No hype about Black Ops? Seriously, who can't wait?!

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spartan90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Spartan90
Member since 2004 • 1450 Posts

im getting it just for campagin. that is all.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I'll probably get it. It'll give me something to do over winter break since I'll be off school for a month.
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

Unless my friends all just decide to pick it up, were waiting for the BFBC2 Update, Vietnam.

Avatar image for XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54 XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

I really want this game. I have this iphone app called 'black ops countdown' and I check it every day even though I know what its going to say! Thats obsession.....

Only 22 days 4 hours 13 minutes and 10 seconds to go! :D

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Just because a new installment of CoD comes out frequently doesn't make it any less fun to play than its predecessors. I'm pretty excited for Black Ops. It would be cool if they made another CoD involving D-Day though where you can rush the beach.
GamerLegend10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 GamerLegend10
Member since 2010 • 3358 Posts

yeah it looks awesome, i ahve already pre-ordered.

single palyer trailer was awesome (although wont get hopes up too much). Multiplayer looks awesome. nice co-op feature.

And do i really have to say more than: ZOMBIES!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Noble_Seven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 Noble_Seven
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Just because a new installment of CoD comes out frequently doesn't make it any less fun to play than its predecessors. I'm pretty excited for Black Ops. It would be cool if they made another CoD involving D-Day though where you can rush the beach.Ghost_702
Amen to this. There's no need to become a cynic and denounce the COD franchise for being repetitive. If the game is fun, who cares about whether it's predecessor was a cash cow? Who cares whether the multiplayer won't have changed much from previous games? Lots of people are saying that the first COD was the best. It wasn't, really. Black-Ops will be far superior, simply because of technological advances and advancement of the industry. You have just become a cynic, convinced that the originals have some sort of moral superiority over its children. Chill Out.
MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

Why would i be excited by a 3rd rehash?

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I have to agree people need to chill out a little. Apparently it's popular to hate any game that's mainstream now.. Just because CoD has a new installment every year doesn't mean the new ones don't deserve to be played. They're still fun and they still offer something new. I feel sorry for those guys who keep saying CoD4 was the "best CoD in the series" and they just play that one over and over. Why not try something new? And what about fans of sports games? Those games barely offer anything new to the series besides a roster change every year and still people rush to get those. At least Black Ops is offering a lot of unique new features that weren't in previous installments, plus new maps, new guns, perks/killstreaks the list goes on. Just calm down with all the hate already.
CoD-Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 CoD-Prophecy
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts
In a way I do agree with you there because they are coming out with them way too fast. And 90% of the time people tend to like the older games because they were so new and cool back then, but things are changing now and with some of the things that they are coming out with for the multi-player and the campaign do actually look pretty interesting. There is only so much they can come up with when they focus on events that actually happened as compared to some of the fictional things. I do however think that they should've stopped the CoD series and branched off with another if they were going to move on to events that never actually took place in history. I saw CoD as more of a historically accurate game.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#62 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
Yeah im excited for Black ops, took in Medal of Honor towards trade on it.
DesiGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DesiGhost
Member since 2010 • 371 Posts

I can't. I have a feeling black ops is making some great changes, and with a zombies mode mixed with the MW formula, It seems its going to be fantastic!

soufan123

Ok truthfully, Black Ops is gonna suck. Treyarch copies everything that Infinityward did. They put custom killstreaks, so did Treyarch, They copied Gungame from Counterstrike, and seriously, who would want to customize their red dot sight with a pink skull instead of a dot? They put an ugly remote control car with a camera in the Prestige Edition... I doubt 6 year olds buy Call Of Duty.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

Why would you be? Its just another CoD, same old thing.

TheProGam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheProGam3r
Member since 2010 • 54 Posts

I'm pretty pumped, but I haven't even pre-ordered it.

TheProGam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TheProGam3r

[QUOTE="soufan123"]

I can't. I have a feeling black ops is making some great changes, and with a zombies mode mixed with the MW formula, It seems its going to be fantastic!

DesiGhost

Ok truthfully, Black Ops is gonna suck. Treyarch copies everything that Infinityward did. They put custom killstreaks, so did Treyarch, They copied Gungame from Counterstrike, and seriously, who would want to customize their red dot sight with a pink skull instead of a dot? They put an ugly remote control car with a camera in the Prestige Edition... I doubt 6 year olds buy Call Of Duty.

I agree that some of the stuff is stupid, but just because Treyarch copied Infinityward, doesn't mean that the game will suck. Treyarch should have come up with new and original ideas, but most of the stuff Infinityward did was an improvment.
winterMarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 winterMarine
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts
agreed.. this cod especaily with the new customization any way.
winterMarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 winterMarine
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts
Its the COD franchise should it not be copied? Plus I looked at some of the trailers currency, customization with characters and guns. This will be a new era LOL. Point is its the COD franchise its supposed to be the same why should treyarch make a COD thats more like battle field?
CoD-Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 CoD-Prophecy
If you know anything about Black Ops and the things they have done, then you would not have posted this thread.
CoD-Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 CoD-Prophecy
You know nothing.
Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

I don't really care for it, I'll buy it when the hype dies down..

TheProGam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheProGam3r

I have to agree people need to chill out a little. Apparently it's popular to hate any game that's mainstream now.. Just because CoD has a new installment every year doesn't mean the new ones don't deserve to be played. They're still fun and they still offer something new. I feel sorry for those guys who keep saying CoD4 was the "best CoD in the series" and they just play that one over and over. Why not try something new? And what about fans of sports games? Those games barely offer anything new to the series besides a roster change every year and still people rush to get those. At least Black Ops is offering a lot of unique new features that weren't in previous installments, plus new maps, new guns, perks/killstreaks the list goes on. Just calm down with all the hate already.wwervin
I completly agree. I think that CoD 4 is the best so far but I really don't play it as much as I play games that have come out more recently.

soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts
If you know anything about Black Ops and the things they have done, then you would not have posted this thread.CoD-Prophecy
lol im just looking for an interesting discussion. sorry my names not cod prophecy :S
XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts

Why would I buy a game, thats not different from the last game (Modern Warfare 2), that I already have (Modern Warfare 2)? Just with a different setting (Black Ops). That, right there, is a waste of $60 IMO.

I may get it if it's a gift (Christmas).

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

soufan123
i cant wait for zombies mode....and the single player...and mutiplayer looks the best
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#76 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Haven't even finished CoD2. Series doesn't make an impact on me.
CoD-Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 CoD-Prophecy
[QUOTE="CoD-Prophecy"]If you know anything about Black Ops and the things they have done, then you would not have posted this thread.soufan123
lol im just looking for an interesting discussion. sorry my names not cod prophecy :S

Jealous :)
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
[QUOTE="DesiGhost"]

[QUOTE="soufan123"]

TheProGam3r

I agree that some of the stuff is stupid, but just because Treyarch copied Infinityward, doesn't mean that the game will suck. Treyarch should have come up with new and original ideas, but most of the stuff Infinityward did was an improvment.

It may not be original, or well made. But its a simple, easy game to play, with a big online community and can always be there to pop in the disk tray. CoD is a great filler game between big platform exclusives and the likes