News on next Alan Wake and a new title from Bioware.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

There will be an announcement monday, alsoGameInformer's Jim Reilly just Tweeted, "Quick clarification re: Alan Wake VGA announcement: It's a standalone download game through Xbox Live, not Alan Wake 2." Originally he said this,

A follow-up to Xbox 360 survival horror Alan Wake will be unveiled on Monday, along with a new title from BioWare.

Teaser images from both titles are scheduled to pop up on GameInformer first, ahead of full reveals at the annual VGA event on 10th December.

According to VGA host Geoff Keighley's Twitter feed, the BioWare title is a "new game from a new studio."

Hideo Kojima will also be on stage at the event to rThe annual Spike awards show might have more secrets up its sleeve too. During an investor call yesterday, THQ revealed it planned to unveil a major new core-orientated title some time next month. The VGAs seem like a natural fit.eveal "the truth" about the long-in-the-offing Metal Gear Solid: Rising project.

Earlier this year, Oskari Hakkinen from Alan Wake developer Remedy talked to Eurogamer about its plans for the IP.

"Fans of the franchise will be excited to learn that yes, more Wake is coming! But to be absolutely certain to avoid confusion, this next Wake installment will not be Alan Wake 2. And neither will it be DLC.

"The rest we're saving for our official announcement when we'll actually show you."

Sounds promising, any guesses what the new Bioware game is gonna be like? . . .LINK to original story . . .

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-03-next-alan-wake-title-to-be-revealed-monday

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

I'm gonna say the Alan Wake game will be an on rails kinect game, and i wouldnt be completely surprised if Metal gears solid rising game hasnt turned into a kinect game also, kinda makes sence because it's a sword based game and we havent seen anything about it in about a year, prolly enough time for them to change it into a kinect based game.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HilbillyRokstar

I'm gonna say the Alan Wake game will be an on rails kinect game, and i wouldnt be completely surprised if Metal gears solid rising game hasnt turned into a kinect game also, kinda makes sence because it's a sword based game and we havent seen anything about it in about a year, prolly enough time for them to change it into a kinect based game.

JayQproductions
Man I hope not.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

me too, on both of'em lol. I enjoyed Alan Wake and would like to play some new stuff but not with/for kinect and MGS:Rising looked promising, would hate it to become a fruit ninja type kinect game.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
I doubt they'll make these big games kinect games, the fan base will eat them alive lol.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

My money's on Kinect as a requiirement or at least some functionality. :(

Also:

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HilbillyRokstar

My money's on Kinect as a requiirement or at least some functionality. :(

Also:

balfe1990

The screen shot's interesting. That said, MS has gone on record multiple times saying that will never happen. It's just a peripheral, nothing more, nothing less.

Avatar image for mcpeepants23200
mcpeepants23200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mcpeepants23200
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts

most interested in the new Bioware title. Finally a new Ip from them. They used to put out a new ip after new ip but they've been stuck in the dragon age and Mass Effect worlds forever now. A new Bioware IP would excite me almost as a the new Bioshock IP and Dishonored.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

The screen shot's interesting. That said, MS has gone on record multiple times saying that will never happen. It's just a peripheral, nothing more, nothing less.

HilbillyRokstar

No, they've specifically gone on record to say that some sort of Kinect functionality will be included in every major first party or exclusive titles and a lot of third party titles too. Look at Forza 4 and Halo CEA. Two early examples.

Kinect is Microsoft's main focus now, they will almost certainly be shoehorning Kinect into whatever they can get their hands onto, including this.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

balfe1990

No, they've specifically gone on record to say that some sort of Kinect functionality will be included in every major first party or exclusive titles and a lot of third party titles too. Look at Forza 4 and Halo CEA. Two early examples.

Kinect is Microsoft's main focus now, they will almost certainly be shoehorning Kinect into whatever they can get their hands onto, including this.

As an accessory item
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

HilbillyRokstar

As an accessory item

Their main focus is survival and profitability in a bad economy. In order to do that they must try to deliver value to consumers, and that includes kinect owners. Don't get paranoid. they aren't gonna feed you anything you don't want for fear of losing or alienating you. In any of those games, does the kinect funtionality detract from the "normal" controller experience? In terms of Forza 4, I would have to say no, simply because it is widely considered to be the best racing game ever. I'm sure it will be the same with the Halo series.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
Bioware is probably either Dragon Age 2 expansion or Dragon Age 3
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HilbillyRokstar
Bioware is probably either Dragon Age 2 expansion or Dragon Age 3Essian
No, it's an all new IP. That's what makes it so interesting.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
New Bioware game. Hmmmmm......KOTOR 3 with online would be epic
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Whatever they come up with Alan Wake, I'm pretty sure I'll buy it. Absolutly loved the game and both of it's DLC :D

Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts

I bet the BioWare game will be Dragon Age III or Jade Empire 2. If it's something completely different and new, color me surprised.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HilbillyRokstar

I bet the BioWare game will be Dragon Age III or Jade Empire 2. If it's something completely different and new, color me surprised.Heartagram_03

They said it will be a totally new IP, not a new version of an existing one

EBgamesEB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EBgamesEB
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Its not Alan Wake 2.....But a Xbox live dlc for the game already out......That sucks ! Better then nothing I guess. Oh well, Metal Gear Solid Rising and a new Bioware game is it :( Good thing we got until Dec 10th I think for more news to leak or its a pass on the show and I'll catch the New Bioware game on youtube. I already know MGS Rising will be good.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HilbillyRokstar
Its not Alan Wake 2.....But a Xbox live dlc for the game already out......That sucks ! Better then nothing I guess. Oh well, Metal Gear Solid Rising and a new Bioware game is it :( Good thing we got until Dec 10th I think for more news to leak or its a pass on the show and I'll catch the New Bioware game on youtube. I already know MGS Rising will be good.EBgamesEB
No. it's not dlc or Alan Wake 2. It's a new XBL game. Don't assume the worst. The fact is, they could have made Alan Wake an XBL game, according to the devs.
IShotTheMaid92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IShotTheMaid92
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I would love to see Knights Of The Old Republic 3 from Bioware but it probably won't happen. :( I'm still stoked to see what they're going to release though. :D

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HilbillyRokstar

I would love to see Knights Of The Old Republic 3 from Bioware but it probably won't happen. :( I'm still stoked to see what they're going to release though. :D

IShotTheMaid92
It won't be that. It's gonna be a totally new I.P.