Sorry... but I have to give RE5 demo a 6 out of 10

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drumboy96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Drumboy96
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts
found the game pretty repetative and the bosses were pretty hard, I coundn't even beat the chainsaw guy in the second level and the axe guy in the first level!
Supertramp20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Supertramp20
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts
everyones saying that it was bad but i liked it. and its not that hard
colbaayyee2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 colbaayyee2011
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i would give it a 8.5 out of 10. the demo looks really good and brings back the old RE4.(witch i loved on PS2) i think this game will be awesome and verry difficult. haha.:)
infamous_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 infamous_27
Member since 2008 • 857 Posts
There were no bosses... you weren't suppose to kill the axe guy...
SteeleInd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SteeleInd
Member since 2005 • 913 Posts
You ARE supposed to beat the chainsaw guy, though. So yes there are bosses.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

There were no bosses... you weren't suppose to kill the axe guy...infamous_27

I killed the axe guy he's easy to bea just run around him and shotty him or go onto a building and fire on him from there. The chainsaw boss on the other hand was too hard to beat.

PJthePlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PJthePlayer
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts
I'd give it a 7 out of 10. While the gameplay is really cool, I miss the REAL zombies from the other Resident Evil games. These zombies (in 4 and 5) are borderline aliens... and shooting them in the head is actually a bad thing... not the kind of zombies I remember from childhood!
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

[QUOTE="infamous_27"]There were no bosses... you weren't suppose to kill the axe guy...nVidiaGaMer

I killed the axe guy he's easy to bea just run around him and shotty him or go onto a building and fire on him from there. The chainsaw boss on the other hand was too hard to beat.

three hand gun shots to the face will cause him to stagger, run up to him and punch him rinse and repeat :)
Avatar image for TwistedMetalFan
TwistedMetalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 TwistedMetalFan
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
The bosses wern't killable for a reason, its a demo! Its hard to truly judge how good a games going to be from a demo.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lbjkurono23
The bosses wern't killable for a reason, its a demo! Its hard to truly judge how good a games going to be from a demo.TwistedMetalFan
actually you can kill them both
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nVidiaGaMer
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

[QUOTE="infamous_27"]There were no bosses... you weren't suppose to kill the axe guy...lbjkurono23

three hand gun shots to the face will cause him to stagger, run up to him and punch him rinse and repeat :)

Thanks. I kept shooting the exploding barrels and when he fell I chucked grenades and ran back and repeated and I kept dying.

TwistedMetalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TwistedMetalFan
[QUOTE="TwistedMetalFan"]The bosses wern't killable for a reason, its a demo! Its hard to truly judge how good a games going to be from a demo.lbjkurono23

Huh, really? I Shot every bullet into the chainsaw guy, shot every explosive barrel by him, hit him with every granade, still couldn't kill him. I didn't even try to kill the executioner.
sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 sk8erwarlock
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
Sorry... but i have to give RE5 demo a 9.75 out of 10...
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts
Did u online co-op? I played it with my friend! It was so sick!! We tried to kill the big dude but we ran out of time when the chopper came right as the grenade hit the ground!! Its really good i just don't like how long it is when you die!!!!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts
So, you gave it a bad rating for being too hard and "repetitive?" What exactly is "repetitive" in your sense of a game then?
venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
This is A demo people geez LOL !
XxWOND3RB3ADxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XxWOND3RB3ADxX
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts
found the game pretty repetative and the bosses were pretty hard, I coundn't even beat the chainsaw guy in the second level and the axe guy in the first level!Drumboy96
I agree it wasn't fun and everything was really slow and the aiming on the guns were retarted and not to add the gay shooting you have to stop everytime your shootin. Everytime in those type of guns i want to run gun. Just not my type of game i guess.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nVidiaGaMer

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"][QUOTE="TwistedMetalFan"]The bosses wern't killable for a reason, its a demo! Its hard to truly judge how good a games going to be from a demo.TwistedMetalFan

Huh, really? I Shot every bullet into the chainsaw guy, shot every explosive barrel by him, hit him with every granade, still couldn't kill him. I didn't even try to kill the executioner.

The executioner is surprisingly easier to kill but theres a stratedgy to kill the chainsaw guy look in the previous posts.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
found the game pretty repetative and the bosses were pretty hard, I coundn't even beat the chainsaw guy in the second level and the axe guy in the first level!Drumboy96
shotgun does the trick. Only time I died was the first play through of the second level. After I just turned my faulty 360 off because I didnt feel like finishing the demo >_>
TwistedMetalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TwistedMetalFan

[QUOTE="TwistedMetalFan"][QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] actually you can kill them bothnVidiaGaMer

The executioner is surprisingly easier to kill but theres a stratedgy to kill the chainsaw guy look in the previous posts.

Yeah I read the post, I'll have to go try it now, thanks!

BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts
its garbage.no real upgrades from RE4
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lbjkurono23
Did u online co-op? I played it with my friend! It was so sick!! We tried to kill the big dude but we ran out of time when the chopper came right as the grenade hit the ground!! Its really good i just don't like how long it is when you die!!!!!xmen1414
yeah when I first heard of it I thought it would suck the fun out of it. So today I decided to play it online and it was a blast :P so much fun (though the guy I played with was kind of getting the handle of the game) I had to revive him three times then he got kill by the executioner :o
DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
There were no bosses... you weren't suppose to kill the axe guy...infamous_27
But you can and it's not that hard. Just keep your distance. This is also only a demo.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

The demo was pretty much what I expected all along.

It has that RE4 feel even though the controls take getting used to. I like that there is a "lack" of ammo. It means that you can't plow your way through hordes and have to stun enemies to melee them (all you have to use is one bullet to kill an enemy)

Overall, the demo was pretty good. Controls are kind of wierd but you can get used to them. Single player is significantly harder than co-op due to the lacking AI support from Shiva.

As for the chainsaw guy being impossible to beat; here is what I did:

1) take your rifle out and shoot his head once to make him kneel.

2) Run up and punch then go back to same spot and repeat.

3) If he gets close go all the way to the back, take aim at the red barrel he's next to and shoot to make him kneel. Run up and punch him.

At this point I kept running in circles between the house and narrow path way leading the chainsaw guy towards the barrels. Once the barrels were gone, I used grenades and rifle headshots to make him kneel. The smg works well if you are not too good at aiming.

Thats pretty much how I got him down. Hope it helps. :)

I give RE5 demo an 8.8/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5dc1155346926
deactivated-5dc1155346926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5dc1155346926
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
the only thing I didn't like is YOU CAN'T MOVE WHILE SHOOTING. That to me is almost like cheating or something... So they are free to run at me and all of that but I can only aim and stand in one place??? Or else run to get some distance and stand in one place again? How real is that? Yes, I know older games were that way but we are in a new gen now... let me at least walk or roll or something while aiming...
InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts
Yep the demo was garbage, thanks CAPCOM, won't be spending my money now since I can't move AND shoot at the same time. I've never seen a hardcore military person in any game that can't do 2 things at once. Better graphics does not equal a sequel, sorry. .
mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts
people say that its hard because there is no checkpoint.get over it and wait for the full version.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I can't move AND shoot at the same time.InjuredNoodle

You obviously have never played any Resident Evil game before.

Its done that way because you are not supposed to tank your way through ambushes.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#29 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
So it's hard and you give it a 6/10 :roll: Repetitive? It's an action game
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#30 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
It was a decent demo I was hoping it would be better but it was just meh...
Gamerzone23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Gamerzone23
Member since 2006 • 497 Posts
everyones saying that it was bad but i liked it. and its not that hardSupertramp20
I agree. You just have to play close attention to defeat both bosses. Most Resident Evil fans are use to pausing the game then selecting their weapons, here you can do so during game play, most doesn't like that feature to much. I think the demo was AWESOME. :)
enemylines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 enemylines
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
It was a decent demo I was hoping it would be better but it was just meh...nhlkiller
Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts
I didn't like it either. I am new to RE so maybe it's just not my cup of tea, but I hated the fact you couldn't move while aiming or reloading (you couldn't even move with a knife equipped WTF) and I really hate the controls. I also thought the demo was too hard and it wasn't even scary at all. The co-op isn't even that good and there isn't NEARLY enough ammo. Zombie games are supposed to be about killing hordes of zombies with a shot-gun and watching the guts fly everywhere, so why can't I do that in the supposed king of zombie games? I would agree with a 6 out of ten for the demo, I'm definately not getting RE5.
jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

So, pretty much everyone who hated it has never played RE4, let alone another RE. I guess that's understandable.

RE4 and RE5 are Action/Survival/Horror game, you're supposed to keep surviving by the skin of your teeth. Giving you more ammo or letting you move while shooting would cause it to lose what makes it exciting. That being said, playing it single player was pretty lacking, but offline co-op was a blast! Me and my friend played through both sections twice. I was worried about how much it shared with RE4, but the fact that it moves much faster than 4, and has co-op really give it legs.

ihopNESS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ihopNESS
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts

I thought It was Pretty Good Ill give it 9.0:D

though The Controls are hard to get use to :P

gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts

you just lick rat turds at that gamemitchconlin

That was a constructive comment...:roll:

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
In all the years i've played video games, i never thought that "hard" would equal to bad, unless it's frustrating like K&L: Dead Men, where the gameplay just doesn't lets you do what the developers wanted. if you find a game hard, get better at it, end of the story.
ihopNESS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ihopNESS
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts

the only thing I didn't like is YOU CAN'T MOVE WHILE SHOOTING. That to me is almost like cheating or something... So they are free to run at me and all of that but I can only aim and stand in one place??? Or else run to get some distance and stand in one place again? How real is that? Yes, I know older games were that way but we are in a new gen now... let me at least walk or roll or something while aiming...kenken2g

At least The Enemies Suck At Hitting And Aiming

And They Are Slow :P

gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts

So, pretty much everyone who hated it has never played RE4, let alone another RE. I guess that's understandable.

RE4 and RE5 are Action/Survival/Horror game, you're supposed to keep surviving by the skin of your teeth. Giving you more ammo or letting you move while shooting would cause it to lose what makes it exciting. That being said, playing it single player was pretty lacking, but offline co-op was a blast! Me and my friend played through both sections twice. I was worried about how much it shared with RE4, but the fact that it moves much faster than 4, and has co-op really give it legs.

jmangafan

I think only one person said that. I used to be a huge fan of the Resident Evil series back when it actually was a survival/horror game. Now it's just a straight up 3rd person shooter with poor controls.

ownzone55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ownzone55
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts
What did some of you expect halo mixed l4d. This game is awsome it plays like the older resident evils from i remember. In fact the only reason i would buy playsation was for re5 and final fantasy but now all has changed. :)
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

so many new comers to the RE series. its kinda sad to see such a great series overlooked for so longed and the picked up because everyone esle is getting it. And thats what everyone complaining about not being able to move and shoot at the same time is doing. Thats never been possible in past games and so im glad its not now. wouldnt have been a RE if it did allow that. and moving wouldnt have made it more fun or given the player more options or playability. it would have just made it easier to play it like every other game out there. and for it not improving much since RE4 lets look at it from what we know and not what your guessing.

1. new story= upgrade

2. vastly improved graphics= upgrade

3. gameplay mechanics+co-op integrated smoothly= upgrade

4. deadlier foes and harder bosses= upgrade

5. and last but not least the return of Wesker= ULTIMATE UPGRADE

and since thats all we know, including everyone on this site. it looks like its chapping up to be a very nice sequel

strobeshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 strobeshow
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
its a demo... and you dont have to apologize by any means. what you think of it doesnt affect what i think of it.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
6 out of 10 just because it is hard? So what, if it was easy it would suck even more. You need some challenge at least.
blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts
It's hard to judge a game by the demo. I thought the demo was good and I like harder games anyway. i think this game will be great
kakkarott23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 kakkarott23
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts
I am just happy the tank controls are gone. I was able to do it way bake when but now not so much. The not moving thing is Resident Evil.
rocketman97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rocketman97
Member since 2004 • 95 Posts
I like everything about the game except for the lack of an ability to move while shooting. with that many quick moving zombies at once, sitting still while sluggishly firing rounds just doesn't really scream "genius idea" to me. However, the graphics, coop and everything else ive seen so far are stellar
Avatar image for deactivated-5dc1155346926
deactivated-5dc1155346926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5dc1155346926
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

I like everything about the game except for the lack of an ability to move while shooting. with that many quick moving zombies at once, sitting still while sluggishly firing rounds just doesn't really scream "genius idea" to me. However, the graphics, coop and everything else ive seen so far are stellarrocketman97

I agree. Not being able to move and shoot is just dumb, even if it was this way in the older RE games. It's a new gen now... we should at least be able to walk and aim or roll away or something. I think just that alone kills the gameplay and makes me not want to buy it.

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
Meh. I'm still excited for this game. I felt RE4 was really hard at first, and that it was a bit dull. But after an hour or two I began to love it. One of my favorite games to date. I expect I'll have similar feelings with RE5. I still really wanna play the demo, but my 360 is broken and I won't be getting it back til later this week (hopefully)
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
i'd give the demo a 4/10 simply because of atrocious controls.