(SPOILERS)Red Dead Redemption

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rpg_addition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rpg_addition
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts

Was anyone happy with the ending? I was extremely pissed...

Any comments would be cool, just wondering what you thought.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

Yea I thought it was kinda lame that you had to play as emo Jack, and I swear I thought the game ended like 3-4 times before it actually did. Although it was kind of cool how John sacrificed himself for his family.

I wasn't that big of a fan of the game asa a whole though.

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

I thought the ending was a complete letdown, the epilogue mission was crap storywise.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

I thought the ending was a complete letdown, the epilogue mission was crap storywise.

andalore

Man I thought the whole game was a letdown. Doing dirty work after dirty work, in practically the same damn format as GTA 4. Not to mention the actual content of the game (dialogue, gameplay, characters) was pretty lame.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
I didn't like that you couldn't play as John after the ending. It means that DLC will also be emo Jack. Does Jack remind anyone else of Orlando Bloom in the Pirates movies?
jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts

I actually enjoyed it. Sweet, sweet revenge.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

I actually liked the ending, it showed really braver for john to die the way he did. if he wouldve left, he would realize that ross and his friends would keep looking for him

DiabeticDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#8 DiabeticDood
Member since 2005 • 4331 Posts
I really liked the ending! But I don't like playing as Jack that much.
rpg_addition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rpg_addition

I just don't get why Ross killed off John. And what did you do to get revenge on his family?

Drummer321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Drummer321
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
The ending sucked...Maybe theres gonna be a sequel..GTA 4's Story line was so much better to me.
Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts

I just don't get why Ross killed off John. And what did you do to get revenge on his family?

rpg_addition
Ross needs someone to hunt, or he doesn't have a job. And he's a jerk. You kill Ross, as Jack. The ending was good. OH no I don't get to play as John, who cares they look the same from behind. Anyways John sacrificed himself for his son, so his son could have a normal life, but his son just wants revenge.
Crimson540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Crimson540
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts

I thought Red Dead Redemption was great. I loved the story. I don't understand why so many people complain about it. The repetitive missions didn't bother me. I mean, what else do you expect from the missions besides running around and killing people? That's what John is meant to do. I focused more on the story than the gameplay.

And all the negative talk about Jack is really frustrating. People don't understand what kind of character he was meant to be and the character he unfortunately becomes in the end of the game, and so they whine about him being weird, annoying, etc. I thought that he was displayed very well throughout the entire game.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="rpg_addition"]

Agent-Zero

Ross needs someone to hunt, or he doesn't have a job. And he's a jerk. You kill Ross, as Jack. The ending was good. OH no I don't get to play as John, who cares they look the same from behind. Anyways John sacrificed himself for his son, so his son could have a normal life, but his son just wants revenge.

well in the end what happen is Ross never really planed to let John go in the first place. They used him to do their Job and then killed him. Thats the whole theme of the game if you ask me. You cant just go and live a life of crime and then act like it never happened. people dont forgive stuff like that and deep down inside John knew that. Thats whay they have the "Outlawas to the end" slogan.

rpg_addition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rpg_addition

So what did you guys do to get revenge? I hogtied his wife and put bait next to her, then a pack of wolves came and killed her. I just shot Ross' brother heaps.

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

So what did you guys do to get revenge? I hogtied his wife and put bait next to her, then a pack of wolves came and killed her. I just shot Ross' brother heaps.

rpg_addition

Haha,, all I did was fill Ross's face with about 6 rounds from my High Power Pistol....btw I don't get the whole emo Jack thing...How is he emo?

I_am_theOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 I_am_theOpus
Member since 2009 • 768 Posts

The ending was actually quite good storywise. If I wanted to read into it I would say Marston's death represented the death of the cowboy and the invasion of technology, one of the ongoing theme's in the plot. However, this is not an english class, so let's just say the ending was pretty badass.

Now what I didn't like was having to play as his "girlyman" (as governor schartzenegger would put it) of a son to complete the rest of the game. If he says "work it there nag" one more time, I swear to god I will lose it!

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Does Jack remind anyone else of Orlando Bloom in the Pirates movies?CodingGenius

Yes! i think its the goatee/beard combo

PostNothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PostNothing
Member since 2009 • 325 Posts
The ending was great actually. However, I didn't like the Remember My Family mission, I thought it would be more epic :p But it was too similar to GTA.
realblood33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 realblood33
Member since 2010 • 752 Posts

i felt like they killed john marston unreasonably, just to give the player a shell shock, it seems really out of character for him to walk into fire like that, i mean after all we spend the whole game realizing how badass marston is, but in the end he goes like a nobody.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Are you guys kidding me? The ending was awesome. I thought it was really heartfelt. You save your family, then you walk out the barn and get lit up. I almost cried!

and playing as Jack is so fitting. The epilogue mission is justified. (Red Dead.... REDEMPTION)

and did you guys notice? Your family is buried on the same hill where you find the "I Know you" quest. Its a connection to god/heaven. Really well done.

I loved the ending.

sniper_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 sniper_99
Member since 2004 • 2820 Posts

I thought the ending was brilliant! great way to end the game. idk about you guys but GTA4 was a letdown for me

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
I liked the ending a lot, great game too
alwaysdrunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alwaysdrunk13
Member since 2010 • 285 Posts
The ending was amazing. John's sacrifice left me with the same ending as the movie Unforgiven, and meant his attempts to be a better man had finally succeeded for eternity. The further seal of redemption as handled by Jack was a nice touch too. And then if you were sadistic like me, you took Ross's wife and brother out in new and exciting ways...
PostNothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PostNothing
Member since 2009 • 325 Posts

i felt like they killed john marston unreasonably, just to give the player a shell shock, it seems really out of character for him to walk into fire like that, i mean after all we spend the whole game realizing how badass marston is, but in the end he goes like a nobody.

realblood33
I kinda felt the same thing too, I mean I felt I could've killed the all the soldiers if they gave me the chance to outflank them. Nonetheless the ending was great :p
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

Yeah, I didn't like the Ending. I was like:

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

Are you guys kidding me? The ending was awesome. I thought it was really heartfelt. You save your family, then you walk out the barn and get lit up. I almost cried!

and playing as Jack is so fitting. The epilogue mission is justified. (Red Dead.... REDEMPTION)

and did you guys notice? Your family is buried on the same hill where you find the "I Know you" quest. Its a connection to god/heaven. Really well done.

I loved the ending.

Shmiity
This was one of the best game endings I'd ever seen in a game. Remember, they've pulled a lot of story ideas and themes from the old Spaghetti Westerns. And in those movies, many times the hero didn't always make it in the end. But he is still remembered as a hero. The missions on the ranch with the family had more meaning because of this ending. And playing as Jack is fitting. Because the ranch missions with Jack were like advanced tutorials for him of what we had done at the beginning of the game. Herding cattle, hunting, breaking horses, etc. It was fitting that you go on with Jack.
Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Gabez_R
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts
[QUOTE="CodingGenius"]I didn't like that you couldn't play as John after the ending. It means that DLC will also be emo Jack. Does Jack remind anyone else of Orlando Bloom in the Pirates movies?

100% agreed, someone completely incompetent trying to fill a giants shoes......Plus he has that stupid vioce argh. Otherwise I enjoyed the whole game, I couldn't stop playing and the only thing I didn't like about the ending was that I had to use that girly gay voice instead of John's...Otherwise the ending was quite cool, Johns redemption and all
Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gabez_R

Yeah, I didn't like the Ending. I was like:

Snipes_2

Oh no....why would you post that! The mods are gonna fry your ass for that one!

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

[QUOTE="andalore"]

SilentSoprano

Man I thought the whole game was a letdown. Doing dirty work after dirty work, in practically the same damn format as GTA 4. Not to mention the actual content of the game (dialogue, gameplay, characters) was pretty lame.

yea i really dont get how come some people say GTA4 was a letdown but this game is better ,now everyone say GTA4 wasn't that good and is the same stuff i dont wanna play a shooter with auto aim again is like playing a mario bros with auto jump
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
[QUOTE="Gabez_R"][QUOTE="CodingGenius"]I didn't like that you couldn't play as John after the ending. It means that DLC will also be emo Jack. Does Jack remind anyone else of Orlando Bloom in the Pirates movies?

100% agreed, someone completely incompetent trying to fill a giants shoes......Plus he has that stupid vioce argh. Otherwise I enjoyed the whole game, I couldn't stop playing and the only thing I didn't like about the ending was that I had to use that girly gay voice instead of John's...Otherwise the ending was quite cool, Johns redemption and all

Well, if they follow the DLC formula of GTA IV, any single player DLC will probably involve a completely different character who's story weaves in and out with John's story. Maybe you play a Mexican Rebel or a man in the Army. Who knows.
Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gabez_R
[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"][QUOTE="Gabez_R"][QUOTE="CodingGenius"]I didn't like that you couldn't play as John after the ending. It means that DLC will also be emo Jack. Does Jack remind anyone else of Orlando Bloom in the Pirates movies?

Well, if they follow the DLC formula of GTA IV, any single player DLC will probably involve a completely different character who's story weaves in and out with John's story. Maybe you play a Mexican Rebel or a man in the Army. Who knows.

I was actually agreeing with the Orlando Bloom thing :P Your most likely right for the DLC R* always do that, its spices things up.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Y'know, after racing back to the homestead to find Abi and Jack were whole and hale, I was greatly relieved- I had been expecting some final trick of Ross's. As the game continued, I began to hope that the game would tie up a few loose ends, and close out on a 'happily ever after' note. But then I started thinking about all the strangers I never came across, all the challenges and gang hideouts I never completed, and how a rancher wouldn't take time away from his ranch just to wander around the west doing odd jobs and hunting down bounty targets, and I began to worry that something would happen to Marston's family. The ending took me completely by surprise, but considering the only alternative to allow John to continue free roaming, I was glad of how it ended. I was less than than satisfied with how they dealt with Bonnie, though.
Ingenemployee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ingenemployee
Member since 2007 • 2307 Posts

realblood33

The reason he did that was because he knew that it would never end, his past would always catch up to him. If he had ran he would be putting his family in danger, his redemption was his death.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#35 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

It was a cool ending it was just lame playing as jack though XP

InjuredStraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 InjuredStraw
Member since 2009 • 151 Posts

didnt like it too much, just didn't feel right.

ThatRandomDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ThatRandomDude
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Well I sure was sad that John died, but I feel this was the best ending possible. It was very emotional and it has a meaning, no matter what you do, you cannot forget the mistakes of the past. Although playing as Jack felt a bit wrong, the ending was extremely well done.
Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

I loved the ending.

Shmiity

Oh really? Is that what that whole "I know you" side mission is about? Some sort of connection between the stranger and their burial sites?

I never understood what the point of that side quest was.

Revixe06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Revixe06
Member since 2008 • 1021 Posts
I thought that the ending was pretty good, but I don't like playing as Jack.
Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

I didn't like that you couldn't play as John after the ending. It means that DLC will also be emo Jack. Does Jack remind anyone else of Orlando Bloom in the Pirates movies?CodingGenius

LMAO!

On topic: the ending could have been much better for sure. I beat the game and thought to myself how am i going to free roam now? EMO JACK!!! meh the game was great but they definately stumbled at the end.

x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts

Was anyone happy with the ending? I was extremely pissed...

Any comments would be cool, just wondering what you thought.

rpg_addition
it was epic... nuff' said
HipnotiKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HipnotiKal
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
the funniest thing was when you're supposed to walk out in a blaze of glory, i exited the targeting system and tried to take cover, only to be lit up in a hail storm of gun fire.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#48 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I liked the ending VERY MUCH because it was realistic. There was nor riding off into the sunset with a happy song, there was no lets kill on these officers & then have dinner around the table...the was ONLY you do bad & you get punished for it at the end. One of the most realistic & amazing games I've played this year.