So is MOH the biggest disappointment of 2010?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 sivasiva
Member since 2007 • 1101 Posts

Most of the reviews were really crazy man!!! I mean this was one of the most anticipated titles this year. Its really shocking that many consider it to be a flop. Wats ur opinions?

wired4stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 wired4stuff
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
i didn't have high hopes for it.
Team2Beat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Team2Beat
Member since 2010 • 235 Posts
i didn't have high hopes for it. wired4stuff
Same.
shyco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shyco
Member since 2006 • 613 Posts

I got my hopes up after seeing som gameplay footage, but now... it's like meh... i'll get it used sometime or rent

nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts
It's not the biggest dissapointment simply because no one expected much from it. But yeah it was pretty bad
HGAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 HGAT
Member since 2008 • 1366 Posts

I think CODBlack OPS will surprise everyone and get a slamming.

InvaderRaam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 InvaderRaam
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Honestly, I wasn't excited for it in the first place. It looks so much like Call of Duty...
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I live in England and I should hopefully receive my pre-order tomorrow (day early, as per usual). It is the special Tier 1 limited edition. I can't wait :D
MystikRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MystikRex
Member since 2010 • 324 Posts
Well I wasn't expecting it to get high scores. It isn't Call of Duty and gamers seem to hate change. I'd rather play it first and make up my mind than depend on reviews. I'm sure the same sites giving it low scores are the same sites who praised MW2 as the second coming.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
Haven't played or paid any attention to Medal of Honor, but it can't possibly be more disappointing than Final Fantasy XIV
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Hopefully it wont disappoint.
Ryuketsu2043

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ryuketsu2043
Member since 2004 • 1899 Posts
Haven't played or paid any attention to Medal of Honor, but it can't possibly be more disappointing than Final Fantasy XIVkfjl
you are so very right with that lol
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

I'll wait for Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood to disappoint me.

Kegs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kegs666

I wouldnt say that Medal of Honor is the biggest disappointment of 2010..

There are a few problems I encountered. When I picked up the game yesterday evening I figured I would try the single player out. The graphics were good but I had a few problems with some minor glitches. When I wanted to go play multiplayer, I had to create an EA account (EA=Garbage). Took me about 10 mins and then I finnaly went to go play match making. What happened was when I tried to join team assault, it said that the EA servers were down. Wow EA, way to ruin such a great game. Keeping your servers down on launch date should bring you more sales!:x

Avatar image for Zombielvebrainz
Zombielvebrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Zombielvebrainz
Member since 2010 • 134 Posts

yep! Pretty much, but im still going to get it.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Medal of Honor is NOT and I repeat NOT the biggest disappointment of 2010, as I think that it is quite the opposite. Soo far from what I have played it is easily a 9 out of a 10 and that is just for the online multi-player. The single-player campaign I haven't played yet, but from the gameplay videos that I have seen it looks great to me and I think that my rating will go higher.

Kegs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kegs666

Medal of Honor is NOT and I repeat NOT the biggest disappointment of 2010, as I think that it is quite the opposite. Soo far from what I have played it is easily a 9 out of a 10 and that is just for the online multi-player. The single-player campaign I haven't played yet, but from the gameplay videos that I have seen it looks great to me and I think that my rating will go higher.

ghstbstr

I completely agree with You :D

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#19 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I wasn't hyped for it at all. I've played too many war games. I know games like Halo are still FPSs, but I classify them as Sci-Fi games.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
Im actually pretty excited to get it. Technicality I already own it but I gave my gf the money to buy it because I live pretty far out in the middle of no where and it was just easier to have her do it. Hopefully when she gives it to me I'll **** my pants with how great it is. If not I'll be really pissed.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Wait a minute. This game came out yesterday and you all are already pronouncing it a massive flop..... lol???

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
That would be Final Fantasy 14
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#23 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Final Fantasy XIII.
maingon2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 maingon2004
Member since 2005 • 551 Posts

To a degree maybe have to play more. I do athink Final Fantasy is the real disappointment of the year. but this maybe too just because I played the Beta a while back on the ps3 and I loved it. The mulitplayer was a ton of fun and controls were tight. Though I was playing on the ps3 in the beta. But now something feels off, the controls feel alittle loose, especially when looking down the scope and moving. Also found you cant really objects smoothly, it feels like you get alittle stuck as you move through.

Most of my issues is I been playing alot of Halo Reach lately and the controls are different and it just feels wierd to me right now. So I need to play more but it does feel different then the beta. I must say the visuals do look better now then they did in the beta, but now it seems harder to spot someone.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#25 sivasiva
Member since 2007 • 1101 Posts

Wait a minute. This game came out yesterday and you all are already pronouncing it a massive flop..... lol???

firefox59
Dude. I did not say it was a major flop. I am just asking the question because of the number of reviews that were against the game.
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
When I saw the gameplay I was like how are you gonna spend 460 on this game when you can get BC2 for $30 which is basically the same? when I mean the same im talking about same sound, gun animations, etc. I'll pick this game up on black friday
Tsuyoi94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tsuyoi94
Member since 2010 • 239 Posts

Atm Yeah, but who knows Black ops needs to be released and people might get disappointed of it :o .. Naruto looks awesome and few of my friends who got unlocked xbox, i know, shame on them, played it and said it's massive amount of FUN .. so i guess atm Moh is the biggest disappointment of the year :P .

maingon2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 maingon2004
Member since 2005 • 551 Posts

To a degree maybe have to play more. I do athink Final Fantasy is the real disappointment of the year. but this maybe too just because I played the Beta a while back on the ps3 and I loved it. The mulitplayer was a ton of fun and controls were tight. Though I was playing on the ps3 in the beta. But now something feels off, the controls feel alittle loose, especially when looking down the scope and moving. Also found you cant really objects smoothly, it feels like you get alittle stuck as you move through.

Most of my issues is I been playing alot of Halo Reach lately and the controls are different and it just feels wierd to me right now. So I need to play more but it does feel different then the beta. I must say the visuals do look better now then they did in the beta, but now it seems harder to spot someone.

maingon2004
Okay I am back and I must say I was wrong its not a disappointment, I found that the issues I was having with the game was coming from playing alot of Halo Reach and the controls just took some time to get used to, Same thing happened when I was playing alot of Halo ODST and went back to MW2. I am Loving the Mulitplayer, its fantastic. and Visually online its much better looking them MW2. Single Player is Decent so far, but MP is fantastic. Plus the guns sound so freaking amazing. They really do sound badass. When I posted this orginal message about not being sure about it, that was only playing it for an hour and a half or so, Now after playing ti for a few hours I am loving it!
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Forget about this game my money is on black ops.

Nemesis4747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nemesis4747
Member since 2004 • 1104 Posts

i didnt have high hopes for it to begin with so no, just another generic looking shooter, dosnt offer anythin new

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

i didnt have high hopes for it to begin with so no, just another generic looking shooter, dosnt offer anythin new

Nemesis4747

Exactly i knew it wasnt gonna do good but when i saw review especially IGN considering they love shooters and especially Modern shooter i thought they would give it a 8 or 8.5 but a 6 haha thats when i was like well i gotta see how my friends reacted my good buddy got it and we were playing game has so many bugs / Glitches .

MystikRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MystikRex
Member since 2010 • 324 Posts
Well I have the game and so far it's very good. And most importantly it is fun. Had no problems with it. It's only just came out and there was about 7000+ people online when I was on a few hours ago so obviously it's liked by others too.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="firefox59"]

sivasiva
Dude. I did not say it was a major flop. I am just asking the question because of the number of reviews that were against the game.

I know. It's just that everyone that's posting in your thread is saying it and most of them haven't even played the game. Reviews don't mean as much as they used to.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

That would be Final Fantasy 14Funconsole

So, considering that comes out for the PS3 in 2011, it could be the biggest disappointment of the year, 2 years in a row?

As far as MOH, I'm burned out on all the FPS war games. I waited in line for MW2... I don't even plan on playing Black Ops. These games are all just trying to cash in on the lastest trend, and all starting to look and play alike, with a few minor changes to each. I don't think Black Ops will well nearly as well as MW2 (though I could be wrong)

Milad360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Milad360
Member since 2010 • 93 Posts

lol

Avatar image for XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

I got really hyped about this game too! I loved the previous games in the series. I reckon if DICE did the single player it would have been a great game. The multiplayer is great! that was made by dice, but Danger Close mde the single player seem like a 3D shooting gallery game with major flaws. Was really disapionted......

Avatar image for XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37 XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

So, considering that comes out for the PS3 in 2011, it could be the biggest disappointment of the year, 2 years in a row?

As far as MOH, I'm burned out on all the FPS war games. I waited in line for MW2... I don't even plan on playing Black Ops. These games are all just trying to cash in on the lastest trend, and all starting to look and play alike, with a few minor changes to each. I don't think Black Ops will well nearly as well as MW2 (though I could be wrong)

decepticondevil

LOL! Love the first comment :D

Anyways I do agree that the FPS genre is pretty much the latest trend and they are earning lots of money out of it. Butyou have to agree it is a pretty damn good genre! I'm no fanboy but its one of my favourite genres to date besides RPG and i reckon Black Ops will out do every FPS released so far. Including MoH which was a big disapiontment anyway :(

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

how many of you have even played the game before posting and saying it sucks......

the game is good, not amazing, not the best game in the world, but its not a bad game either, and whats most important.......ITS FUN.....and last i checked thats the most important quality in any game

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

IMO it is, i was actually hoping this game was gonna be better then call of duty black ops but i was wrong. Looks like black ops is just gonna blow this game to dust. oh yeah

P.S. i also thought alpha protocol was one of my biggest disapointments this year, it looked like it had so much potential but it followed the same fate as medal of honor and that was flopping.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

As of right now yes it is my biggest disappointment but there are other titles i will be purchasing so maybe it will end up second biggest but only time will tell. I actually traded it in already the store manager was nice enough to give me a full refund so I just picked up borderlands game of the year edition instead.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
well what do you guys expect when a new game comes out into an already over populated genre, and the game brings nothing new to the table.
DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DeadApeBladder
Member since 2009 • 692 Posts

No I expected a mediocre game.

Insomniacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43 Insomniacs
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
It not that bad, for me, it fair enough
Kazincski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kazincski
Member since 2010 • 95 Posts

its good, me like it

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I like that the SP is gritty and realistic, but other flaws detract you from that authentic experience.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Its only a disappointment if you were looking forward to it and you let review scores tell you otherwise.
Evolution-X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Evolution-X0
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
So is MOH the biggest disappointment of 2010? No, there have been more disappointing games this year like APB.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#48 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

No, every Cod game after Cod 2 is the biggest disappointment of any year.

dhilebroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dhilebroad
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Yep. Looks exactly like COD, but with worse graphics. Story on single player sucks, really short campaign. And multi-player doesn't bring anything new to the table. Same old, same old. It's like they expected they could make money just by copying IW.

javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
I played it at a friends house and its great. I dont agree with the negative review.