Play and Charge Kit help!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Liana_o3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Liana_o3
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
When i plug it in my controller, the light does not show a red light, it turns to green automatically even though it's drained it is still color green. what's happening. and my contoller dies out even though the battery is full. help please thanks.
tennisacerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tennisacerg
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
how long have you had the rechargable battery pack? if you have had it for a while, the battery might just be dying and you need to get a new one
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts
Buy the energizer 15 min recharger pack last long and mult-uses
Astral_Vapor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Astral_Vapor
Member since 2007 • 276 Posts
The play and charge kit cable ALWAYS glows green when plugged in. It means its charging the conroller. Only the battery station has a red/green light system. So your ok. Green means its charging your controller. You'll just have to hit the guid button and look on the dashboard to see how charged the controller is.
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts

The play and charge kit cable ALWAYS glows green when plugged in.Astral_Vapor

Weird, mines red until it's charged then turns green. And it IS the play and charge kit!

grvr316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grvr316
Member since 2003 • 679 Posts
Red = charging, green = done. Something must be wrong with your battery pack or charging cord, see if you can get a hold of a friends play and charge kit and swap the cord first, then try swapping the battery pack. Then you should know what part is failing you.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

[QUOTE="Astral_Vapor"]The play and charge kit cable ALWAYS glows green when plugged in.harashawn

Weird, mines red until it's charged then turns green. And it IS the play and charge kit!

This sounds more normal - mine is red while charging and turns green to show it is fully charged.

Liana_o3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Liana_o3
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

i left it overnight with the green light on. I checked it, and it didn't charge at all. WTF.

hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts

Important

Damaged battery packs will not charge and could harm your controller. Battery packs that have been crushed, immersed in liquids, or exposed to intense heat may be damaged beyond use and should be disposed of in accordance with local laws.

Clean Your Battery Pack

If it is necessary to clean the battery contacts, use only a dry cloth. Water or chemicals can damage the contacts.

Notes
  • Fully charging the battery can take up to six hours using the play & charge kit.
  • The battery may become warm during charging or use. This is normal and does not indicate a problem with the battery.
  • If the battery is unused for a long time, it may lose its charge. If this occurs, simply recharge the battery normally.
  • Very depleted rechargeable battery packs can take up to 20 minutes to charge enough to power a controller for use with the play & charge kit.
  • Remove and store the rechargeable battery pack when not using the controller for a month or longer.
  • At first, or after storage for a long period of time, it can take from three to five full charge cycles for the battery pack to achieve its full capacity.
  • The battery has a limited life. The amount of play time will decrease as the battery pack ages or after many recharge cycles. The battery pack needs to be replaced when play time becomes too short or when it can no longer be charged.

If you charge and charge your battery again and again some batteries develop what is called (battery memory effect) which happens when you charge the battery when is not fully depleted, if you keep charging undepleted batteries they start to charge only from that point on, it's a very common problem with any kind of rechargable batteries.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

[QUOTE="Astral_Vapor"]The play and charge kit cable ALWAYS glows green when plugged in.harashawn

mine too although its not offical kit, its a copy plug n play kit from game shops in uk. but does same as urs. red when charging, green when full. sounds like ur batterys playing up mate. or keep charign it for a few hours. way to test if its full or not, or if the battery or lead is giving out the wrong signal saying its full when its not is to do the following plug the kit in to the xbox, turn it on . shud turn the pad on as well. wait a few secs for the xbox to power up properly. leave it plugged in and turn it off. if the xbox is still on and making noises then its still charging and leave it in. and it swtiches off when finished. now if the battery is empty and the xbox turns off as if it were full then i think ur batterys broke and odds on the cells inside have died so u only got a very limited capacity inside of active cells (as once a cell inside a battery dies it closes it off so it cant be used or charged so it dont over heat and catch fire) as cells die in rechargeable batterys usually most computers dont pick up that the cells are dead and assume the pack still has full capacity. but the dead cells wont respond but the good ones will and once they full they will tell ur xbox they full and it will think its got a full charge until u use it and find it runs out dead fast. so if its running on empty and the xbox switches off and dont charge then odds on the batters come to the end of its life. possibly a problem with the actual lead but id say it sounds very much like dead battery cells inside the pack
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
With me, the light is messed up and doesn't mean anything. The battery still works, fine, I just have to tell for myself when it's done.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
happens when you charge the battery when is not fully depleted, if you keep charging undepleted batteries they start to charge only from that point on, it's a very common problem with any kind of rechargable batteries.hrah
yeah the cells just end up going stale and dying off if they remain full for ages. idealy with any recharable batteries or battery packs its very advisable to only charge them when the pack is compleletly or very nearly ran out of batteriers. if u think ill be good and keep on top of it then odds on the above will happen to ur pack. nowt to do with the company that supplied the pack, its just a bad limitation with all affordable rechargable batteries that are sold around the world, same with phones/ laptops etc.
snowblind54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 snowblind54
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts
It could be just a problem with the controller, happened 2 me once, check the charger then c if u need a new controller (possible problems with where the charger is plugged in if u've dropped or otherwise abused yur controller alot.)
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

The play and charge kit cable ALWAYS glows green when plugged in. It means its charging the conroller. Only the battery station has a red/green light system. So your ok. Green means its charging your controller. You'll just have to hit the guid button and look on the dashboard to see how charged the controller is.Astral_Vapor

Uhh no....if the charger is glowing red it means its charging, if its green it means its fully charged.

Xizle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xizle
Member since 2008 • 657 Posts

The play and charge kit cable ALWAYS glows green when plugged in. It means its charging the conroller. Only the battery station has a red/green light system. So your ok. Green means its charging your controller. You'll just have to hit the guid button and look on the dashboard to see how charged the controller is.Astral_Vapor

WRONG!!! they show a red light when chargeing and a green light when charged. Mine has done this twice once it did it with a second hand one of ebay. Then after a few months my brand new one died. Its only the battery pack that died.

Bloodymassacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bloodymassacre
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts

It's happened to me a few times, so I'll tell you what I did, not saying it works but ya know...

All I did was change the recharable battery pack to my other controller, and for some reason it works again...when it did it again, I switched it back to my other controller and tada...it works? I'm not sure why it does that, but I've had it since launch xbox and haven't bought a new battery pack or anything yet.

Also, yes red is when it's charging, even when plugged in while playing it will be red. It changes green when it finishes, though it shouldn't really ever be green while your playing considering your using some "juice" the whole time too.

Hope that helps.

Gallardo980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gallardo980
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

same thing happens to me my battery is dead then when i plug in the play and charge kit it goes straight to green light i have tryed a new play and charge cable and a new battery but still nothing happens i got my xbox nearly a year ago and got play and charge kitin march last year

i have dropped controller couple of times lol. does anyone have any ideas wat it the problem could be and have you got any ideas wat i could do to try and find out maybe trying a new controller.

thank you for any help.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
When i plug it in my controller, the light does not show a red light, it turns to green automatically even though it's drained it is still color green. what's happening. and my contoller dies out even though the battery is full. help please thanks. Liana_o3
That is what it deos and it is a rip off.
mitch079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mitch079
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts

Had the same problem with 2 of the 3 batteries I have. I just bought a plug and play charger and the batteries charge fine. I've read other people have the same problem so it's an issue with the product itself. Not very surprising, given it is Microsoft.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
It will just be that the battery has ran out. No big deal. Every battery ever made eventually stops working for good. I need to buy a new one soon myself as it hardly holds a charge now.
Solid_Snake56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Solid_Snake56
Member since 2002 • 3954 Posts

I find that the charge packs are crap and break frequently...probably gonna have to go get a new one

Blobstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blobstone
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts
[QUOTE="harashawn"]

[QUOTE="Astral_Vapor"]The play and charge kit cable ALWAYS glows green when plugged in.Avenger1324

This sounds more normal - mine is red while charging and turns green to show it is fully charged.

same
Letmekilluplz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Letmekilluplz
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

sounds like you battery or cable is wearing out

bbx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bbx19
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
no green means its done charging
AmBrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AmBrew
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
When i plug it in my controller, the light does not show a red light, it turns to green automatically even though it's drained it is still color green. what's happening. and my controller dies out even though the battery is full. help please thanks. Liana_o3
Hey i had the same problem and my charge kit is brand new... I plug in the cable and light glows red for about 1 minute and then glows green indicating that the battery is fully charged. I then take the cable out of the controller and it goes flat in a matter of 3 seconds. I had a play around with it and got it working and here is how i did it. Plug the cable into the console and the controller. As soon as the light turns green unplug the cable and then plug it straight back in. Just keep repeating this step until it stays red and begins charging as it should. I repeated this step 3 times and its now charging correctly. Hope this helps..
Jeff_Boldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jeff_Boldt
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts

completely off topic, but did you take the pic in your sig yourself or snag it from somewhere? reason i ask is it looks -exactly- like the schoolyard down the street from my house. ---exactly--- like it.

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts

This actually works.

Plug it in, unplug it.

Do this about 20 times or so and it should repower the batteries.

When a rechargeable battery sits somewhere long enough it dies.

If you follow these steps it should repower the battery and be ready for charging.