Should I get a 360 by selling these?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

Should I sell my Wii, PSP, and DS for a 360 with wireless adapter? I think I should. Few question though:

1. Does 360 come with component cables?

2. Does it come with free gold online for a month or something so I can play online?

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
if your trading that stuff into a gamestop i doubt youll have enough, but if is to a friend or on ebay go for it, yes it should come with the proper cables and i dont think it comes with a gold subscription card (dont quote me on that tho) there 8$ for a month tho.
Dzjaansis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dzjaansis
Member since 2002 • 27689 Posts

I wouldn't sell ur stuff just to get a 360, because ur gonna miss them afterwards prolly. But lemme answer the other questions:

1. the pro and elite do

2. Yep, free gold trial for a month

ramulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ramulux
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
i'd trade all those in except for the DS but the 360 wont let you down
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 theweakbear
I can get a full refund for PSP ($200) and I can sell my DS for $100 and my Wii for $250
gifflegerbpiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gifflegerbpiss
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts
Yes do it now!!!
gdsmck954

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 gdsmck954
Member since 2005 • 2931 Posts
I wouldn't trade all of that stuff in for a 360. But then again I never think you should trade anything in.
Eseyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eseyze
Member since 2008 • 462 Posts
Personally, I hate selling my stuff. I would just ave up for a 360 if I were you. They're not too expensive now. I'm sure you can get a new one on Ebay pretty cheap.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i'd do it
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 theweakbear
Nah, I'm not going to buy anything off Ebay. But PSP is awesome but it's not really getting any more games that interest me and same with Wii and I just don't play my DS anymore.
bleux7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bleux7
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
im doing the same thing my self gamestop said they will give me 180$ for the wii so :( but the games should be at least 100$ i got so i should have 280$ and then i will just pay the rest :D, were are u getting 250 for your wii ? and were will you get 100$ for a ds O_o gamestop will only give me 80$ for mine
ramulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ramulux
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
Nah, I'm not going to buy anything off Ebay. But PSP is awesome but it's not really getting any more games that interest me and same with Wii and I just don't play my DS anymore.theweakbear
well then it sounds like you made up your mine, so get one NOW!
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 theweakbear
I live in Canada and the 360 just dropped to $350. But usually when I buy expensive things I regret it because its not worth it. Will 360 blow me away with these amazing online games? I'm used to getting awesome games for Wii but they come out so far apart and Brawl doesn't even seem that great to me.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
I won`t tell you how to pay for it, just make sure you find a way , and soon. With games like Gears of War2, APB and Fable2 all being exclusive and Vegas2, GTA4, Battlefield Bad Company all coming this year, it`s gonna be one of the best ever.
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
I think you should trade them in. The 360 comes with I month free trial of live (it might be 2 through, not shure). The 360 is worth getting though, especially for the ney games coming out this year on it. GoW, Fable 2, R6V2, GTA4, BFBC, Halo Wars... the list goes on forever.
Eseyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eseyze
Member since 2008 • 462 Posts

I won`t tell you how to pay for it, just make sure you find a way , and soon. With games like Gears of War2, APB and Fable2 all being exclusive and Vegas2, GTA4, Battlefield Bad Company all coming this year, it`s gonna be one of the best ever.HilbillyRokstar

APB isn't an exclusive. It's coming out for the PC.

crawdad111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crawdad111
Member since 2003 • 53 Posts
I just sold my wii on ebay with three games and got like 380 you should be easily able to afford a 360 without trading in your handhelds
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 theweakbear
It's my phat DS if you can believe it! One guy at my school is going to buy it off me with a couple games. I might sell Wii for 250 at my dad's work and PSP I can get a full refund! I've played so many games on Wii and it has all my data on it so I have to erase it and its going to be hard but hopefully I'll enjoy my 360 more.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]I won`t tell you how to pay for it, just make sure you find a way , and soon. With games like Gears of War2, APB and Fable2 all being exclusive and Vegas2, GTA4, Battlefield Bad Company all coming this year, it`s gonna be one of the best ever.Eseyze

APB isn't an exclusive. It's coming out for the PC.

I was referring to consoles I don`t play pc games therfore they do not count to me
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 theweakbear
I don't know really how eBay works and I don't know how long I'm going to have to wiat for that.
Tokaylegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tokaylegend
Member since 2006 • 84 Posts
if you can get a good price for the systems you are selling and you dont play them anymore then go for it. yes the pro and elite come with component and if its the newer version of the pro it will have hdmi in the box as well. also comes with gold free for one month. theres a great back catalog of games that if you wanted to play you can find cheap now and there are many good games coming out this year so dont worry about not enough good games coming out.
Tokaylegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tokaylegend
you can get more than 250 for the wii at least ask for 300 since people are desperate for it especially if you are selling it with games and extra controllers
silver_986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 silver_986
Member since 2006 • 750 Posts
Just sell Wii on ebay thats what I'm doing right now becuase people pay $400 for a wii and keep the rest!!
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 theweakbear
400 eh? I don't know Ebay looks too complicated. Is there a risk involved? Like if someone bids 4 dollars and no one else bids then you only get $4 or something?
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
I guess if your getting full price back for the PSP and Wii than go for it... (I hope you know you will be missing out on God of WAr and Final Fantasy for the PSP both come out inMarch, Just a thought)
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 theweakbear
Just returned my PSP and got full refund! I still have 3 games. Maybe I'll sell them to a friend for $40. Just have to sell my DS and I think I have some leftover money on a futureshop card so I might not have to sell my Wii, maybe just a few games and a controller because I don't need two remotes for brawl! What is the ONE game that I should get for 360??
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HilbillyRokstar
R6Vegas2, comes out march 18
lman013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lman013
Member since 2007 • 1166 Posts
umm thats way enough or 2 of em!
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 theweakbear
I've been hearing about this falcon thing, its like a better version of xbox 360 or something. How do I know if I am buying a falcon system or not?
fallenlasciel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fallenlasciel
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
It depends on whether or not you have people, or kids over who play the Wii alot. if not then yeah could sell that for quite a bit. 360s are going for much cheaper than they were a year ago. so price isnt an option if you are selling all of that. The 360 does come with a month free of live and component cables. just make sure you get a premium console it is definitely worth it. and yes Xbox Live is worth every penny and it makes avery game 10 times better.( ebay is probably the way to go if your planning on selling your stuff online, unless you know someone who will pay you in cash and pick it up)
WiiBaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WiiBaller
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts
400 eh? I don't know Ebay looks too complicated. Is there a risk involved? Like if someone bids 4 dollars and no one else bids then you only get $4 or something?theweakbear
I don't know much about ebay but you can set a reserve on it so thatit won't sell to anyone until it reaches a certain price. How to do that I have no clue.
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
Look on eBay for the Wii to see how much people are buying them for and compare it to what you'll get at Gamestop. I don't give a crap about the Wii but they're still in so much demand you might be able to milk someone for their money. Haha. And I'd do that, maybe I'd keep the PSP but if you still don't have enough then yes sell the PSP too.
xxDarkRulerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xxDarkRulerxx
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
Not worth it. The Xbox 360 doesnt have too many games coming in the near future. I would stick with what I have or buy a PS3 cause it will last you longer, and the free online play. The wii is also great cause its different and keep it for Super Smash Bros Brawl. DS and PSP are pretty good. Dont sell em to get a 2 year old console.
Tokaylegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tokaylegend
the falcon is a new chip that is smaller and runs cooler making it less likely to overheat just check the manufacturing date on the box of the 360 and make sure it is recent
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 theweakbear
Not worth it. The Xbox 360 doesnt have too many games coming in the near future. I would stick with what I have or buy a PS3 cause it will last you longer, and the free online play. The wii is also great cause its different and keep it for Super Smash Bros Brawl. DS and PSP are pretty good. Dont sell em to get a 2 year old console.xxDarkRulerxx
What are you talking about 360 has more games and Wii and PS3 has less! Besides I think I'm giving up portable gaming.