Not happy with DOA4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

menmau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 menmau
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts

Hi everyone.

I opened this topic to know if there is anyone that thinks the same as me about DOA4.

I own DOA3 and DOA Ultimate for Xbox, since they were released. I like them both.The gameplay is awesome, and somewhat easy to master.

Then I bought DOA4 for Xbox 360. The graphics are great, sound is good, plenty of options, etc. It seemed that it was another game that I was going to love. But soon I realized that the gameplay was much more hard. I tried to master it, but with no results at all. The AI even in normal difficulty gives me headaches... But the worst is the final Boss, Kasumi´s clone. Sometimes I have to try more than 20/30 times to beat her. Its almost impossible, and I just want to throw the gamepad way...

Thanks for reading.

reckeweg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 reckeweg
Member since 2003 • 1167 Posts
So your saying you don't like the game because its harder? I'll admit that last boss can be a chore but she hardly as difficult as you seem to find her. Maybe you just need to practice more. I love DOA 4, I also loved DOA 3 and DOA ultimate too.
menmau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 menmau

The previous DOA were much more easy to master, and didn´t have such ridiculous difficulty.

Ok, maybe I'm being a crybaby, but this was the first game that made me throw the controller away.
In my opinion DOA4 is the first game in the series that I dislike.

CPU64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 CPU64
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

(double checks topic date... Cool, not an old topic)

I also don't think its right for you to not like the game simply for the fact that you aren't very good at it.

Its actually a good thing that its harder to be good at it, its more reason for you to put more practice time on it.

If you're not going to enjoy the challenge, you might want to stay away from other Team Ninja games, i.e. Ninja Gaiden 2

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

The previous DOA were much more easy to master, and didn´t have such ridiculous difficulty.

Ok, maybe I'm being a crybaby, but this was the first game that made me throw the controller away.
In my opinion DOA4 is the first game in the series that I dislike.

menmau

Do you really dislike it or is it that losing pisses you off... but you still play the game alot?

I mean, if it was genuine hate I don't think you'd stick around for 20-30 matches against the same person.

menmau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 menmau

I have played Ninja Gaiden Black. But from what I heard I should really avoid Ninja Gaiden 2.

Maybe you are right! The fact is that I am not very good at it, and I should practice a BIT more.

menmau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 menmau

Do you really dislike it or is it that losing pisses you off... but you still play the game alot?

I mean, if it was genuine hate I don't think you'd stick around for 20-30 matches against the same person.

Senor_Kami

Thats a good point.

I don´t hate it, I just don´t like it like the previous iterations.

The most plausible reason for that is because I keep losing a lot, and that pisses me off.

I try that amount of times to get unlockables, to the characters that I like.

havocmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 havocmerc
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts
Man, Team Ninja games are for the strong of heart, you have to be really hard core to go through that kind of torture to complete one of their games.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
then get SCIV
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts

I agree a lot with you menmau. I liked gameplay in DOA3 over DOA4. I used to breeze through the DOA3 story mode. However, in DOA4 I had problems adjusting to the 'normal' difficulty (and still do). If I wanted this game to be insanely difficult, I would have adjusted the settings as such, but it shouldn't be THAT hard on Normal.

The end boss, Alpha-152, is one of the cheapest final bosses ever in a fighting game. It took me over 35 minutes just to beat her with Bayman (Bayman isn't a guy I use at all. I only used him because I was going for the achievements to collect all outfits). Even so, her moves are cheap and do way too much damage. I won't even get started on her multiple teleports she does.

It seemed like countering was a little easier in DOA3 than in DOA4. DOA4 was a launch title though really. It's an older game. Obviously, I like SC4 over DOA4, but I still enjoy DOA4. It's not the best fighting game out, but it's still a good one.

Avatar image for Love_Hina_Lover
Love_Hina_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Love_Hina_Lover
Member since 2002 • 4381 Posts

Hi everyone.

I opened this topic to know if there is anyone that thinks the same as me about DOA4.

I own DOA3 and DOA Ultimate for Xbox, since they were released. I like them both.The gameplay is awesome, and somewhat easy to master.

Then I bought DOA4 for Xbox 360. The graphics are great, sound is good, plenty of options, etc. It seemed that it was another game that I was going to love. But soon I realized that the gameplay was much more hard. I tried to master it, but with no results at all. The AI even in normal difficulty gives me headaches... But the worst is the final Boss, Kasumi´s clone. Sometimes I have to try more than 20/30 times to beat her. Its almost impossible, and I just want to throw the gamepad way...

Thanks for reading.

menmau

Well i dont agree with you, having logged over a thosand hours on it, being one of the top players in canada(competed at wcg's) i can say that the game is top notch
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
what so you didnt like doa4 because it wasnt easy lol thats not a good enough reason imo doa4 was really good i mean it could have been way better but it was a launch title and for that you can forgive its downfalls, doa5 better be amazing though