Thoughts on games being released on 9/11

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

miguelpaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 miguelpaco
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

Why not? It has no direct relation to anything. I must say, that is one of the most rediculous threads ever made, to put it VERY lightly.TheGTAvaccine

LOL yeah lets just go ahead and change the way that video games, cd's and dvds have been released for years. just this one week, because it happens to fall on 9/11, yeah, and then if the day that pearl harbor happened falls on a tuesday do the same thing, or the day when the uss cole was bombed, or the first WTC attack, or when the oklahoma city bombing happened, and so on and so on...........QFT

SuprLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 SuprLuigi
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts
Its just freaking videogames. You shouldnt think about games that much.
Avatar image for ToastedLlama123
ToastedLlama123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ToastedLlama123
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Battlefront, I'd like to hear you're incredible argument against atheism.
Avatar image for ToastedLlama123
ToastedLlama123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ToastedLlama123
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
dammit, I meant your.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#105 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

Battlefront, I'd like to hear you're incredible argument against atheism.ToastedLlama123

I'll send it over a message cuz I think the mods are getting mad at me...

hal02g0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 hal02g0d
Member since 2006 • 132 Posts
why should we have to skip an entire day for something that happened 6 years ago. sure 9/11 sucked, but instead of moarning, think about the better thing that have happened lately
Timbo84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 Timbo84
Member since 2003 • 106 Posts
The reason why I lament games being released on 9/11 is because it falls on a Tuesday this year, and that's still the beginning of the work week.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#108 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts

I don't have a problem with the release date but what is truly sad is all of you saying get over it and move on. Ya move on forget about what happened and why. Go on being the mindless sheep you are while our country is being sold right before your blind and ignorant eyes. CorporateHammer

What do you suggest we do in order to make sure everyone recognizes it in the strongest way possible?

Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#109 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
i think that it would be stupid to not release games on 9/11. that would be like saying they aren't going to release a game on Dec 7 b/c it was the attack on pearl harbor. we need to let things from the past be that, things from the past, but never forget them. we must move on no matter how hard it may be.
FasterlilT0ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 FasterlilT0ny
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts

um...hm....lets see...oh yeah, IT DOESN'T MATTER. That was 6 years ago, get over it already. It's not like a plane hijack simulator is coming out next week

Food_Nipple

ill never get over it......stfu....that was a sad day

dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts
I'm fine with it in most cases, it's no different than releasing a game on the day pearl harbor was bombed. I would object if the game tried to capitalize off the event though, like releasing a terrorist hunting game on 9/11 or if it had some kind of facetious theme.
NFSU2_RC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 NFSU2_RC3
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
i dont give a **** im not americain but it was a bad day for them...but why does that mean you cant release anything on that day?
DuaneDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 DuaneDog
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts

The sad thing is that thousands of people dieEVERY DAYas a result of famine or civil unrest or AIDS. and yet no one rushes to honour their memory.

Kipron

WORD! The fact we elevate terrorism above those tragedies is what gives terrorism it's power. Our reaction and emphasis in responding to them is what unfortunately breathes life into their tactics.The trick is BEHIND THE SCENES doing every possible thing to catch the criminals. Treat them asyou would serial killers. As we know, they also are drivenby media and having their acts gain attention. Terrorists and serial killers are very much the same. It's the fame and notoriety they claim. As long as terrorism is front page news,more terroristswill be recruited andweironically, acknowledge their success.

A great president said, "Speak softly, butcarry a big stick". This"terror war" is out of hand because it consumes our energy andhas become the focus of our attention. EXACTLY what the terrorists want. Now how long until someone uses what I say tocall me un-American and try toget Americans fighting against each other? That is another part of the problem. Terrorists have Americans divided and politicial dupes (left and right) areall too willing touse the war on terror as way to advance their agenda. It's all digusting and as long as left blames bush and right blames liberals we are just playing into the hands of the jihadists.

FasterlilT0ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 FasterlilT0ny
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
only thing i hate is when people say get over it:twisted::evil:
jeremypiert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 jeremypiert
Member since 2003 • 39 Posts
i think its fine, 
DuaneDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DuaneDog
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts

only thing i hate is when people say get over it:twisted::evil:FasterlilT0ny

Just realize many people want to marginalize the terrorists and not give them the satisfaction. Some people will rush to create holidays on 9/11, memorials, all sorts of media coverage of 9/11 that turns 9/11 into an epic event. Just remember that the terrorists love knowing we have not gotten over it.Realize that some people are wanting to move past it because they don't want to acknowledge the pain terrorists have inflicted... they are motivated by that pain. Nobody is suggesting we move past 9/11 to dishonor those that died that day. It's to keep from honoring the terrorists and acknowledging their act was so successful.

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
It really doesn't matter, video games and 9/11 are completely un-related.
GuitarsOfWarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#119 GuitarsOfWarr
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts

Maybe 10 years from now it will be okay. However, I can still remember the day that it happened so vividly in my mind (a person in my grade lost their dad, a firefighter) and to me, it's just not right. I mean, even if my brithday was on the 11th, I would wait a day and celebrate. I'm glad there really aren't any blockbuster titles being released because it would be really wrong in my mind for people to flock to the game store on a day which should be full of rememberance and respect. Maybe living only an hour from the city ads to my opinion, but it was not something I think I will ever forget. Personally, I think it should be a national holiday (no idea what they would call it though) just because of the impact it had on our culture.

GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
Thats what the terrorists wanted, for us to stop and if we dont move on they'll get what they wanted. So yes it was a really bad day but it was 6 years ago now so we should all just remember and Never forget.. but carry on with our lives at the same time.
-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

um...hm....lets see...oh yeah, IT DOESN'T MATTER. That was 6 years ago, get over it already. It's not like a plane hijack simulator is coming out next week

Food_Nipple

You cannot just get over something 6 years ago.

BUT, the game(s) will probably have nothing to do with 9/11, so it really shouldn't matter. I don't see why skate. would have to get delayed a week or so because of a 9/11 day.

GrayHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122 GrayHalo
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts
thats like saying we shouldn't do anything on december 7th. eventually we as a nation should move on.
rwrden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 rwrden
Member since 2003 • 342 Posts
so, ah...how about them achievement points?
Modbeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Modbeat
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
[QUOTE="NJVikings5"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="KFear"]

we shouldn't release games on 9/11. we also shouldn't releases games on December 7th. We shouldn't release any violent games throughout the entire month of september. we can't release violent games between December 1st and the 7th actually. This goes for rated T games as well. They should also release games mostly throughout the month of febuary because i'm a pisces....and that would be cool! we should also be aware that 9/11 is the biggest conspirousy theory of all time. Nobody knows what actually happened that day. A lot more people were evidently behind those murders. But we'll show em!!!...because we're NOT releasing video games on 9/11!!! TAKE THAT!!!!

battlefront23

way to go Mr. Jihad... why don't you go to Jerusalem and go murder some jews while you're at it.

MY CONSERVATIVE BROTHA!!!!!
Jihad isn't bad i prefer Muhamed though.....

check the sig :) Anyway I've been suspended 3 times for disturbing the peace in the other forums cuz I was arguing with some liberal... Haha good time, good times...

WOW, September 11 killed a little under 3,000 People (Hijackers Included), and America makes tributes and worries about offending people by releasing games on 9/11. The war on Iraq alone has caused the death of over 70,000 Iraqi civilians and has not achieved anything. You think you are the good guys because you are responding to the attack but September 11 was the result of America poaching the resources of another country and starting a war (the gulf war). We will never live in harmony as a world while western powers turn a blind eye to epidemics such as poverty, aids, oppression. Corporations make billions of dollars by exploiting delevoping countries, and then use their money to buy their own way. Wal-Mart sweatshops, Sugar Industry exploiting workers. All so you can go home and feel safe and secure. The truth is America is making themselves look foolish and is starting to fall apart from within, debt and the undervalue of the working ****people is causing unrest. Electing a new puppet for president will not change anything because it will still be the corporations as the puppeteer. I am not condoning the actions of the terrorists of 9/11 but if youpush somebody around long enough they'll eventually push back.

Oh and by the way I am Canadian and my name is not Muhammed nor am I of any muslim decent, just in case you wanted to make a racist comment.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="NJVikings5"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="KFear"]

we shouldn't release games on 9/11. we also shouldn't releases games on December 7th. We shouldn't release any violent games throughout the entire month of september. we can't release violent games between December 1st and the 7th actually. This goes for rated T games as well. They should also release games mostly throughout the month of febuary because i'm a pisces....and that would be cool! we should also be aware that 9/11 is the biggest conspirousy theory of all time. Nobody knows what actually happened that day. A lot more people were evidently behind those murders. But we'll show em!!!...because we're NOT releasing video games on 9/11!!! TAKE THAT!!!!

Modbeat

way to go Mr. Jihad... why don't you go to Jerusalem and go murder some jews while you're at it.

check the sig :) Anyway I've been suspended 3 times for disturbing the peace in the other forums cuz I was arguing with some liberal... Haha good time, good times...

WOW, September 11 killed a little under 3,000 People (Hijackers Included), and America makes tributes and worries about offending people by releasing games on 9/11. The war on Iraq alone has caused the death of over 70,000 Iraqi civilians and has not achieved anything. You think you are the good guys because you are responding to the attack but September 11 was the result of America poaching the resources of another country and starting a war (the gulf war). We will never live in harmony as a world while western powers turn a blind eye to epidemics such as poverty, aids, oppression. Corporations make billions of dollars by exploiting delevoping countries, and then use their money to buy their own way. Wal-Mart sweatshops, Sugar Industry exploiting workers. All so you can go home and feel safe and secure. The truth is America is making themselves look foolish and is starting to fall apart from within, debt and the undervalue of the working ****people is causing unrest. Electing a new puppet for president will not change anything because it will still be the corporations as the puppeteer. I am not condoning the actions of the terrorists of 9/11 but if youpush somebody around long enough they'll eventually push back.

Oh and by the way I am Canadian and my name is not Muhammed nor am I of any muslim decent, just in case you wanted to make a racist comment.

again, I had no idea that the RELIGION of Jihad was a race. And you can believe that crap about Iraqi citizens if you want. What about the MILLIONS of babies who didnt even have a choice about life?

Hermitkermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#126 Hermitkermit
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
hehe, I have broken one of the laws in the Ten commandments, (Keep holy the Sabbath day, Sunday) lol I play most of my games on that day, am I a bad person....but really I thought you meant a Game based on 9/11, but for any games being released on 9/11, no it should not be a problem, why?
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#127 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Why not? It was a tragedy but we have to move on.
Modbeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Modbeat
[QUOTE="Modbeat"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="NJVikings5"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="KFear"]

battlefront23

again, I had no idea that the RELIGION of Jihad was a race. And you can believe that crap about Iraqi citizens if you want. What about the MILLIONS of babies who didnt even have a choice about life?

Jihad isn't a religion stupid it means "holy struggle" or "holy war" and what do you mean believe that crap about iraqi civilians those are american numbers for all I know its more. Why is it that you can undervalue the life of a muslim? Also why are you talking about abortions? Is it because you are making weak arguments and so you try to bring up another conservative thought such as anti-abortion?

deltaboarder18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deltaboarder18
Member since 2004 • 2527 Posts
Ummm, Skate and NHL08 are about as harmless as you can get in terms of games. Maybe if they released GTA4, including planes, on sept.11. Then you'd have something to be angry about.
slidet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#130 slidet22
Member since 2006 • 887 Posts

Ummm...are you serious? Why would anyone care if a game is released on 9/11? This is a day of rememberance of a tragedy that took place. The idea is that we continue to move forward and not to let terrorists win. We should pay our respects to those who lost their lives on that fateful day. That doesn't mean a game shouldn't be coming out. Remember, 9/11 isn't the only day of mourning in this country. We've had attacks on many other occasions, including Pearl Harbor, another attack on the World Trade Center, the Oklahoma City Bombing, etc...Pay your respects by keeping them in your thoughts and praryes. Have a moment of silence. A releasal of a CD, video game, or movie is completely independent of that.

This is just my opinion, but I think we've really been trained on what to feel victimized about. People look for anything to feel offended by, as it affords them attention, pity, and ultimately attention. Are you REALLY offended that a game comes out on 9/11, or do you just think that it's a good opportunity to feel offended? I will stop rambling now. Sorry...this is simply absurd.

tennisacerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131 tennisacerg
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
it isn't like they intentionally placed the release on 9/11; it is a tuesday which is the usual release date
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="Modbeat"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="NJVikings5"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="KFear"]

Modbeat

Jihad isn't a religion stupid it means "holy struggle" or "holy war" and what do you mean believe that crap about iraqi civilians those are american numbers for all I know its more. Why is it that you can undervalue the life of a muslim? Also why are you talking about abortions? Is it because you are making weak arguments and so you try to bring up another conservative thought such as anti-abortion?

They are human beings and they are MURDERED... thats right MURDERED by the parents and doctors who perform them... And I'm not undervaluing the life of a muslim... they undervalue the life of Christians, Jews, and Infidels and they MURDER them and I come here and say one comment about muslims and I'm somehow a racist? Which doesnt even make sense because muslims aren't a race... its just a religion...

Modbeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Modbeat
[QUOTE="Modbeat"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="Modbeat"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="NJVikings5"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="KFear"]

battlefront23

They are human beings and they are MURDERED... thats right MURDERED by the parents and doctors who perform them... And I'm not undervaluing the life of a muslim... they undervalue the life of Christians, Jews, and Infidels and they MURDER them and I come here and say one comment about muslims and I'm somehow a racist? Which doesnt even make sense because muslims aren't a race... its just a religion...

I didn't call you a racist i was refer to the gentlemen who was saying the person is prolly named muhammed and should go murder jews. You really are conservative I can tell by the way you ignore your defeats and change the subject. And also a FETUS is not a human being it is just a FETUS. I does not feel emotionor have intelligent thoughts yet so you are not murdering. Abortion is better than having children who will be hungry and live in povertyor will have parents who are unfit to care for them. And muslims do not undervalue the lives or christians, The muslim faith believes in Christ and Mary.

P.S. Heres a little game I thought a conservative like you should take a look at. Please take the time to read the captions as you might learn a thing or two.

http://www.emogame.com/bushgame.html

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="Modbeat"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="Modbeat"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="NJVikings5"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="KFear"]

Modbeat

I didn't call you a racist i was refer to the gentlemen who was saying the person is prolly named muhammed and should go murder jews. You really are conservative I can tell by the way you ignore your defeats and change the subject. And also a FETUS is not a human being it is just a FETUS. I does not feel emotionor have intelligent thoughts yet so you are not murdering. Abortion is better than having children who will be hungry and live in povertyor will have parents who are unfit to care for them. And muslims do not undervalue the lives or christians, The muslim faith believes in Christ and Mary.

P.S. Heres a little game I thought a conservative like you should take a look at. Please take the time to read the captions as you might learn a thing or two.

http://www.emogame.com/bushgame.html

SO FREAKING WHAT!?!? The couple decided to have sex therefore having the risk of having a baby... And anyway even if it had a hard life that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a life itself... and you didn't have to be a rocket scientist to know I was conservative... check the sig... and what defeats do you speak of?

Modbeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Modbeat

WowI don't know how your romantic life is but sex is about passion and feeling. You dont calculate all the possible outcomes in the heat of the moment. And what if the person was raped, would you want to have a constant reminder of the rape around? And I was talking about the stupid posts you made like "the RELIGON of Jihad"and "you can believe that crap about Iraqi citizens if you want" when I said defeats. And yes I saw your sig but even if you didn't have that in your sig it wouldn't be hard to tell.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 battlefront23
and passion and feeling justifies it... that doesn't make sense but ok... If they're raped it wasn't the BABY's fault (IT IS INDEED A BABY) that the mother was raped. The solution to this is cancel abortion and do more adoptions.
Modbeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Modbeat
Well unfortunately there are already too many children who need adopted and there is already a population problem so abortions do us a favor. anyways im goin 2 bed. peace
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#138 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
WTF do video games have to do with 9/11? Nothing. Why would anyone make a big deal about it?
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts
Who cares what day it is. Sure be respectful and remember those that passed on that tragic day 6 years ago, but it's done - time to look forward to the positives of the future.