probably a noob question but still wtf?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mr_w25
Member since 2005 • 781 Posts

ok so my brother an i just got a 360. he set up his profile and hooked up to xbox live through a prepaid card. then when i did it i made a profile, tried to hook it up to xbox live but it says the number on the card was already used. i know we dont have to pay twice, but i dont know how to have two profile, both ooked up to xbox live and only pay once. someone help please

Jax142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Jax142
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts
If you are paying for a subscription then you need to pay for each profile you want subscribed to Live. This means that you and your brother will have to pay for XBOX Live for each profile.
mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mr_w25
so your saying we need to pay for both profiles....as in 100 dollars a year?
gamerguy31315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gamerguy31315
Member since 2005 • 532 Posts
correct, thats like wanting to get 1 copy of WoW and play with 2 accounts on it for the price of one. One subscription per account.
rbush101a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rbush101a
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts

Does it matter since you two already use the same xbox?  just share the same profile.

EDIT:  You still have a xbox live SILVER account for free, but if you want to play online you have to have gold

rbush101a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rbush101a
Like i said, you still have separate accounts
mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mr_w25

Like i said, you still have separate accountsrbush101a

yea but i cant play online on "my" account with out paying agian

wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts

correct, thats like wanting to get 1 copy of WoW and play with 2 accounts on it for the price of one. One subscription per account.gamerguy31315

Yeah it is not rocket science. Why would they allow someone play online with a bunch of different profiles? Okay this is my account where I am really annoying, this is my serious account, this is my account where cheat... etc  

BigDaveyDogz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BigDaveyDogz
Member since 2003 • 1815 Posts
Its 4 bucks a month, suck it up princess!!
mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mr_w25

[QUOTE="gamerguy31315"]correct, thats like wanting to get 1 copy of WoW and play with 2 accounts on it for the price of one. One subscription per account.wmc540

Yeah it is not rocket science. Why would they allow someone play online with a bunch of different profiles? Okay this is my account where I am really annoying, this is my serious account, this is my account where cheat... etc  

why??? because there are such thing as brothers. i dont want to share an account with him, he dosent want to with me. it should be 1 per xbox. you pay once on the xbox and then can have as many profiles you want

mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mr_w25

Its 4 bucks a month, suck it up princess!!BigDaveyDogz

actually its like 7 a month, and that equals out to 50 bucks a year. thats a whole nother game i could buy

360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts
lol u have to pay for another xbox live account....??? amazing!!!!!!!!
mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mr_w25

lol u have to pay for another xbox live account....??? amazing!!!!!!!!360player_eq12

well you shouldnt have to. it should be one per xbox. well f this im going bak to my ps3

Klaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Klaven
Member since 2003 • 46 Posts
$7 a month is not a whole lot of money, and a whole nother game? I don't know about you but I buy a few more games than one a year. Paying for live is well worth it, and it only makes sense to have to pay per user
mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mr_w25

$7 a month is not a whole lot of money, and a whole nother game? I don't know about you but I buy a few more games than one a year. Paying for live is well worth it, and it only makes sense to have to pay per userKlaven

what i ment by a whole nother game was that if i only had to pay for one account instead of two i could buy 3 games instaed of 2

sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

[QUOTE="360player_eq12"]lol u have to pay for another xbox live account....??? amazing!!!!!!!!mr_w25

well you shouldnt have to. it should be one per xbox. well f this im going bak to my ps3

Bah what you gonna play on that thing! it has nothing...............yet!

mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mr_w25
[QUOTE="mr_w25"]

[QUOTE="360player_eq12"]lol u have to pay for another xbox live account....??? amazing!!!!!!!!sadikovic

Bah what you gonna play on that thing! it has nothing...............yet!

i still have some good games i like to play. but im so pissed at my 360 right now:evil:

rbush101a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rbush101a
[QUOTE="wmc540"]

[QUOTE="gamerguy31315"]correct, thats like wanting to get 1 copy of WoW and play with 2 accounts on it for the price of one. One subscription per account.mr_w25

why??? because there are such thing as brothers. i dont want to share an account with him, he dosent want to with me. it should be 1 per xbox. you pay once on the xbox and then can have as many profiles you want

why??? because there are such thing as PEOPLE NOT LIKE YOU... people that, if they could, would post the code on the internet or something like that... why can't it be one per console though???  Just look at wmc540 said... (funny post i might add).  but if you're willing to pay $60 per game, i'm sure you could pay $50 for a year... i mean, it's only about 4 bucks a month.

MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
dude it's only $50 a year! you pay it once now and you get a whole year and probably a free 1 month untill you have to pay again. Ask for a subscription every year for a holiday or something.   
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts
For gods sake, stop saying it's ONLY 50$ a year. He alrdy probably bought  the 360, a controller, 2-3 games, and an XBL card so that's about 800$ canadian right there. I know an extra 50$ for me, who has a good job, after spending 800$ would be an issue.
cdodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cdodder
Member since 2003 • 71 Posts
What's another $50 added to 800. I could probably find $50 worth of change on the ground in a year.
jagermizer_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jagermizer_21
Member since 2003 • 127 Posts

For gods sake, stop saying it's ONLY 50$ a year. He alrdy probably bought  the 360, a controller, 2-3 games, and an XBL card so that's about 800$ canadian right there. I know an extra 50$ for me, who has a good job, after spending 800$ would be an issue.Endgame_basic

$50 dollars a year is only about 4 and some change a month, so if you can't afford 4 dollars a month maybe your "good job" isn't as good as what you thought, the ironic thing is 4 dollars a month is expensive? but, yet you still pay to post messages on this site? very interesting

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Endgame_basic

[QUOTE="Endgame_basic"]For gods sake, stop saying it's ONLY 50$ a year. He alrdy probably bought the 360, a controller, 2-3 games, and an XBL card so that's about 800$ canadian right there. I know an extra 50$ for me, who has a good job, after spending 800$ would be an issue.jagermizer_21

$50 dollars a year is only about 4 and some change a month, so if you can't afford 4 dollars a month maybe your "good job" isn't as good as what you thought, the ironic thing is 4 dollars a month is expensive? but, yet you still pay to post messages on this site? very interesting

It's 50$ UPFRONT when you've already spent 800$ or so. Stop trying to pass off this 5$ a month stuff, it's 50$ right now. I've only owned mty 360 for 6 months or so and alrdy have 25 or so games so it's not like I don't spend money on it. That being said, I can see his point. 

passi2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 passi2005
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

your gamertag is a portable profile. you can recover it onto any other console.  if microsoft allowed all profiles on the console GOLD privelages from one subsciption card, what's to prevent people from recovering one of the profiles onto another 360 and playing online. heck, if that were possible i'd make hundreds of profiles on my 360 and let everyone i knew recover those profiles onto their console so they could all have free gold memberships.

rbush101a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rbush101a
[QUOTE="jagermizer_21"]

[QUOTE="Endgame_basic"]For gods sake, stop saying it's ONLY 50$ a year. He alrdy probably bought the 360, a controller, 2-3 games, and an XBL card so that's about 800$ canadian right there. I know an extra 50$ for me, who has a good job, after spending 800$ would be an issue.Endgame_basic

It's 50$ UPFRONT when you've already spent 800$ or so. Stop trying to pass off this 5$ a month stuff, it's 50$ right now. I've only owned mty 360 for 6 months or so and alrdy have 25 or so games so it's not like I don't spend money on it. That being said, I can see his point. 

Okay, then, think of it like this:

June - $50

July - $0

August - $0

September - $0

October - $0

November - $0

December - $0

January - $0

February - $0

March - $0

April - $0

May - $0

OWNED.

Limonadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#28 Limonadi
Member since 2006 • 982 Posts
do you wanna hear one good thing more?`you have to pay if you change your live nickname.... and how much only 12 bucks congrats!
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Endgame_basic
[QUOTE="Endgame_basic"][QUOTE="jagermizer_21"]

[QUOTE="Endgame_basic"]For gods sake, stop saying it's ONLY 50$ a year. He alrdy probably bought the 360, a controller, 2-3 games, and an XBL card so that's about 800$ canadian right there. I know an extra 50$ for me, who has a good job, after spending 800$ would be an issue.rbush101a

Okay, then, think of it like this:

June - $50

July - $0

August - $0

September - $0

October - $0

November - $0

December - $0

January - $0

February - $0

March - $0

April - $0

May - $0

OWNED.

Sigh, you just don't get it.... 

jagermizer_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jagermizer_21
[QUOTE="jagermizer_21"]

[QUOTE="Endgame_basic"]For gods sake, stop saying it's ONLY 50$ a year. He alrdy probably bought the 360, a controller, 2-3 games, and an XBL card so that's about 800$ canadian right there. I know an extra 50$ for me, who has a good job, after spending 800$ would be an issue.Endgame_basic

Okay so you can't afford the 50 bux at once, that does break down to five dollars a month, then buy the individual months that i know are a whole 7 dollars, big spender i realize. The funny thing is that you are defending him and by your own words you have about 25 games in six months  25 x 60 = 1500 / 6 = 250 a month on games, but yet 5 dollars or fine 7 dollars a month is out of the question? Anyone else see the irony of this statement?

Blanco98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Blanco98
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
Errrr maybe half the kids in these forums dont understand 50 dollars is still money and some people dont have it... i kno it good service but not 50 dollars an year worth of it, i mean we already pay for internet connection why should we pay to play some games online we half features we dont use?? Most peeps in these forums get there parents to pay for them and yes anybody can just pay 50 dollars and 4 dollars a month is not alot but it is annoying... And it would b ealot better if u made one Xbox live account and u can then have as many profiles unde rthat name as long as u want seems much fairer...
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts

[QUOTE="rbush101a"]Like i said, you still have separate accountsmr_w25

yea but i cant play online on "my" account with out paying agian

Dude, I'm pretty sure Gold is just needed to download demos and make your own servers, so it really is useless to get two of them, just get a silver account and if ever you need to do any of those special stuff just use your bro's account. 

Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
... i mean we already pay for internet connection why should we pay to play some games online we half features we dont use??Blanco98
I pay for internet service and yet I *still* have to pay for the stuff I want from Amazon.com!! WTF is up with that?!?! RIPOFF!!!!!1
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Endgame_basic
[QUOTE="Endgame_basic"][QUOTE="jagermizer_21"]

[QUOTE="Endgame_basic"]For gods sake, stop saying it's ONLY 50$ a year. He alrdy probably bought the 360, a controller, 2-3 games, and an XBL card so that's about 800$ canadian right there. I know an extra 50$ for me, who has a good job, after spending 800$ would be an issue.jagermizer_21

Okay so you can't afford the 50 bux at once, that does break down to five dollars a month, then buy the individual months that i know are a whole 7 dollars, big spender i realize. The funny thing is that you are defending him and by your own words you have about 25 games in six months 25 x 60 = 1500 / 6 = 250 a month on games, but yet 5 dollars or fine 7 dollars a month is out of the question? Anyone else see the irony of this statement? 

Yes, I can afford 250$ a month in games. Spending over 800$ in one shot and then having to spend more would be an issue though. Like the OP said, that's one less game he could buy. People only have so much spending money.... 

Impulse1195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Impulse1195
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts
Seriously man, what you need to do is stop being a girl about this, and just use the same account. Give your brother a swift kick in the nuts to persuade him too. Theres absolutely no reason to pay for 2 gold accounts, are you that hung up over who's achievement points belong to who?? Theres no personalization on these, short of dashboard theme, and email... neither of which are worth a 2nd account.
rbush101a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rbush101a

No impulse, didn't you see?  HE WANTS HIS OWN STATS!!!:twisted:

but really, why don't you guys use the same account, you're already using the same freaking xbox!!!

jagermizer_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jagermizer_21

Errrr maybe half the kids in these forums dont understand 50 dollars is still money and some people dont have it... i kno it good service but not 50 dollars an year worth of it, i mean we already pay for internet connection why should we pay to play some games online we half features we dont use?? Most peeps in these forums get there parents to pay for them and yes anybody can just pay 50 dollars and 4 dollars a month is not alot but it is annoying... And it would b ealot better if u made one Xbox live account and u can then have as many profiles unde rthat name as long as u want seems much fairer...Blanco98

The problem i would have with that is if people don't have 50 dollars to pay for xbl, maybe things are a little tighter than what they thought and shouldn't have spend 800 dollars on a system and whatever. My seond thought would be nobody is forcing them to pay 50 to play online, nobody has to play online, i suppose in that same context you would be the type of person that complains about tollroads, i buy gas for my car, why should i pay to drive on some roads, the point is that you don't have to, you just choose too. Third maybe some people should do some research, i don't think that ms has held the wool over peoples eyes by saying you can use this card as much as you want after you buy it, never have seen that anywhere. The problem is there are too many people in this world that want everything for free, i do agree somethings that ms charges for and the prices are sometimes high, but i have yet been forced to pay for something that i don't choose to want. Bottom line is, if you don't want to pay then just don't play

LoneWolfRei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 LoneWolfRei
Member since 2007 • 309 Posts
If you are tight on money....okay, whatever run back to your PS3. You dished out $800+ with games & Controller on that already I am sure. And now you have the 360 $600+ with Controller & Games and now you are complaining about spending an extra $50 bucks for the best online service available on a console. People who don't want to dish out the money for the membership, we really don't want you on X-Box live anyways, and I sure as hell don't want a PS3 FanBoy on there. You love it so much, run back to it and leave the happy 360 owners alone, because we really don't want to hear you complain about paying $50 a year for great service.
rbush101a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rbush101a
i've got a better idea... you get the gold account, and let your brother have the silver:twisted:
jagermizer_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jagermizer_21

If you are tight on money....okay, whatever run back to your PS3. You dished out $800+ with games & Controller on that already I am sure. And now you have the 360 $600+ with Controller & Games and now you are complaining about spending an extra $50 bucks for the best online service available on a console. People who don't want to dish out the money for the membership, we really don't want you on X-Box live anyways, and I sure as hell don't want a PS3 FanBoy on there. You love it so much, run back to it and leave the happy 360 owners alone, because we really don't want to hear you complain about paying $50 a year for great service. LoneWolfRei

Thank you, nuff said

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Endgame_basic

[QUOTE="LoneWolfRei"]If you are tight on money....okay, whatever run back to your PS3. You dished out $800+ with games & Controller on that already I am sure. And now you have the 360 $600+ with Controller & Games and now you are complaining about spending an extra $50 bucks for the best online service available on a console. People who don't want to dish out the money for the membership, we really don't want you on X-Box live anyways, and I sure as hell don't want a PS3 FanBoy on there. You love it so much, run back to it and leave the happy 360 owners alone, because we really don't want to hear you complain about paying $50 a year for great service. jagermizer_21

Thank you, nuff said

Speak for yourrself, the more people on Xbox live the better. Also, he obviously has an interest in the 360 since he bought one. Any real gamer knows it's ok to like all systems and in chosing just 1 one miss out on lots of good games. BTW, he wasn't complaining about the 50$ a year, he was complaining that you can't access it with more than one account. It'd be like paying for WoW only to be able to create 1 character and have to pay 15$ a month for every other character. Contrary to what people want to believe, the only reason  Microsoft makes it this way is to nickel and dime everyone. I suppose now you're gonna try and tell me Microsoft forcing Epic to charge dor DLC is ok?