Random GTA 4 facts....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jjbiggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jjbiggs
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts

I found these at http://www.gta4.net/ ... I like what Lazlow says about his system preference and why....

Here's a summary of some of the info that Lazlow covered on the show:

There are over 100 radio commercials in the game.

Announcements on the subway system will randomly alert you of spontaneous police harassment, security checks and searches.

The faux-beer brand "Piswasser" takes a jab at Budweiser, including a radio commercial sung by Anthony himself.

GTA IV's in-game internet is ridiculously extensive, featuring spoofs of liberal and conservative news sources with coverage of your in-game antics, as well as spoofs popular blogs and websites (craigslist, for example). Irritating pop-up banner ads also make an appearance.

Niko can hook up with a wide range of girls via dating websites.

Injuries mean much more in GTA IV. When Niko gets shot in the leg, for example, he'll begin to bleed and limp.

Recording sessions for dialogue and in-game audio went on for ten hours a day, five days a week. The entire process took weeks to finish.

Rockstar employees have been working overtime and well into the weekends to complete the game.

Between the Xbox 360 version of the game and the PS3 version, Lazlow admits that he prefers the 360 version thanks to the downloadable content; new missions, new characters, new comedy, etc

"Stand in the street and you'll hear three different radio stations at any one time coming from passing vehicles, all sounding appropriately tinny or boomy, depending on the type of vehicle and whether its doors are open, its windows broken, etc."

"It was our aim that you could place the player in a random position on the map, shut your eyes and listen, and be able to tell where you are, and what time of day it is, and I think we've achieved that pretty well."

"For multiplayer, we balance [the sound of gunfire] so that guns only really sound dangerously beefy when they're at a distance you can be hit from, so it's intuitive what's threatening and what's someone else's private war."

"It's difficult to quantify how many speaking parts there are, but at our last count there were over 740 unique voices in the game. There are over 80,000 individual lines of dialogue, more than 7000 of which are Niko's lines. If you were to listen to each line back to back, it would take over 29 hours. Also, these figures don't take the radio, TV, and mo-capped cut-scene dialogue into consideration."

"We also decided to make the pedestrian dialogue more realistic in GTA4. As an example, peds in previous games would walk around and randomly chat to themselves if they weren't doing much else. In real life, people (generally!) don't go around talking to themselves, so we dropped this behavior from GTA4. However, we realized that the random chat of old GTA games was a good way for the player to pick-up on what sort of personality a ped has, so we created the cell-phone conversations in GTA4 as one realistic way of portraying personality."

jjbiggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jjbiggs
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts
I like the ideo of downloading new comics for the clubs. Good idea R*
Devoo55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Devoo55
Member since 2007 • 3006 Posts

Some of these sound pretty good.

jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts
It's always the little things that add up to make a game great
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

It's always the little things that add up to make a game greatjus2nyce

I agree i'm gonna love the tv,internet,and radio. I can't wait to just do a few missions then relax messing with the radio.

CradleXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 CradleXX
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
Sounds incredible.
marvster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 marvster21
Member since 2004 • 500 Posts
im not here to advertise it but you guys should check out the GTA Legends union here on gamespot. they have alot of information about the game and theres discussions about it so go check it out
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
WHY MUST YOU TEASE ME