Post some overhyped 360 games that you feel are/might be a let down.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NLink0714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NLink0714
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

We've all seen some great 360 games these past two years. And we've also seen some pretty impressive 360 game hype too.

Post some games that you feel were overhyped and ultimately under-delivered. Give some reasoning too.

Also, feel free to psot about upcoming games that are overhyped and your predictions for its delivery. And, if you want, some underrated games that certainly deserved more attention.

My picks:

Overhyped and under-delivered: Ninety-Nine Nights. Mizuguchi-san may have overlooked its simplicity.

Underrated in need of more love: Perfect Dark Zero. The co-op is fun on live if you have a good buddy and don't mind re-trying some missions over and over.

Future Overhyped games: Bioshock - I don't see why everyone is going crazy over it. The lack of multiplayer is kind of a turn off for me. Also, the trailer really didn't compel me to put a pre-order down (I'm downloading the demo...so we'll see).

Future overhyped: Mass Effect. A new IP from the makers of Jade Empire (OH Boy! - note sarcasm). Yes KOTOR was good, but the gameplay video of ME didn't really show anything cool to write home about.

And no, I'm not an anti-MSOFT/360 fanboy. I own all three and like my 360 the most so far. So please 360 fanboys/girls...keep your flaming out. I'm well aware of some users calling me a 360 hater cause I dissed Mass Effect and Bioshock, but who knows, they might both be good...or they might both fail miserably.

virtua91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 virtua91
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
Gears of War, I just don't get what so great about it.
amirsafar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 amirsafar
Member since 2005 • 1349 Posts
bioshock and mass effect is overrated big time
TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts

Gears of War, I just don't get what so great about it.virtua91

.......But your avatar is Gears? Anyways, yeah I agree with you. I never saw the huge appeal with Gears. It was a decent game.

Also, I hate how lots of people talk about how Bioshock will be a bust. If it were to be a bust it wouldn't already be getting all of these incredible reviews.

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
uh, halo 3, duh
virtua91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 virtua91
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts

i like thegeow logo, i'm also tired of people hatin bioshock give it a chance

Shatin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Shatin
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts
How can a game you haven't played be overrated already?
Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
man Jade empire does not get enough love, that game is still one of my all time favourites:(
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
These threads have got to stop. Why are people so negative about the awesome xbox 360 games? PS. Jade Empire was awesome.
Avatar image for Goldeneyemaster
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Goldeneyemaster
Member since 2003 • 6906 Posts
I think Bioshock is really overhyped. I don't really see whats so good about the game (although I haven't played the demo yet, so I'm hoping to be blown away)
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

man Jade empire does not get enough love, that game is still one of my all time favourites:(Big_player

Its just another stupid thread. People are always trying to downplay games that arent on the ps3/ps2. The only game I felt very let down with was Rainbow 6 Vegas. Somehow it has become cool to enjoy that game and bash Gears of War. We all know that Gears was much better, even with its flaws.

danlher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danlher
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
I have to say Alan Wake. I'd say Mass Effect too, but I don't think MS will let a big profile game like this to be a flop :o
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
the orange box....i never really liked half life
q8hr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 q8hr
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts
Bioshock and Mass Effect. I dont get the hype..
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

Gears of War is overrated (not as much as people say...but it still is). I mean the game looks amazing.....but it really has no story, the campaign is 8 hours long. There aren'tenoughepic bosses (that last boss was pure cake)and itis VERY linear to say the least

Future let-downs IMO....Fable 2, Too Human, and Banjo 3

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

overhyped: halo 3 I love it but I dont see it doing INCREDIBLE just great

underhyped: mass effect. I love bioware so I'll love this game

Perfect amount of hype: Bioshock andCOD4

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

who cares how hyped a game is..other than the press and the company making the game. but seriously you people make it sound like you HAVE to buy the games or something. i'll say what other decent people on this website say "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE GAME, DON'T GET IT" and move on! you don't have to post about it. geez. oh yea how about this...THEY AREN'T EVEN RELEASED YET!! so you can't talk s*** about any game that isn't released. so shut up!!!!

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 battlefront23

who cares how hyped a game is..other than the press and the company making the game. but seriously you people make it sound like you HAVE to buy the games or something. i'll say what other decent people on this website say "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE GAME, DON'T GET IT" and move on! you don't have to post about it. geez. oh yea how about this...THEY AREN'T EVEN RELEASED YET!! so you can't talk s*** about any game that isn't released. so shut up!!!!

KGB32

its just predictions and opinions. So we cant have opinions now?

x1xShadowx1x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 x1xShadowx1x
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

[QUOTE="Big_player"]man Jade empire does not get enough love, that game is still one of my all time favourites:(kevy619

Its just another stupid thread. People are always trying to downplay games that arent on the ps3/ps2. The only game I felt very let down with was Rainbow 6 Vegas. Somehow it has become cool to enjoy that game and bash Gears of War. We all know that Gears was much better, even with its flaws.

100% agree with that^.

Bioshock and mass effect are going to be amazing.The only game that Might be overhyped imho is Halo 3 just like halo 2 had big hype but didnt deliver. That being said i think the halo series is good and ill pick up the 3rd but just saying its not the best game ever made like a lot of people think

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KGB32
[QUOTE="KGB32"]

battlefront23

it's people that make predictions and opinions seem like they're carved in stone and try to make people ignore a game that has great potential of being a great success, like how people will say that "halo 3 is gonna suck" crap and make it seem like the've played the singleplayer...it frustrates me...this is why i go to gametrailers more often than this place.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="KGB32"]

KGB32

it's people that make predictions and opinions seem like they're carved in stone and try to make people ignore a game that has great potential of being a great success, like how people will say that "halo 3 is gonna suck" crap and make it seem like the've played the singleplayer...it frustrates me...this is why i go to gametrailers more often than this place.

you dont have to believe what they say you know?

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KGB32
[QUOTE="KGB32"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="KGB32"]

battlefront23

i didn't say i did lol.....becuase me and some others are smart enough to know what's true and false...but people who are naive start to believe..and spread the word and there you have it! a rumor has sprung..

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="KGB32"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="KGB32"]

KGB32

i didn't say i did lol.....becuase me and some others are smart enough to know what's true and false...but people who are naive start to believe..and spread the word and there you have it! a rumor has sprung..

Everyone believes some amount of speculation. I'm gonna buy Bioshock, halo3, COD4, and mass effect cuz of the stuff I know about them, not what some random gamespotter said.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KGB32
hells yea! people can say what they want about a game, they're just wasting their time, they can't change people's minds....but video proof can!!
Jakattaaaaaaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jakattaaaaaaak
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

Well im gonna get back to topic, i think Cod4 and Bioshock are both overrated, i mean what makes Cod4 differetn besides the settings, wasnt Cod2 made by infinity ward too, had an ok mutliplayer but not amazing like ppl are saying its going to be, and bioshock doesnt even have multiplayer, so unless its as good as oblivionwhich i doubt, i dont get the hype? Plus does anyone else think the setting is kinda lame, atlantis is a disney movie, not a scary underwater andventure.

xploded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 xploded
Member since 2005 • 1585 Posts
The secret release of Halo4 this holiday season. 60$ for 3.5 minute of unwinding cliff hanger footage!