Things you want for the Xbox 720

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts

I just thought of something that'd be pretty neat, and I might as well make it an open thread for "what if?" discussion.

Anyway, what if the next Xbox had keyboard and mouse support? An Xbox-branded keyboard that can be used for gaming. It'd likely be wireless, though it could come with a USB-cord (or at least be usable with) so you don't need to wear down the battery. Also bundled with a mouse, an Xbox-branded mouse!, or at least be compatible with a standard mouse that you plug into the keyboard itself.

Think about it, you could type messages without needing to have that giant onscreen keyboard pop-up, and could be used in text chat that could be standard in Xbox games, as well as allowing a better keyboard interface with in-game content, e.g. typing in passwords on computer terminals, or make messages in a game that allows it (Minecraft).

It would also encourage making rebindable keys instead of just being stuck with lazy developers who won't allow otherwise on a standard controller (ever thought of a better layout more comfortable than the developers intended but couldn't change it because designers didn't implement it?).

Plus, it would make the next IE on Xbox much easier to navigate. Speaking of IE on Xbox...

I want what comes standard with browsers on a PC, and being able to tab, copy and paste, highlight and word-search a page, and play browser games. Since rumors claim that the new Xbox can pause the current game while being able to play another, I want to be able to have stuff like YouTube videos playing in the background so I can have some awesome gameplay music, or even have videos shown picture-in-picture. Even better, certain social features could allow you to share videos and be played in-game. Also, Facebook and Twitter on-the-fly could be good.

And about that watermark rumor, if it is true, I hope that the new Xbox can play used games, but the watermark is tied to your account, and gives you a digital copy, something buying used won't do.

Well, that's all I've got on my mind so far. What do you wish to see on the new Xbox? Some of my ideas may very well not be commercially feasible, but hey, I liked to express what my creative mind wishes, and what I hope to see this next generation.

NicotineKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NicotineKid
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts

It's called a computer... :|

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#3 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well first off i want it to not ban used games and be an always on console ,  think about it something goes wrong with your internet that means you cant play single player either - and thus no gta 6 story mode for you until you get internet back lol 

things like that

also  not forced to use kenict , if any of the first two points are true might as well say the third is and that would be the nail in the coffin for me 

Avatar image for Saedius_Asicion
Saedius_Asicion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Saedius_Asicion
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

I hope they lay off the kinect. I don't think they have realized that it has a very small fan base and the rest of us hate it.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
It's what I don't want from the 720 that's important. I don't want it to always be connected online. I don't want it to block used games. I don't want mandatory Kinect usaged. I also don't want a system that breaks on me four times before I getting working one.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

OP is basically talking about wanting a watered down PC in a box.

You should be craving experiences that can't be had elsewhere.

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
- Upgrade the friendlist to 200 friends. - Blue-ray - Add a game as completed if you've all retail achievements. So without dlc, untill you unlock one of the dlc related achievements. - Better music library. - Option to listen to music while playing games (I prefer this at some racing games).
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I hope they lay off the kinect. I don't think they have realized that it has a very small fan base and the rest of us hate it.

Saedius_Asicion

me too i'm of sick of kinect.

Avatar image for sharpshooter188
sharpshooter188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 sharpshooter188
Member since 2003 • 4368 Posts
In depth sandboxes. Sacrifice the graphics to ps2 or early ps3 levels and use the remaining on disk space for various systems that allow deep gameplay for weeks on end.
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts

It's called a computer... :|

NicotineKid

OP is basically talking about wanting a watered down PC in a box.

You should be craving experiences that can't be had elsewhere.

balfe1990
Hey, I can't afford the initial investment of an awesomebox, and I can only have one nice thing that's not too nice at a time, so I may settle for the next best thing.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Lower failer-rate:|

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Saedius_Asicion
same here
vamroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 vamroc
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts

Saedius_Asicion

The Kinect's fan base extends to more then just gamers lots of artists use the device, the PC community has found industry changing uses for The Kinect, and one guy has built a device which allows a person to project an image on to a wall then interact with that image in real time. True, "hard core" gamers don't use it but we're not the target market for Kinect anyway Soccer moms, children, & families are so to that end Kinect was a big hit. Lots of people will buy a KineXt-Box just to get the improved version of Kinect MS doesn't care if those people never play a single hour of Halo 5 they've separated YOU FROM YOUR MONEY and thats "Mission Accomplished" in MS's eyes. Kinect is what's going to make computers like those from Minorty Report possible not in 15-20 years but in 5-10 years THAT'S how pervasive Kinect is going to become in one form or another.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

[QUOTE="Saedius_Asicion"]

vamroc

The Kinect's fan base extends to more then just gamers lots of artists use the device, the PC community has found industry changing uses for The Kinect, and one guy has built a device which allows a person to project an image on to a wall then interact with that image in real time. True, "hard core" gamers don't use it but we're not the target market for Kinect anyway Soccer moms, children, & families are so to that end Kinect was a big hit. Lots of people will buy a KineXt-Box just to get the improved version of Kinect MS doesn't care if those people never play a single hour of Halo 5 they've separated YOU FROM YOUR MONEY and thats "Mission Accomplished" in MS's eyes. Kinect is what's going to make computers like those from Minorty Report possible not in 15-20 years but in 5-10 years THAT'S how pervasive Kinect is going to become in one form or another.

Exactly.

It's great for certain applications, absolutely useless for gaming. So keep it the hell away from gaming. You ever played a Kinect?

Can't believe they shifted 20 million of those awful EyeToys to poor unsuspecting customers.