Rumor: Bioshock 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frantic190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1 frantic190
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts

According to this rumor the next Bioshock game will be a prequel to the original game. It will take place during the fall of Rapture.

I think it would be great! We would get good insight into the background and history of what happened, and get some good info on the characters.

The rumor

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
I dont care what the story will be about honestly, as long as its as good as the orginal. And we all know that bioshock 2 is in the making, thats obvious. Lets just hope its as good as the first.
specs777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 specs777
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts
I'll be sure to get it!
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I still havent played the first one yet.
frantic190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 frantic190

I still havent played the first one yet.Big_Bad_Sad

You need to go out and buy it! Its a great game.

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
If they do it good, then score. But I am curious to know who will be the Main Character.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

I'd suppose this game will start at the New Year's party where everything went wrong...perhaps you play as Diane McClintok? (Whatever happened to her...I didn't find all the diaries, but I'm sure I found all of hers...)

Or better yet...Frank Fontaine...mmmm....I'd love to walk around Rapture as Fontaine and see just how much of an effect he had on the citizens...

Maybe hang around with that plastic surgeon...the one who called me ugly before I electrocuted/shotgunned him to death in a pool of his own blood...

frantic190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 frantic190

If they do it good, then score. But I am curious to know who will be the Main Character.cleotis_max

I'm thinking the same thing, maybe you would be Fontaine and cause the downfall of rapture...#

Edit: Gah! System lord you beat me to the post :P

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

Wait, nevermind. In keeping with the spirit of Bioshock you will probably play as one of Fontaine's lackeys, and have a hand in the destruction of Rapture. You will help him out. Chances are the story will overlap a little bit into the first game, with you helping Atlas pave a way for the man from the surface.

I bet you will have actual 1 on 1's with Fontaine though, as you complete tasks for him that is...they'd have to do it differently than the first game though...because Bioshock was on rails due to the destruction. If you handle the fall of Rapture then it would have to be open because people wouldn't just automatically attack you.

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cleotis_max

Wait, nevermind. In keeping with the spirit of Bioshock you will probably play as one of Fontaine's lackeys, and have a hand in the destruction of Rapture. You will help him out. Chances are the story will overlap a little bit into the first game, with you helping Atlas pave a way for the man from the surface.

I bet you will have actual 1 on 1's with Fontaine though, as you complete tasks for him that is...they'd have to do it differently than the first game though...because Bioshock was on rails due to the destruction. If you handle the fall of Rapture then it would have to be open because people wouldn't just automatically attack you.

TheSystemLord1

Well the reason why the Splicers were so Violent is because there were Pheremones released into Rapture to get 'em all juicde up, which means there were Splicers before the New Years attack, and "Jack" was created by Fontaine along with his helping hands and was shipped out of Rapture, 2 years later to return and help finish the what Fontaine started. Yes, Jack is only 2 years old when you take control of him, crazy eh.

WhiteWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 WhiteWorld
Member since 2004 • 326 Posts
What? He wasn't naturally conceived by Andrew Ryan and some lady?
vhayste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 vhayste
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
Great, something to look forward to :)
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cleotis_max

What? He wasn't naturally conceived by Andrew Ryan and some lady?WhiteWorld

Well no your right he was, Ryan and Jasmine Jolene, that stripper but he was genetically modified to mature faster.

shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 shotputking
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts

According to this rumor the next Bioshock game will be a prequel to the original game. It will take place during the fall of Rapture.

I think it would be great! We would get good insight into the background and history of what happened, and get some good info on the characters.

The rumor

frantic190

welcome to two months ago... 2K already came out and said none of that rumor was accurate/true.