Spring Update..Worth The Wait?? ((((POLL))))

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bjl1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bjl1029
Member since 2006 • 410 Posts
So I turned on my 360 this morning and downloaded the new Spring Update. After scrolling through some of the new features that it added I would be lying if I said I was excited. I find it funny that they still have not added one of the most simple features that I know alot of people want, that being group voice chat. I am sorry but Windows Messenger just isn't cutting it, the vast majority of chatters use AOL or Yahoo so having Windows Messenger means absolutely nothing to me. The only features that I can honestly say I like are that Marketplace now has its own blade and the new achievement alert feature where it actually tells you what you unlocked as you are playing the game. Other than those 2 I find this update pretty bland... I give it a 4.5/10.  So tell me, what do you think of the Spring Update?
Mikerules868

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mikerules868
Member since 2004 • 2153 Posts
If you have a child account, no if you dont, yes.
the_orc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_orc
Member since 2003 • 4817 Posts
I'm still waiting to beable to FF and REW my music. instead of just next and previous track.
sinx1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 sinx1971
Member since 2003 • 4731 Posts

I kinda like the new update. I especially like the fact now that whenever you unlock a new achievement that it tells you what it is and I like the new IM feature too.

Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Luncbox1
Member since 2006 • 4543 Posts
It doesn't really matter to me.  I guess it would be nice to stream videos while they're downloading, but it's nothing to piss your pants over.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
update has some nice touchups, but nothing substantial.
LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

I just think that the Updates OK. It's free and I never really was hyped up about it anyway, 'cause it's only a dashboard update and it's not really gonna enhance playing games in any way.

But overall, it's a small improvement so I've got nothing to complain about. I won't be using Windows Live from it cause MS completely screwed that up for the younger members.

dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts
it sucks i cant use the messenger. they should have it as a parental setting whether it can be used or not.
Cedric169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Cedric169
Member since 2005 • 2138 Posts
i like the new features but i don't like how windows live messenger work...u can only sign in with the account that u put first why they don't put they messenger like in the pc? where can u choose with what account u want to sign in...so i kinda dissapointed and mad about this 
Avatar image for KniferHitandRun
KniferHitandRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KniferHitandRun
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

Yeah nothing great, but just added a bit of convienence for thins. The aforementioned achievement changes and marketplace blade are nice. But MSN Messaging is pointless. Though I do like seeing the name of the disk that's in, and all the details when selected. I agree that you should be able to rewind, fast forward music. But really there are only two must have things:

1. Group voice chat. There is no reason why this shouldn't exist.

2. MORROWIND (not really an update, but a necessary BC game). 

peralta775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 peralta775
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts
I am more stoked about them finally fixing the VGA problem.
XheavensmileX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XheavensmileX
Member since 2007 • 867 Posts
I like it but I cant even use the messenger ,so it doesn`t change much.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Yeah nothing great, but just added a bit of convienence for thins. The aforementioned achievement changes and marketplace blade are nice. But MSN Messaging is pointless. Though I do like seeing the name of the disk that's in, and all the details when selected. I agree that you should be able to rewind, fast forward music. But really there are only two must have things:

KniferHitandRun

I think the only reason MS has failed to change the 1-on-1 voice chatting is for cheating in games. Entire teams can just use the Private Chat feature, often screwing with the intended chatting of the game.

I've never tried chatting with team members in Ranked Matches, so I wouldn't able to confirm this...

cecx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 cecx
Member since 2004 • 10568 Posts
I voted no because I fall under that child account bs and can't use the messanger. :|
cecx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 cecx
Member since 2004 • 10568 Posts
[QUOTE="KniferHitandRun"]

Aaron89

I think the only reason MS has failed to change the 1-on-1 voice chatting is for cheating in games. Entire teams can just use the Private Chat feature, often screwing with the intended chatting of the game.

I've never tried chatting with team members in Ranked Matches, so I wouldn't able to confirm this...

How can you cheat by private chatting?  Private team communication should be allowed IMO...no reason for the other team to know your strategy or plans. :)
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

How can you cheat by private chatting? Private team communication should be allowed IMO...no reason for the other team to know your strategy or plans. :)
cecx

You have a point - but I was actually thinking more of Gears of War and that team-chatting system. When a team member dies, he can no longer talk to the alive members (therefore unable to give the position of enemies).

KIELW93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 KIELW93
Member since 2005 • 4794 Posts
It's taking my 360 an insane amount of time to update.  How long is it taking everybody else? :?
Metalnoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Metalnoid
Member since 2006 • 1314 Posts
Thanks to Microsoft the video game industry is a lot better today.
-Kordras-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Kordras-
Member since 2007 • 238 Posts
I wasn't really wiating for it, but it's pretty nice as far as I can tell.
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#20 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
Its ok, even though I haven't tried out all the new features yet though:?
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Just to let you know that outside of the US MSN is the #1 IM program, so it's far from pointless. I love being about to use it on my 360. New blade is great, seeing what's in the disk drive is amazing and low powered downloads takes the cake. This is the best update yet.
doubleG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 doubleG3
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i was pretty anxious to get the update, but then i couldn't use messenger since i have a childs account,, all in all i dont think the wait was worth it.. but the rest of the features were pretty cool
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
nothing to change the way I do things really, so for me there was no wait for it to update.  When it updated that was cool, I like the reference levels, download features are cool too I guess, I can't use MSN.  Ok update. 
topher_ls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 topher_ls
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

I wish I could download it. When I try to download it, I get an error that it can't download the update. When I try to login it won't login without downloading the update.

I've tested my network settings, everything connects fine except to XboxLive. I can stream movies from my PC, just can't get the update. I can login to my XboxLive account on xbox.com on my PC.

proteKYFM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 proteKYFM
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
It's alright, seems pretty cool but nothing I'm marking off dates on my calender for.
Ammo87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ammo87
Member since 2005 • 648 Posts
I like the fact that playing through VGA looks better now.
trickazzmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 trickazzmark
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
its just an extra blade. and a few bells and whistles.