Street Fighter 4 worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lkoz91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lkoz91
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts

How's the replay value? Is there any ranking online to keep you going back to playing it?

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
It has just about as much replay value as any other great fighting game. Yes there's player, ranked, and championship modes online.
lkoz91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lkoz91
So it's worth the 60 bucks?
4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts

It's worth more than that considering it's a fighting game & if you have Xbox live gold. I can burn 3+ hours playing online with this game in one sitting.

obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 obsolete2k1
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts
such a good game... I suggest that you get the SF4 Fightpad as well though, worth the buy.
CerpinCygnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 CerpinCygnus
Member since 2007 • 758 Posts

If you're a fighter fan it's more than worth $60. Replay value is high with the single player alone because there's the story mode,challenge mode where you're asked to pull off specific combos,time attack,survival,and different colors/taunts/icons/titles to unlock. For multiplayer the replay value comes from Ranked where you earn Battle Points for winning and Championship which has you fight against people of similar skill. If you win you get Championship Points and move on to the next round,if you lose points are taken away and you start over.

So yeah,get it :D

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sourcerah
So it's worth the 60 bucks?lkoz91
Yes, every penny!!!

It's worth more than that considering it's a fighting game & if you have Xbox live gold. I can burn 3+ hours playing online with this game in one sitting.

4dry4n
so, so true!! It's so easy to spend hours online, but I am soo addicted to this game!!
such a good game... I suggest that you get the SF4 Fightpad as well though, worth the buy.obsolete2k1
I want one, but I can't spend $150 on a fightstick
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sourcerah
[QUOTE="CerpinCygnus"]

If you're a fighter fan it's more than worth $60. Replay value is high with the single player alone because there's the story mode,challenge mode where you're asked to pull off specific combos,time attack,survival,and different colors/taunts/icons/titles to unlock. For multiplayer the replay value comes from Ranked where you earn Battle Points for winning and Championship which has you fight against people of similar skill. If you win you get Championship Points and move on to the next round,if you lose points are taken away and you start over.

Ranked mode is flawed, though...
lkoz91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lkoz91
[QUOTE="sourcerah"][QUOTE="CerpinCygnus"]

Ranked mode is flawed, though...

How so?
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Rent it and see if you like it enough to buy.

Joss09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Joss09
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

Best fighter I ever bought, I love playing this game, just going through arcade or jumping into a few multiplayer battles.

Bison all the way.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

So it's worth the 60 bucks?lkoz91
yes sir I brought march and Im still playing it today

4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 4dry4n

Ranked mode isn't flawed there's just a lot of players who can really abuse an unexperienced player. Personally I hate the brawler characters as they made them a little overpowered to be able to play with the treaditional SF characters.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
Definitively worth it.
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sourcerah

Ranked mode isn't flawed there's just a lot of players who can really abuse an unexperienced player. Personally I hate the brawler characters as they made them a little overpowered to be able to play with the treaditional SF characters.

4dry4n
Let me specify... The point system in Ranked Mode IS flawed! Why? Because before the new update, if you disconnected, there was not any penalty. If you quit before the win/loss screen, you were able keep your points and was not credited with a loss. Which means, anyone could have a perfect record and never lose any points just as long as they quit before the match was officially over. SO, 4dry4n, HOW IS THIS NOT FLAWED?? yes, the may have added a dc% but there's still so many people out there with ponits they should not have. Plus, can you tell me how the BP is calcuated? Meaning, can you tell me how the points are distributed when someone wins/loses. To me, it seems so random at times. In Chip Mode, the calculations are very easy to understand. SO, TELL ME 4dry4n, YOU DON'T SEE A FLAW IN ANY OF THIS??
4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 4dry4n

[QUOTE="4dry4n"]

sourcerah

Let me specify... The point system in Ranked Mode IS flawed! Why? Because before the new update, if you disconnected, there was not any penalty. If you quit before the win/loss screen, you were able keep your points and was not credited with a loss. Which means, anyone could have a perfect record and never lose any points just as long as they quit before the match was officially over. SO, 4dry4n, HOW IS THIS NOT FLAWED?? yes, the may have added a dc% but there's still so many people out there with ponits they should not have. Plus, can you tell me how the BP is calcuated? Meaning, can you tell me how the points are distributed when someone wins/loses. To me, it seems so random at times. In Chip Mode, the calculations are very easy to understand. SO, TELL ME 4dry4n, YOU DON'T SEE A FLAW IN ANY OF THIS??

Geez dude! I can really see why you notice all this things. I don't care wether the point system is flawed you're actually the 1st guy who I read in this forum who thinks that the point system is a big deal. Please you don't have to call out my name to prove something most people just enjoy the game & couldn't care less about the point system, you win some you lose some if you pull the plug on a 3 minute ranked match then there's something wrong with you & if you care about the point system in this game all I can say is goodluck trying to enjoy you're game because as people have said the BP is useless!

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
marvel vs capcom 2 comes out on the arcade this summer