Reasons to get an Xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Modbetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Modbetto
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts
So I finally moved out and went to live with my girlfriend. Left my ps3, my xbox360 and wiiU to my middle bro and moved with my Pc. Yet, I'm fealing the need to get a console. Since the Xbox was the one I less used in this gen I was thinking about getting a used 4g slim on ebay with halo reach and halo 3 for just 120. Then It hit me. What else is there to play? I mean...being an avid PC gamer I'd definitely get all the halos (including CE Anniversary), I'd buy gears of war 2 since I haven't had the chance to enjoy it yet ( I'm graduating next semester). Then what? Is it worth it? I mean what other reason is there to get one at this point?
Alchemist3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Alchemist3001
Member since 2011 • 120 Posts

It depends on what other types of games you would like to play. There's a few nice bullet-hell games available for the platform like Akai Katana and Triggerheart Exelica, as well as some JRPG's from the early days of the console, some of which are better than others. Whether either of those would justify buying a 360 is debatable, bearing in mind that some of the bullet-hell games have already been released on iOS devices, and some of the JRPG's have also seen releases on other platforms.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If nothing else there is a lot of Xbox 360 that are cheap to buy at Gamestop/EB games, or even Best Buy/Future shop since they have gotten in on the used game act. Xbox 360 has been out since 2005. So discovering games which you haven't played is less costly. At least there is a third version of the Xbox 360 now. A SuperSlimline Xbox 360 console.

Modbetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Modbetto
I already preordered a ps4 so wasn't thinking of spending too much cash on it. Used is what I'm after basically. Any really great exclusives you guys can recommend? I also don't want to use up my Hd8970 budget, so ill probably stick to 130-150. Or else get a new PSU for my pc's old corsair tx750.
JohnTheGrudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JohnTheGrudge
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts
Personally I'd say Alan Wake and Forza 4 are the main reasons you might consider getting an XBox 360. There's no other exclusives on it that I'd consider to be compelling. Of course Alan Wake can be bought for the PC so that leaves Forza 4. I can't say that I'd buy a console for one game but Turn 10 are a fantastic developer and Forza 4 is a brilliant racing game.
Modbetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Modbetto
Thnx for answering. Unfortunately I finished Alan Wake on Pc...amazing game by the way. I had FORZA back at home but stuck to gt5 cus I was more used to it. Is FORZA really that good? What makes it different from Gt5?
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#7 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Thnx for answering. Unfortunately I finished Alan Wake on Pc...amazing game by the way. I had FORZA back at home but stuck to gt5 cus I was more used to it. Is FORZA really that good? What makes it different from Gt5?Modbetto

Forza is a very good series, but I can't speak about comparisons between it and GT since I haven't played a GT since 2 maybe.