Sega Megadrive Ultimate collection!!! Very very good....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Antaeus1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Antaeus1991
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

hey all. Just bought Sega Megadrive Ultimate collection for 360 today (might be called genesis in US). Its an awesome collection. Over 40 sega games including streets of rage!!!! Just playing abit of sonic spnball at the moment. I love it and can't get enough, best collection out there. Your thoughts???

Avatar image for deactivated-58e10fda5672e
deactivated-58e10fda5672e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-58e10fda5672e
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts
I bought it. Huge selection of games. I play the Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, and Sonic games the most
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
Seeing as how old school games these days can cost $5-$10 a piece to download, getting 49 of them for $30 is a good deal. A few of the games either aren't very good or haven't aged well (or both) and you'll probably play those for the achievements or unlockables and then never touch them again, but most of them are still fun to play. It's a real good collection and unless you can't stand old school games, I can't think of much reason not to pick this one up!
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
Yes indeed. A very good buy for $30. I only played Nintendo growing up so I never had the chance to play the sega titles. Most of the games are pretty good. Theres a few bad ones in there but for the most part it's great. It has all the Sonics, Phantasy Stars, Streets of Rage titles. Bonus games are unlocked when you meet certain criteria of games. The only game I hate with a passion is the Dr. Robotniks Bean game, its so cheap and unfair. hah
dalestorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dalestorry
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

it is a awesome collection of games...who else got the free VINYL RECORD with the game....

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Phantasy Star 1-4 justifies the 30 dollar price tag alone

akiraxander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 akiraxander
Member since 2005 • 4625 Posts
This is a really great collection. I love being able to play Golden Axe and Streets of Rage again. :twisted: I am also happy to see Altered Beast, I used to play that at my grandmothers when I was little. I couldn't get past the first level and she could beat the game at 70. :P
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
i would love to see a collection of dreamcast games
Deltapixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Deltapixel
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
I like it too. I was looking forward to the Phantasy Star games since I had never played them but I just can't... All I've been doing is fight one bad guy outside the town and run back to heal. Maybe once I level up it'll get better. Shining Force games seem to have age a bit better. Loving the classics like Sonic, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe. I had a lot of those games even the crappy ones like Space Harrier and Super Thunder Blade... they brought back memories but I couldn't get into them, just too tough. I LOVED the Legend of Thor (Beyond Oasis), I'm looking forward to start playing that one.
Antaeus1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Antaeus1991
This is a really great collection. I love being able to play Golden Axe and Streets of Rage again. :twisted: I am also happy to see Altered Beast, I used to play that at my grandmothers when I was little. I couldn't get past the first level and she could beat the game at 70. :Pakiraxander
Yea, the thing that really drew me to it was the streets of rage games included.
Althax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Althax
Member since 2008 • 355 Posts
Whoa.... where can I get a list of games included on this collection? I loved the genesis back in the day, streets of rage was an old favorite. Which shining forces games are included? I loved those!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy

All I've been doing is fight one bad guy outside the town and run back to heal. Maybe once I level up it'll get better. Deltapixel

Yes it's old school where you need to grind right from the start

Whoa.... where can I get a list of games included on this collection? I loved the genesis back in the day, streets of rage was an old favorite. Which shining forces games are included? I loved those!Althax

· Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
· Alien Storm
· Altered Beast
· Beyond Oasis
· Bonanza Bros.
· Columns
· Comix Zone
· Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
· Dr. Robotnik's MBM
· Dynamite Headdy
· Ecco the Dolphin
· Ecco II: The Tides of Time
· E-SWAT
· Fatal Labyrinth
· Flicky
· Gain Ground
· Golden Axe I
· Golden Axe II
· Golden Axe III
· Kid Chameleon
· Phantasy Star II
· Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
· Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
· Ristar
· Shining in the Darkness
· Shining Force
· Shining Force 2
· Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
· Sonic 3D Blast
· Sonic and Knuckles
· Sonic Spinball
· Sonic the Hedgehog
· Sonic the Hedgehog 2
· Sonic the Hedgehog 3
· Streets of Rage
· Streets of Rage 2
· Streets of Rage 3
· Super Thunder Blade
· Vectorman
· Vectorman 2

Plus 9 UNLOCKABLE GAMES:

· Golden Axe Warrior (SEGA Master System)
· Phantasy Star (SEGA Master System)
· Alien Syndrome (Arcade)
· Altered Beast (Arcade)
· Congo Bongo (Arcade)
· Fantasy Zone (Arcade)
· Shinobi (Arcade)
· Space Harrier (Arcade)
· Zaxxon (Arcade)

Althax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Althax

Damn!!! I've been sitting on some best buy cards waiting for a good game to come out and I feel like I pretty much have to buy this! It's got just about all my favorite Genesis games on it, Phantasy stars, shining force, even shining in the darkness and unlockable arcade classics.... wow what a deal! Holy Crap even kid chameleon!! That one was sooo difficult, I rented it 2 or 3 times as a kid and never got very far into it but I loved it!

Jezum Crow I have to buy this!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy

Damn!!! I've been sitting on some best buy cards waiting for a good game to come out and I feel like I pretty much have to buy this! It's got just about all my favorite Genesis games on it, Phantasy stars, shining force, even shining in the darkness and unlockable arcade classics.... wow what a deal! Holy Crap even kid chameleon!! That one was sooo difficult, I rented it 2 or 3 times as a kid and never got very far into it but I loved it!

Althax

A wise investment indeed:D

Althax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Althax
Hell even the ecco games were different but good, fluid interesting controls, way innovative for its time. I never owned one of the eccos but I rented it... alright I'm sold. There's nothing on the 360 horizon that I'm even waiting for at this point anyway.
Antaeus1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Antaeus1991
[QUOTE="Althax"]

That game is tough. I love this collection, mainly because it has almost double what the sega megadrive colection for ps2/psp had and even though it just came out it is a reasonable price.
slick360ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slick360ster
Member since 2007 • 328 Posts
I remember the vectorman games being really fun too
Althax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Althax
I had one of the phantasy stars, I think it was 3. It was odd because you would choose a girl for your main character to marry and then you would kind of start again with their son, and it happened twice! you end up beating the game with the great grandson of the person you start it with. Crazy stuff, but a solid RPG for the time. Shining in the darkness was another strong dungeon crawler/RPG, first person perspective was a little different but it was good. Then shining force and shining force 2, the sequels, went into entirely different directions and were really early incarnations of the turn based strategy RPG games. Holy crap there's a lot to play on that disk. I haven't played all of them but a lot of those games I grew up with before we had the SNES. Wow I'm excited! Gotta pick this up as soon as possible.