Thoughts on Halo & Bungie

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

I recently started playing the halo games again, and im having alot of fun. i've been around these fourms for awhile and i know halo is fairly disliked by alot of people but, i love the series personally.

I thought the overall premise & theme of the game is pretty dumb and over the top but, it was just pure fun. I had a blast playing through the campaign with friends and the spilt screen multiplayer online me and my freinds would always have a good time. It has its own charm as far as gameplay style goes it feels unique when you play it like your not just playing another shooter which made me look past the horrible online community. I was also impressed that the games all feel diffrent the weapons were always changed up and even if you were a pro at one halo you had to start of as a rookie and learn how to play all over again in the next halo.

My main point of all this is i have a lot of respect for bungie as company imo i saw that they had alot of passion in the series they were very active with the community and tried to give them what they wanted. Of course there's a ton of exceptions (i.e.ODST,$$Mappacks,etc)but, thats the kind of company i like. The kind that is actually active with communicating with their fanbase and try's to actually make changes in their games.

I know theirs alot of diffrent views on halo & bungie & i respect/understand why people don't like the game i just wanted to hear what other people think about the halo series and how bungie handled the series? also what were your favorite aspects or/ most hated aspects of the game aswell as which was your favorite or least favorite? I would love to hear diffrent perspectives.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
i've been around these fourms for awhile and i know halo is fairly disliked by alot of people but, i love the series personally.SaintJimmmy
Are you sure youve been in THIS forum? :S Halo is one of the best selling xbox franchises so dont worry there are plenty of people here who like it :) Glad youre having fun with it, bungie created a master peice, heres hoping 343 dont mess it up
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#3 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5904 Posts

Halo is a great franchise and I've enjoyed every entry. They're very well made games and changed what fps games could be.

Halo 2 is the best game in the series.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
[QUOTE="SaintJimmmy"]i've been around these fourms for awhile and i know halo is fairly disliked by alot of people but, i love the series personally.penpusher
Are you sure youve been in THIS forum? :S Halo is one of the best selling xbox franchises so dont worry there are plenty of people here who like it :) Glad youre having fun with it, bungie created a master peice, heres hoping 343 dont mess it up

Myabe i haven't caught up with the times here in the 360 fourms, last time i used to come here people were still talking about how halo was an overrated piece of garbage every 32 seconds
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="SaintJimmmy"]i've been around these fourms for awhile and i know halo is fairly disliked by alot of people but, i love the series personally.SaintJimmmy

Myabe i haven't caught up with the times here in the 360 fourms, last time i used to come here people were still talking about how halo was an overrated piece of garbage every 32 seconds

There isn't a game in existence that hasn't been called that by multiple users on this forum lol.
xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts
Too bad Bungie's your favorite company because they're not working on it anymoar :P but yes, tremendous respect from me to them, they've brought up an epic legend that I'm sure won't grow old for years and years to come, with H:CeA coming out in a few weeks, Halo 4 coming out next year, and with me still hoping for a second Halo Wars =] Even though Halo Reach was Bungie's last game they did a tremendous job with campaign and multiplayer, with 343 even doing more by listening to us fans. I can't wait to play Halo: Ce!
Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I have enjoyed the Halo series and I do not understand how anyone could hate it.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
I recently got into the series with Reach last year and I love the multiplayer. Can't wait for 4 and CE. I'm excited to actually experience it first hand rather than years after my friends this time around
Great_Coon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Great_Coon
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Of course there's a ton of exceptions (i.e.ODST,$$Mappacks,etc)

SaintJimmmy

You act like Bungie is wrong for wanting to make money. Why do you think businesses exist?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

I recently started playing the halo games again, and im having alot of fun. i've been around these fourms for awhile and i know halo is fairly disliked by alot of people but, i love the series personally.

I thought the overall premise & theme of the game is pretty dumb and over the top but, it was just pure fun. I had a blast playing through the campaign with friends and the spilt screen multiplayer online me and my freinds would always have a good time. It has its own charm as far as gameplay style goes it feels unique when you play it like your not just playing another shooter which made me look past the horrible online community. I was also impressed that the games all feel diffrent the weapons were always changed up and even if you were a pro at one halo you had to start of as a rookie and learn how to play all over again in the next halo.

My main point of all this is i have a lot of respect for bungie as company imo i saw that they had alot of passion in the series they were very active with the community and tried to give them what they wanted. Of course there's a ton of exceptions (i.e.ODST,$$Mappacks,etc)but, thats the kind of company i like. The kind that is actually active with communicating with their fanbase and try's to actually make changes in their games.

I know theirs alot of diffrent views on halo & bungie & i respect/understand why people don't like the game i just wanted to hear what other people think about the halo series and how bungie handled the series? also what were your favorite aspects or/ most hated aspects of the game aswell as which was your favorite or least favorite? I would love to hear diffrent perspectives.

SaintJimmmy

1: Mapspacks, odst, ect Don't blame bungie for any prices. bungie has no rights to that part. look at ODST bugnie actually wanted to release it as a expansion pack and sell it for $30. BUT Microsoft said no and sold it for full price.

2: I like bungie they are VERY community active unlike most console devs. They be community active for first couple months in release and move on. Bungie stands by there game all the way up to the next .

3: i liked all the halos but reach. I don't like ability's, the Mp feels weird, kinda got old, halo ce be the first i won't be buying. Because they are using reach MP for MP. They should just updated halo 1 engine for online. OR B even took halo 4 engine and used it like a beta for the engine.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="SaintJimmmy"]i've been around these fourms for awhile and i know halo is fairly disliked by alot of people but, i love the series personally.SaintJimmmy

And? There hasn't been a game released game that didn't have been saying its overrated. And considering this is the gaming forum on the internet (meaning we are the minority of gamers, which is why online petitions do nothing) you would have seen such a small percentage of people actually saying it sucks.

VHEISU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VHEISU
Member since 2011 • 365 Posts
what is sad is that with games like cod ( no hating dont want to start a pointless fanboy war ) which 80 percent of the main stream play (concoles) has greatly hurt the number of people that play other games i.e. halo reach and gears! i mean these 2 games are great and the multiplayer is just as fun if not more fun then cod but im willing to bet that cod mw1 has more people playing it then halo reach and gears of war 3 put together! and that game is old mann! people need to try other games
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

Halo is a great franchise and I've enjoyed every entry. They're very well made games and changed what fps games could be.

Blueresident87

no no no it has to be the most overrated game next to golden eye and resident evil 4 why do people say these things?

Megadeth_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Megadeth_basic
Member since 2002 • 1045 Posts

I loved the vehicles and single player campaign. MP i didn't like so much. It felt like a horribly slow version of quake 2.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 firefox59

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

almasdeathchild

no no no it has to be the most overrated game next to golden eye and resident evil 4 why do people say these things?

You're calling Goldeneye overrated? Really?

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

firefox59

yea whenever i hear the n64 in any convo every one is golden eye this golden eye that.annoying actually

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 penpusher

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

almasdeathchild

so would one of you halo haters for once like to explain your line of opinion?
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

penpusher

your logic is 100% invalid ive been a halo fan since the first game and i believe it's the most balanced fps games since each lime does a certant amout of damag my finger is the equivilent of a headshot.dont be so fast to judge next kiddo

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 penpusher

[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]no no no it has to be the most overrated game next to golden eye and resident evil 4 why do people say these things?

almasdeathchild

your logic is 100% invalid ive been a halo fan since the first game and i believe it's the most balanced fps games since each lime does a certant amout of damag my finger is the equivilent of a headshot.dont be so fast to judge next kiddo

if youre going to call me kid try writing a statement that makes sense ...
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="penpusher"] so would one of you halo haters for once like to explain your line of opinion? penpusher

sorry english isnt my first language.and if you cant understant what i said you are a lost cause

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 penpusher

[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]your logic is 100% invalid ive been a halo fan since the first game and i believe it's the most balanced fps games since each lime does a certant amout of damag my finger is the equivilent of a headshot.dont be so fast to judge next kiddo

almasdeathchild

sorry english isnt my first language.and if you cant understant what i said you are a lost cause

no I cant really understand, I asked you to explain why halo is the most overrated game and all i get is nonsense :S
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="penpusher"] if youre going to call me kid try writing a statement that makes sense ...penpusher

no I cant really understand, I asked you to explain why halo is the most overrated game and all i get is nonsense :S

i gave you why i liked it not nonsence wtf? can i buy some pot from you?

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 penpusher

[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]sorry english isnt my first language.and if you cant understant what i said you are a lost cause

almasdeathchild

you said it was over rated....read your own post
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="penpusher"] no I cant really understand, I asked you to explain why halo is the most overrated game and all i get is nonsense :S penpusher

you said it was over rated....read your own post

i said halo 2 is.you kidding me?

BluesKing527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BluesKing527
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts
My favorite moment personally was when I brought the 360 and, you know I didn't have the first xbox and hearing how awesome halo was the first game on my 360 was naturally Halo 3. I loved how it was completely new to me. The shooting was fun the story was epic and just everything about Halo 3 was awesome.
Anthrizacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Anthrizacks
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts
343 Studios seems much more inspired, whereas Bungie was definitely creatively drained by the time Reach came along. I am very excited for what 343 has in store for us, and already the Halo 4 concept art has evoked the most promise since Halo 2.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]no no no it has to be the most overrated game next to golden eye and resident evil 4 why do people say these things?

almasdeathchild

yea whenever i hear the n64 in any convo every one is golden eye this golden eye that.annoying actually

Well just because people are annoying doesn't make a game overrated. The game was revolutionary and deserved the praise it got. That game did more for MP than Halo ever will.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="firefox59"] You're calling Goldeneye overrated? Really?

firefox59

Well just because people are annoying doesn't make a game overrated. The game was revolutionary and deserved the praise it got. That game did more for MP than Halo ever will.

thats cool.but if thats all people seem to remember on the n64 at all no perfect dark bio freaks hexen doom 64 non of that at all