next microsoft console would be 2013

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Super_Jackpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Super_Jackpot
Member since 2007 • 94 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/newthisweek.html?date=q1_2013&type=new_this_week&platform=1029&sort=rdate&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc

will the next console come out in 2013? also right now will there be any upgrades? like ps3 firmware?

bigboy2092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bigboy2092
Member since 2005 • 1113 Posts
2013? arent we all going to die at 2012? whats the point of them making a console if we are all going to die? lol might sound funny but thats what everyone is saying that the world will die in december 2012
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

2013? arent we all going to die at 2012? whats the point of them making a console if we are all going to die? lol might sound funny but thats what everyone is saying that the world will die in december 2012bigboy2092

What the hell are you on about?...

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hitchy9
I'm the idiot? You're the one who believes that rubbish, lol.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hitchy9

So you'd be happy if you were correct and everyone died in 2012?

What, are you like 12 years old?

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts
who ever thinks the world will end in 2012 is a complete moron
Motley--Crue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Motley--Crue
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
lol WOW. Pass some of that s*** around man, hogging it all to yourself
bigboy2092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigboy2092
Member since 2005 • 1113 Posts

lmao i just gave u a link, i aint said i belive that speculation but nearly all scientists etc say it will happen, who knows, hope it doesnt lol but ya, its a read the dude who asked first should check so next time when someone brings the subject he doesnt ask "WHAA" for no reason.

anywayz bull or not its true and alot actually belive it will happen , im not sure if i belive it lol but yea

Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Gamefisher86
Member since 2004 • 588 Posts
wasnt there a similer think going around around december 31, 1999? oh yeah the whole Y2K thing... see how that worked out huh? lol dont believe everything u here ok?
Motley--Crue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Motley--Crue
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
lol its all cool but are you passing it around or what??? lol jk
rjnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rjnight
Member since 2005 • 153 Posts

who cares when the next console come out?... just have fun with the one out now and don't worry about it... i mean this gen has only just started.

and as for the 2012 thing, come on EVERYONE knows that the world well come to an end in the year 2000! fear the great and powerful Y2K bug hahaha... I mean come ON! just because some dumb stone calender only goes to the year 2012 does not mean that the world will end, I have a calender that only goes to the end of next mouth ahhhh! the world gonna end!!! not!! can it end in the year 2012? sure, could it end or change next mouth? YES! is it a fact that we can prove beyond any doubt? no. anything is possible... so don't worry about it, enjoy life as if every day was you last and be happy! because who want to die sad?

d-suhiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 d-suhiti
Member since 2004 • 2593 Posts

lmao i just gave u a link, i aint said i belive that speculation but nearly all scientists etc say it will happen, who knows, hope it doesnt lol but ya, its a read the dude who asked first should check so next time when someone brings the subject he doesnt ask "WHAA" for no reason.

anywayz bull or not its true and alot actually belive it will happen , im not sure if i belive it lol but yea

bigboy2092

I am a scientist, and the world will die in 23 minutes. Trust me, I can show you a wikipedia page for the proof. And then my a$$ will turn to jello.

Oh, and pissing out of the window and s**ting out the window are TWO different things!!

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hitchy9
You do realise anyone can go on Wikipedia and edit the text on the website? It's hardly a credible website.
slickchris7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 slickchris7777
Member since 2005 • 1610 Posts
This thread has gone completely off topic. Anyways, is that link credible.
qrEE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 qrEE
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

great im going to die before the next step in evolution! (of gaming)

that sux, but i hope they'll make it a little sooner so i can have some time before the comets fall, or whatever is going to happen.

Avatar image for darkfightersoul
darkfightersoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkfightersoul
Member since 2003 • 240 Posts
Okay people, stop being idiots. The world is not going to end in 2012. It is just a stupid rumor that people are passing around because we are nearing the year. It is just the ancient Mayan calendar cycle coming to a new age. It has gone through 12 cycles and is about to begin the thirteenth. People are just being stupid by saying, "Oh it is the end of the world!" because they are doomists and don't know the real story behind the truth.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts
What? those releases in 2013 are for the 360! Whoa. Well my predictions were close.....I guess my Sig worked after all.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sarmini
Member since 2007 • 2420 Posts

People say Earth will end in 2012 simply because the Earth completes its Axis Turn (Forget the technical term, sorry) in 2012 which only happens every 26,000 years. People are making it huge because we dont know what will happen, and Humanity is naturally afraid of the unknown. The Earth is already in the process, so it wont be that big. Maybe hotter and colder weather but I think thats all it will be. Now if it did it suddenly then we would be screwed. Mass earthquakes, supervolcanoes, storms, hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, floods, everything. Since its going slowly I doubt it will happen.

Now even if something catastrophic happens, theres no way Humanity will go extinct. Theres just far too many of us. Alot might die but we've banded together in the past to survive so we'll do it again.

Anyway, good. Im glad theyre waiting. Two reasons.

1) If 2012 kills me then I wont have to spend more money.

2) Ill have a job by then so I know Ill be able to get one instead of begging my parents.

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sarmini

Okay people, stop being idiots. The world is not going to end in 2012. It is just a stupid rumor that people are passing around because we are nearing the year. It is just the ancient Mayan calendar cycle coming to a new age. It has gone through 12 cycles and is about to begin the thirteenth. People are just being stupid by saying, "Oh it is the end of the world!" because they are doomists and don't know the real story behind the truth.darkfightersoul
I thought the Mayans believed that the Earth has been created and destroyed 4 times, and after that then Earth and Life on Earth will be no more. We're currently on the 4th and final stage.

Damn, I watch too much History channel :)

SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
That's one of the dumbest things in the world saying that the world will end in 2012. I went to that Wikipedia page and didn't see anything about the world ending. It's all just a bunch of mumbo jumbo to scare you and make you go crazy. Get over it and return to reality.
angrules23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 angrules23
Member since 2007 • 854 Posts
i feel sorry for the people who believe in that kind of crap
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sarmini
wasnt there a similer think going around around december 31, 1999? oh yeah the whole Y2K thing... see how that worked out huh? lol dont believe everything u here ok?Gamefisher86
Was there any prophecies surrounding it? 2012 has loads of prophicies, including Nostrodamus who happens to be perhaps the best guy at prophecies there ever was. If he believes it, then I strongly want to aswell, but then I dont because that would mean I die and that would suck.
mjl259

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 mjl259
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts

bigboy2092

2012 is not the year scientists say it will happen, its the year the scientists say the Mayans predicted the end. Which is complete malarky considering they had nothing but sticks and stones and their eyeballs to make predictions.

pinionxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pinionxl
Member since 2002 • 1870 Posts
This thread makes me hope the world ends sooner than 2012.
crazy_fox_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 crazy_fox_13
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
anyone who belive the world will end 2012 is an idiot
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sarmini
[QUOTE="bigboy2092"]

mjl259

2012 is not the year scientists say it will happen, its the year the scientists say the Mayans predicted the end. Which is complete malarky considering they had nothing but sticks and stones and their eyeballs to make predictions.

Might have only sticks and eyes but they have one of the most accurate astronomical calandars in History.

Anyway, God said even Jesus Christ didnt know the exact date the world will end, so Humans couldnt possibly know this. I dont know if you believe in God but I do and thats what He said so Im guessing He's right. Something will happen. End of Humanity? No, but something's going to happen.

I think we can pretty much agree about that, we just dont know what.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

This thread makes me hope the world ends sooner than 2012. pinionxl

lol

anyway dont care if ther world ends at 2012, atleast Id die a happy man...

kinda exciting tho..2012 is almost there...only a few more years:shock:

pinionxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 pinionxl
Member since 2002 • 1870 Posts
[QUOTE="mjl259"][QUOTE="bigboy2092"]

sarmini

Might have only sticks and eyes but they have one of the most accurate astronomical calandars in History.

Anyway, God said even Jesus Christ didnt know the exact date the world will end, so Humans couldnt possibly know this. I dont know if you believe in God but I do and thats what He said so Im guessing He's right. Something will happen. End of Humanity? No, but something's going to happen.

No we can't agree something's going to happen. People have been predicting the end of the earth since humans could even think about such a concept. There's no reason to think 2012 will be any different.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 killerfist
[QUOTE="mjl259"][QUOTE="bigboy2092"]

sarmini

man anything can happen. nucular war, sun explodes, ice age(not the movie), rise of the machines(terminator..yeah), meteor, etc

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
It was projected that this current generation could last up to a decade. But 7 years isn't to bad, that was the PS2's life span. It went strong even after the PS3 came out.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 killerfist
[QUOTE="sarmini"][QUOTE="mjl259"][QUOTE="bigboy2092"]

pinionxl

No we can't agree something's going to happen. People have been predicting the end of the earth since humans could even think about such a concept. There's no reason to think 2012 will be any different.

yea people used to think the earth was flat and we would all fall off at the end..

unkling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 unkling
Member since 2004 • 345 Posts

Back to topic, how credible again is the article? NIce if true, though...

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 killerfist

It was projected that this current generation could last up to a decade. But 7 years isn't to bad, that was the PS2's life span. It went strong even after the PS3 came out.Ket87

man thanks for beeing OnTopic partypooper..jk

yeah thats what I think too.

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sarmini
[QUOTE="sarmini"][QUOTE="mjl259"][QUOTE="bigboy2092"]

pinionxl

Something happens every single day that Man is on Earth. Do we exactly what? No, but we know something happens. And also, as Ive stated in an earlier post of mine, the Earth complete its rotation of the Axis so that it flips (Sorry, I forget the technical term) so thats almost guarenteed to make something happen. Do we know exactly what? No, because this kind of thing only happens once every 26,000 years. As far as I know, the earlier recorded history we could find was I think the battle of Meggido, but I forget when that was but I know it sure as hell wasnt no 26000 years ago. Humanity mightve been around then to know what happened, but did we record it? No, we didnt. Something will happen, we just dont know what.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sarmini

Back to topic, how credible again is the article? NIce if true, though...

unkling
Its all pure speculation.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

A lot of ancient cutlures have predicted 2012 as the end of the world. Theres also a lot of odd occurances scientists have confirmed for that day too. Alignment between the Earth, Sun, Center of galaxy. An alignment with the 13th constellation the serpent. As well as an unusually large solar flare is predicted for December or 2012.

But heres my two cents of validity. The ancient Mayans as part of the religious beliefs believed that the entrance to hell was located at the center of the galaxy located in a gigantic black void. Only recently in maybe the last decade have scientists been able to confirm the existence of a super massive black hole at the center of the galaxy. If modern scientists with radio telescopes and other modern equipment were just only now finding it was there, you have to wonder how the hell Mayans knew this 2000 years ago. Plus their astrological data was very accurate. Their solar calendar was more accurate to our orbit around the sun than the one we use today, so these boys runnning around building pyramids in the jungle and sacrificing themselves were no dummies.

Deadpool8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Deadpool8
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD, AARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH WORLD...ENDING IN 2012!!!!!!!...... now thats something that a person that can't think or is very special would say. (didn't mean to disrespect anyone.. If i did i'm sorry.)
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 killerfist

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD, AARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH WORLD...ENDING IN 2012!!!!!!!...... now thats something that a person that can't think or is very special would say. (didn't mean to disrespect anyone.. If i did i'm sorry.) Deadpool8

dont get angry with them if the predictions are true at the end...:P

Kiutu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kiutu
Member since 2006 • 1128 Posts

That theory is also interpreted that the old world will end and a new one will begin, and that this has happened like, 3 times already. (Not sure if this is still being talked about, but whatever)

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sarmini

That theory is also interpreted that the old world will end and a new one will begin, and that this has happened like, 3 times already. (Not sure if this is still being talked about, but whatever)

Kiutu
Ive heard that one also. Its supposed to be an age of "Re-Birth". Hopefully for the better.
Kiutu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kiutu
Member since 2006 • 1128 Posts
Maybe it will begin after the election after this one when someone good FINALLY comes after 12 years. I have much doubt for the next pres but this is not the place to discuss this stuff.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sarmini
Lol, I dont give a damn who comes into office as long as Bush is OUT
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 killerfist

Lol, I dont give a damn who comes into office as long as Bush is OUTsarmini

haha agreed. no offence

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sarmini

Lol. Id rather have Barack (Spelling?) get it then anyone else. I'd vote for him if I could vote.

5TEELY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 5TEELY
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts

People say Earth will end in 2012 simply because the Earth completes its Axis Turn (Forget the technical term, sorry) in 2012 which only happens every 26,000 years. People are making it huge because we dont know what will happen, and Humanity is naturally afraid of the unknown. The Earth is already in the process, so it wont be that big. Maybe hotter and colder weather but I think thats all it will be. Now if it did it suddenly then we would be screwed. Mass earthquakes, supervolcanoes, storms, hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, floods, everything. Since its going slowly I doubt it will happen.

Now even if something catastrophic happens, theres no way Humanity will go extinct. Theres just far too many of us. Alot might die but we've banded together in the past to survive so we'll do it again.

Anyway, good. Im glad theyre waiting. Two reasons.

1) If 2012 kills me then I wont have to spend more money.

2) Ill have a job by then so I know Ill be able to get one instead of begging my parents.

sarmini

well in 2012 the earth will continue spinning its not guna coplete an axsis once and just stop. its the laws of gravity

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sarmini

I know that. I just said that it takes 26000 years to complete 1 rotation. Our poles will be switched, which might create problems but History wasnt recorded way back then, if Humanity was even smart enough to talk in sentences or even if we were walking upright by then. Since we have no previous knowledge to rely on, we dont know what will happen.

5TEELY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 5TEELY
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts

yea i no but like the earth is spining and its not slowing down and theres nothing to bring it to a sudden stop so if it was guna stop it would go very gradualy and astronimers would notice that and we would to becuase our daylight time would start later and end later after a while and sooner or later it would be noticable. but i dont belive it will happen

hard to belive this started out as a forum about a new console and now its getting way off topic

devil_1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 devil_1994
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts

i dont know if anyone here believs in god but i do anyways no one knows when the world will end execpt god it may end tommorw it may end now no one knows