New to xbox. Wireless adapter won't work. Please help someone.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

truegamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 truegamer92
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts

My xbox 360 won't recognize my wireless adaptor. The manual says to install the wireless adaptor installer disk and follow the instructions but nothing happens when I insert the disk. I tried going into network settings and into configure network but there's no option for wireless. Why is this being so difficult? I using the xbox arcade if that makes a difference. I don't think it should though. Please help. I've tried tutorials but some people say I need a flash drive or something?

Nfallout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nfallout
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Turn your console off, plug in the wireless adapter and then start your console. It should recognize your home network in the network settings and then you'll be able to enter the password to your network if there is one and connect. I also tried the disc however i'm assuming my 360 already had the drivers installed because the disc didn't do anything and my wireless works so you could be in the same boat.
truegamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 truegamer92
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts

when I go to configure network, under basic settings, there is no option for wireless settings. How do I make that setting show up? I've seen it on youtube but mine console doesn't have it. Do I need a hard drive?

PukingPug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 PukingPug
Member since 2008 • 1685 Posts

im notposotive but i think you have to have a hard drive