Titanfall, Sic.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

So is it just me, or do modern games get more and more seizure inducing with each release? I mean is it the ultimate goal of these developers to leave people convulsing on the floor after a 20minute play session? Or for us to have our heads in the toilet after the same time interval?

Call me crazy but new games make me sick more then make me enjoy a new game experience. That goes at least for everything I've seen on Xbox One and another reason I have yet to get one. I am an old man (28) and I can admit that, but I don't see how anyone can handle that much imagery and enjoy it. It seems to be worse on the "twitch" shooters then most other games, but still, its sickening.

Hence I'd rather play DOOM over any 1st person shooter released in the last 5yrs. The last good fps game IMO was Battlefield Bad Company 2. That at least seemed manageable to me, but there is SO Much S*&# going on in games like Titanfall, Battlefield 4, and any of the call of dutys since 4, how the hell can anyone even see the players their shooting at?? When did shooters become about how much shit you could put on screen, and how many crazy things you can have going on all at once? To me that's not entertainment its annoying.

Which brings me to ask the question,...

Do New Games also make you physically sick to your stomach and or induce headaches??

What would you like to see done differently??

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

No, I don't get sick. I know others that do, namely some female friends I spoke to recently. However, I do get bored with many new games. Too many cookie cutter game designs, too easy, not much gameplay changes from the beginning to the end, and boring choices designed to lure in the nooby masses.

TF for instance (in your title) only held my attention for a few weeks before I quit it altogether. It's a shame as I had high hopes from Respawn, but I think they released it out of the oven WAY TOO Early and what we got felt unfinished. My friends feel the same as I did, but I know others seem to love it so whatever. Metacritic warned us all, I guess.

I suppose that cookie cutter, not fleshed out games makes the other more polished AAA games that are amazing stand out even more though. I guess you need that mediocrity in a way, to appreciate the gems.

equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

how are they worse than games of the past like tribes and Unreal , counter strike. Those were fast games. so fast. Titan fall and battlefield youd can just focus on whats important at least thats how i feel about it

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

what you are say is you are one of the few who's brain can not keep up?

craigkelleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 craigkelleigh
Member since 2005 • 329 Posts

I am 43 - I must be almost dead then....(if 28 is termed a 'old man' haha) - just kidding......

I see your point but to be honest I think it is more that the graphics are becoming sharper and more defined which means that it seems a lot is happening....

when i play i'm certainly not the fastest race horse in the stable but definitely not the slowest turtle.......but i don't feel 'sick'...

The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

@equanox214: I will concede that yes, Unreal Tournament was always pretty fast, but that was THE fastest game around when it came out and for decades. The games today, I think due in part to what @craigkelleigh said about the sharper graphics just seem to be so much more intense.

I do not think however, Counter-strike is a fair comparison. In that game you had 10 people on a map at maximum, that is in no way like a game with between 16-64 players and a plethora of vehicles to jump in and pilot alongside changing landscape and terrain.... That, is a quite different game entirely, and as far as focusing on "what matters" again, I don't see how you can when there are potentially 32 other people against you, all possibly piloting vehicles or sniping from insanely well hidden positions. It is enough to make me sick.

@k2theswiss actually, what I'm say is complete sentences, haha. I may be slightly older, but its not quite an issue of a senile brain that cant keep track of things as it is a complete overload of the visual senses.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I don't get sick mang. #FirstWorldProblems

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I understand that some people will feel nauseous after playing FPS games that have a lot of camera shake, but I haven't felt it while playing Titanfall yet. I believe it may be a combination of camera shake and the high frame rate that cause people to feel sick. The only time I've felt nauseous in a game was during the very first section of "CoD: Ghosts" where you have to slowly walk up that hill. I had a very difficult time watching the screen without feeling dizzy; it's strange because I play games like Titanfall, Mirrors Edge and CoD all the time, and that is the only section where I felt uncomfortable.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I got a little sick playing DOOM on the Sega Genesis but not at all playing Titanfall. Old at 28, is this a joke?

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

I do not get sick from video games.