Titanfall Only 720P?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Airsoftman819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Airsoftman819
Member since 2014 • 50 Posts

Ok at launch I could forgive the fact that games only ran at 720P. But Titanfall is a huge spring release... And it's only 720P? I wonder why? I think the the X1 is a bit harder to develop for than the PS4. maybe a bit harder than we thought. I hope they iron out these issues this year. I'm pretty confident they will. But still. It's a bit puzzling.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts

Oh god... another Xb1 resolution thread...

Airsoftman819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Airsoftman819

@hrt_rulz01: Well considering the PS4 has more 1080P Titles than the XB1 it's easy to see why it would be a hot topic. Please try to add something instead of trolling ok?

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

The reason isn't its so much harder to code for, its just the ps4 has 50% more graphics power then the X1. The x1 has slower memory with less bandwidth, less sharers a lower power gpu. No system wars here, just facts when you compare the two.

M$ chose to put their focus on Kinect and multimedia, and may have under estimated how much gpu power it would need. That's not saying g the x1 won't have great looking games, but most likely the ps4 will have the edge in multi platform games. I get your point here with titanfall but it may just suggest most x1 games will be 720p even first party games.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gagit811

To add I personally dont think a game that's 720p or some resolution under 1080p upscale to 1080p matters much. As long as it looks good people will be happy, i do think frame rate matters and is the most noticeable in games. Hitting a smooth 60fps is key, 30fps too. If a game has major drops in frame rate it effects the game more then upscale 720p. If they have to traid 720p for a better frame rate is better then having 1080p and a crap frame rate. It looks like the ps4 will be able to have its cake and eat it too, but the x1 will have to take traid off in resolution.

Airsoftman819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Airsoftman819

@gagit811: Well you also have to take into account the ES Ram that was installed in the XB1 And also MS invested a lot in the APU as well. So maybe if developers take advantage of those in the near future. That will help.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gagit811

@airsoftman819: this is a good point on the esram and I'm sure in time they will learn how to get more out of the system. In my house I have 2 xbox ones and 1 ps4, so im rooting for xbox here. I've done 70% of my gaming on the 360 last gen and I like my x1 better then my ps4 right now. I believe the ps4 will get the better end multi platform games, I'm sure the x1 will get better over time but I don't see its games outperforming the ps4 in multiplat games.

kkp2420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kkp2420
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Still can't wait for this game to release! Super excited about this one.

Airsoftman819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Airsoftman819

@gagit811: Yes. I am a gamer. I don't play resolutions. I play games. And as long as the xbox one has good Original titles. And as long as they look halfway decent and play smoothly. I will continue to support the XB1 I'm a fan of the XB1 And I was at the launch. But I can't help but tilt my hat to Sony. For having the powerhouse console of the 8th gen.

Airsoftman819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Airsoftman819

@kkp2420: Me too. It looks over the top.

kkp2420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kkp2420

@airsoftman819: I have to agree with you, I have always been into games that are good quality/have high replay values. Yes the graphics are nice thing to have but as long as it does run smooth and has a great story line i am sold. But i do believe Titanfall may have both those qualities, we will wait and find out! Hope i am right haha

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

@kkp2420 said:

@airsoftman819: I have to agree with you, I have always been into games that are good quality/have high replay values. Yes the graphics are nice thing to have but as long as it does run smooth and has a great story line i am sold. But i do believe Titanfall may have both those qualities, we will wait and find out! Hope i am right haha

Or in titanfall's case, good multiplayer since it has no single player.

kkp2420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kkp2420

@speedfreak48t5p: Very true haha you get the idea!

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

As long as the game avoids looking clownish I could care less. A great game is about great game play. It's clear from the advance looks that this game looks amazing.

Airsoftman819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Airsoftman819

@jetjetjaguar: Indeed

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

the graphics don't matter if the game isn't worth playing. yes ps4 does have the ability to achieve better graphics. but the xbox will have much more exciting games, especially multiplayer ones. XBOX has titanfall, halo, and gears of war (don't know how good gears will be). Anyway the ps4 exclusives don't interest me. The ps4 controller is enough for me to get an xbox over ps4. the xbox might not be as powerful but it makes up for it in other areas. such as multiplayer and the controller. game dvr etc.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@airsoftman819 said:

@hrt_rulz01: Well considering the PS4 has more 1080P Titles than the XB1 it's easy to see why it would be a hot topic. Please try to add something instead of trolling ok?

I'm not trolling anything. I'm just sick of these threads... It's been a "hot topic" for months. It's done to death already. If resolution & FPS means that much to people then buy a PC.

Airsoftman819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Airsoftman819

@hrt_rulz01: Clearly you have not read what I. And everyone else it this thread has said ^^^^^^ Lololol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01

@airsoftman819: I have actually... and it's like many other threads I've seen about XB1 and resolution. But anyway, whatever.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

I personally can not tell the difference in video games (or television shows) between 720p and 1080p (maybe my eyes are not that sensitive)

In still images of each of those resolutions, I can see some minor differences in most pictures

p.s. where did you see the 720p announcement?

Warlord_Irochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#21 Warlord_Irochi
Member since 2009 • 4291 Posts

All of a sudden people is obsessed with this topic. Really people, we know it, resolution is bigger on PS4, we don't give a crap! When I want übersuperiorgraphics I turn on my PC! Geez...

But if it worries you so much (and to give you some useful answers), leave some time for the studios to adapt to the new systems. Meanwhile it's better to have 60fps and 720p on a competitive shooter than the opposite. cheers.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Despite what other companies are doing, I think it is foolish to count MS out only 2 months after launch. People dont think that MS would know if there system had hardware limitations from the gate? It would be foolish to call your system future proof if it has limitations on Day 1. Im sure MS has a few intelligent people under their umbrella.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gagit811

@draign: I think Microsoft approach the X1 with a lot of ambition, they had great ideas but flubbed the messaging. On top of that they didn't seem to get the main reason people would buy a xbox in the first place. They want the x1 to be the all in one media hub, with the Kinect experience first priority tv, streaming services and games. They had to compromise to make it affordable, so they went with cheaper memory and a lower powers gpu. By no means is Microsoft going to throw in the towel on xbox, but I believe Kinect is hurting the x1 more then making it a better system. If they left out Kinect it would be cheaper and could have had better specs.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@gagit811 said:

@draign: I think Microsoft approach the X1 with a lot of ambition, they had great ideas but flubbed the messaging. On top of that they didn't seem to get the main reason people would buy a xbox in the first place. They want the x1 to be the all in one media hub, with the Kinect experience first priority tv, streaming services and games. They had to compromise to make it affordable, so they went with cheaper memory and a lower powers gpu. By no means is Microsoft going to throw in the towel on xbox, but I believe Kinect is hurting the x1 more then making it a better system. If they left out Kinect it would be cheaper and could have had better specs.

I hear you , but an all in one media hub doesnt make a machine future proof. For MS to say that their console is going to last 10 years in an age where technology transforms yearly, there's more than meets the eye.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01

@Warlord_Irochi said:

All of a sudden people is obsessed with this topic. Really people, we know it, resolution is bigger on PS4, we don't give a crap! When I want übersuperiorgraphics I turn on my PC! Geez...

But if it worries you so much (and to give you some useful answers), leave some time for the studios to adapt to the new systems. Meanwhile it's better to have 60fps and 720p on a competitive shooter than the opposite. cheers.

Yes! Thank you!

Avatar image for thenephariouson
thenephariouson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thenephariouson
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Given that MS have already openly stated that all 'First Party' X1 games will run at 60FPS in full 1080p it is obvious that they have a full understanding of the X1s current architecture.

People need to understand that all the 'Resolution' pant wetting is not due to the capabilities of the console, but merely the ability of certain developers and their tools which will only get better as time goes on.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

@thenephariouson: yea doesn't the xbox one have esram which is extremely fast but does take time on how to use it.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I don't think the resolution is an issue. I think the main issue is with the Xbox Live chat and party system. That PC version is looking better and better.