So what do you all think of Saints Row The Third?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3DSTICKMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 3DSTICKMAN
Member since 2011 • 301 Posts

Anyone intrested in this?

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

Uhh I think the series has gone from wacky to plane stupid. so I'll pass. Thats just my opinion though.

3DSTICKMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 3DSTICKMAN
you have got a point... I do think it does look stupid to the point where it wouldn't be fun... I think you still need abit realism in video-games tbh
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Too kiddy

It seems that each game they make they try harder to reach that 12 year old demographic that can't watch R rated movies and want some way to feel "mature"

While GTA keeps on evolving into a better and better experience that links story and gameplay Saints Row just keeps devolving into something that's less then what the first one started out as.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

I'll probably buy it at like $20-30, since the second one was alright.

3DSTICKMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 3DSTICKMAN

Too kiddy

It seems that each game they make they try harder to reach that 12 year old demographic that can't watch R rated movies and want some way to feel "mature"

While GTA keeps on evolving into a better and better experience that links story and gameplay Saints Row just keeps devolving into something that's less then what the first one started out as.

Jaysonguy
didnt you enjoy 2? Im currently playing Saints row 2... never really tried the first one thinking of getting it... but as for 3, I dont know looks too OTT.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Too kiddy

3DSTICKMAN

didnt you enjoy 2? Im currently playing Saints row 2... never really tried the first one thinking of getting it... but as for 3, I dont know looks too OTT.

I think that the games got worse as the series went on, from the single player to the multiplayer. Saints Row 2 probably has a little bit more edge because of the customizations and co-op feature.

Don't get me wrong, I like to mess around in games, but this stuff doesn't appeal to me. Kicking pedestrians in the balls, shooting them from cannons, flying jets...yeah that would of been cool to me, when I was 9.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Too kiddy

3DSTICKMAN

I have it and I tried playing some of it but ehhhh

It's just too disjointed for me, there's no real story it's just a bunch of missions with a microscopically thin level of story in between

Morrdecai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Morrdecai
Member since 2011 • 587 Posts
Looks fun as hell. Can't wait to play it.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Saints Row games are fun. I'll buy it when I have a chance but there are so many games coming out later this year.
doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
Saints Row 2 is my favourite open world game this gen.. Cant wait for Third. I do have a feeling I wont like it as much as the second though. from the gameplay trailers I think it seems as if theyre trying too hard to be over the top now.
SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SilverSignal
Member since 2011 • 551 Posts
I won't be getting it. The series as a whole is very stupid, and not the good kind. I imagine the majority of the audience will be kids which means playing it online would be torture.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jagged3dge

^ The two people above me described exactly how I feel about it.

Surprised it has so much hype. Don't remember the last 2 having that.

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

Its fine, although I got games I wanna get first before buying it, and I hope its really that good which it should be.

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Didn't like the second, not interested in the third.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

I'll probably buy it at like $20-30, since the second one was alright.

Drakebunny

same. I wont be buying it at $40+ thats for sure. I have the first 2 and they are fun games for about $25 each.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#17 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
The demo was totally action packed... WHICH IS AWESOME!!!!! I'm getting it when it's cheaper, that's for sure. :D
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Havent looked into itat all but i will buy it eventually. Played the hell out of the second one.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

i thought the first one looked retardedly stupid, it's just gone downhill from there.

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts

My GF loves the saints row series so il probably get the third one for her :p The story could use some more development but it can be a fun game.

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

Although, again it looks fine.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
Looks like alot of mindless fun, definitely getting it.
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

Looks like the gameplay has improved vastly over what I've seen of 1 and 2.

I only today just borrowed the first and second from a friend, so I'll play through those, and will have to see about the third. But it looks like it looks more 'quality' than the past two, and good for some plain and stupid fun.

zaydhauqe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zaydhauqe1234
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I think it looks awesome and cant wait until it comes out
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
day one purhase for me
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
Personally I'm very interested. The point of having extreme sandbox ie "you can do anything, be anything" doesn't mean you actually HAVE to go around kicking pedestrians in the balls, it just means you can. You don't HAVE to wear a chicken suit, but you can. You don't HAVE to shoot people out of cannons, but you can. Let's say I'm some extreme "roleplay" guy, I wanna roleplay the agent from Just Cause 2, cause havok and chaos in an American city, to destabilize the government. In Saints Row games you can. You can take any plot you can think of, and apply it to SR2/3 and it will work. That's really the beauty of the system, that you can replay your favorite movies, be the Joker or the hero, whatever you like.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i didn't like saints row 2 and i dont like the third game.

SithLord5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SithLord5566
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

I liked the first and second, if you actually play these games for the story then you will be dissapointed, i just went into them knowing they were over the top and just had fun. Cant wait for the third.

SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SilverSignal
Member since 2011 • 551 Posts

Personally I'm very interested. The point of having extreme sandbox ie "you can do anything, be anything" doesn't mean you actually HAVE to go around kicking pedestrians in the balls, it just means you can. You don't HAVE to wear a chicken suit, but you can. You don't HAVE to shoot people out of cannons, but you can. Let's say I'm some extreme "roleplay" guy, I wanna roleplay the agent from Just Cause 2, cause havok and chaos in an American city, to destabilize the government. In Saints Row games you can. You can take any plot you can think of, and apply it to SR2/3 and it will work. That's really the beauty of the system, that you can replay your favorite movies, be the Joker or the hero, whatever you like.ZombieKiller7

The chances of people actually doing that though are slim. People buy these games to be as stupid as the real world won't allow. Which to me sounds about as appealing as getting piles.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#30 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

looks interesting, but stupid at the same time

BoogieL0ve20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#31 BoogieL0ve20xx
Member since 2010 • 81 Posts
Yeah, I'm highly interested. I'm just a little nervous that it might not be supah supe.... Like, I was gonna trade in SR2 for it, but then I thought, "What if it's not as good?" Sure, I could always buy it again, but I don't wanna risk it. I'm torn, and I have to get into SR3 before I can fully decide. I really don't know how I feel about it being all futuristic with the vehicles and what have you. And, also, if the cars were futuristic, don't you think dild0 would look a lil different in the future? Lol! We shall see...
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
It's a game about having fun. But obviously that's "too kiddy" for some people. Personally I think it's rather kiddy to insult others just because they like games that you don't but that's just me. I know that I will enjoy Saints Row 3.
MartyBhoy1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MartyBhoy1888
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I won't be getting it. The series as a whole is very stupid, and not the good kind. I imagine the majority of the audience will be kids which means playing it online would be torture. SilverSignal
I dont think there is online
Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

I'll be buying the game for sure, I'm looking forward to creating my female character and once again having silly over the top fun without being bored to death with the usual male only lead that other sand box games force.
I want to be having fun with my created female character, not being bored to tears with yet another bland male only lead like so many other games keep having.

Bring on the mobile catapult.

And the game doesn't have a dedicatedmulti-player so that's a bonus, it has a co-op mode like Saint's Row 2, but that's the most for online modes.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#35 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I haven't been following it. I'm reminded, though, that I need to get around to playing the second game first.
Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#36 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts
Looks awesome to me can't wait to play it.
Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I do not see myself picking up a copy of Saints Row 3, now if someone buys it for me I will never pass up a free game.
Avatar image for Wetworks_Gunner
Wetworks_Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wetworks_Gunner
Member since 2011 • 153 Posts

nope, looks plain stupid

Evandemocracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Evandemocracy
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

I Loved Saints Row 1 And 2 and iv watched some of the Game Play and they managed to raise the Bar in Silly-ness lol and i think some people may have a hard time Understanding that they made the Game the way they made is to be more distant from being a Carbon Copy of GTA and that they want to be Different and Really Fun and Crazy at the same time and some people need to be more Open Minded and realize that not all games need to simulate realism and yet do things you couldnt possibly do in real life and there's nothing wrong with standing out and being Different and having a good time while doing it.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jagged3dge

I Loved Saints Row 1 And 2 and iv watched some of the Game Play and they managed to raise the Bar in Silly-ness lol and i think some people may have a hard time Understanding that they made the Game the way they made is to be more distant from being a Carbon Copy of GTA and that they want to be Different and Really Fun and Crazy at the same time and some people need to be more Open Minded and realize that not all games need to simulate realism and yet do things you couldnt possibly do in real life and there's nothing wrong with standing out and being Different and having a good time while doing it.

Evandemocracy

Use periods much?

But the other Saints Row games were already wayy different from that of GTA. You definitely have to want to play one of the games specifically because they aren't alike at all. I'm sure that people that played Saints Row 1 & 2 are open minded and realize not all games need to simulate realism, seeing as how both of those games weren't very realistic at all.

With that said, not being interested in Saints Row 3 doesn't make me not open-minded. I just feel that the game has chosen to go too much over the topp and now comes off as corny to me. But thats my opinion. No need to disrespect it.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jagged3dge

I'll be buying the game for sure, I'm looking forward to creating my female character and once again having silly over the top fun without being bored to death with the usual male only lead that other sand box games force.
I want to be having fun with my created female character, not being bored to tears with yet another bland male only lead like so many other games keep having.

Bring on the mobile catapult.

And the game doesn't have a dedicatedmulti-player so that's a bonus, it has a co-op mode like Saint's Row 2, but that's the most for online modes.

Smokescreened84

Deja vu? I think I saw you mention that you wanted to be a female character in another game too...

Evandemocracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Evandemocracy
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

[QUOTE="Evandemocracy"]

Jagged3dge

Use periods much?

But the other Saints Row games were already wayy different from that of GTA. You definitely have to want to play one of the games specifically because they aren't alike at all. I'm sure that people that played Saints Row 1 & 2 are open minded and realize not all games need to simulate realism, seeing as how both of those games weren't very realistic at all.

With that said, not being interested in Saints Row 3 doesn't make me not open-minded. I just feel that the game has chosen to go too much over the topp and now comes off as corny to me. But thats my opinion. No need to disrespect it.

Why did you bother going into this posting if you didn't care for it in the first place let alone care enough if i use periods or not in a post? well i guess i can see your priorities and concerns Ooh look i just put a period here . I guess you better Call the Police also be a sport and check all the postings in the Forums to make sure there's periods and also punctuations in there rightful places.Cause i cant Imagine what would happen especially some one so pathetically Anal would react if they read a meaningless message about a game without a period at the End. I guess some have the time too Since there's a few Losers in every Forum who feel the need to scout the perimeter and make sure if somebody puts enough periods to how many exclamation points they should use in there posting. Its good to know that your using your free-time so productively. Because your one the 2% out of the Rest of Us who just don't Care and its really Sad because it sounds like you don't have much of a Life for any body to be that concerned on something so meaningless as a period on a video game forum.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

[QUOTE="Evandemocracy"]

Evandemocracy

Use periods much?

Why did you bother going into this posting if you didn't care for it in the first place let alone care enough if i use periods or not in a post? well i guess i can see your priorities and concerns Ooh look i just put a period here . I guess you better Call the Police also be a sport and check all the postings in the Forums to make sure there's periods and also punctuations in there rightful places.Cause i cant Imagine what would happen especially some one so pathetically Anal would react if they read a meaningless message about a game without a period at the End. I guess some have the time too Since there's a few Losers in every Forum who feel the need to scout the perimeter and make sure if somebody puts enough periods to how many exclamation points they should use in there posting. Its good to know that your using your free-time so productively. Because your one the 2% out of the Rest of Us who just don't Care and its really Sad because it sounds like you don't have much of a Life for any body to be that concerned on something so meaningless as a period on a video game forum.

Wow. I can't believe I read that. Reading that (paragraph?) was probably just as hard as earning a PH.D.

I went into the posting, *cough* thread, because the OP asked what people thought about Saints Row The Third, and in forums people share their opinions.

I don't actually care if you use periods or not because honestly I don't think you understand howto use them, but sure.

When I post I check to see if anyone responded after me, I noticed your post and could barely read it. Therefore, I put the statement. You spent your time replying to one little comment I made, why not the important things I noted.?

ZodofWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ZodofWar
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts
I am a huge fan of the GTA series, and while it pains me to say this, I have to: you're all insane. You want to say that GTA has evolved, but did any of you actually play San Andreas? If you did, then you would know that GTA has not evolved at all. If anything, it has DE-EVOLVED. Instead of giving you the ability to use your character in any way you want, it gave you some poor bastard who has no interest in doing the very things that we buy GTA for. They took away every creative aspect of the game, and replaced it with some artfully done, yet boring activities. It wasn't until the third DLC that they returned to what made GTA fun. The ability to do anything with a character that was TRULY enjoying what you were doing. And where GTA failed, SR excelled. Giving you a character that you could not only make your own, but didn't bother being some apologetic eastern europeon, or some depressed jewish biker with a sense of ethics. It gave you a bad ass person for a bad ass world. I don't know about you guys, But I can go see a comedian in real life. I can try and get laid from some chick and fail at any given moment. But what I can't do is fly a plane into another plane, parachute out at the last moment, float down to the middle of the street and hijack a tanker full of crap and begin to spray police with it. You like GTA because it looks fun. I like SR because IT IS fun.