Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Titanfall

I never understood the appeal of Halo. I tried every one of them except Reach and they all left me underwhelmed.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Halo... Titanfall is a new IP and has yet to fully prove itself to me, as stale as the latest Halo games were to me, I've found that I've personally had much more fun in general with the Halo legacy .That's the keyword "so far". Let's see what Titanfall 2 brings to the table, hopefully a singleplayer campaign.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

HALO by far

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Halo. Far more team-play and depth. (Campaign, Villains, Characters etc.)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Uh Halo... by a mile.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Halo

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

It should be Destiny vs Halo.

Something similar to titanfall replacing call of duty.

And vice versa... destiny replacing halo.

Or passing on the torch, so to speak.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I say Halo. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Titanfall a lot, and I believe that they can make a very interesting storyline with it (especially with the giant creatures in the mix) but Halo just continues to set the bar for what multiplayer features should be included in every FPS game.

Titanfall should have been up to the standard of Halo 2 (in terms of content)....but I'm sure Respawn has heard the criticism, and will likely provide more content in the next installment.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

Titanfall

I never understood the appeal of Halo. I tried every one of them except Reach and they all left me underwhelmed.

It may depend on when you played them....did you play them when they were released (or near release), or did you try them out years afterward? It's hard to appreciate old games when you've been exposed to the newer games that have been influenced by them. For example, I just played MGS Snake Eater for the first time a few months ago, and despite all the critical acclaim,(and being a fan of the first Metal Gear Solid) I thought Snake Eater wasn't great at all; controls are atrocious.

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

I mean you cant really have this as a vote, there has only been one titanfall game and like multiple halo games, Halo 3 was a better game than titanfall, but i think Titanfall is better than Halo 4, thats just my opinion Halo 3 was a pretty advanced game on the Xbox 360 and changed the way we play Halo, Halo 4 didnt do much for the franchise and it was no longer part of Bungie. So to say which one is better id say Halo just because the way Halo changed multiplateyer online and how awsome halo 3 was when it came out. I played Titanfall a good amount and im pretty much done with it for now but Halo 3 had me hooked for months

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I can't chose one over the other, because they each satisfy a different itch,....and that is one of the things I like about TF, it feels fresh. Right now I'm tempted to say Halo, but it has the advantage of being a much more realized series, whereas we do not have much material with TF yet, it is just getting started, and I really like what we have seen so far.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@vpacalypse said:

Destiny isn't even out yet, we don't know if it's going to be a great game or a big pile of shit. That'd be a stupid comparison at this point of time, we've barely seen anything more than a few short minutes of gameplay for Destiny.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Halo has a great campaign , a good story and Characters , a Big universe with different Races and a History .

Titanfall is just a Multiplayer shooter .

Halo for sure

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

I love titanfall but Halo is a better shooter I was just upset with what 343 did making it more like COD but still a awesome game .

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

At the time I probably got more enjoyment out of Halo 3 and Reach, but as of right now I like Titanfall better. Halo 4 was alright but none of my friends really got into it so I never played it much after the first few weeks. I'm hoping Halo 5 will deliver, but if not there's always Titanfall 2, CoD and PvZ: Garden Warfare (no joke, I'm loving Garden Warfare!)

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Halo just has more content more variety, story mode etc. Titanfall can really grow though and become successful.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Halo... Titanfall is a new IP and has yet to fully prove itself to me

This.

to me, Halo established itself on it's campaign, and still does. The decent multi player is an added treat. TItanfall has great MP, completely failed in the campaign. It was more than "disappointing", it flat out sucked.

Titanfall has a long way to go before it can be as good as Halo imo, and hopefully any sequels don't fuel the ignorant notion that "military shooters don't need a good single player campaign" but I wouldn't hold my breath.

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

I gave Titanfall a workout for a few weeks and returned it. It just didn't have the right mix for me. Too much COD "Modern Warfare", not enough Sci. Fi. and I missed a solo game more than I thought I would.

Cupcakegirl53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cupcakegirl53
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Halo for me

DejectedDalek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DejectedDalek

Halo easily wins this battle.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#22 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Poll??????On such two games.Halo of course!!!!!!!!

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Wow really is this even a question? This is the same as asking, which one is more powerful the nintendo 64 or the ps4? Hhahah, definitely Halo without a doubt.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Halo for me.

T0CKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 T0CKS

Halo by a longshot

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

I'm already bored of Titanfall tbh.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

That's like comparing Star Wars to Starship Troopers. Both are awesome, but one of them is pretty much a whole different universe with infinite lore.

wallacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By wallacom
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts
@huerito323 said:

That's like comparing Star Wars to Starship Troopers. Both are awesome, but one of them is pretty much a whole different universe with infinite lore.

^This. Its like comparing tomatoes and potatoes, maybe when titanfall 4 will be out (if it will survive that long) you can ask this question.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#29 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

idk, this really isn't fair. Halo is a generation defining game that changed everything and that's not an exaggeration.

Titanfall is a great game but it just doesn't have the sort of diversity for it to have the staying power any of the core Halo games have. Halo 4, I would argue is the weakest core entry and you have campaign with four difficulties, and a dozen difficulty modifiers and up to 4-player co-op with a scoring. Theres an extensive competitive multiplayer with a slew of maps, modes and weapons that can all be thoroughly tweaked in Forge and custom games. I hate Spartan Ops, but hell, it's there if you want to play it.

Titanfall on the other hand has something like five game types, all but two just revolving around just killing shit and just fifteen maps to play them on. Having titans and parkour brings a little more variety to the gameplay that what you'd have in something like Call of Duty and it has some genuinely cool ideas but by the time you've hit level fifty(took me about fifteen hours) for the first time you've seen pretty much everything the game has to offer.

I'm all for games trimming out the fat. As fascinating a world that Titanfall has created I'd rather not have a multiplayer if it just doesn't do anything new. But it could have made up for that lack of a campaign with more maps and modes, but it doesn't ship with anymore than what you would expect from any shooter.

The first two halo games were amazing that pushed the genre forward, Titanfall just isn't comparable. And Halo 3 was still excellent and introduced new modes to the series, a map editor and a theater mode which are still uncommon among games today. Titanfall might compare more favorably to Halo Reach and 4 but those games are far more feature rich.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#30  Edited By vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

@vpacalypse said:

Something similar to titanfall replacing call of duty.

And vice versa... destiny replacing halo.

Or passing on the torch, so to speak.

Nah, I'd say Titanfall is a lot more comparable to Halo than Destiny. Destiny is a more co-op oriented experience with heavy rpg elements. I'd say Destiny has far more in common with Borderlands than any other shooter.