Stuff you would love to see in the upcoming Call of Duty

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Eilia567
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

Hi guys, this is going to be a discussion about "Stuff you would love to see in the upcoming Call of Duty." Simply write what you would like to be in the next call of duty in the format I have written or in your own preferred format. Enjoy.

Stuff I would love to see in the upcoming Call of Duty.

- Modern Warfare

Game play / Game play content

- I would love some "real" night maps so we can use the night vision.

- Some Arctic warfare would be nice, but once again only if we would get the Arctic ghille suit.

- Would love if there could be a perk for a silenced sniper rife like in the COD4 campaign (no perk, but none less the silenced rifle is there)

- When planting a C4 you should not be able to throw it but stick to walls, and the character should take around 2-5 sec to put the fuse in the C4 and tape it to a wall, car, etc.

-(Above) same thing with Claymore (should take 2-5 sec to plant it)

- Vehicle(s), but simply a jeep with a machine on the back which can be taken out with a simple C4, or claymore

- Claymore's should be less visible

- For the players who have prestiged (no matter how many times) they should start on lvl 1 prestige.

Story

- A Russian campaign, maybe a Russian who doesn't like the fact that Russia is creating missiles and tries to destroy them.

- Would like to see his face

- Since there is two campaigns, maybe a terrorist one or an American still, also would be cool if it was a girl

That's it, please add your ideas! Have a great time typing and a great day!

MisterG333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MisterG333
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

A high level perk that stops the kill cam (even not on hardcore)- good for snipers

Local guest play for online, so my friend and i can play something online together.

kendrene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kendrene
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts
I don't play much online (I know, I know, CoD is mainly an online game) so I'd like to see a longer single player campaign with a good plot. I like the idea of a Russian campaing but...why not China?
sm0k3dinYAfac5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sm0k3dinYAfac5
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts

things that go boom. not just barrels and gas tanks.. like houses and buildings.. like in the new red faction and bad company

also.. creation. the ability to creat you own guy. from the feet up..not just a face personalization. but like atributes and everything.. from the ground up

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Eilia567

things that go boom. not just barrels and gas tanks.. like houses and buildings.. like in the new red faction and bad company

also.. creation. the ability to creat you own guy. from the feet up..not just a face personalization. but like atributes and everything.. from the ground up

sm0k3dinYAfac5

That be a great idea but it most simply be like picking weapons and perks on Line. But none less a great idea. I would love if everyone could put their ideas down on this so i can make a link on the COD offical website to this site. You never know, we could be seeing the stuff we love in the game we love.

scarymovie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 scarymovie5
Member since 2007 • 1691 Posts
To be able to bring a guest online.
Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eilia567

I don't play much online (I know, I know, CoD is mainly an online game) so I'd like to see a longer single player campaign with a good plot. I like the idea of a Russian campaing but...why not China?kendrene

See, i believe Russia already bans games, but than having China to ban our games , and making a big probelm about a video game in UN. I think, we should just stick to the country that already bans us, lol. And before anyone can say it, please don't say Iran. That is incredibly offensive and it would be like putting Amercia in the Axis of evil, or Britian or something like that. Thanks for the great ideas.

Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eilia567
To be able to bring a guest online. - by Scarymovie5 Has already been said, but thank you. Please keep adding your wonderful ideas to this topic.
sm0k3dinYAfac5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sm0k3dinYAfac5
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts
hahaha.. woops.. taking away juggernot.. let skil and instinct rule the game
mister_sambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mister_sambert
Member since 2006 • 196 Posts
maybe a 3rd person CoD :D
halo3sly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 halo3sly
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

I would love to see making youre own charicter youre own gun it would awesome.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#12 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts
A new game the series is so overrated and since CoD2 very little has changed gameplay wise and then only great thing they had is the rank system which does not tell the players skill just how long he has played the game, and the perks is probably the best thing they have added.
Mister_korea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Mister_korea
Member since 2005 • 593 Posts

KEEP UPGRADIN THOS GRAPHICS!!!

also a longer story line, and driveable vehicles

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
More options. A no-perk game or no-explosives game would be fun. And raise the prestige levels really high. Have something like 25 ranks overall and reward people in some way that do it. Players that dont prestige get to keep everything they unlocked along the way. Kinda a reward for not prestigeing. So reward the people that do. I like how in WaW you get extra createable classes for prestigeing. And for gods sake, punish team killers on Hardcore. I like the "richocet" patch idea they were going to add but decided not to into CoD4. Since i only play Hardcore, and they never fixed it in CoD4, i havent played CoD4 since WaW came out. There is nothing i hate more than unpunished team killers. It completely ruined CoD4 to me.
Keough_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#15 Keough_7
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts
a good map editor not like halo3 forge
BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#16 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts
a good map editor not like halo3 forgeKeough_7
Forge is great. Never played a Bungie Favorite?? Those are incredible maps made by the community.
Keough_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 Keough_7
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts
[QUOTE="Keough_7"]a good map editor not like halo3 forgeBLBxLakers24
Forge is great. Never played a Bungie Favorite?? Those are incredible maps made by the community.

i only like forge if its on foundry but some of the other ones are good id just like to be able to move buildings and things like that
Trixta92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Trixta92
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
No Vehicles or juggernaut, also like options to play differnt rules, eg. snipers only...
Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eilia567
Thanks for the great commentary everyone keep it up.
Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eilia567
bump
Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts
I don't know how IF can improve on the game, its perfect
MikeLirette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MikeLirette
Member since 2005 • 4697 Posts

A high level perk that stops the kill cam (even not on hardcore)- good for snipers

Local guest play for online, so my friend and i can play something online together.

MisterG333
That might actually be an interesting one.. but it would have to be hard to get or everyone would be using it.
landzvids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 landzvids
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts
i think i would lobe it if we coujld bring a friend online i hate haveing only the option of person also more costimization to guns and charicters
Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eilia567
bump.
--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 --Sinister--
Member since 2006 • 3136 Posts
Well, after CoD5, I'd have to say Originality. CoD4 was Epic though
ShadeShiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShadeShiner
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I would like to see an option that lets you control where airstrikes come. Like holding the A button then choose a direction to come that will be highlighted on screen then you let go of the A button so that you can get the bomb-run to come in the direction you want it to be.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
The same as the 4th COD game, but make the knifing harder, and so that you can't jump into people with it. That was so annoying.
d0rit0cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 d0rit0cheese
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts
I like the idea ofa "night" map, that would be fun. As of right now all I want in the next COD would be customization for a character and splitscreen Xbox Live.
Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts
I would love if they didn't make it like CoD4. That would complete me.
LittleToejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LittleToejam
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts
i would like it to be maybe more realistic, like you cant even sneak around in that game or else someones gonna see your gamertag on top of your head or no more killcams . and the hud too, the hud has too much stuff around it like numbers and stuff. red dot scopes on pistols
PainKiller_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PainKiller_25
Member since 2006 • 2614 Posts
Mechs 8)
TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
after 7 kills you get to fly the chopper 8)
Reel_E_Weird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Reel_E_Weird
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

uhh..i dont think juggernaut should be completely eliminated. I have a couple of friends I introduced to WaW, previously they never played FPS, so having juggernaut on allowed them to learn the game without getting killed so fast my more experienced players. I do however think it should be disabled after a certain level, maybe 10 or 12 cuz i think by then you got the game down to a playable level. Or if dudes insist on using it, disable another perk like when you have on a grenade attachment.

-a better vehicle system. although tanks were defeatable, it was a pain getting respawned by one only to die again. But hte ability to have different types of vehicles on the same board, similar to bad company.

-better respawn locations, or at least more random spots. I know you get respawned by nearby teammates but i think it should let you choose who you get respawned by. It was so frustrating getting respawned by a sniping teammate miles away from the action, so you have to run allllllll the way across the board.

-PLEASE improve the hit detection. I hate watching a guy's kill cam from sniper view, and its CLEAR he came NO where NEAR killing me, but he gets credited with a head shot

-more customization of guns

-i think the night vision thing would be cool, but im not sure I would be sold on it ALL the way though

-The dogs were a nice addition to WaW but i saw dogs climbing towers. what in the world? either tweak it or trash it!

-this has nothing to do with the game but a personal peeve of mine. I hate players with modified controllers, they completely take away the fun from the game, so maybe if the game could somehow detect if one is being used, make it unusable or something cuz filing a complaint doenst work.

randomhero5677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 randomhero5677
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
Other than the fact that it's going to be Modern Warfare 2?
Not much. Just more blood and gore like in WaW...
JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts
A World War 3 campaign. Use real world events, I think it would be really cool.
chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts
Well i agree with most of the suggestions here, but in COD6 i would like to see a prehistoric version where you can ride dinosaurs, shoot slingshots, stab people with pointy rocks, and like climb in trees... 3 kill streak will get you smoke signals (UAV) 5 would get you something along the lines of volcanic rock raining from the sky, 7 would be triceratops stampede and 10 could be that you get a big t-rex to go destory your enemies... Perks would take some thought. And the game would focus mainly on melee combat with big clubs, knives, etc... vehicles could be replaced by big dinosaur mounts and you could fly around on big birds... Wow, i could go on forever.
Avatar image for jomachasandberg
jomachasandberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jomachasandberg
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

I would love to see making youre own charicter youre own gun it would awesome.

halo3sly
one up to that
chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts
To be serious though, they should make yu pick between last stand and juggernaut, because noobs do that and they just won't die...
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
A new game the series is so overrated and since CoD2 very little has changed gameplay wise and then only great thing they had is the rank system which does not tell the players skill just how long he has played the game, and the perks is probably the best thing they have added.BLBxLakers24
I LOVE you sig.
totaldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 totaldj
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
I want to play some missions in Pakistan... My home country :D
Avatar image for Msk1191ASSASSIN
Msk1191ASSASSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Msk1191ASSASSIN
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
Well i agree with most of the suggestions here, but in COD6 i would like to see a prehistoric version where you can ride dinosaurs, shoot slingshots, stab people with pointy rocks, and like climb in trees... 3 kill streak will get you smoke signals (UAV) 5 would get you something along the lines of volcanic rock raining from the sky, 7 would be triceratops stampede and 10 could be that you get a big t-rex to go destory your enemies... Perks would take some thought. And the game would focus mainly on melee combat with big clubs, knives, etc... vehicles could be replaced by big dinosaur mounts and you could fly around on big birds... Wow, i could go on forever.chugachea
I would love to see that. when i read this, lmfao rofl. Still, that would be a unique idea, but the fact is they already said Modern Warfar 2, not Prehistoric. Still, for CoD7, we shud campaign and see if Infinity Ward likes the idea.
oliver655321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 oliver655321
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts

Taking hostages(like gears of war)so you can have you thrid person.More weapons that on are currently under testing by the goverments of the world.Squad mode?

More maps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JohnnySN1P3R

Taking hostages(like gears of war)so you can have you thrid person.More weapons that on are currently under testing by the goverments of the world.Squad mode?

More maps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

oliver655321
No taking hostages. I don't want Gears of War in first person. But, I would like to see a squad mode.
wOnKaCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wOnKaCatalyst
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

- More weapon customization options

- More perks

- The ability to create your own persistent character (i.e. Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2)

- The option to bring a guest online to play (i.e. Halo 2 & 3)

- More guns (rifles, snipers, pistols, explosives, etc.)

- New maps (community favorites return!)

- Modern warfare setting

- ...and it goes without saying, updated graphics

-?- Perhaps this time we'll be allowed to use a silencer AND a scope at the same time? It just doesn't make sense why that's not possible in CoD4...

JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JohnnySN1P3R

- More weapon customization options

- More perks

- The ability to create your own persistent character (i.e. Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2)

- The option to bring a guest online to play (i.e. Halo 2 & 3)

- More guns (rifles, snipers, pistols, explosives, etc.)

- New maps (community favorites return!)

- Modern warfare setting

- ...and it goes without saying, updated graphics

-?- Perhaps this time we'll be allowed to use a silencer AND a scope at the same time? It just doesn't make sense why that's not possible in CoD4...

wOnKaCatalyst
I'd like to see the Persistent Character idea expanded on. Also, I'd like to see some Call of Duty 1 and Call of Duty 2 maps brought back. Chinatown was a top-notch map, it was great how they took Carentan and put it in a modern setting, I'd like to see that for other maps also.
Ottosmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 Ottosmann
Member since 2006 • 7058 Posts
To be able to bring a guest online. scarymovie5
This. Also, destructible environments.
jsvela0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jsvela0721
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think it would be cool if they would make the game in the USA. Like with places in the United States that people know about such as like NYC and places that we are somewhat familiar with and know about. I also think it would be nice to be able to customize your person, and being able to get more things as you rank up or prestige. Also having split screen online would be excellent, where you can be a guest or you can use your own name so 2 names can play on the same box such as in GoW2. I do like the night map idea and putting some vehicles in them, but not tanks. Make it somewhat easier to destruct the vehicles. And allow the driver to be shot out of them. Also make squad games where you have like a Clan Leader who invites people into their clan and you can have like Clan stats. Im sure Ill think of more later, but Ill check back later to see what people have to say.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Infinity Ward is all that COD needs, no more Treyarch they are never as good!
ShapeBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 ShapeBanger
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
Infinity Ward is all that COD needs, no more Treyarch they are never as good!V4LENT1NE
So true. I mentioned this in a previous post - The Infinity Ward releases of COD have all been better than the ones by Treyarch. Having played Brother In Arms: HH recently, although not as good as COD series I loved the destructable environments. Seeing those sandbags go flying when you hit a bunker is very cool. Perhaps COD could adopt something similar? As for ideas for new settings - covert ops in North Korea, the Falklands Conflict, Mumbai Hotel Hostage scenario?! (or is that all bad taste?) ;)
xobballox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xobballox
Member since 2008 • 484 Posts

-More weapons in general, including things in testing like the XM8 and the FN-SCAR

-Like, 10 custom classes. Maybe twenty. (I like to mix up guns to keep things fun every now and then, and 5 customs just doesn't cut it for me :(

-Thermal Vision -Vehicles, such as ATVs, Humvees, etc. Would rather not have tanks.

-A different reward for a 7 kill streak, such as maybe a couple AI soldiers with the same perks/guns as you that follow you around for 30 seconds to a minute, just depending on how good they make them.

-Remove Juggernaut and Stopping Power, so that characters are more diverse.

-Longer campaign, but of the same great quality 4 was.

-A veteran mode that doesn't consist of OMFGLJG GRENADES AHHWTF