R.I.P To the Halo Kid

• 198 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kamekazi_69
Member since 2006 • 4704 Posts

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/13045-boy_accidently_kills_himself_trying_to_imitate_halo/

yeah thats really upsetting. You know I just find it incredible that the parents didnt know he was going to far with this. I decided to post this here. Um I dont know if its old and I dont care. Halo Kid!!

EdHeadZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 EdHeadZ
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts
I feel sad now. I didn't know this.
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

I don't know if it is more sad he died, or that he went that far in to copying Halo. But that's pretty sad either way.

KAISERKONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KAISERKONG
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
That's a sad story for sure, but he certainly seemed more than just a little disturbed to begin with. I just hope the media doesn't lose their friggin' minds blaming Halo for his death. We, as a society, cannot continue to blame everthing tragic on entertainment whether it's music, movies or videogames!
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

a huge tragedy that could have been avoided through proper parenting... such a senseless death of a child of only 11 years old.

My sympathies go out to his family.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts
Too bad a person has to die before parents stop having guns in their houses. Wait, some persons wont stop having guns in their houses no matter what. Stupidity wins again.
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kamekazi_69

Yea I dont know if his Youtube account will be taken down. But heres a video of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45J0SCXO5s&feature=related

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mfp16

Too bad a person has to die before parents stop having guns in their houses. Wait, some persons wont stop having guns in their houses no matter what. Stupidity wins again.mimic-Denmark

Guns aren't the problem (although I will never own one)... rather the fact that parents weren't involved enough to lock them up and out of the hands of an 11 year (who should have been in school). Every kid on these boards always says "i'm mature enough for these games", well, if you are dressing up in cardboard master chief outfits and playing with loaded rifles like they are toys then you aren't mature enough.

Put the blame where it belongs, irresponsible parents, not the fact that people have the constitutional right to bear arms.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mfp16

Yea I dont know if his Youtube account will be taken down. But heres a video of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45J0SCXO5s&feature=related

Kamekazi_69

yeah, a real tradegy... kid was obviously talented (I couldn't make that stuff out of cardboard if I had a year), and would have probably had a bright future.

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts

1. He shouldn't be "playing" with guns

2. He should be in school.

3. He is 11, and is too young to be playing Halo

hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts
Stupid parents, (trying to imitate moves from the game with his .22 caliber rifle (a common pastime for the child), WTF were they thinking???, they should be held responsible for this.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mimic-Denmark

[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]Too bad a person has to die before parents stop having guns in their houses. Wait, some persons wont stop having guns in their houses no matter what. Stupidity wins again.mfp16

Guns aren't the problem (although I will never own one)... rather the fact that parents weren't involved enough to lock them up and out of the hands of an 11 year (who should have been in school). Every kid on these boards always says "i'm mature enough for these games", well, if you are dressing up in cardboard master chief outfits and playing with loaded rifles like they are toys then you aren't mature enough.

Put the blame where it belongs, irresponsible parents, not the fact that people have the constitutional right to bear arms.

If the gun wasnt in the house in the first place then it woundt have happend. Just because you have the right to bear arms dosnt mean you have too.

A knife is a deadly weapon too. But a knife guy vs a gun guy, who do you think has the biggest chance of winning? You dont need a gun for making dinner.

Even a safe to have locked the weapon in isnt a sure thing for no accidents. A kid is curious, and if the parent is just a little careless then the kid can get a hold of the weapon in the safe.

No weapon, no accident like that.

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

I read about this yesterday. I don't get it. NOBODY was there to see him shoot himself. Why is it said that he accidentally shot himself while impersonating Halo? Nobody saw it. Maybe he just accidentally shot himself? Anyone ever think of that? Why is it the games fault? How can ANYONE say what the kid was doing when he died when not a single person was there when it happened? It's sad, but don't throw blame around when nobody knows what happened. It was an accident.

cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts

Too bad a person has to die before parents stop having guns in their houses. Wait, some persons wont stop having guns in their houses no matter what. Stupidity wins again.mimic-Denmark

Its not stupid to have a gun in the house. I was raised with fire arms but they were locked in a safe that only my father had the key to. A kitchen knife can be just as dangerous as a gun if your not responsible. Don't blame Halo, don't blame the gun, blame the parents and the kid himself because even at 11 I knew proper gun etiquette.

Avatar image for elite_destroyer
elite_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 elite_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 1118 Posts
Wow, this is the first time I've herd of this and he lived in a city like 10 minutes away from me!
edge426723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 edge426723
Member since 2008 • 208 Posts

its sad that this happened but in what part of halo does a NPC shoot himself? feel bad but here is a prime example why parents should talk to their kids about these games because they ARE NOT REAL

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kamekazi_69

I read about this yesterday. I don't get it. NOBODY was there to see him shoot himself. Why is it said that he accidentally shot himself while impersonating Halo? Nobody saw it. Maybe he just accidentally shot himself? Anyone ever think of that? Why is it the games fault? How can ANYONE say what the kid was doing when he died when not a single person was there when it happened? It's sad, but don't throw blame around when nobody knows what happened. It was an accident.

DZBricktop
I'm not pointing fingers at the game. The game has nothing to do with it. The fact is A boy got kill with a.22 caliber rifle which I DO NOT know why is was at his disposal. I also dont dont know why they didn't also talk about gun control, the parents where about when this happen, or the fact why was a gun open to an 11 year old boy?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'm completely disgusted at the parents.

If this couple has other children they should be taken away immediately

This child has a overwhelming obsession with a game that was not intended for him. At the very least his parents should have sat him down and explained how these things work and let him understand on a real life basis.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mimic-Denmark

[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]Too bad a person has to die before parents stop having guns in their houses. Wait, some persons wont stop having guns in their houses no matter what. Stupidity wins again.cronew1

Its not stupid to have a gun in the house. I was raised with fire arms but they were locked in a safe that only my father had the key to. A kitchen knife can be just as dangerous as a gun if your not responsible. Don't blame Halo, don't blame the gun, blame the parents and the kid himself because even at 11 I knew proper gun etiquette.

A gun is an easier weapon to kill with then a knife, and a knife is needed in the kitchen, a gun is not needed.

MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
Sad, but not video game related. When I think of a video game related death, it a dude spending too much time playing WOW or Starcraft and dies from starvation or something. Some kid playing with a gun is not in any way related to a video game, it's just stupid parenting letting an 11 year old hold a gun.
cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts
[QUOTE="cronew1"]

[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]Too bad a person has to die before parents stop having guns in their houses. Wait, some persons wont stop having guns in their houses no matter what. Stupidity wins again.mimic-Denmark

A gun is an easier weapon to kill with then a knife, and a knife is needed in the kitchen, a gun is not needed.

In some places guns are needed and if you disagree with that your ignorant. Maybe this kids parents didn't need one but what if it happened were I live up in the mountains.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mfp16

mimic-Denmark

thank god you don't do the deciding of when a gun is "needed"

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mimic-Denmark
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="cronew1"]

[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]Too bad a person has to die before parents stop having guns in their houses. Wait, some persons wont stop having guns in their houses no matter what. Stupidity wins again.cronew1

In some places guns are needed and if you disagree with that your ignorant. Maybe this kids parents didn't need one but what if it happened were I live up in the mountains.

Unless you live in a place where animals hunt you down everynight, or criminals break into your home once a week to steal then a gun is not needed.

If you live in the mountains with your family, then have your guns in a safe in the basement, where even the basement door has a lock on it. And also keep ammo and the guns in 2 different places in the house.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
This is going to sound brutal, but the kids an idiot. He shouldnt of even been playing the game anyway.
StarStunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StarStunna
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts

Well things happen and I do beleive that the parents didnt parent enough. I mean come on! How could you let yo 11 year old son skip school, and how come they didnt lock up the gun. But also you have to blame the kid kinda also. At 11 years old you should have common sense not to play with a real loaded gun. And I agree with what some of you said about him not being old enough to play halo, but my brother is 11 and he doesnt try to imitate halo. So its all in the maturity of the person

My life used to be empty like a glock without a round
Now my life is full like a chopper with a tousand rounds-The Game

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mimic-Denmark
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]

mfp16

Yeah, too bad. Would have saved a lot of lives, but some people feel the need to act like cop.

Its extremely hard to get a hold of a weapon here in Denmark. And if you do have a gun here, then you can get serious jailtime if your gun is not locked in a safe.

Hmm, not that many weapons in peoples homes here, and not many people have died by accidents like that. I wonder why...

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DZBricktop
[QUOTE="DZBricktop"]

Kamekazi_69

I'm not pointing fingers at the game. The game has nothing to do with it. The fact is A boy got kill with a.22 caliber rifle which I DO NOT know why is was at his disposal. I also dont dont know why they didn't also talk about gun control, the parents where about when this happen, or the fact why was a gun open to an 11 year old boy?

I totally agree. But the story, the link or the source, never mentions anything about why an 11 year old kid has a gun, or access to it when theres noone around. Instead, its called "another videogame related death" and the blame is placed on the fact that the kid was impersonating a game. When in fact, nobody knows WHAT he was doing. The only thing anyone knows for sure is this 11 year old was skipping school and playing with a gun.

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
just saw this yesterday. I used to laugh at that video he made. but now it's sad because he took it too far. He could have been an amazing cosplayer one day.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

i don't get it there r two halo kids?

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=fartbuttface this is the kid who makes cardboard guns from the halo game it siads that his last time online was 1 day ago, the artical was made 3 days ago...

purplecow200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 purplecow200
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts
wow thats pretty sad, but that really isn't halos fault its a videogame they shouldn't have to say dont try this at home
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DZBricktop

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=fartbuttface this is the kid who makes cardboard guns from the halo game it siads that his last time online was 1 day ago, the artical was made 3 days ago...

iam2green

Yeah. The other link above is of the wrong kid. The Halo kid that killed himself was from Wisconsin and his name was Nimm. Fartbuttface is some kid name Kyle from Canada.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mfp16
[QUOTE="mfp16"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]

mimic-Denmark

Yeah, too bad. Would have saved a lot of lives, but some people feel the need to act like cop.

Its extremely hard to get a hold of a weapon here in Denmark. And if you do have a gun here, then you can get serious jailtime if your gun is not locked in a safe.

Hmm, not that many weapons in peoples homes here, and not many people have died by accidents like that. I wonder why...

here in america we operate under the premise (and not always successfully) that the goverment doesn't need to protect people from themselves. If you are too stupid to make correct decision thats your problem. Freedom (which I think we are losing at a rapid clip in this country) has it's disadvantages as we can obviously see in this case.

Lets not shift the blame to somewhere it doesn't really belong (quite an american trait as of late, you would fit right in here in the states)... it belongs on the parents who let an 11 year old child skip school and play with a loaded 22 caliber rifle.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mfp16

.PacmanChampion

what do you think is funny about this topic? the fact that an 11 year old child lost his life tragically, the lack of parental supervision, truacy, or the whole package?

Some people really need to check themselves before they comment, this was a human being after all...

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

1. He shouldn't be "playing" with guns

2. He should be in school.

3. He is 11, and is too young to be playing Halo

cool_baller

It's not his damn fault! what were you doing when you was 11 years old? i liked to disguise myself as Batman and jump off high places and skipped on shcool every time i could, it's the duty of our parents to watch over us, i can't believe this kid'sparents allowed him to play with a shotgun, especially loaded.

However, they must be feeling horrible right now, God help them.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mfp16

It's not his damn fault! what were you doing when you was 11 years old? i liked to disguise myself as Batman and jump off high places and skipped on shcool every time i could, it's the duty of our parents to watch over us, i can't believe this kid'sparents allowed him to play with a shotgun, especially loaded.

great_rulo

seriously... an 11 year old just doesn't have the capacity to process things like adults do, it's not this kids fault. I would have probably ran around the house with an unloaded gun if I could when I was 11 if my parents let me. I think you guys are forgetting how young 11 really is. This is on the parents, not the poor 11 year old kid.

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 great_rulo
[QUOTE="great_rulo"]

mfp16

seriously... an 11 year old just doesn't have the capacity to process things like adults do, it's not this kids fault. I would have probably ran around the house with an unloaded gun if I could when I was 11 if my parents let me. I think you guys are forgetting how young 11 really is. This is on the parents, not the poor 11 year old kid.

I was defending the kid, i agree with what you said.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mfp16

I was defending the kid, i agree with what you said.

great_rulo

yeah, I know, sorry for that. I was just trying to piggy back on this post, it was more of a response to the others.

Rock_Dwarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rock_Dwarf
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts
I blame the parents entirely.

An obession with a game isn't healthy, his parents should've sat him down and knocked a little sense into him. Not entirely removing his love for the game, but maybe just cooling it down.

And the fact he was skipping school and was handling a gun which was most likely owned by his parents, just shows how much care they really do have for their child.

They must feel awful for what's happened, and I don't have any sympathy, only pity. They lost a child which could've grown up to be an amazing person. I hope the next time they have a child, they don't let stuff like this happen again.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
[QUOTE="iam2green"]

DZBricktop

Yeah. The other link above is of the wrong kid. The Halo kid that killed himself was from Wisconsin and his name was Nimm. Fartbuttface is some kid name Kyle from Canada.

thanks for clearling that up, it still is sad of that.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mfp16

HAH thats bs. the kid was obviously disturbed (have you seen the youtube video), and only originally disturped children EVER get effected by VG, so why is it the parents fault if the ****** found the gun, not bothered to take a test shot or anything, and shot himself in the face. this is poor judgement on the kids fault, and the schools for not deeming him a sped. blunt but true.

xBLACK-MAGEx

I know that you are just trolling to get a reaction. But frankly, in the 1% chance that you are actually serious... I take huge offense to this statement, as a teacher, I would love to hear how this is the "school's fault"?

xBLACK-MAGEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 xBLACK-MAGEx
Member since 2006 • 826 Posts
[QUOTE="xBLACK-MAGEx"]

HAH thats bs. the kid was obviously disturbed (have you seen the youtube video), and only originally disturped children EVER get effected by VG, so why is it the parents fault if the ****** found the gun, not bothered to take a test shot or anything, and shot himself in the face. this is poor judgement on the kids fault, and the schools for not deeming him a sped. blunt but true.

mfp16

I know that you are just trolling to get a reaction. But frankly, in the 1% chance that you are actually serious... I take huge offense to this statement, as a teacher, I would love to hear how this is the "school's fault"?

1.i am not trolling and am 100% serious. but im sorry if i stepped on some toes. But maybe i phrased that wrong. i meant if a kid was foolish enough to end up like this i really dont see how nobody (such as schools) could catch on that something was amiss?

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kamekazi_69

hmm, I think you're right. I'm not sure if that is the Halo Kid that got killed. Some say yes some say no. he last logged in about 20 hours ago and the child was killed 3 days ago. Sad lost indeed.

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

Sad yet incredibly funny at the same time. Not at the kid or the fact he died, that's a real tragedy, but the article makes the kid sound like the king of the dorks:

Nimm was apparently trying to imitate moves from the game with his .22 caliber rifle (a common pastime for the child)Article

halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 halo3-player
Member since 2006 • 6036 Posts
If hes imitating halo howd he shoot himself, wouldn't he shoot other stuff?
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 great_rulo

[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]Too bad a person has to die before parents stop having guns in their houses. Wait, some persons wont stop having guns in their houses no matter what. Stupidity wins again.eagles_band

STFU hippie boy

Stop making fun and jokes out of this, guys, have a little more respect.

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kamekazi_69

[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]Too bad a person has to die before parents stop having guns in their houses. Wait, some persons wont stop having guns in their houses no matter what. Stupidity wins again.eagles_band

STFU hippie boy

You're going to get modded. anyways I dont see a problem with keeping fire arms in the house honestly. If im live in a wide open field, miles from town, I would be much more comfortable with a firearm ready for whichever reason. The point is that I would appreciate easy access to the fire arm but an impossible access to any children I may have in the future. ALWAYS secure your fire arms 100% for anyones safety, especially children.