlord833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 silentlord833
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts
I have had my box since about four months after release, mine has been horizontal the whole time, with no problem (knocks on wood) I think the most important thing is to keep it well ventilated and clean, thats what I do and it works, but hey if you want it vertical that would work as well, just make sure it is in good conditions.
SHOEGOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SHOEGOO
Member since 2004 • 2752 Posts
anyone else?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
mines been horixontal for a year now and its been fine.
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
mine has died both ways:vertical and horizontal. It maybe better to have it vertical because it does live longer but it the end the only way to prevent the RRoD is to give it proper ventilation.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
Didn't read the article (laziness got the best of me), but I've had my Xbox 360 since launch horizontal, in a well ventilated tv stand. With that being said, I've had the RROD happen on two consoles - now being on my third. Honestly, if your console is destined to die - it will die, despite any crazy preventive measures.
Captain9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Captain9099
Member since 2005 • 96 Posts
My was horizontal and it failed, but I think it maybe just have been a just been bad luck!
sellenzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sellenzz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I am pro for horizontal. There are numerous benefits of having it this way. First there is vents on the bottom of the 360 for air flow. If you have a hard drive then it is not getting air from the top as well. So that just leaves the sides if it is standing up. Next there is the fact of heat sink paste flow. Your number one cause of broken xbox 360s. The chip gets so hot that the paste (not to be mistaken with solder) runs right off the component leaving the heat sink floating above the chip, no paste, no heat transfer. And lastly there is the disk drive. Being horizontal creates so much less stress for these so you 8) get a stuck disk tray. Im not saying your xbox will not die anyways but there are definite benefits to having it on its side. The only way to prevent it from dieing is to give it to me so I can do the proper modifications.8)