Quitters and Kill takers.

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deadpool125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deadpool125
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
Both really annoying, and they are in every game. I cant play a match of gears without one person quitting or taking my kills. Which do you find more annoying?
Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts
Honestly is it really even that big of a deal of someone has to quit a match? Maybe people have other things to do with their time than play video games all day. Also kill taking usually happens because your teammates are just that, TEAM mates. It's not like they're going to turn a corner to find you in trouble, and not shoot the other guy...
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
Oh god, I hate it when people BAWWWW because a teammate "stole their kill". "OMGZ I PUT HIM IN LAST STAND & U KILED HIM!!" yeah, because we're playing a TEAM game. That's how it works... you see someone on the opposite team and you SHOOT AT THEM! Who cares if you got the kill? Team based games are about getting kills for your TEAM. F- your ratio. Get a life.
Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts
yeah, Duke pretty much hit that one on the head. I've gotten negative rep for "quitting early." Pardon me for having more important things to do, like College, or a Job . . or taking a s**t . . . or eating a Taco . . . hehe, taco's rule.TIE_Elite_Pilot
No kidding, most of my negative rep comes from quitting early. And yes, tacos rule indeed.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Both really annoying, and they are in every game. I cant play a match of gears without one person quitting or taking my kills. Which do you find more annoying?deadpool125
The quitters are definately more annoying than the kill steeling. The kill steeling can easily be detained by quickly securing your kills or steeling their kills. But I notice once one person quites in Gears the rest follows suit. They need some type of system in place that detects how many matches you quit in lets say a 10 minute period, and if you have you should be held from matches until 5 minutes etc. Just an idea for games like Gears which really depends allot on even teams.
fries021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fries021
Member since 2004 • 1115 Posts

I agree with the TC about kill stealing in gears. In COD it makes more sense because a person in last stand can still kill you so you will probably want to kill him but it is annoying when someone takes your kill in gears.

When a person is bleeding out they can not harm anyone in any way. Sometimes they do need to be killed if the risk of them getting revived but I've played games where I down that last person on their team so I run over to try to curb stomp them to work on my achievement only to get it stolen which is frustrating.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

well quitters are always annoying, but I give them the benefit of the doubt. Afterall people are busy and maybe someones at the door or the phones ringing ya know?

kill stealers in team games aren't a big deal at all, like everyones saying, TEAM. but in a free-for-all I could understand that.

quader_ac400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 quader_ac400
Member since 2007 • 801 Posts
Oh god, I hate it when people BAWWWW because a teammate "stole their kill". "OMGZ I PUT HIM IN LAST STAND & U KILED HIM!!" yeah, because we're playing a TEAM game. That's how it works... you see someone on the opposite team and you SHOOT AT THEM! Who cares if you got the kill? Team based games are about getting kills for your TEAM. F- your ratio. Get a life.decepticondevil
That about sums it up for me. Its a game who cares..
TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheHumanDove
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts

The really annoying people are the ones that go "YOU STOLE MY KILL! KILL STEALER"

When in reality all I did was play the game and shoot at an enemy. Apparently that's a crime with these youngsters.

proview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 proview
Member since 2005 • 220 Posts

Honestly is it really even that big of a deal of someone has to quit a match? Maybe people have other things to do with their time than play video games all day. Also kill taking usually happens because your teammates are just that, TEAM mates. It's not like they're going to turn a corner to find you in trouble, and not shoot the other guy...Duke_51

No u are wrong. Just play Rock Band online. Half of the ppl i played with they left ranked match because they can't play the song or they left in the end because they were losing. I mean...WTF?!? And if sb has more important thing to do then he shouldn't join matches and then leave, ruining other ppls game.
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
I don't mind kill takers or quitters i hate the people who complain about it and than they quit or take someones kill. Thats what i hate. And i bet everyone quits from time to time or takes someones kill.
Thegameowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Thegameowner
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

Kill stealing isnt annoying because if its a team game then there isnt such a thing, as team you work together to take down the enemy. Im sure youd rather someone had your back to guarantee you kill the enemy than you losing out in a 1 on 1 in the battle. And yes quitters are annoying. on halo i was in a 8 v8 ranked big team and it ended up 3 v 2 in the end.

MattTheGiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MattTheGiant
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

I'd like to point out you cannot actually "steal" a kill, as they haven't actually gotten the kill when you get it. You can take it before them sure, but then surely that makes it YOUR kill.

Also, on COD, when your teammate is in last stand, and you kill them, sure those 10 points come off your score, instead of going to the enemy, but they don't actually come off your team's total. I've tested this many a time, pissing off a few people, and it works. I mean wtf is with that, you still die...

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
i rather have someone take my kill than for me to die and know my teammates were watching... I also dislike quitters, however, there's a difference with the ones I dislike. If they quit at the beginning of the match etc...then it's fine, people have things to do. However, if I know that the reason is because my team is losing, then I dislike it.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I'd like to point out you cannot actually "steal" a kill, as they haven't actually gotten the kill when you get it. You can take it before them sure, but then surely that makes it YOUR kill.

Also, on COD, when your teammate is in last stand, and you kill them, sure those 10 points come off your score, instead of going to the enemy, but they don't actually come off your team's total. I've tested this many a time, pissing off a few people, and it works. I mean wtf is with that, you still die...

MattTheGiant

I dislike how you just die after killing your team mate a few times... I kill my teamates who are in last stand all the time...lol

franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts
I only have a problem with quitters if they quit because they are getting beat and as far as kill stealing its only a problem if in a ranked match and that person deliberately keeps taking your kills, even though you are in a position to kill the down opponent yourself. GOW is the only game that if someone takes my downed opponent repeatedly that it matters because in COD4 someone in last stand can kill someone with a pistol from a good distance so he is a threat to everyone, so I tell people to kill him.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
people who join games and bail deserve bad feedback, you should at least finish the game instead of leaving, if u cant be bothered to finish the game because you got better things to do with your time why start the match in the first place. sucks for anyone who will stick the match out to the end regardless. and if you really had better things to do and it wasnt because you were getting beat and cudnt take it, why join the game in the first place if u had better things to do? stealing kills is nothign. no one owns a kill etc, if someone kills them before you even if u started shooting them first get on with it, its nothing major your just moaning like a baby. but people who leave early coz they cant hack the pace/got better things to do really do kill some team games when ur left on ur own or just a few of you facing a full team that just dominates as you aint got enough people to fight back. deserve all the bad rep u get for doing this imo
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
The only time quitting is annoying is when you are getting you're ass kicked. And the only time kill stealing is annoying is when it's not a team game.
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
Kill stealing does not exist. In any form. In a team game, you are all working together for kills. If it's not a team game, then guess what? You should only be worried about yourself, not some kid who is about to get a kill. Why stand by and watch someone get one point closer to winning? Screw that, if i see someone beating someone down, i'm damn well going to try to take that kill at the last second. Hell, i'll try to take both people down if possible. Is it a STOLEN kill? Hell no, it's just playing the game. The only people who complain about kill-stealing are those who aren't able to kill anybody themselves. Again, every man for himself. That's the point of deathmatch. As for quitting early, if life has taken you to a point where there is nothing so important that it can take you away from a game, then you have bigger issues than having to complain about those who may have something important to do. You might want to check if you still have a family, friends, job, etc. Because that level of devotion to a game is downright scary. Real life can happen sometimes, but only to those who have one, apparently.
maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 maccer101
Member since 2005 • 4257 Posts
not as bad as little white teens saying "i grew up on the sreet yo! ya'll cant deal wit dis"
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I don't really mind kill stealers. If my team is winning, then it's alright with me. For people that quit games, it sucks sometimes. For instance if you're trying to get an achievment with 8 people on Burnout Paradise and only one person is left to do it then someone quits, cancelling everything you just did. Maybe to put it into perspective for some of you, imagine playing a football game and there are no substitutes. Now imagine there are 5 seconds left in the game, you're in the red zone, 1 touchdown can win the game and all of the sudden the quarterback decides he has something better to do, so he just leaves. It's pretty much like that. Being so close to getting something then having it thrown out the window by someone that can't wait.
Triplekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Triplekill
Member since 2005 • 504 Posts
[QUOTE="djrobst"]people who join games and bail deserve bad feedback, you should at least finish the game instead of leaving, if u cant be bothered to finish the game because you got better things to do with your time why start the match in the first place. sucks for anyone who will stick the match out to the end regardless. and if you really had better things to do and it wasnt because you were getting beat and cudnt take it, why join the game in the first place if u had better things to do? stealing kills is nothign. no one owns a kill etc, if someone kills them before you even if u started shooting them first get on with it, its nothing major your just moaning like a baby. but people who leave early coz they cant hack the pace/got better things to do really do kill some team games when ur left on ur own or just a few of you facing a full team that just dominates as you aint got enough people to fight back. deserve all the bad rep u get for doing this imo

Yeah i agree, For all dumbasses that say they have to leave while playing "Online" because they have to, as someone said before take a **** Read this and dont say another word understand?
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="TIE_Elite_Pilot"]yeah, Duke pretty much hit that one on the head. I've gotten negative rep for "quitting early." Pardon me for having more important things to do, like College, or a Job . . or taking a s**t . . . or eating a Taco . . . hehe, taco's rule.Duke_51
No kidding, most of my negative rep comes from quitting early. And yes, tacos rule indeed.

dont start something if u cant finish it

i dont if people steal kills, sure ill joke around abit, but im not angry, after all, as long as the other team is dead and not me, it has been a good day

i hate people who quit early, cause it either puts u in an unfair position (which although have a challenge can be fun its not fun getting 4vs2's) or gives u too bif of advantage which is just as annoying/boring as being on the same team as a quitter

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Kill stealing does not exist. In any form. In a team game, you are all working together for kills. If it's not a team game, then guess what? You should only be worried about yourself, not some kid who is about to get a kill. Why stand by and watch someone get one point closer to winning? Screw that, if i see someone beating someone down, i'm damn well going to try to take that kill at the last second. Hell, i'll try to take both people down if possible. Is it a STOLEN kill? Hell no, it's just playing the game. The only people who complain about kill-stealing are those who aren't able to kill anybody themselves. Again, every man for himself. That's the point of deathmatch. As for quitting early, if life has taken you to a point where there is nothing so important that it can take you away from a game, then you have bigger issues than having to complain about those who may have something important to do. You might want to check if you still have a family, friends, job, etc. Because that level of devotion to a game is downright scary. Real life can happen sometimes, but only to those who have one, apparently.i_noseworthy

dont u find your comment on people who quit early slightly ironic? that if they have such busy lives how do they have the time in the first place to sit and play games, and then talk about it on a gaming forum. Ok fair enough, sometimes unexpected things do come up, but if u are constantly bailing from games surely something must twig inside that tiny brain that says "hmm maybe i shouldnt play because i dont have enough time" no i think the real problem comes from when people need to play the game, if only for a second, before they have 'better things to do'

PacmanChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PacmanChampion
Member since 2007 • 1130 Posts
Quitters who quit because there losing :evil:
liquid-ocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 liquid-ocelot
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts

Honestly is it really even that big of a deal of someone has to quit a match? Maybe people have other things to do with their time than play video games all day. Also kill taking usually happens because your teammates are just that, TEAM mates. It's not like they're going to turn a corner to find you in trouble, and not shoot the other guy...Duke_51

That doesnt make sense if these people are so damn busy all day long then why go into the game in the first place

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
I hate kill takers more I guess, but neither one are that bad to me. I just keep playing.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
that's why I don't play gears, if you play rainbow you wouldn't complain of people quoting or taking your kill
InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

Both really annoying, and they are in every game. I cant play a match of gears without one person quitting or taking my kills. Which do you find more annoying?deadpool125

whatever happened to having FUN playing a video game instead of worrying about your k/d ratio and quitters. This new generation makes me sick.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts

Whether you have things to do or not, quitting is annoying, surely if you play gears your life isn't dnamic enough to be rushed out of a 10 minute game. I always play when i have time (a lot of it now, summer rocks :D), you should only join a game if you think you can finish it.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#34 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
I think you referr to down enemies it doesn bother me, if they can kill it then faster than me then it is better, and quitters I do hate them, yeah maybe they have something else to do but why join a game when they know they cant finish it
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
In a game like Gears of War quitters, I don't mind if someone takes one of my downs if I snipe them and they're close to finish them off but getting to the end of the game with a full team makes all the difference.

Call of Duty 4 is more for the kill takers, if you last stand someone you're focused on taking them out and if someone else does that then you usually end up getting shot from not paying attention without a kill in the end.
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

Quitters are extremely annoying but what i cant understand is, with todays technology and everything, WHY, when you're playing a game of say... 6 v 6 and 2 people from one team quit before the game even starts, WHY cant they just reshuffle the teams to 5 v 5. Instead you end up with a one sided game and the team thats short are far more likely to have more quitters. Is it seriously too hard for them to integrate something like that when they are making the game??? If they quit after it starts, then too bad, how sad, but before the game starts, I dont see a reason.

As for Kill Stealing.... complaining about that is just ridiculous. What do you want them to do.... sit there watch you and wait to see what happens... then you'd be here saying you hate team mates that dont help you.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts

Quitters are extremely annoying but what i cant understand is, with todays technology and everything, WHY, when you're playing a game of say... 6 v 6 and 2 people from one team quit before the game even starts, WHY cant they just reshuffle the teams to 5 v 5. Instead you end up with a one sided game and the team thats short are far more likely to have more quitters. Is it seriously too hard for them to integrate something like that when they are making the game??? If they quit after it starts, then too bad, how sad, but before the game starts, I dont see a reason.

As for Kill Stealing.... complaining about that is just ridiculous. What do you want them to do.... sit there watch you and wait to see what happens... then you'd be here saying you hate team mates that dont help you.

Hawkeye747

first come, first serve, its part of the game. Quitting isn't, i give bad reviews for every quitter ;)

j_sound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 j_sound
Member since 2007 • 295 Posts

come on guys dont be stupid, everyone thats saying i dont mind quitters and stealing your kills probablly doesn't play gears of war ranked. in gears of war ranked when there is less than 6 people, your kills dont count, nothing counts, so say your playing a game for 30 min, then 1 dude quits, which follows by 3 more, you just wasted 30 min. i understand the first time, but i have played gears of war some days without ever finishing a match because of quitters. and for those of you that say, "its just a game who cares?" well, i believe you are the one in a game forum, so i would think you do, and if you seriously dont care, then we do, and if you can stick up for sore lossers that quit games, why cant you stick up for us? and dont say "oh well someone might be at the door or the phones ringing." dude if someone was at your door, would you take the time to press start and quit? maybe, but it looks kinda fishy when someone's at the door when you just so happen to be loosing.

for the team kills, i was seriously laughing when i was reading these posts, i think you 12 year old kids are saying this because your the ones taking the kills cause you cant get your own. im a sniper, in either cod4 or gow, and when i active down someone and im reloding my gun and some dude comes over and shoots him, you cant say you have never got pissed at that. if not, your the one stealing it.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

hqate quiters

but come on theres a differnce if they shooting with u or just standing thyere waiting for them to drop to the ground to smash there head in

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts

[QUOTE="Duke_51"]Honestly is it really even that big of a deal of someone has to quit a match? Maybe people have other things to do with their time than play video games all day. Also kill taking usually happens because your teammates are just that, TEAM mates. It's not like they're going to turn a corner to find you in trouble, and not shoot the other guy...proview

No u are wrong. Just play Rock Band online. Half of the ppl i played with they left ranked match because they can't play the song or they left in the end because they were losing. I mean...WTF?!? And if sb has more important thing to do then he shouldn't join matches and then leave, ruining other ppls game.

Speaks the truth... once I got the online achievements I was done with that crap. Rock Band Pansies are the worst.
crosis420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 crosis420
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

I don't mind kill takers or quitters i hate the people who complain about it and than they quit or take someones kill. Thats what i hate. And i bet everyone quits from time to time or takes someones kill.torontomapleafs

i agree w/u quit cryin like two year olds and grow up, move on

dark_mask_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dark_mask_91
Member since 2007 • 3004 Posts

How can someone get mad about stealing your kill? I mean it's a team game. All there trying to do is help you out.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 raahsnavj

How can someone get mad about stealing your kill? I mean it's a team game. All there trying to do is help you out.

dark_mask_91
I kind of think of it like when Kobe doesn't get to score every time he touches the ball. If that happens to him enough he WILL ge upset. That's a team game too... but it is simply the nature of a competative environment to want to be the one that appears to contribute the most. And unfortunately most games have few metrics to go off of other than 'kills'.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I hate when people complain about "kill stealing". If you can't take him/out the first time, I will finish him if I see him/her in last stand. Am I supposed to just walk by? I don't see how you can be annoyed - just do a better job at finishing off a kill.
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

it's so annoying. like every game I play at least one person Quits leaving my team out numbered and at an unfair disadvantage. Like who can't plan 10 mintues ahead if they have time to play a full match or not.

kill stealing does not bother me.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#46 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I don't really care as long as I have fun.
zero0131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 zero0131
Member since 2005 • 143 Posts
ok well im not gonna say anything about quitters because to be honest...we all do it...and as for taking kills who ever killed the person then its that persons kill no matter what you say, that person killed him in the end not you. thats how it is believe me its been done to me and now i just dont care if i do most of the work and some guy just comes up and finishes the job...get over it man, stop complaining and have fun
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 raahsnavj
ok well im not gonna say anything about quitters because to be honest...we all do it...zero0131
No, that's wrong. We don't all do it. And that's the reason we dislike people that do, especially when they try to rationalize it as 'ok'.
PdPstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#49 PdPstyle
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts
Kill steal = part of team play, suck it up and keep playing. if you cant hanle it go play 1v1
Chunkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Chunkman
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

Haha, I'm not gonna lie, I'll sometime quit matches, and for pretty much all the wrong reasons. Go ahead, tell me I suck, but I just figured I'd be truthful. Although I've only ever quit a match on CoD4. Never on Gears, or Halo. I'll leave a match if I'm not feeling it, I'm not having do well at all, or ( most importantly ) not enjoying myself. But then I won't go on and try to join another match or anything, I'll stop playing the game altogether.

Again, go head and tell me I'm a loser or something like that, but after reading this forum, I knew had to confess.