Shadowrun DEMO THREAD

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

post everything here about the shadowrun demo instead of spamming new topics :D

It should be up within the next 5 mins 

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
='( 5:07 and still no show.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zero9167
its not always exact, but hopefully it wasnt delayed again :(
lilan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 lilan
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts
yea cant wait!
unrealslim09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 unrealslim09
Member since 2006 • 1196 Posts
why do they say when its going to be out, i'd wrather them surprise me and say hey the demos out after they actually put it out instead of takin forever to put it out
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mother_farter

why do they say when its going to be out, i'd wrather them surprise me and say hey the demos out after they actually put it out instead of takin forever to put it outunrealslim09

same here..then atleast we wont get mad because they practically lied

unrealslim09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 unrealslim09
Member since 2006 • 1196 Posts

[QUOTE="unrealslim09"]why do they say when its going to be out, i'd wrather them surprise me and say hey the demos out after they actually put it out instead of takin forever to put it outmother_farter

exactly my point 

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mother_farter
well...thats it i give up and im going to bed. i stayed up so i could download the demo but once again they have failed to release it because people cant do thier jobs. im never trusting any demo release dates again..this is pure BS and im tired of this sh**. hopefully when i wake up it will be there on the marketplace but im not counting on it.
arkangelsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 arkangelsa
Member since 2005 • 2205 Posts

it will be there when its there lads...good things come to those who wait ;)

but advise to anyone who trys the demo! DO THE TRANING!!!

and all if it theres alot to the gameplay and alot of diff things and combos can be used and team work is key to winning, but it is a fun game, never had so much fun jumping of roof tops to shotgun and troll in the face :)

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Please tell me I can fly about with those glider things in the demo....that's all I want.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zero9167
Please tell me I can fly about with those glider things in the demo....that's all I want.karriston
yeah the demo will have that
arkangelsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 arkangelsa

Please tell me I can fly about with those glider things in the demo....that's all I want.karriston

yep u should be able to im sure, its one of the tech upgrades in the game, glider is great when used with telaport u can get anywere on a map, eg good snip spots ;)

RomanKing18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 RomanKing18
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
this sucks...i waited all night....
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts

[QUOTE="karriston"]Please tell me I can fly about with those glider things in the demo....that's all I want.arkangelsa

yep u should be able to im sure, its one of the tech upgrades in the game, glider is great when used with telaport u can get anywere on a map, eg good snip spots ;)

Too bad I suck at sniping.
TechCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TechCool
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

well...thats it i give up and im going to bed. i stayed up so i could download the demo but once again they have failed to release it because people cant do thier jobs. im never trusting any demo release dates again..this is pure BS and im tired of this sh**. hopefully when i wake up it will be there on the marketplace but im not counting on it. mother_farter

That's basically it. If it's there tomorrow, cool, but it's not likely. When you're gonna announce a release at 2:00 A.M. Pacific time, then make sure you're able to do it. Especially since the demo's been delayed once already--they could've had it out before the actual game was release, and now they're making people wait up 'til 2AM a week later for nothing.

arkangelsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 arkangelsa
[QUOTE="arkangelsa"]

[QUOTE="karriston"]Please tell me I can fly about with those glider things in the demo....that's all I want.karriston

Too bad I suck at sniping.

well them u could use a sword and drop down from a roof a slice up the back of your foe!  :D trust me theres alot of ways to play this game

Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#17 Robbie8912
Member since 2006 • 2299 Posts
It's here! Yippeeee!!! 25% complete downloaded!
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
yup im downloading mines right now i might download the tenchu z but that would ahve 2 wait til im done playing shadowrun
Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Robbie8912
I'm stuck on 35% for the last 15 minutes. Is it screwed, or are there a lot of people downloading it?
butterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 butterob
Member since 2006 • 1090 Posts

I'm stuck on 35% for the last 15 minutes. Is it screwed, or are there a lot of people downloading it?Robbie8912

im stuck on 99%!

edit: turn the xbox off and then on again..i was at 27% all along :cry:

arkangelsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 arkangelsa
its goign to take some time to get it lads alot of ppl are going to be downloading it now so i would say just wait for it, let me know what u think i love the game so much fun
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
mines got stuck on 99 percent 2 times already i might just download it later its not that important for me just a demo anyways gonna go play gears
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
what a failure... we're paying for this .... stuck at 99%. cancelled it, now stuck at 16%...
gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 gamekingpin
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts

[QUOTE="karriston"]Please tell me I can fly about with those glider things in the demo....that's all I want.zero9167
yeah the demo will have that

You cant exactly fly but when you activated them they send you floating up in the air and if you are already on high ground you can glide for a very good length and if you are using the teleport it can take you even further.  The teleport is one of my favorites because you can be surrounded by enemies and, flash, through the ceiling you go.

mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mikeneb430
Member since 2007 • 1036 Posts
1.07 gigs. ugh this is gonna take a while to download.
Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Robbie8912
What? Teleporter? Glider? Through the ceiling? I smell a complicated shooter :lol:
gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamekingpin

its goign to take some time to get it lads alot of ppl are going to be downloading it now so i would say just wait for it, let me know what u think i love the game so much funarkangelsa

I second that, I got this game the day it came out and I love it.  What FPS do you know that allows you to teleport through ceilings and walls, turn into a cloud of smoke, summon a magical beast that pounds you enemies into the ground, or deflect bullets with a kitana blade ninja style all in the same game. 

mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mikeneb430

[QUOTE="arkangelsa"]its goign to take some time to get it lads alot of ppl are going to be downloading it now so i would say just wait for it, let me know what u think i love the game so much fungamekingpin

I second that, I got this game the day it came out and I love it. What FPS do you know that allows you to teleport through ceilings and walls, turn into a cloud of smoke, summon a magical beast that pounds you enemies into the ground, or deflect bullets with a kitana blade ninja style all in the same game.

i just hate how it turns into 3rd person for some things. I havent tried it yet so maybe im wrong on that comment. 

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamekingpin

What? Teleporter? Glider? Through the ceiling? I smell a complicated shooter :lol:Robbie8912

Its not as complicated as it seems.  Out of all the magic and tech Items you can only use 3 at once so you pick which ones you want to roll with and assign the to the left and right bumpers and the left trigger.  So you can have you teleport assigned to the left trigger, you glide to the left bumper, and another power or tech item to you right bumper.  The games training mode explains and shows you everything pretty thoroughly

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamekingpin
[QUOTE="gamekingpin"]

[QUOTE="arkangelsa"]its goign to take some time to get it lads alot of ppl are going to be downloading it now so i would say just wait for it, let me know what u think i love the game so much funmikeneb430

I second that, I got this game the day it came out and I love it. What FPS do you know that allows you to teleport through ceilings and walls, turn into a cloud of smoke, summon a magical beast that pounds you enemies into the ground, or deflect bullets with a kitana blade ninja style all in the same game.

i just hate how it turns into 3rd person for some things. I havent tried it yet so maybe im wrong on that comment. 

Well it turns to third person when you use certain weapons and item to give you a better view of what you are doing.  Like when you are holding a kitana, now imagine how hard Ninja Gaiden would be in first person view, get my point.  Or when you turn into a cloud of smoke it turns into third person so that you know when you become visible again.  Trust me it works.

ctifer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ctifer1
Member since 2007 • 147 Posts

[QUOTE="unrealslim09"]why do they say when its going to be out, i'd wrather them surprise me and say hey the demos out after they actually put it out instead of takin forever to put it outmother_farter

Because something's a little late getting up, they 'practically lied'?  Serious???

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Check out my guide for Shadowrun Noobs, but know that some of the things I discuss won't be in the demo most likely.
mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mikeneb430
21%!
tyler2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tyler2010
Member since 2005 • 3384 Posts

mines got stuck on 99 percent 2 times already i might just download it later its not that important for me just a demo anyways gonna go play gearsBrickz187

Mine is doing to same.... 

Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Robbie8912
59% This game better be absolutely incredible
Avatar image for HolyHandGrenad3
HolyHandGrenad3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HolyHandGrenad3
Member since 2007 • 932 Posts

[QUOTE="mother_farter"]well...thats it i give up and im going to bed. i stayed up so i could download the demo but once again they have failed to release it because people cant do thier jobs. im never trusting any demo release dates again..this is pure BS and im tired of this sh**. hopefully when i wake up it will be there on the marketplace but im not counting on it. TechCool

That's basically it. If it's there tomorrow, cool, but it's not likely. When you're gonna announce a release at 2:00 A.M. Pacific time, then make sure you're able to do it. Especially since the demo's been delayed once already--they could've had it out before the actual game was release, and now they're making people wait up 'til 2AM a week later for nothing.

It was announced for 2:00 A.M. eastern time.

I'm downloading mine now hopefully it won't take to long. 

Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Robbie8912
[QUOTE="TechCool"]

[QUOTE="mother_farter"]well...thats it i give up and im going to bed. i stayed up so i could download the demo but once again they have failed to release it because people cant do thier jobs. im never trusting any demo release dates again..this is pure BS and im tired of this sh**. hopefully when i wake up it will be there on the marketplace but im not counting on it. HolyHandGrenad3

It was announced for 2:00 A.M. eastern time.

I'm downloading mine now hopefully it won't take to long. 

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I'm sure you'll all love the demo. Cause if you don't! *shakes fist*
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
paaaaaaaaaaatience people.
butterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 butterob
Member since 2006 • 1090 Posts
ahh 80% and ive been downloading for hours!
lilan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 lilan
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts
great game imo, jst finding it hard to get into matches on live, is this the same case for the full game?
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 donalbane
I'm sure you'll all love the demo. Cause if you don't! *shakes fist*Private_Vegas
Vegas, we should play together... me and jacksheets have been teaming up, and it's been a lot of fun. 
kolobus11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 kolobus11
Member since 2005 • 12981 Posts
great game imo, jst finding it hard to get into matches on live, is this the same case for the full game?lilan
No, the only reason its like that is because 75% of the live players can't get the demo to download. Its hour of victory all over again.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 donalbane
great game imo, jst finding it hard to get into matches on live, is this the same case for the full game?lilan
No, although there are some bugs that need working out.  You get in a game pretty quickly in the retail version.
arkangelsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 arkangelsa
[QUOTE="mikeneb430"][QUOTE="gamekingpin"]

[QUOTE="arkangelsa"]its goign to take some time to get it lads alot of ppl are going to be downloading it now so i would say just wait for it, let me know what u think i love the game so much fungamekingpin

Well it turns to third person when you use certain weapons and item to give you a better view of what you are doing.  Like when you are holding a kitana, now imagine how hard Ninja Gaiden would be in first person view, get my point.  Or when you turn into a cloud of smoke it turns into third person so that you know when you become visible again.  Trust me it works.

^^^^^ u hit the nail on the head dude the 3rd person views in the game help alot and also look cool when blocking a snipers shot with the sword :D

the gameplay in this is 2nd to non, alot of ppl will say its to much for just a online game ect and the little flaws it has but for how the game plays its all worth it

dnathug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dnathug
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
I gonna have to downlaod and give this demo a try, let you know what i think of it. Hopefully it's good i have been hearing bad reviews.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

[QUOTE="Private_Vegas"]I'm sure you'll all love the demo. Cause if you don't! *shakes fist*donalbane
Vegas, we should play together... me and jacksheets have been teaming up, and it's been a lot of fun. 

I'm in. Are you and Jack on the demo? Or do you have the retail version? Cause I'm horribly impatient and got the retail right away.

Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Robbie8912
I have just reached 70% after 2 hours and 14 minutes, which by the way mircrosoft, is REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
HOLY SH!T, THIS TAKES FOREVER!! AND TO THINK I'M PAYING FIOR THIS CRAP!!!!  another f'ing DISCRACE!!!!!can't these guys do ANYTHING right???  it better be really good.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 donalbane

[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="Private_Vegas"]I'm sure you'll all love the demo. Cause if you don't! *shakes fist*Private_Vegas

I'm in. Are you and Jack on the demo? Or do you have the retail version? Cause I'm horribly impatient and got the retail right away.

We're retail, of course :)