[spoiler] Did you like the ending in Red Dead Redemption???

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JeanAlex22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JeanAlex22
Member since 2011 • 307 Posts

The ending for me was undoubtedly good and fitting, but I didn't really want it to end the way it did . . . I would've liked it better if the actual ending of the game was when you finally met your family after you killed Dutch then just resumed to free roam . . .

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

The ending?

Or the ending after the ending?

I loved RDR, one of the best games I've ever played.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Eh I enjoyed it, it wasn't the best but it was fitting and a pretty epic way to go.

JeanAlex22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JeanAlex22
Member since 2011 • 307 Posts

The ending?

ZombieKiller7

What do you mean, I'm talking about the ending where John got shot by soldiers and died then 3 years later Abigail died as well and now I resume free roam using Jack . . . Is there another ending after this???

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#5 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

I liked the ending, one of my favorites all time.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Red Dead Redemption is my favorite game this gen and the ending DOES seem fitting, but at first I was like... Sh!t Marston!!!! I mean he was massacred.... Then when you avenge John's death it ends well...

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#7 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

The ending?

JeanAlex22

What do you mean, I'm talking about the ending where John got shot by soldiers and died then 3 years later Abigail died as well and now I resume free roam using Jack . . . Is there another ending after this???

Yes, after you gain control of Jack there is another objective that allows you to finish what Marston started.

Davulao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Davulao
Member since 2007 • 1042 Posts

Speaking of the ending, does anyone know what song was played at the end? Not the credits one, but while you ride home for the first time. Near the end of the game.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

The ending?

JeanAlex22

PROTIP: it ain't over 'til the credits roll. My biggest regret at the end of the game was that I spotted the G-man(can't remember his name) too late to put a bullet into him before his army in miniature cut me down. And I felt bad for Bonnie when you met her at the ranch.
onebeelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 onebeelo
Member since 2011 • 440 Posts
no. dragged on for too long. i didnt like the game either though.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I loved the ending. Having John die was really the only fitting ending for the game, tragic though it was. Although I don't think I would have enjoyed it nearly as much if they hadn't put in the revenge sidequest after it.

BounceandBurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BounceandBurst
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Honestly? I didn't really care for it. Nothing against anyone that did, it was a great story. I don't know I guess I'm one of those people I spend so much time invested in the character and the story that I just hate seeing them killed off.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
I'm with ya bounce, I wasn't too thrilled with the ending either.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
Yes, one of the best endings in a game i have seen in a while now.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

The ending was extremey effective, yes. But afterwards I was like "Dang it, I don't want to play as his son." Haha doesn't make sense, but yeah :) I guess overall I liked it.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I loved it. The game drew me in and the ending was like a movie. I still didn't finish the game fully. I just don't want it to end lol.

mde42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mde42
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts

I loved and hated the ending. Therefore I loved it. I didn't want John to die. I felt like I knew him, like we bonded on his journey. From the first mission getting shot, to riding home to his family after everything right up until the moment you knew what was going to happen. He just felt like a part of you. His tragic end really changed the way games do things. It felt honest.

Avatar image for MaxPayneKillers
MaxPayneKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MaxPayneKillers
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
Seemed a fitting end, especially when Jack avenges his father, but I hate Jack because he's a panzy. John was a better, more developed character.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
It had a very logical ending, something you can't say about a lot of things let alone video games. I had a similar experience when Samurai Champloo ended. Jack wasn't my favorite but believe me I loved it when he got revenge. I really, really got attached to John Marston. Favorite character this generation. I wish I could see him in other games, but like a great TV show that gets cancelled way too early I just won't see that. Of course, if you finished Undead Nightmare they could pull some crazy BS third ending that err,... changes things but that would wholly unrealistic. Would I like to play as John during his days running with the gang in the late 1890's before Jack is born and where he meets his wife? **** Yea! But sadly I doubt we ever see John Marston in a video game again which sucks because he's suck an awesome character.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Seemed a fitting end, especially when Jack avenges his father, but I hate Jack because he's a panzy. John was a better, more developed character.MaxPayneKillers
My biggest gripe is Jack should've appeared much earlier in the game. Maybe he could've run into his dad on early missions, or something. They shouldn't have made the last part of the story, the family part, feel as rushed as it did. Those missions should've been spread out over the course of the whole game. Maybe the first 15 missions you can hang out with Jack because Abigail was held hostage, then the next 15 missions it was the opposite with Abigail around and Jack as a hostage. That would've at least made us not hate Abigail for being the reason John couldn't be with Bonnie coz she would have been more developed.
lamech777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lamech777
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts
I loved the game from start to finish, but hate that Jon Marsten had to die. Hated it so much that after playing the game thru for the second time around I cannot bring myself to walk over to that barn. Its the only mission I have left. Damn You barn!!
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
One of the best endings i've experienced after such a fantastic game.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
I loved it, even the ending while tragic it had to happen.
Virtua_Souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Virtua_Souls
Member since 2012 • 267 Posts

Absolutely. RDD's ending is one of the best that I've ever seen in a game. The build-up to it was masterfully done. After John gets his "life" back, I bascially thought the game was over, but what happenend when the "law" came for him? Man, that was a shock.

The actual ending of it just blew me away. The credits started rolling and I was just like... "Wow". Basically speechless. So yeah, extremely good ending.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
I was shocked, which made it very good. Loved it.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

The ending?

ZombieKiller7

This. And both were good.

Panteiakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 Panteiakos
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts

Well it might sound like.... too much but i played this game last summer and till this day it feels like i lost someone i knew. Good memories though. So the ending worked..

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

This thread makes me want to complete RDR for the third time.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
all the game its amazing and the ending its epic
BreakingDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BreakingDeath
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts
I personally loved it. Albeit, I wasn't fond of the idea of playing the son, and I had to google the game on Wiki to realize that I had not finished the game. The ending after the ending was neat, though. I pray they make Red Dead Redemption 2.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I didn't like the ending, or in a sense...I didn't like the build up to the ending. After you reunite with your family you have to play a bunch of missions with John Marston's family. It just felt like obvious characters development and seemed really forced. It also doesn't help that the missions that you play with the family are very very boring.

BeatMastaFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BeatMastaFlex
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts

NO! i hated playing as john's son he is a little b**** compared to john marston.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

HELL NO. they killed my dude!!! BUT he went out like a trooper

hopefully rockstar does know better and have a 2 in the works

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
It would have been incredible if they didn't include the revenge epilogue.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
It was done very well. John was one of those characters you grew attached to and seeing him go so tragically while protecting his family was really kind of bittersweet. I did like finally getting revenge on the bad guy's family with his son. Heh, I even set his wife on fire at the house with a molotov. Still, his son got a little annoying and I wish there was a way you could continue to use John as a character. Oh well. Great game. I hope there's another one in the series.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

*********************SPOILERS************************

By the time John met his untimely death, I was started to get a bit bored with the game. It seemed to have dragged on forever and I was ready for it to end. That being said, the game was pretty "epic" and I can't deny the high production values it has. I thought John's death was a fitting end, considering all he went through and the people he was working for the whole time. I wasn't a huge fan of having to play as Jack for a little while afterwards, but I thought it was neat nevertheless that you got revenge on the man responsible for your father's murder. It was definitely a solid ending that made me a bit shocked after having been tired of the game beforehand.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

Mass Effect 3s ending actually reminded me of RDRs ending

You spend the entire game trying to escape your past, trying to put things right & in the end..... you die.

In ME3s ending you spend the entire game fighting the reapers, trying to save the galaxy & in the end........ you guessed it.

Funny how people were so harsh on ME3 for not having a happy ending but everybody seems to be fine with RDR.

I personally like sad ending more. RDR ending was unique, the same way ME3s ending was. They didnt copp out for some lame happy ending, they really made you feel by having the charcater die at the end no matter what you do. Its realistic, it wasnt predictable.

You care for people more after their death than you do when they're alive.

yazman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yazman666
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts
Epic endings...both.....because i concider the second ending is the score settle about the first one.....even though i killed the guy i felt very angry about it he was old and done with his live alreadu fishing to spent the time i would have kill the lady at his old lady and track his heir and then kill him.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
I loved the ending. It's not cliche, not everything should have a happy ending
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

Yes I loved it even though people spoiled it for me.

Maor-Teo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Maor-Teo
Member since 2012 • 87 Posts
No. Too melancholy for my tastes.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#42 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Its easily one of, if not THE best ending in games. Its shocking but not entirely hard to see coming with subtle hints given throughout, and when the "true" second ending happens you feel satisfied. The game and its epic journey concluded, and though Marston is dead his legacy lives on, despite his son now taking up the lifestyle he sought to protect him from.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
The ending while tragic fit RDR perfectly and was well done, despite my dislike for being stuck playing as Jack.
Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

No. Too melancholy for my tastes.Maor-Teo
This is the whole point of the game though - the main theme of the story is about redemption, and whether it's possible for a man like John to outrun his sins and get a second chance at life. The ending tells us that no matter how one might try, what's done cannot be undone, and we all answer for our decisions eventually.

John got his, so did Edgar Ross, as will we all.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
I found it appropriate and compelling. Had mixed feelings about assuming the son's character afterward, though.
potarto72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 potarto72
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I had mixed feelings about it. Although I'm not horribly upset that John dies and we have to play as Jack, (Who really isn't that bad), its the WAY it all happened. Why the heck did John not go out the other side of the barn and ride off? Why did he run out into that huge crowd of enemies when he knew they were there? Why is there no explanation for why they randomly come to his house and gun him down? Why are there no events leading up to it? (Wow, I shot a bear, and some wolves, and herded cattle, and--OH MY GOD THE US ARMY IS RAIDING MY HOUSE). It doesnt explain why Abigail dies, either. None of the previous characters have any relevance to it, (What if Bonnie shows up and saves John, or maybe Irish or Landon Rickets comes in and shoots em all down!) The implied "aftermath" is not bad, but the end sequence itself is a horrible piece of poo.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
Jack to John was like Raiden to Snake, good enough but seems like b****. I liked Johns ending more than Jacks though.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Poiler (just in case):

Perfect ending for an outstanding game.

I didn't like the idea of John dying, but it was fitting, climating and all around great.

Also, taking revenge with his son made me feel great, emptied my gun on the bastard ^^

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
I love the game but I was a bit upset about the ending.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

I liked the ending, one of my favorites all time.

Blueresident87
same here