(poll) Do you regret buying GTA IV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for EnlightenedOneX
EnlightenedOneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EnlightenedOneX
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

I know people say it gets boring, but do you regret buying the game at all?

I'm thinking about buying it, and need some opinions

btw, i didn't put a more neutral answer in the poll because I already know some of you don't think its a perfect game and I understand you feel it gets boring.

my question is do you regret buying the game in the first place??

Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
Well, my brother bought it so I can't really say but I'm sure he does because neither of us play it anymore. We both beat it and I went after some achievements but now I am playing DiRT and it sits on the shelf.
Avatar image for ViscaBarcaInter
ViscaBarcaInter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ViscaBarcaInter
Member since 2007 • 382 Posts
No, because I've put 40 hours into it. Don't know if I'll play it again, but I got my money's worth, which is more than lots of games I buy. 40 hours in this generation of 6 hour games is amazing, frankly.
Avatar image for deactivated-603016ce61bf7
deactivated-603016ce61bf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-603016ce61bf7
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts
If your a fan GTA get it however with so many new things to do its like living a real boring life so you can watch tv in your house or watch tv virtually your choice
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I love the game. Between my two files I have like 70 hours gameplay, and I still can't stop playing it. Plus I played the online a little more and its awesome. I would say buy it.
Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts
It's one of those games where I'll go a while without playing it, then one day I'll throw it in and play it for hours and can't stop.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#7 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
It was quite worth it, got about 60 hours out of it
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
Nope, i've still not finished it yet.
AssassinExDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#9 AssassinExDeus
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
Its the most boring GTA. I played it for weeks then suddenly stopped one day to takle a break and have tried to go back but just am not interested.
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
Easy one of the best games this year and if you get bored of the story then go online for some multiplayer action
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
It was definitely worth the 60, couldn't have asked for a better game.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
It was worth the 60$, but it's still been on the shelf for a while. I'm not sure I'll ever play through it again.
dzfunk64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dzfunk64
Member since 2004 • 997 Posts
It isn't quite what I expected, but it's still a pretty good game. I don't really regret buying it, but I don't think it's quite worth the price I paid for it. The downloadable content packs sound great though, so I'm hoping they'll make up for it.
GaMeR_Willz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GaMeR_Willz
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts
No-way! I love it! Only crazy people would regret it.
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

It's one of those games where I'll go a while without playing it, then one day I'll throw it in and play it for hours and can't stop.barilli71

me to

BLBLAKERS10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 BLBLAKERS10
Member since 2007 • 1280 Posts

No, because I've put 40 hours into it. Don't know if I'll play it again, but I got my money's worth, which is more than lots of games I buy. 40 hours in this generation of 6 hour games is amazing, frankly.ViscaBarcaInter

The best answer!!!

No one regrets buying this game.. Just because you have played it for 50 hours and its borin now doesnt mean you regret buying it..

BLBLAKERS10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BLBLAKERS10

It isn't quite what I expected, but it's still a pretty good game. I don't really regret buying it, but I don't think it's quite worth the price I paid for it. The downloadable content packs sound great though, so I'm hoping they'll make up for it.dzfunk64

haha lmao!! How could this game not be worth 60$???!!! All the content, single player, multiplayer and the endless amounts of fun not be worth 60$.. I just love the ignorance from some ppl!!

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts

[QUOTE="dzfunk64"]It isn't quite what I expected, but it's still a pretty good game. I don't really regret buying it, but I don't think it's quite worth the price I paid for it. The downloadable content packs sound great though, so I'm hoping they'll make up for it.BLBLAKERS10

haha lmao!! How could this game not be worth 60$???!!! All the content, single player, multiplayer and the endless amounts of fun not be worth 60$.. I just love the ignorance from some ppl!!

personally I was suprised by the lack of content. in the single player all there really is to do is the main story. i liked how in saints row there were cool mini missions you could do, like insurance fraud and what not.

the single player is pretty awesome though, and i think it makes it all worth it.

dzfunk64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dzfunk64
Member since 2004 • 997 Posts

[QUOTE="dzfunk64"]It isn't quite what I expected, but it's still a pretty good game. I don't really regret buying it, but I don't think it's quite worth the price I paid for it. The downloadable content packs sound great though, so I'm hoping they'll make up for it.BLBLAKERS10

I'm not being ignorant, I'm just saying it's not what I expected. It's a great game, but it doesn't feel like a Grand Theft Auto game to me. I don't like how you can't freely steal any car you want now because you have to worry about the cops seeing you, or someone callign you in for it. Yeah, it's more realistic, but video games are supposed to be fantasy, not reality, and that's what I liked so much about previous GTA games.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I just think they changed the game way too much. That's just my opinion. You may feel differently, and that's okay. I'm glad you like it, but I'd rather see a game that was more like the previous games.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
well its worth the money and online is great. compared to 6-8 hour games
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
wheres the option for "no i dont regret it, its a great game but not perfect" ? MGS4 is a much better overall game so far
The_GR8_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_GR8_H
Member since 2008 • 238 Posts
I dont regret buying it, although I dont think it lived up to all of the hyoe it was getting...but im sure Rockstar will come through and make the neccassary changes in the series' games to come
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts
I really like GTA 4. But do I regret buying it? No...
ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

Why you ask? I find the game great but i can't pick either vote because i don't absolutely love the game neither do I get bored of it. I just like it.

But in my opinion, I wouldn't regret buying GTA IV. It's a great all-around game. What i hate is the Gameplay. Driving literally sucks, when you ride bikes trying to do stunts but always fly off when you crash, Niko takes so long to do certain things, too many glitches, and a few more.

Awesome game. :D

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I dont think I have ever regreted buy any of my games
BLBLAKERS10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BLBLAKERS10
[QUOTE="BLBLAKERS10"]

[QUOTE="dzfunk64"]It isn't quite what I expected, but it's still a pretty good game. I don't really regret buying it, but I don't think it's quite worth the price I paid for it. The downloadable content packs sound great though, so I'm hoping they'll make up for it.dzfunk64

I'm not being ignorant, I'm just saying it's not what I expected. It's a great game, but it doesn't feel like a Grand Theft Auto game to me. I don't like how you can't freely steal any car you want now because you have to worry about the cops seeing you, or someone callign you in for it. Yeah, it's more realistic, but video games are supposed to be fantasy, not reality, and that's what I liked so much about previous GTA games.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I just think they changed the game way too much. That's just my opinion. You may feel differently, and that's okay. I'm glad you like it, but I'd rather see a game that was more like the previous games.

Yeah I feel you.. I still think GTA SAN AN is better.. But for you to say it was not worth 60 is pretty insane..

Duminakan89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Duminakan89
Member since 2005 • 857 Posts
it's amazing if you got bored of it it's your own personal opinion, fleeting opinions shouldn't demerit the game.
a_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 a_user
Member since 2008 • 746 Posts
Why would I regret buying GTA4? It's literally the best available game of the century, hell the critical acclaim it received alone should tell you it's worth buying. What the hell do you need our testimony for? I don't see how 20 people found it dissapointing, I guess they'd rather have a bunch of minigames than a game with an actual story.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
I am a bit disappointed with the game overall, but i do not regret buying it.
a_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 a_user
Member since 2008 • 746 Posts

dzfunk64

Correct if I'm wrong but last time I checked there was no "how to" book for developing video games nor is there any rule book stating what a GTA is supposed to be and is not supposed to be. After all, if the formula is succesful (which the average score from critics and sales indicate GTA4 clearly is) the developers should stick with it, right? You're entitled to your opinions and I know this sounds prejudice since I obviously personally enjoyed the game however I think it's a bit unreasonable to dislike a game just because of its difficulty. I don't think it's quite fair that because you couldn't commit crimes with the slightest of ease in the fourth installment of the series you feel the game wasn't worth the price. Video games have come along way since pong and I think realism is a big part of games now, there's still some fantasy left in cerain games (Halo 3, Mass Effect, Too Human) however as graphics and game play improve I think we're going to see a lot more games similar to GTA4, especially since it became so popular and succesful. The commercials and game play videos clearly showed players that this installment of the game was going to be different, if you felt that realism had no part in the GTA franchise you shouldn't of purchased it. I know change is hard but it be even harder to have to pay $60 every year for gradual changes leading up to a major one. Anyway, I don't know about you but $60 for a 40 to 60 hour game with multiplayer and downloadable content sounds reasonable to me.

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
I don't have a single thread of regret about buying it.
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
Hell no, I love GTA
Vic_Vega1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vic_Vega1994
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts
nope i still play but now that i have Metal Gear Solid 4 its hard to go back to GTAIV
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
well since ive finished the single player and most of the side missions and i didnt like the multiplayer that much i put it on the side until the new downloadable content comes out.
aarow82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 aarow82
Member since 2004 • 160 Posts
i regret paying so much for it. i wish i had waited but i wanted to get the collectors edition and i thought they'd all be sold by time i did get it.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Somewhat, I got 100% pretty quick and i'm completely done with the game and probably never going to touch it again. But i've bought way worse games.
kvasimotor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kvasimotor
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I agree completely, great game but a total departure from the great evolution they had going with the previous games. If you have followed the series you must have expected more, especially with the extremely delayed launch and the trailers that gave an impression of a 'living city' and bla bla bla
HighTechHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HighTechHero
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts
You will regret buying the game like me if you have finished the game. Don't tell me that you can still do crazy stuff because we all know it gets old. Story missions are the only interesting stuff in the game IMO. You would not regret buying the game if you have not finished it. The multiplayer is the only thing left once you finish the story. I was also dissapointed that the game was not that long. Previous GTA's took me forever to finish, I finished this game in 28 hours.
HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts

You will regret buying the game like me if you have finished the game. Don't tell me that you can still do crazy stuff because we all know it gets old. Story missions are the only interesting stuff in the game IMO. You would not regret buying the game if you have not finished it. The multiplayer is the only thing left once you finish the story. I was also dissapointed that the game was not that long. Previous GTA's took me forever to finish, I finished this game in 28 hours.HighTechHero

Yeah, thats how i felt. The story is really all it has going for it. The multiplayer isn't really good enough to keep me coming back. They needed more mini-missions.

gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
I love this game.