Own Character In Fable 2 Coop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

I was just wondering if anything has been confirmed like a update or something , which will allow you to use your own character in coop. Also , if anything isn't confirmed , how do you feel about this?

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
You can only have a henchman, and I feel that PM has been very deceptive over how it has been portrayed. If you listen to the video diaries and E3 footage you will hear he tells you exactly what you will get, but what you are led to believe is very different. He makes no effort to stop people thinking they will be able to bring their actual character into someone else's coop game.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Personally, i think the co-op as is, sucks. BUT, i also believe that Fable 2 is one of those games thats really meant to be played alone in single player anyway. The fact that online co-op was added to the game draws away from that fact. Too much attention is being brought to the co-op, which honestly, shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. Not everything HAS to be multiplayer you know?
Xaron_Jamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xaron_Jamis
Member since 2005 • 93 Posts

Personally, i think the co-op as is, sucks. BUT, i also believe that Fable 2 is one of those games thats really meant to be played alone in single player anyway. The fact that online co-op was added to the game draws away from that fact. Too much attention is being brought to the co-op, which honestly, shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. Not everything HAS to be multiplayer you know? DZBricktop

I agree, it can still be fun if you want to terreroize a village with your friend, but there are two things if changed that would make it alot better. 1. if when you play on a sepperet Xbox each person had there own screen instead of being scrunched on one, 2. if you could bring your own character in.

Avatar image for The_Dark_Jester
The_Dark_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 The_Dark_Jester
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
I agree with your own screen. As for your own hero it wouldn't make sense to the story if there were two heroes. I mean the story is about a loan hero on a quest. Wouldn't two heroes just defeat the purpose? Also PM was clear in the fact that you would only be a henchman. He did make it sound like you be able to do more though. Besides bringing gold and XP back with is a nice bonus.
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
They said there will be a co-op mode so they made it a big deal. I think the game will be fun with it as much as it is without it. I am looking forward to co-op mode and to be able to play through it with a friend makes it even better in my eyes. I am enjoying first player, but co-op opens up a whole new way to play the game at least in my eyes.
Alan-89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alan-89
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

how far apart can you go away from the other player in co-op??

Xaron_Jamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xaron_Jamis
Not too far and its quite annoying because I have gotten stuck behind something before, and that was before I knew about the teliport thing by pressing the back button.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

You can only have a henchman, and I feel that PM has been very deceptive over how it has been portrayed. If you listen to the video diaries and E3 footage you will hear he tells you exactly what you will get, but what you are led to believe is very different. He makes no effort to stop people thinking they will be able to bring their actual character into someone else's coop game.Avenger1324

I agree with everything you just said. Co-op seems pointless now. I mean you can still trade and talk with the "flying orbs". Why join a friends game if you can't use your GUY!?

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

Not too far and its quite annoying because I have gotten stuck behind something before, and that was before I knew about the teliport thing by pressing the back button.Xaron_Jamis

XBL co-op or same 360 co-op?

Xaron_Jamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xaron_Jamis
both that is why it is stupid I think that on XBL we should have separet screens.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

I think it's fun when playing in the same room.

I was playing coop at my friend's house and had a blast fighting and shooting things with the flintlock pistol. I just wish I could customize the henchman's looks, rather than just choose evil/good, male/female.

It also makes the game easier, not that it is hard at all anyways.

mattngc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 mattngc
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts
Isnt there a patch on the way this week to get the orb switched for your character?